Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
Baby Quasar Light Therapy
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 12, 2006 6:00 pm      Reply with quote
Well you are a Scalawag Girl!! I have got to check that out. How much larger is the full-sized one in comparison and do you know how much time it would cut down on?

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 12, 2006 6:50 pm      Reply with quote
AnnieR wrote:
Well you are a Scalawag Girl!! I have got to check that out. How much larger is the full-sized one in comparison and do you know how much time it would cut down on?

Tee hee, you got it, AnnieR. Bad Grin From their website, the SP is 5mm (2mm larger) and 2.41 sq. in. (1.18 larger). The first link shows a comparison between the two. Treatment time goes from 48 to 24 minutes so cuts it in half!

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 12, 2006 7:09 pm      Reply with quote
Scalawaggirl,
OHHHH! You get me in so much trouble! Now you just know I'm going to have to do this!
Have you told the ladies on the Ice Elements page about this??? I don't want to be the only one spending here!
You know which 800 number I'll be dialing tomorrow!
Thanks! (I think!)
Maria

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 12, 2006 7:50 pm      Reply with quote
La la la...I am so not listening!!!!!

I can't believe you just posted this. So...let me think. First I need to use the BQ for at least 3 months and then I'll be in a good position to see what results I'm getting (I'm about 1/2 way there). Second, I want to get the NuFace too as that'll treat issues the BQ doesn't. Then finally I need to win the lottery and hope this offer's still around next year - sounds about right Laughing !
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 12, 2006 9:06 pm      Reply with quote
Although I really don't mind the time spent, is there any other advantage that you can think of in increasing the size, like penetration depth or results that differ the two to justify the price? Maybe Alex could comment or anyone who has compared. I am still on the fence on this one.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 13, 2006 12:57 am      Reply with quote
Yes Scally - in all seriousness, since you've had such great results from using the BQ I'd love to see how you feel the two models compare once you get yor SP and have used it for a while. Although I don't have much free time, I've got even less money so if time saved is the most noticeable difference I may just be able to put my new lemming back in it's cage Laughing .
scalawaggirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 13, 2006 6:42 am      Reply with quote
fifi wrote:
Yes Scally - in all seriousness, since you've had such great results from using the BQ I'd love to see how you feel the two models compare once you get yor SP and have used it for a while. Although I don't have much free time, I've got even less money so if time saved is the most noticeable difference I may just be able to put my new lemming back in it's cage Laughing .

I will report in on the differences, promise! From what I understand (taken from earlier post by James), the SP not only saves time but is twice as powerful:

Quote:
Findings in NASA research and other clinical studies show between 4 and 8 joules of light must enter a region of skin in order to achieve maximum "therapeutic effects". Go over 8 joules or under 4 joules may be of no benefit to the receipient. A "therapeutic effect" are things such as increase circulation, increase lymphatic drainage, increase in cellular activity - which is a catalyst to stimulate the production of collagen, and so on. In total, it is shown in clinical studies that red/infrared light has been shown to effect at least 24 positive changes at a cellular level.

The technique I shared allows between 4 and 8 joules of red/infrared light to enter each section of the face. My preference is to hear that customers using our device are allowing between 4 and 8 joules in each section of their face per treatment. If you are allowing 4 to 8 joules of light into each section of the face per treatment, you should allow a 4-6 day rest and let your body, cells, skin, etc. have time to react to the therapy and evolve into results. Just like toning or building muscle.

Some mention they use it more frequently, or less frequently, etc. Just like scalawaggirl and katee and countless others have mentioned or referenced, everyone's skin type and response will be different. Just like working out or dieting. If you are doing something that works for you, like using it more or less frequently, please continue. The technique shared should be the starting point for all. It is the middle ground. It is also a technique that allows the correct amount of light into the skin to help you achieve results.

Now, you may ask, how will you know if you are letting enough joules of light into the treated section. The Baby Quasar produces 1.3 joules per centimeter squared, per minute. Making it one of the most powerful on the market that is available to consumers. Our professional device, the Quasar SP, produces twice as much, hence the reason it takes less than half the time to perform a treatment and only needs to be repeated every 7-10 days.

I consider this important when planning to use for other purposes such as carpal tunnel, aches/pains, spider veins, etc. I've been hesitant to work on the veins because it would've taken awhile w/the BQ and I was too impatient. Laughing The SP will be going with me to Montréal and I will also test it out on Alain as he is now getting anxious to try out my beauty products!

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 13, 2006 8:51 am      Reply with quote
Thanks Sacalawaggirl for the upgrade link-I took the plunge. I will have it on Friday (which is when I think you will have yours arrive?). After a lovely chat with Alex, (who patiently took the time to answ. all my questions and inane chattering), I decided to upgrade. At his suggestion, I will start a new thread for Quasar SP so as to not clog up the Baby Q thread, and will post my results as soon as I have them (or Scalawaggirl can when she gets a chance to check it out). I think that's a great idea so that this thread doesn't grow to overwhelming proportions. (Katee, are you thinking about an upgrade? Wink)

5% products discount

Wed Dec 13, 2006 8:57 am      Reply with quote
maria51va wrote:
Scalawaggirl,
OHHHH! You get me in so much trouble! Now you just know I'm going to have to do this!
Have you told the ladies on the Ice Elements page about this??? I don't want to be the only one spending here!
You know which 800 number I'll be dialing tomorrow!
Thanks! (I think!)
Maria

I have been using the Quasar SP now for a month now and I can honestly say I am getting great results!! (used the Baby Q for about 3 weeks prior). I have a routine using the IE products when I do this and it is truly amazing! I started using it on a clean dry face after the application of the IE foaming facial toner that has a base of aloe (which all IE products are aloe based and no water)with other indgredients and also has witch hazel in it. The last couple of times I have been experimenting using the IE squalane oil and I must say this is working well--it gives slip while moving the wand and it increases hydration as I do this. After the treatment I apply the Blueberry Fusion mask for 10-20 min. depending on time and then rinse off and apply the IE Souffle, Edelweis serum and AA serum, the eye duo and lastly the moisturizer. I do not regret the amount of money I have spent on this unit. I loved Baby Q but wanted double the power with less time to do the treatment. Advanced Therapeutics were gracious enough to swap me for the upgrade and I received it very quickly!! I am going to post my results again on the IE board soon after I do a couple more treatments using the squalane---BUT, so far so good!! My face is much firmer, nose to mouth lines are deminishing greatly and eye lift is very much apparent. I've always had good skin but this really gives me GREAT skin. The company does give a 60 day money back guarentee--You will know within that time if this unit will work for you. Furthermore, I have to admit too that the Ice Elements products are quite unique and well worth trying if you are in need for simple but innovative and progressive skin care line. HTH!! Addie (aka buffy) on IE Boards.
scalawaggirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 13, 2006 9:04 am      Reply with quote
AnnieR wrote:
Thanks Sacalawaggirl for the upgrade link-I took the plunge. I will have it on Friday (which is when I think you will have yours arrive?). After a lovely chat with Alex, (who patiently took the time to answ. all my questions and inane chattering), I decided to upgrade. At his suggestion, I will start a new thread for Quasar SP so as to not clog up the Baby Q thread, and will post my results as soon as I have them (or Scalawaggirl can when she gets a chance to check it out). I think that's a great idea so that this thread doesn't grow to overwhelming proportions. (Katee, are you thinking about an upgrade? Wink)

AnnieR, I will get mine, Friday, too! I agree with you that we will start a new thread for the SP, it makes sense.

Buffy, great to see you hear sharing your experience. I thought about contacting you on the IE boards for just that!!!

5% products discount

Wed Dec 13, 2006 9:15 am      Reply with quote
Hey Scalawaggirl!! Very Happy How are you? Oh I am so happy you and AnnieR are going to get the SP! You will not regret this purchase!! I will look forward to your separate thread on the SP. Have to do some errands but wanted to post before I left. I do hope to hear from you soon and the other ladies that are comtemplating using the SP. Take care. Wink Addie
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 13, 2006 9:18 am      Reply with quote
AJRN-you should start the new thread for the SP and post your review since you already have one.

5% products discount

Wed Dec 13, 2006 9:21 am      Reply with quote
AnnieR, am I able to copy this post and paste it on the thread? Confused Addie
scalawaggirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 13, 2006 9:23 am      Reply with quote
AJRN wrote:
AnnieR, am I able to copy this post and paste it on the thread? Confused Addie

Just select your text from your post, copy and then paste it into the body of your new thread! Voila!

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 13, 2006 9:28 am      Reply with quote
Hi!

Just wanted to thank both Winnie (who reported recently about her daughter's success with adult acne) and scalawaggirl (and her great offer) for *finally* pushing me over the edge...

I just called James about the Baby Q offer scalawaggirl recently posted -- and he's letting me trade in my (detested) Zeno and take advantage of the deal! I just have to make payments of $64/month for 6 months, free shipping, free exchange, etc.

I'm so excited. Thanks to all of you for your posts.
scalawaggirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 13, 2006 9:37 am      Reply with quote
StellaMarie wrote:
Hi!

Just wanted to thank both Winnie (who reported recently about her daughter's success with adult acne) and scalawaggirl (and her great offer) for *finally* pushing me over the edge...

I just called James about the Baby Q offer scalawaggirl recently posted -- and he's letting me trade in my (detested) Zeno and take advantage of the deal! I just have to make payments of $64/month for 6 months, free shipping, free exchange, etc.

I'm so excited. Thanks to all of you for your posts.

Awesome, awesome, awesome! I am so excited for you!!! Gotta love Advanced Therapeutics, they are just great!

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 13, 2006 9:59 am      Reply with quote
AnnieR wrote:

Ladies, you are TOO much! Definitely no inane chattering! I have had a blast speaking to you all since last night.

BTW Annie, you were speaking with me, James! Laughing

You can tell, I'm the one that will chat with everyone about the most random things Cool
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 13, 2006 10:53 am      Reply with quote
Ooops, sorry James! ('Embarassed')

I am looking forward to trying the SP out, since I loved the Baby Q so. I just called my hubby to tell him I am going to use his major 11's to experiment on with the SP. He uses the Baby Q sporadically on them now (when he remembers), so we will see how the SP compares.

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 13, 2006 11:34 am      Reply with quote
Well, I just caved! Bought the Big Mamma Q!! James is such a doll to talk to-such response!
Hey, Addie-how did I miss that you've already made the switch? I haven't tried the squalene with it-guess that'll be my next order! it will be shipped today-so excited!
Merry Christmas to me!!
Maria

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 13, 2006 12:33 pm      Reply with quote
girls -- all of you -- stop this!!! i'm the one using the Baby Q on my arm for over an hour each night so she's too exhausted to try it on the face.... geez!!! i'm the one who should upgrade!

actually, james made the kind offer and i still consider nightly. because i *am* using it and it *is* working, but it takes so effin long. for my arm, i mean. but it's allowed me to get off the pain meds and sped healing, regenerated nerves, etc., so i can only sing its praises! i want the big momma so bad though.... if my l.a. doc agrees with the one in paris and i can have all the hardware of my bionic arm taken out in may, i think i will have to join you all and splurge.

if not, mon petit chou, i'm coming to hang out at your place!
scalawaggirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 13, 2006 12:40 pm      Reply with quote
la vie en rose wrote:
...i think i will have to join you all and splurge.

if not, mon petit chou, i'm coming to hang out at your place!

Tu peux venir, ma chère, c'est certain! J'en ai plusieurs de machines comme tu sais déjà - on peut faire un spa à l'idée de Mermaid Girl.

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 13, 2006 12:47 pm      Reply with quote
I don't know why La Vie en Rose would want to hang out with a cabbage.... Rolling Eyes Wink
scalawaggirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 13, 2006 12:48 pm      Reply with quote
PocoLoco wrote:
I don't know why La Vie en Rose would want to hang out with a cabbage.... Rolling Eyes Wink

Parce que c'est petit. Smile Ça change tout.

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 13, 2006 12:52 pm      Reply with quote
LOL!! Laughing Laughing
lucyluc
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 13, 2006 1:36 pm      Reply with quote
AJRN; you used the spQ on your eyes for an eyelift? Is that safe to do that?
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 11:02 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |