Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)
Baby Quasar Light Therapy
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 03, 2007 11:17 am      Reply with quote
I have looked into Fraxel, Thermage, Cool touch and I have had quite a few IPL's. I have also had the Yag laser on several caps. I will probably have an IPL again sometime this month or next as new cap's keep creeping back and I know you have to have maintenance IPL's to keep up with it. I will use the baby Q in between to keep up the results. I have also weighed the benefits of Fraxel and I am thinking of that as well, but heard that is really painful. The only procedure I will not do is the Thermage because I know it can cause tissue loss in some people and I would be sure to be in that group. If your skin is dehydrated even the IPL's can cause some minor sagging, I've had that happen. My doc said my skin was just too dry at the time and so when I had swelling it caused a little stretching, which later reduced. The LED's have a different technology than the lasers, more for deep healing beneath the surface or killing bacteria, hence the absence of pain when you use it. To have pain with the IPL's, Fraxel or Thermage, you are actually affecting the SURFACE or epidermal layer of your face and to then penetrate deeper, in some cases a lasering effect. That's what gives the results of zapping the caps and rebuilding the damaged/weathered skin, peeling the top layer, etc. At least that's my understanding of the info my esthetician gave in describing the different procedures. Again, each procedure achieves a very different result.

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 03, 2007 12:07 pm      Reply with quote
I think Winnie summed things up perfectly and quite elegantly. Smile
katee
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 03, 2007 2:17 pm      Reply with quote
I agree Janna.. And that's cause Winnie is quite an elegant lady !

hkyarrington, you haven't offended anyone and I truly hope my posts didn't offend you. It surely wasn't my intention. I understand that English is your second language, and it's clearly why I'm not always 100% certain of what it is you're saying. That, my dear, is NOT your problem, it's MINE ! I can tell you right now that your English is one whole hell of alot better than my Dutch!!!

You have every right to ask questions, and to get answers to them. I posted what I did because I sensed that you were growing impatient and I really do have a very high opinion of the equipment and of the customer service provided by the company. I wasn't sure that you were taking the holidays into account, etc.

So, please, don't ever hesitate to say or ask what you want for fear of "stirring things up." Sometimes, a little stirring is exactly what the pot needs! Wink
havana8

Wed Jan 03, 2007 2:39 pm      Reply with quote
As an aside, I think it is really nice of AT to try and provide some kind of contact/support point for the Youthlite people. I can only imagine how terribly demoralizing and frustrating it would be to spend a ton of money with high hopes only to find the company, your warranty and support have vanished.
rubby
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 03, 2007 6:56 pm      Reply with quote
This is completely off topic Rolling Eyes . . .

But I'm almost ready to order my BQ so I have a question:
Has anybody ordered BQ (directly from AT) from Canada? I am curious about shipping costs, customs fees & taxes.
Please let me know. (BTW, I'm in Toronto)

Thanks a million!!

Rubby Smile

44, oily T-zone, acne prone (PCOS) ~ Baby Q & Tanda (blue light) ~ Karin Herzog (Oxy Face, Vita-A-Kombi 2, Vitamin H, Eye cream) ~ PSF (Cramberry Eye Gel) ~ Pearl/Silk powder primer and mist ~ L2K ~ MMU
hkyarrington
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 03, 2007 7:22 pm      Reply with quote
@Katee, I'm happy to hear that, I'm always afraid people may misunderstand my intentions, it's hard to express yourself in another language and then in writing as well too. Especially because you and I have to say Winnie as well write very poetically:)

I do think indeed it is very nice of AT to give people who were duped a feedback and a place to go to. It must also not very easy to deal with. That's very courageous.

For the shipping question, when I look up on their Ebay website it says 55 dollars shipping (you can get the BQ for 399, so total 454) or buy it through amazon and you pay 20 dollar but 450 for the BQ is 470.

hope that was of any help
hkyarrington
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 03, 2007 7:27 pm      Reply with quote
@annie, wow that is amazing what you already tried. My problem with procedures is downtime. My husband thinks I'm crazy and look beautiful to him. But well you know.... when I look in the mirror. I once did Mesotherapy in Amsterdam, which was a complete disaster, as you get tiny injections, my face was all bruised up ... my husband was %^&$$! Wink Right now I'm very interested in Sculptra, as in the Netherlands people have gotten very nice results with that. I think the FDA just approved it here.

well and if anyone wants to see a picture of me and my little girl here you go http://www.pslingnewyork.com/voice.html look for "yarrington". I look a bit tired and chubby (and eeks i still am), my girls was about 6 months there.
Advanced Therapeutics
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 03, 2007 7:28 pm      Reply with quote
rubby wrote:
This is completely off topic Rolling Eyes . . .

But I'm almost ready to order my BQ so I have a question:
Has anybody ordered BQ (directly from AT) from Canada? I am curious about shipping costs, customs fees & taxes.
Please let me know. (BTW, I'm in Toronto)

Thanks a million!!

Rubby Smile

Very popular question, so I will post to the best of my ability.

I haven't had a customer yet report that they have been taxed or had customs fees attached. Lucky I guess.

To date, I have only had one international shipping issue. Ironically, it was to Canada. I am hoping that Canada's post didn't lose the package. This disturbs me a great deal as we typically have quick and flawless shipping experiences. Furthermore, it bothers me from a Customer Experience/Service perspective. While I know people understand WE are not the ones carrying to your door, I hate when experiences are not consistent.
rubby
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 03, 2007 7:50 pm      Reply with quote
Advanced Therapeutics wrote:

I haven't had a customer yet report that they have been taxed or had customs fees attached. Lucky I guess.

Oh, that's great. Let's hope i have the same experience Smile.
I'll be ordering soon Dancing
R. Smile

44, oily T-zone, acne prone (PCOS) ~ Baby Q & Tanda (blue light) ~ Karin Herzog (Oxy Face, Vita-A-Kombi 2, Vitamin H, Eye cream) ~ PSF (Cramberry Eye Gel) ~ Pearl/Silk powder primer and mist ~ L2K ~ MMU
havana8

Wed Jan 03, 2007 8:07 pm      Reply with quote
Rubby, I ordered it from AT but through eBay. Shipping costs were as posted but thankfully Smile there were no taxes or duty owing upon delivery.
katee
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 03, 2007 8:11 pm      Reply with quote
Oh my - your baby is just beautiful and so are you! There is NO reason for you to be considering procedures, at least not from the look of that photo. Just take really good care of your skin, keep using the BQ. With any luck you'll maintain that pretty glow!
PocoLoco
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 03, 2007 8:18 pm      Reply with quote
Ditto what Katee said, and you're not even the tiniest bit chubby!!! Shock Smile
doba
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 04, 2007 8:03 am      Reply with quote
hkyarrington wrote:
@annie, wow that is amazing what you already tried. My problem with procedures is downtime. My husband thinks I'm crazy and look beautiful to him. But well you know.... when I look in the mirror. I once did Mesotherapy in Amsterdam, which was a complete disaster, as you get tiny injections, my face was all bruised up ... my husband was %^&$$! Wink Right now I'm very interested in Sculptra, as in the Netherlands people have gotten very nice results with that. I think the FDA just approved it here.

well and if anyone wants to see a picture of me and my little girl here you go http://www.pslingnewyork.com/voice.html look for "yarrington". I look a bit tired and chubby (and eeks i still am), my girls was about 6 months there.

You and your daughter are beautiful!!!
hkyarrington
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 04, 2007 9:27 am      Reply with quote
thank you all for your compliments:)
the pictures I have seen on this board, everyone is so pretty ... I better start learning here fast;0
TheresaL
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 04, 2007 9:36 am      Reply with quote
Can someone provide a link to the NASA study? I have found NASA studies on LEDs and they had to do with wound healing. Now I know that alot of anti-aging treatments are used on the premise that if it works to heal wounds then it could help rejuvenate aged skin but this is just a guess until a study is done to show actual skin rejuvenation effects. I know that the Gentle Waves device does have clinical studies to back it up but it would be great if the NASA studies that all these devices were referring to actually showed anti-aging results. Is there a NASA study that does show this? Or are there any clinical studies other than the Gentle Waves ones?
sigma
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 04, 2007 10:30 am      Reply with quote
I would really love to get the info regarding long term use safety.

Does anyone have any info/links?

TIA,
Lucy.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 04, 2007 10:34 am      Reply with quote
sigma wrote:

TIA,
Lucy.

Me, too.
hkyarrington
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 04, 2007 11:04 am      Reply with quote
Hi, I'm trying to find that out as well too. So far, I come up with that NASA itself made its first Infrared devices together with Quantum Devices, to treat people with pain for instance. Based upon that information Gentlewaves made its machine. I don't think it's been tested by the NASA. It is however approved by the FDA for its skincare use.

The FDA approved LED for use for pain and must have found that safe. I will look into that or I can find something about that. As far as I could find GentleWaves is the first medical apppliance approved by the FDA for its skincare use, but maybe I'm wrong?
Advanced Therapeutics
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 04, 2007 11:24 am      Reply with quote
doba wrote:
sigma wrote:

TIA,
Lucy.

Me, too.

There are many sites out there in regards to this question. Probably one of the more thorough ones out there is this:

http://www.dermalogix.net/lllt/risks.html

I know I answered something similar before and it may have been posted on Ice Elements board.

James
TheresaL
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 04, 2007 11:28 am      Reply with quote
On the topic of the FDA. As far as I know the FDA has only approved the use of LED therapy as a treatment for acne. At least this is what I have read so far. If anyone knows of anyother FDA approved uses then I am sure they will correct me on this.

I think that devices like the Quasar, BQ, Gentle Waves, etc. are approved by the FDA as Class XXX Medical Devices (the XXX is just my way of saying I have no idea which class these devices fall under). I think this means that they are considered safe but I am not really sure what the word safe means in this context. Perhaps someone can explain this though.

As for long term safety I am not so sure any studies have been done on this since this technology is "fairly" recent. But I guess it depends on how you define long-term!
hkyarrington
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 04, 2007 11:33 am      Reply with quote
Hi I have looked everywhere, also on the FDA website but only Gentlewaves as a machine is at this moment FDA approved, I think other appliances are in the process of. The use itself of LED has been approved for healing wounds and for pain. Also some exciting new things about eyesurgery and so on.
TheresaL
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 04, 2007 11:47 am      Reply with quote
hkyarrington-what use did the FDA approve the Gentle Waves for? Or did they just approve it as a safe device? I know that there have been actual clinical studies done using the Gentle Waves so I suppose it is possible that they did get FDA approval to treat something with it but what exactly?

Also, I could have sworn that I saw somewhere that the Quasar products were FDA approved (at least as "safe"). Does anyone know if this is true?
sigma
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 04, 2007 11:55 am      Reply with quote
I know that lasers are safe in terms of skin cancer (checked with the expert in Sloan Kettering). Does it apply to LED devices?

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 04, 2007 11:55 am      Reply with quote
well according to a newsclipping
VIRGINIA BEACH, Va., Jan. 5 (HSMN NewsFeed) -- Light BioScience® announced today that the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) cleared GentleWaves® Light Emitting Diode (LED) Photomodulation® System for the non-invasive treatment of periorbital (eye area) wrinkles and rhytids. GentleWaves is the first and only LED device to receive marketing approval for a medical claim associated with cosmetic improvement of aging and sun-damaged skin, further validating the science of LED Photomodulation for skin rejuvenation.

This is an old clipping, there maybe new things added to it.
hkyarrington
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 04, 2007 11:57 am      Reply with quote
I think it is confusing what's being said, so in one sentence there can be said that this machine using LEDs is FDA approved, which can mean that the LEDS itself is approved for treating pain& different things, but the machine itself not yet, so it is not untrue. If you can find somewhere a newsclipping or on the FDA site something that would be very helpful
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 12:15 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |