Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
Baby Quasar Light Therapy
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
diaan46
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 16, 2008 7:39 am      Reply with quote
http://www.quasarpro.com/
toblerone
5% products discount

Wed Jan 16, 2008 9:38 am      Reply with quote
Winnie wrote:
zozo228 wrote:
I've been reading all the excellent feedback on the Baby Q and am ready to buy - can anyone advise on advantages of buying from Advanced Therapeutics vs. Quasar Pro? Are they the same?

Thanks.

I am quite sure that AT and Quasar Pro are the same. Last week someone gave us a link to this new website. Alex Webster, who wrote the previous post was my contact from Advanced Therapeutics.

I live in Canada. Is it best to buy from EDS?
blackmamba
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 17, 2008 12:41 pm      Reply with quote
does this device help with broken capillaries?
Winnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 17, 2008 12:55 pm      Reply with quote
toblerone wrote:
Winnie wrote:
zozo228 wrote:
I've been reading all the excellent feedback on the Baby Q and am ready to buy - can anyone advise on advantages of buying from Advanced Therapeutics vs. Quasar Pro? Are they the same?

Thanks.

I am quite sure that AT and Quasar Pro are the same. Last week someone gave us a link to this new website. Alex Webster, who wrote the previous post was my contact from Advanced Therapeutics.

I live in Canada. Is it best to buy from EDS?

If you buy it from EDS you still get all the guarantee/warranty from Advanced Therapeutics.

As I am getting older I realize my biggest beauty secret is smile more and frown less. Be aware that wrinkles do not make a person unattractive. Cynicism, unforgiveness, anger and jealousy are the real culprits. Sixty something Smile
Winnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 17, 2008 12:57 pm      Reply with quote
blackmamba wrote:
does this device help with broken capillaries?

Both the BQ and Quasar SP has lightened my broken capillaries with continued use. I use the device three times a week. It took about two months before I saw the capillaries getting lighter.

As I am getting older I realize my biggest beauty secret is smile more and frown less. Be aware that wrinkles do not make a person unattractive. Cynicism, unforgiveness, anger and jealousy are the real culprits. Sixty something Smile
blackmamba
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 17, 2008 1:20 pm      Reply with quote
Oh Winnie!! First ferox ( which I should be getting soon Very Happy ) Now this!!! I love and hate you at the same time Laughing So much money!!! But hey, it'd probably be worth it right Cool Thanks again Winnie!
Winnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 17, 2008 3:02 pm      Reply with quote
blackmamba wrote:
Oh Winnie!! First ferox ( which I should be getting soon Very Happy ) Now this!!! I love and hate you at the same time Laughing So much money!!! But hey, it'd probably be worth it right Cool Thanks again Winnie!

If the BQ or SP don't deliver the results you expect be SURE to take advantage of their excellent return policy. It would be a good idea if you checked it out again before purchasing. Smile

zozo228

Thu Jan 17, 2008 7:53 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for the clarification. Now, I can order !!
elsiej123
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 20, 2008 12:36 am      Reply with quote
I really need to go to sleep! Now I need to order a Nuface, Quasar Pro, Facial Flex and Zeno! Arrghh. It's all too much. Will sleep - everything will be easier to get straight tomorrow...

I am going to spend so much by reading these forums! Yikes!

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 20, 2008 1:13 am      Reply with quote
elsiej123 wrote:
I really need to go to sleep! Now I need to order a Nuface, Quasar Pro, Facial Flex and Zeno! Arrghh. It's all too much. Will sleep - everything will be easier to get straight tomorrow...

I am going to spend so much by reading these forums! Yikes!

Misery likes company... Laughing Laughing Laughing

Nitey night!....Kassy

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
Slinkylynx
5% products discount

Sun Jan 20, 2008 4:39 am      Reply with quote
Hi forumites,

Well, I appreciated your collective advice on the BabyQ so much, I thought I'd let you know that there's a new BabyBlue being released, the blue LED sibling of the original.

More info on the quasarpro website (which I'm not allowed to link to here, because I'm a new member Question)

The two are meant to be the ultimate combo for fighting acne, and are sold together as the Acne Power Pack. I have adult (hormonal, jawline) acne, and would love two, but think I can only afford one for now, so I'll be going with the original baby (which, according to the treatment section of the above website, is the more important one to have).

If it helps anyone obliterate their acne, be sure to let me know!

Cheers
diaan46
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 24, 2008 12:05 am      Reply with quote
Hello all baby users.

Can you help me out,........my bulbs are burning on the right much intensive than on the left.

On green, on orange and on red, there burning 12 bulbs. six intensive and six just red?

Is this normal?
Ambien
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 24, 2008 3:55 am      Reply with quote
From the Eds forum, I know some have mentioned blue lights for Acne, followed by red lights to repair the skin for optimum results. Unfortunately, purchasing two different lights would be too tough on my pocket at the moment... Embarassed

Am swayed by the some of the raving reviews on Quasar as a general beauty enhancement tool; wondering if it would help acneic skins too?

Anyone care to share results or information on using the baby quasar for acne concerns?

Thanks much in advance! Smile

(Tanda has both attachments but poor return policy...?)
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 24, 2008 7:43 am      Reply with quote
When my hormonal acne flares, the Baby Q is great for helping it heal faster and toning it down. Also helps my rosacea.

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 24, 2008 9:17 am      Reply with quote
AnnieR wrote:
When my hormonal acne flares, the Baby Q is great for helping it heal faster and toning it down. Also helps my rosacea.

Thanks AnnieR, just to clarify.. so it helps by healing the acne, but did not do much to prevent it from occuring? Or do you experience a less severe breakout after using Baby Q as well? Razz
Kiwi bird
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 24, 2008 5:38 pm      Reply with quote
Wow - great to hear such good results - makes me want to consider giving it a go.
diaan46
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 24, 2008 11:48 pm      Reply with quote
diaan46 wrote:
Hello all baby users.

Can you help me out,........my bulbs are burning on the right much intensive than on the left.

On green, on orange and on red, there burning 12 bulbs. six intensive and six just red?

Is this normal?

Dear ladies can you look for my ??
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 25, 2008 7:51 am      Reply with quote
Well I guess it could prevent it if I had the time to use it more often than 1 time a week or so. Laughing

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 25, 2008 10:12 am      Reply with quote
AnnieR wrote:
Well I guess it could prevent it if I had the time to use it more often than 1 time a week or so. Laughing

Haha I see, thanks for sharing AnnieR. Hmm think we all have this problem st some point!

My Neutrogena microdermabrasion device ordered months ago is still sitting pretty in its box as we speak. Embarassed

Baby Q does sound good though.. Wink

Anyone else with good results with Acne prevention using this?
diaan46
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 27, 2008 2:15 am      Reply with quote
diaan46 wrote:
Hello all baby users.

Is this normal?

PLEASE LADIES LOOK FOR MY Pray I AM ON THE POINT THO SENT IT BACK.
kika

Tue Jan 29, 2008 2:52 pm      Reply with quote
has anyone used this for hair thinning? The Q's website says it may help?
Thanks!
diaan46
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 29, 2008 11:17 pm      Reply with quote
Well today I'm sending the baby back.

I still have large pores, and droopy and sagging skin around the eyes and jawline and neck.

I believe for those issues the baby is not the device.

Also the light issues I don't understand that the 12 lights how supposed tho be red ,now are defined in 6 red and 6 amber??

For my it's seem that there are just 6 lights left with the 660 NM then the infra red(the 12 you can't see) the range is about 900/1100 NM.

If you read the DPL I believe more fore less.

Butt I have try, and the service off Quasar is very good. perhaps I go in time for the larger one.

Thanks ladies for your help.

Diana
annachan
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 31, 2008 6:28 am      Reply with quote
diaan46 wrote:
diaan46 wrote:
Hello all baby users.

Is this normal?

PLEASE LADIES LOOK FOR MY Pray I AM ON THE POINT THO SENT IT BACK.

Mine too and I was also worried then I read all about it more closely and realized that the bulbs are different lights ...infra read ultra violet etc...and different frequencies..(is that the right way to put it?)...so I think its normal!
annachan
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 31, 2008 6:30 am      Reply with quote
ok maybe not ulra violet...I just posted that thinking hang on thats not right Think ...oops sorry...but you get the point? Laughing
jade-1234
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 06, 2008 10:40 am      Reply with quote
Why not send us your photos????

katee wrote:
Early in the Spring, my older sister gave me a really great gift, which I think I've mention here. It was a certificate for a series of 8 Gentle Waves treatments. The deal is that you go in once per week for a microdermabrasion followed by a 90 second Gentle Waves treatment. The Gentle Waves is basically photorejuvenation light therapy - pulsing orange light.

I couldn't have been more delighted with the results! My skin really loved it - all plumped and firm and glowy. Some docs do the Gentle Waves two times per week for 5 weeks for a total of 10 treatments, without the microdermabrasion (obviously some skin can't tolerate that much microdermabrasion !!!).

After the initial series, the maintenance schedule my derm recommended was a microderm followed by the GW every 6 to 8 weeks. The series of eight treatments cost my sis $550 and I would have been happy to pay that sum for a year's worth of maintenance...

But, actually, my rave isn't for the Gentle Waves series!!! Well, actually it IS, but when I was talking to my derm about how much I loved the results, she said to me - "OK look - this probably isn't in my best interest, but I'm going to clue you in to something. She proceeded to tell me about a device made by this outfit called Advanced Therapeutics. They make a professional photorejuvenation device called the Quasar. The Quasar has 24 LEDs (light emitting diodes) utilizing “four different” wavelengths in the red to infrared wavelength range. It sells for $1,650 - thousands less than a Gentle Waves unit but wayyyyyy too rich for my blood.

However, they also make something called the Baby Quasar. The Quasar is to be used once per week - the Baby Quasar is to be used twice per week according to the manufacturers instructions. However, she told me to use it every other day. IT costs $800 on their website, but can be purchased via Amazon or on eBay from the guy who owns Advanced Therapeutics for $350-$400. One year warranty and a very generous return policy.

I was extremely skeptical, but she has never steered me wrong and is one of the foremost laser / light experts in the world. I figured what the hell - for $350 it was worth a try. If it was an utter failure (which, to be honest, is what I expected), I knew I could return it for nothing more than the cost of shipping.

Well, I just can't tell you how absolutely blown away I am by this thing!!! I've only used it four times and the results are more dramatic than the entire Gentle Waves series !!! You feel NOTHING at all - not even the minor sensation that's associated with microcurrent devices like NuFace. The very first time I used it, my entire face firmed right up. I have deep set eyes - after this, it looked like I had undergone a browlift or something ! The effect of the first treatment diminished after about 24 hours, but now, after four treatments, the results seem to persist.

For people who have moisture issues or problems with pigmentation, they recommend using a hyaluronic acid serum before the treatment (or a skin lightening serum if the issue is pigmentation). I normally don't have moisture problems, but after a weekend of non stop margaritas and no sleep, I decided to try it. HOLY SH*T!!! I swear my bf did a double take when I walked out of the bathroom. The results are truly amazing.

I am just so delighted by this thing! I had been reading about NuFace, but I have a Dermal Tone and I just wasn't convinced the NuFace was all that much better - especially given its price. The Dermal Tone is a pain in the neck, cause it has to be placed just right, etc etc., but it IS effective, albeit inconvenient. With this Baby Quasar, however, I think I can retire my Dermal Tone for good !
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 23, 2024 10:30 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |