Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml)
Baby Quasar Light Therapy
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
johnnavic
5% products discount

Thu Jul 05, 2007 7:34 am      Reply with quote
*self promotion deleted*
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 05, 2007 9:01 am      Reply with quote
Johnnavic-You should start a review of the Tanda in a separate post as this is for the Baby Q. Thanks.

5% products discount

Thu Jul 05, 2007 1:00 pm      Reply with quote
*self promotion deleted*
manon
5% products discount

Thu Jul 05, 2007 5:25 pm      Reply with quote
I was wondering if someone could tell me how long it takes for the BQ to arrive. I live in Australia and ordered my Baby Quasar about 3 weeks ago from E Bay from Alex. I guess I'm a bit impatient but I just can't wait I sooo want to get started Razz

AnnieR you said it works well for your rocasea, how long do you use it on your face for rocasea? And is your rocasea gone now? Thanks Very Happy
Mardy Bum
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 05, 2007 8:50 pm      Reply with quote
Can anyone tell me the procedure to use the BQ for treating injuries. My husband wants to use it on his dicky knees Shock Is it the same procedure for the face and the same length of time, he is a painter and for years has been kneeling down on hard floors and both knees are quite sore. At the moment I am just telling him to use it for 8 minutes on 1st setting on each knee every two days does this sound about right? Does anyone know if he shoud use it for longer. Thanks.
jakee
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 06, 2007 7:38 am      Reply with quote
I bought one a few weeks ago, and have been using it according to the directions. So far: no results. I'll keep at it, but am starting to think I wasted a lot of money.
Chocolat
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 06, 2007 8:16 am      Reply with quote
Mardy Bum, all I can speak from is my own experience. Last May I developed bilateral knee tendinitis and the pain was awful, esp at night when I was trying to sleep. The dr had NO recommendation at all...except rest your knees? How the heck do you do that?
Then I remembered about the Quasar. I had a BQ at the time. I propped it up on one knee at a time while I read, resting the unit head right on on the sorest spot, using the first (green) setting for about 20 min at a time. Then did the other knee. It's the only thing that helped, I felt improvement after just a few days. I still use it if my knees feel sore after a workout.

Hope it helps your husband!
johnnavic
5% products discount

Fri Jul 06, 2007 8:42 am      Reply with quote
Light works very well for rehab. I worked in this field for three years and there are some wonderful professional units out there right now using phototherapy for healing and pain management.

I am not sure how many joules of energy the BQ delivers but the protocol for pain is 20 joules on each key pressure point around the knee. The best wavelength is infrared (870) but anything within 660 and up will help.

Good luck.

J
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 06, 2007 9:09 am      Reply with quote
Manon-I do use it on my rosacea and it works very well to keep it in check. I don't overuse it according to the protocol so as to not dry my skin out. I got my Baby Q in a week so hopefully you will get yours soon.
Mardy Bum-I also use it for pain management and healing. My hubby used it on a broken hand and it helped with the pain and healing. He just used the high setting or green light for 1 minute per area.
Thanks Johnnavic-there has been several LED devices reviewed on this forum and they all had their own posting, such as the full sized Quasar, Lightsim,etc. But I am pretty partial to the Baby Q myself. Laughing

5% products discount

Fri Jul 06, 2007 9:23 am      Reply with quote
No prob. Annie, it is nice to see that people are realizing the value of light therapies. The bottom line is that you get a quality product that fits your lifestyle, regardless of which brand, it is important to do your research... light is the way a lot of the technologies for health and wellness are going.

*Edited to remove self promotion*
lunarmm
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 06, 2007 9:44 am      Reply with quote
Regarding use for pain, I would definitely contact customer service at Advanced Therapeutics and ask. They would have more specific info about which color to use and duration. Let us know what they say.

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 06, 2007 4:23 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you everyone for your responses I will contact them and defonately post the reply as soon as they reply.
manon
5% products discount

Sun Jul 08, 2007 10:59 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks AnnieR! Very Happy
mariepop
5% products discount

Thu Jul 12, 2007 11:59 am      Reply with quote
It's been almost a year this forum about babyQ is going on. I will like to hear from those who have been using it for over a year. Especially if you are 45+ and did not use any other devices. Are you still enthusiastic about the result or you don't use it anymore because you did not see any change. I can't decide yet if I will get one! Looking forward for any comments.
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 13, 2007 5:48 am      Reply with quote
I've had it about a year now and never used the other devices or even thought about it. I still love the baby Q and I still use it. I just don't have to use it as often now for maintenance, maybe every 7-10 days. As I tell people when they ask (and I am asked alot), can't say exactly what it does, but it does something. Wink

5% products discount

Fri Jul 13, 2007 7:18 am      Reply with quote
It is very encouraging to see you are pleased with the result. Thanks for your reply. Hope I will still get input from those who have it for over a year!
EC413
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 13, 2007 2:36 pm      Reply with quote
Hello everybody! Just registered here, and I wanted to ask some questions about the LED devices. I was searching on eBay for skin care products, and ran into a "Acne/Wrinkle Therapy Light" which has red LED, blue LED, and red/blue at the same time(cant post a pic, but if you want look up "Acne/Therapy Light" on eBay to see what I am talking about). It's a handheld device, not the Quasar.. its called "Color Ray" or something. I researched LED light therapy, and it seemed like it was a sure thing. I have some scarring on my face (little scars), some discoloration/redness in certain areas, but im in my 20s, so my skin isnt very wrinkled or sagging yet, but I bought it because of the scarring, some lines around the eyes, and also I have occasional breakouts which I hate. My skin also seems a little thin, and not supple enough. Anyone have any advice for me? I ordered the Color Ray LED therapy light ($70.00), and should be recieving it earlier this upcoming week. Im really excited. I am obsessed with having healthy/clean skin, and I hope that this is the answer. It was much much cheaper than the other more serious devices, but I hope that its still going to do atleast something. Anyone have any experience with the device that I ordered (not Q or baby Q)?

I'll be checking this forum often, and will come back and reply once I get it in the mail!

Thanks!!
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 14, 2007 8:03 am      Reply with quote
No, I've never even thought about other devices, but once you get it maybe you can start a new thread on it and let us new how it works.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 14, 2007 8:04 am      Reply with quote
Sorry, new computer and hit the submit button twice. Rolling Eyes

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 14, 2007 8:16 am      Reply with quote
Haha, its okay. Thanks for the reply. I was kind of skeptical about purchasing a cheaper version of LED therapy, but it seems legit. I dont have the money right now to just blow $300.00+ dollars, so when I found a handheld device for $70.00, I was pretty excited. It seems like a good device though. It has 3 selectable power settings(low,med,high), emits a pulse or continuous wave of light, emits both blue and red light, and releases waves between 580nm and 980nm. Its comes with a power adapter, face guard, and user manual. I really cant wait to get it, and start experimenting with it. Its called
AVS-246 Color Ray Beauty Device. I dunno, we will see what happens, and I will definitely post a review of it on the site, once I see results (or dont see results). THANKS!
rubby
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 14, 2007 6:13 pm      Reply with quote
EC413 wrote:
It seems like a good device though. It has 3 selectable power settings(low,med,high), emits a pulse or continuous wave of light, emits both blue and red light, and releases waves between 580nm and 980nm. Its comes with a power adapter, face guard, and user manual. I really cant wait to get it, and start experimenting with it. Its called
AVS-246 Color Ray Beauty Device. I dunno, we will see what happens, and I will definitely post a review of it on the site, once I see results (or dont see results). THANKS!

Please do review this gadget (a new thread would probably be the best way). I have BQ and love it. So, what I am interested in is the blue light. I have acne prone skin and BC did not really do much to help with my acne. So, I would really like to know if blue light is beneficial and what you think about it.
Thanks! R. Smile

44, oily T-zone, acne prone (PCOS) ~ Baby Q & Tanda (blue light) ~ Karin Herzog (Oxy Face, Vita-A-Kombi 2, Vitamin H, Eye cream) ~ PSF (Cramberry Eye Gel) ~ Pearl/Silk powder primer and mist ~ L2K ~ MMU
Holmes
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 15, 2007 12:10 pm      Reply with quote
Hello EC413,
I've seen a gadget advertised here in the U.K. that sounds similar to the one you have.
It's called the Photon Light Facial Therapy.
It's hand held and mains powered.
Quote: 'The treatment head dispenses light in combinations of 6 colours... Blue: Red: Yellow: Lilac: Green: Orange.'
It seems reasonably priced at £59.95.
Does it sound like your one?
TIA
EC413
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 16, 2007 4:54 am      Reply with quote
It sounds very similar... and I do believe they are sold in the UK, but this particular device only has red or blue LED light, I wish I had all those colors!! I should be getting the unit today... or tomorrow..im excited. I'll try to somehow get pictures up, of it. Thanks!
EC413
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 16, 2007 3:37 pm      Reply with quote
Got it in the mail today! Im gonna start usin it now! Wish me luck!
Andee

Tue Jul 17, 2007 1:06 pm      Reply with quote
*Post Removed Self Promotion*
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 16, 2024 12:58 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |