Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Baby Quasar Light Therapy
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
rubby
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 03, 2007 6:29 am      Reply with quote
Hi everyone Smile !

I finally spoke with James (he is really great) last night and I finally !!!!!!! Shock Shock !!!!! purchased the BQ Shock Shock. It took me good 3 months of reading, researching, thinking, "listening" to your conversations here, but I finally did it!

It will be 10 days before I actually receive it, but at least I placed my order.

I'm happy! R.Wink

44, oily T-zone, acne prone (PCOS) ~ Baby Q & Tanda (blue light) ~ Karin Herzog (Oxy Face, Vita-A-Kombi 2, Vitamin H, Eye cream) ~ PSF (Cramberry Eye Gel) ~ Pearl/Silk powder primer and mist ~ L2K ~ MMU
shengyue
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 03, 2007 7:38 am      Reply with quote
woooo,It was so many posted must be readed.
Gypsy
5% products discount

Sat Feb 03, 2007 10:32 am      Reply with quote
rubby wrote:
Hi everyone Smile !

I finally spoke with James (he is really great) last night and I finally !!!!!!! Shock Shock !!!!! purchased the BQ Shock Shock. It took me good 3 months of reading, researching, thinking, "listening" to your conversations here, but I finally did it!

It will be 10 days before I actually receive it, but at least I placed my order.

I'm happy! R.Wink

I also just joined the quasar family. I placed an order for the SP unit yesterday.Smile
rubby
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 03, 2007 11:32 am      Reply with quote
Gypsy wrote:
rubby wrote:
Hi everyone Smile !

I'm happy! R.Wink

I also just joined the quasar family. I placed an order for the SP unit yesterday.Smile

Well, good luck to both of us! Wink

44, oily T-zone, acne prone (PCOS) ~ Baby Q & Tanda (blue light) ~ Karin Herzog (Oxy Face, Vita-A-Kombi 2, Vitamin H, Eye cream) ~ PSF (Cramberry Eye Gel) ~ Pearl/Silk powder primer and mist ~ L2K ~ MMU
Mossa
5% products discount

Sat Feb 03, 2007 6:43 pm      Reply with quote
There is an interesting article on light therapy in today's USA Weekend.

"Light apparently works on human tissue at the cellular level, transferring energy to the mitochondria, helping the body repair itself. The secret to the many ways that light can be used in medicine lies in the varying wavelengths of different colors of light.

Near Infrared Light: The long wavelengths of near infrared light, next to red on the spectrum and invisible to the human eye, can penetrate deeply into human tissue. For that reason, it may be the light treatment with the most dramatic potential for revolutionizing medicine.

Working with patients at the Children's Hospital of Wisconsin, infrared light has essentially eliminated severe mucositis (oral sores that are a side effect of chemogherapy and radiation treatment and leave patients unable to either eat or drink).

Bigger applications could be ahead. Tests on animals have shown success reversing blindness by stimulating retinal cells in the eye. Animal studies also indicate that infrared light can help cut a heart attack's severity by up to 50% and repair tissue afterward.

Red Light: Red light, which does not penetrate as deeply as near infrared, seems to help wounds heal more quickly. In addition, the light can be used to remove certain precancerous skin cells without scarring.

But what many people may be most interested in is red light's ability to reverse aging. Used in conjunction with near infrared, the light promotes collegen formation, which smooths out wrinkled skin. You're not going to take somebody who is 60 and turn them into a 20-year-old, but it is very clear that you can take people's skin and make them look younger and more vibrant. Red light also has an anti-imflammatory effect and can kill bacteria, as can blue light."
Winnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 04, 2007 9:03 am      Reply with quote
Quote:
But what many people may be most interested in is red light's ability to reverse aging. Used in conjunction with near infrared, the light promotes collegen formation, which smooths out wrinkled skin. You're not going to take somebody who is 60 and turn them into a 20-year-old, but it is very clear that you can take people's skin and make them look younger and more vibrant. Red light also has an anti-imflammatory effect and can kill bacteria, as can blue light."

Thanks Mossa.

Perhaps someone can make this clear for me. Would the red light in the BQ be better for antiaging than the green (continuous mode)? What is the difference in the three modes for skincare? I know there is a whole routine James posted for antiaging a while back. However, as we learn more about a fairly new technology routines might change. Have any of SP or BQ users changed light settings and time used for antiaging?

I find that the green does best for pain management. Since I purchased the BQ my first concern was becoming mobile again.

Quote:
Red Light: Red light, which does not penetrate as deeply as near infrared, seems to help wounds heal more quickly

This must be why the my contact dermatitis healed so quickly using the BQ. Very Happy
Mogwai
5% products discount

Sun Feb 04, 2007 12:21 pm      Reply with quote
Took me three days of off and on reading to get through this thread!!

Could someone who is using the BQ comment specifically on their experience with the effect on crow's feet?

Effects on hyperpigmentation and firming up sound great, reason enough (maybe) to buy, but I'd really like to know if anyone has seen those crow's feet improve.

Thanks in advance!
Moonstarr
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 04, 2007 12:39 pm      Reply with quote
Winnie wrote:
Have any of SP or BQ users changed light settings and time used for antiaging?

I just finished my 6th treatment with the SP on Friday. Currently I am doing 2 minutes per section on the red setting, followed by 4 minutes per section on the green setting. Then I spot treat with the green under my eyes (hoping it might lighten those dark circles a little by increasing the collagen) and some areas with hyperpigmentation (probably about 8 minutes to spot treat all the areas). I think my skin is looking nice overall and the hyperpigmentation MIGHT have lightened slightly. I'm also currently doing it every 3 days now (bumped up from around 4 - 5 days).
kitty143
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 04, 2007 3:08 pm      Reply with quote
I have not seen any results with the Quasar. I have crowsfeet that I was hoping to see reduced.

I also saw posts in Makemeheal.com where people also said they did not see results for crowsfeet and also mentioned that some saw more wrinkles there. (It did not have that effect on me)
doba
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 04, 2007 5:13 pm      Reply with quote
kitty143 wrote:
I have not seen any results with the Quasar. I have crowsfeet that I was hoping to see reduced.

I also saw posts in Makemeheal.com where people also said they did not see results for crowsfeet and also mentioned that some saw more wrinkles there. (It did not have that effect on me)

It didn't reduce my crowsfeets, too. Sad
kitty143
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 05, 2007 1:02 am      Reply with quote
I just noticed that the vendor on Ebay is reporting all the RAVES for the Quasar-
and now includes the pointers to the initial RAVE threads on YTF, EDS and Makemeheal
as part of their marketing for the device.

I just hope people take the time to read through all the threads
(or skip to the end as well) to see that not everyone is happy, so they can make their own mind up.

I am a little uncomfortable actually to see that we have become a marketing tool.

my 2 cents. Rolling Eyes
rubby
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 05, 2007 3:10 am      Reply with quote
kitty143 wrote:
I just noticed that the vendor on Ebay is reporting all the RAVES for the Quasar-
and now includes the pointers to the initial RAVE threads on YTF, EDS and Makemeheal

I am a little uncomfortable actually to see that we have become a marketing tool.

Confused Shock Confused

la vie en rose
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 05, 2007 9:02 am      Reply with quote
kitty143 wrote:

I just hope people take the time to read through all the threads
(or skip to the end as well) to see that not everyone is happy, so they can make their own mind up.

my 2 cents. Rolling Eyes

if you do a google on several different products, this forum is frequently in the top ten (usually more than once). we are here to share our information with each other and that includes the public at large. EDS is not an exclusive club. at its base, it *is* a marketing tool.... if you're uncomfortable about people reading what you say, then best not to post.
kitty143
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 05, 2007 3:12 pm      Reply with quote
La vie en rose,

You misunderstood my concern. My concern is NOT that people read these posts. I hope they DO read the posts - ALL the posts.

My concern is that the vendor is using what we write as a marketing tool - and saying that it is a RAVE, when clearly a number of people have not gotten results and are not happy with the quasar. He points to the first post only. I think this misrepresents the full picture and it is unlikely a person will read through 47 pages on this thread. There is at least 2 other threads, including one asking questions on safety.

I think they should not use EDS at all as part of their marketing to sell more product.
There are numerous threads and concerns also being raised on the BQ,not just raves. If they want to point to their Website that is fine for testimonials.
I did not think that there was any arrangement between EDS and the vendor or for individuals on this forum and the vendor, that the material in EDS forums would be part of marketing of the BQ or for testimonial purposes.
la vie en rose
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 05, 2007 4:08 pm      Reply with quote
kitty143 wrote:
You misunderstood my concern. My concern is NOT that people read these posts. I hope they DO read the posts - ALL the posts.

it's up to the individuals interested to read all the thread. there's good as well bad here. it's called being a responsible consumer. any raves i read on a site (no matter how true they may be), i take with a grain of salt. this is not an inexpensive product. if somebody doesn't care enough to do their homework and has the cash to throw around, then so what?

i don't really want to waste any more bandwidth for people that are interested in the actual product so i'll shut my mouth now.
katee
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 06, 2007 2:40 pm      Reply with quote
The stuff that they have listed ARE raves!!! I have no problem at all with them using what I've written. If I did, I would have never posted my comments on a public board.

I think any sensible person realizes that not every device and/or every product works for everyone. And, even when something does work, it doesn't always work in the same way. If somebody takes the time and trouble to read through all of our posts, what they'll find is that people who were not happy with the BQ or the Q encountered a company that lived up to its promises.

As far as I'm concerned, you can't really ask for more.
~*Beru*~
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 08, 2007 3:43 pm      Reply with quote
wooters and hooters!!!...I just got my sp last night. I'll keep you guys posted on my results!
rubby
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 15, 2007 8:31 pm      Reply with quote
Hi everyone;

I finally received my BQ and did three consecutive days of acne treatment (based on the manual instructions).
I am not noticing much so far (not that I was expecting any changes just yet) but am curious to see what a longer term use does for me.
I'll be calling James tomorrow to get a sense where do I go from here. I am using BQ for acne, but am also interested in antiaginig protocol.
I'll keep you posted! R. Smile

rubby
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 17, 2007 6:52 am      Reply with quote
I spoke with James yesterday (we had a great long conversation), and now I have a slightly revised protocol for the next three days.

James asked me a lot of questions about how I do my routine (technique, time, order), and how my skin is responding. It seems that after the initial 3 days I got some new blackheads and I also noticed lessening of redness I always have around those lines that go from my nose to the sides of my mouth. I have not noticed any drying of my skin, so James felt comfortable recommending that I start doing 4 minutes of high pulse mode (red light) and 4 minutes of continuous wave mode (green light). I'll be doing this daily for 3 days. Then - I'll see how my skin reacts and I'll be in touch with James again.

Also, James will be working on developing a protocol for my daughter's eczema. I am waiting to receive some topicals to use on my dd's skin before we start with the light treatment.

As you can tell - James is fabulous!! Really, don't do anything without talking to him. If you are not pleased with the progress, or are seeing some negative results - talk to James. He'll be able to figure out what's going wrong and what needs to be changed.

This is all for this edition Very Happy. I'll keep you posted on my progress as I go along.

Have a great weekend everyone. R. Smile

doba
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 17, 2007 6:22 pm      Reply with quote
Rubby,
I agree that James is fabulous!!! Smile
Lisey
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 17, 2007 8:01 pm      Reply with quote
So many pages to read!
fawnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 19, 2007 5:37 pm      Reply with quote
Hi, I'm fawnie. I've finished my 3rd BQ treatment and these are my results:
-plumper more satiny skin
-smaller pores on nose
-def litening of hyperpig areas
-some lifting of upper eyelid drooping
-smoother neck and chest
-incidentally: tendinitis and arthritis pain in hands has receded with daily 12min "green" mode tx to each hand so much that I am able to cut way back on my NSAIDs! this is amazing to me!!!
If the BQ didn't do anything for my face, it would be worth the $449 for the help it is to my hands alone! I'm not shilling, honest! This is really promising! Very Happy Very Happy

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 19, 2007 10:14 pm      Reply with quote
I am enjoying my Baby Q and think I have seen improvement in skintone and a slight lightening of some spider veins I have been treating. Just wondered if anyone has treated spider or varicose veins with Baby Q and can report on their results and share their regime (eg: what setting and for how long?) I know it's not supposed to be one of the Baby Q's claims to fame, so to speak, but I definitely remember someone talking about clearing up some that had occurred as a result of maybe a tennis injury? But sorry, just haven't got time to wade back thru all the pages and find that posting ... Cheers and thanks in advance!
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 20, 2007 6:59 am      Reply with quote
I've tried it on specific veins on all 3 settings and it did not make them disappear.
You have to use either a saline solution injection or laser to completely dissolve or collapse one completely. Now having said that, I have seen it help take down the redness on a couple or "lighten" them, can't tell you how though. Confused That is just using the 3 settings and following the manual, but that does take time.

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 20, 2007 1:29 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks Annie. Yep, that's my experience too, a little bit of lightening of the redness, somehow. I did the saline injection thing about 6 months ago, but this particular batch of spider veins didn't respond well at all, and I was hoping to have to avoid getting it done again (HATE wearing those stockings for weeks!). Oh well, guess I'll just keep at it in hopes of more lightening. Cheers.
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 23, 2024 12:58 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |