Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.
 
 back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in



DeVita Under Eye Repair Serum (15 ml / 0.5 oz) BDB Best Sellers Kit (5 items) Orlane Oligo Hypoallergenique Cleanser Lotion Duo (2 items)
Baby Quasar Light Therapy

EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
Author Message
j0g6345
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 10 Feb 2007
Posts: 264
Tue Feb 20, 2007 5:18 pm      Reply with quote
Wow. This is a hot thread.

Just a thought. Since the way this device works is " it increases the rate of production of collagen", I wonder whether taking collagen supplements daily with the treatments will help. Theoritically these supplements can provide more materials for collagen generation. Has anybody tried it?

Thanks for the informatin. Smile
LizaA
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 26 Jun 2005
Posts: 360
Tue Feb 20, 2007 11:43 pm      Reply with quote
[quote][quote="tiger_tim"]fifi, on ebay it lists the shipping as being for 5lb, so that is about 2kg.

Yes, airport security will have a field day (especially as they wont know what it is). I remember when we went to New York and Yukon in December 2001 .. in our hand luggage we had a notebook PC, digital camera, and... FOUR (or maybe it was five...) cell phones (my DH works for a cell company and they were using him for on-the-ground testing of their global roaming Laughing ). Try explaining THAT to the security guys. Laughing

Oh, or the days when I used to bring back about 10lb of Dunkin Donuts vanilla bean coffee (ground) as my hand luggage.. aside from the beautiful odor in the cabin, the customs guys in Japan were always giving me the "is she smuggling cocaine" eye. Laughing[/quote][/quote]

Laughing I read that drug smugglers use ground coffee bean to mask the smell of drugs from the sniffer dogs!! NO wonder you were in trouble! Laughing
Advanced Therapeutics
Senior Member
10% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 09 Aug 2006
Posts: 92
Thu Mar 08, 2007 7:09 am      Reply with quote
rubby wrote:
Hi everyone Smile !

I finally spoke with James (he is really great) last night and I finally !!!!!!! Shock Shock !!!!! purchased the BQ Shock Shock. It took me good 3 months of reading, researching, thinking, "listening" to your conversations here, but I finally did it!

It will be 10 days before I actually receive it, but at least I placed my order.

I'm happy! R.Wink


You all are too kind. Sorry I haven't been able to contribute lately, my resources have been pulled in a million different directions since the beginning of the year.

Please know that contacting me is always open and I apologize that it may take or have taken you more than one attempt to get me personally.

If anyone is still waiting to speak with me, please send me an email or call.

I will take some time today to review a bunch of posts on the thread that I may have missed. If there are any other threads that I should be aware of, please let me know! A few people I have talked to over the last couple days informed me there were some new threads started and would like to see me pop in. Just let me know!

I see there are some PMs and I will check those now. Please remember to always back up a PM with an email or phone call as it is very difficult to keep a handle on checking PMs.

Hopefully I will contribute a few posts, comments, suggestions, etc. throughout the day.

Make It A Great Day!
James Bressi
AdvanThera
P: 800.944.1523
C: 610.999.2668
F: 610.688.8645
E: jamesbressi@AdvanThera.com
On The Web: www.AdvanThera.com
caserama
New Member

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 08 Mar 2007
Posts: 2
Thu Mar 08, 2007 12:24 pm      Reply with quote
I purchased the Baby a couple months ago and I've been happy with the results so I plan to upgrade. I've maybe used it 5-6 hours so its still in mint condition. If anyone is interested, I've put it up for auction on ebay. $400 including shipping so you'd save $70 off retail.

Unfortunately, the messageboard won't let me link to the ebay ad, but if you search for Baby Quasar it will show up.

It will come with the power adapter in its original hardshell case.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask via the messageboard.

I have 100% positive feedback if anyone is concerned.

Thanks!
alibabka
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 04 Feb 2007
Posts: 286
Thu Mar 08, 2007 1:58 pm      Reply with quote
Of course, people will be more interested in hearing what you are upgrading *TO*!!!

Do tell!
lunarmm
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 13 Aug 2006
Posts: 1417
Thu Mar 08, 2007 2:07 pm      Reply with quote
I think she means she plans to upgrade to the Quasar SP - but she would have to confirm.

I have the Quasar SP and have to say, it is a multi-use device. I pulled a muscle or something in my right arm. It's the only thing that's helped!

_________________
42yo, natural strawberry blonde so fair skin, blue-eyed, and dry skin
alibabka
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 04 Feb 2007
Posts: 286
Thu Mar 08, 2007 2:36 pm      Reply with quote
OK, I will google -- but anyone who wants to list the uses of the SP, and the cost of the SP here -- I will be interested in hearing from a real consumer.

Many thanks.

Does it really offer home-use IPL? Or is it what they call DPL, or something other?
caserama
New Member

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 08 Mar 2007
Posts: 2
Thu Mar 08, 2007 2:39 pm      Reply with quote
I'm sure it will be the SP once we get settled into our new apartment. We just need the extra cash right now to help with the move.
cedar
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 20 Jun 2006
Posts: 436
Mon Mar 19, 2007 7:20 pm      Reply with quote
This is an UPDATE from my original posts in this thread dated 1/25/07 and 1/26/07. I had returned my BQ at the end of the trial period, not having seen results, plus, I had eye pain.

First of all, let me say, DUH! DUH, cedar was not the brightest crayon in the box this time. The day after I returned my BQ, my husband mentioned that when he used to swim competitively, his eyes would often hurt after wearing the goggles. He thought the source of my eye pain was the goggles that were provided with the BQ. Being a good little girl, I wore them religiously. Laughing

Well, I thought about what hubby said, and contacted James. He found the theory really interesting. It is important to note here that I had never contacted James before, which was also a mistake. At the time, though, I reasoned, "No need to call because I can tell if it's doing anything for me, and[b] I know my eyes are hurting. That's all I need to know." Well, it does make sense.

James was entirely and genuinely accommodating and helpful from the first moment we spoke. You know, I had read the ENTIRE thread, and I knew all about Wonderful James and "just call him, he is so wonderful, etc." Honestly, I have been astounded by his warmth, genuine belief in his product, and exemplary customer service. I NEVER say this, but he feels as much like a genuine friend as a true professional. What an art! It is truly a rare occasion when a person is able to combine both qualities, and instill confidence and trust in the lucky receiver of his attention, knowledge, expertise, and warmth.

So, I trial-ed the BQ a second time, under James' close guidance. As I stated, he was more helpful, making various suggestions to my routine, asking detailed questions, than I ever would've hoped. All the time, I was honest, and this was clearly another trial period. I should mention that my second BQ arrived sans goggles. Embarassed

Bottom line: I am seeing results now and I love the BQ. And I'm keeping the Baby. Very Happy

Now, I would have to say the results are somewhat cumulative, plus, we did have to find the routine that is right and best for me. To start, perhaps our biggest challenge was the fact that I really don't have any skin issues! My complexion is nice. But, I wanted to see if we could notch up the natural inner glow. (which is not to be mistaken for shine)
Sounds like a huge order, when I stop to think about it.

Let me tell you about the nice improvements to my skin, first. It isn't an in-your-face kind of change (no pun intended). I mean, I can't say, "oh, I can't believe how much this one line that always bothered me has diminshed." Or, "my 11's are gone!" But here is something telling: Most days, I have stopped wearing foundation. And, I've reduced my products by about 66%. I just look fine going much more natural. Now, I'm 51, and I'm not gonna tell you that people are telling me I look 39. Or even 44, I suppose. Because, let's face it, we ARE a package deal. However, my skin looks bright and clear. I feel confident going out with little makeup, and that has to even improve the inner glow that much more.

I use the BQ every third night, on the red setting and then the green. I wash my face with a mild cleanser appropriate for my skin type (normal/dry/mature)(I use NaturDerm Lavender Foaming Calming Cleanser followed by Epidermx2). I make sure my face is rinsed of any residual product, and recently started applying an HA CP blend serum before the light therapy. That's my routine; the treatment takes 36 minutes. Which leads me to my favorite part of all:

My BQ time is a therapeutic ritual! I have a large master suite. I dim the lights. I turn on the relaxation music. I bring in my fitness ball and place in front of my large vanity mirror. I sit there and with the lights dimmed, I can watch where I'm placing the red light on my face. It is truly and completely a meditative experience for me. It's the pause that refreshes! This is a huge added benefit I never anticipated. I guess I kind of thought it would be a task that must be completed, and I'd just be patient and make my way through it. BUT it is so much more. It's 2 therapies in One! Ommm. Smile

I can not stress how important it is to stay in touch with James, at least until you have found the best treatment routine with his help.

I will also add that he has taken a personal interest in my eyebrows since they are so sparse since chemo. I use the BQ on red and green settings, only one cycle, each day, to my brows. That is 6 minutes total. Some days, I do forget this routine. But, I am seeing better brows, even in addition to using CareKate's Lush Lash Growth Serum a few times a week. I am thrilled! Yay brows!

Well, this is, #1, a heartfelt sincere thank you to James for sticking with me. I am not a "yes gal." I even told James from the start, "I don't play The Emperor's New Clothes." I expect a lot, and rarely does anyone exceed my desires or expectations. James did. James does. Cool

Happy ending. NO goggles for cedar!
Frodo
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 19 Nov 2006
Posts: 1283
Mon Mar 19, 2007 8:02 pm      Reply with quote
Fantastic post Cedar. I am so happy for you. Very Happy

_________________
The best way to locate your cat is to open a can of food.
katee
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 09 Jan 2005
Posts: 2093
Mon Mar 19, 2007 9:16 pm      Reply with quote
Ah Cedar that is just GREAT. And, James is absolutely a sweetheart, no question.

My BQ, and then later my Q, never came with goggles, so I've never used them.

I adore the results I get with the Q. I agree that it isn't one of those "knock you over" things. The effect is most definitely cumulative.

I've always had something of a "healthy" look. (I'm glad about it now but back in my more existential days, I would have been happier if I was pale and sickly looking Laughing ) But, since I've been using this device, I look all glowy even when I feel like crap!

And, I agree that using it is a relaxation ritual in itself. Since the treatment with the Q goes so much faster, I've been using it on the skin on my body with very nice results, too.
Pachouli
Senior Member
10% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 07 Jun 2005
Posts: 137
Tue Mar 20, 2007 1:22 am      Reply with quote
Quote:
I have a large master suite. I dim the lights. I turn on the relaxation music.

So if you romance your BQ you get better results? Wink
alibabka
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 04 Feb 2007
Posts: 286
Tue Mar 20, 2007 6:59 am      Reply with quote
Cedar, you'd never heard that expression about throwing the Baby out with the bath goggles?



(Something like that...)
doba
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 09 Feb 2006
Posts: 1204
Tue Mar 20, 2007 9:27 am      Reply with quote
I am very glad that it works for you! Smile

I agree with everything you mentioned about James!
Smile
fawnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 09 Feb 2007
Posts: 2284
Tue Mar 20, 2007 3:59 pm      Reply with quote
Oh, cedar! I'm getting such a funny visual of women all over the world sitting on exercise balls in dimly lit, fragrant suites holding LEDs to their faces in front of mirrors. Laughing The aliens would think it WAS some kind of meditation ritual! Good for you! and I will try the daily tx for my own overplucked brows! Great tip! Think it would help DH with thinning hair???
fawnie

_________________
✪ My go-to products: MyFawnie.BigCartel.com ✪
charis
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 21 Mar 2007
Posts: 426
Fri Mar 23, 2007 1:13 pm      Reply with quote
Hi! I am new here and was wondering how many of you are getting results from the BQ alone or if its also due to using Nuface. If picking only one at first, which would you pick?

Thanks!
doba
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 09 Feb 2006
Posts: 1204
Fri Mar 23, 2007 2:26 pm      Reply with quote
charis wrote:
Hi! I am new here and was wondering how many of you are getting results from the BQ alone or if its also due to using Nuface. If picking only one at first, which would you pick?

Thanks!


Nuface didn't work for me at all. Sad I had to return it. Now I am only using Quasar SP.
katee
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 09 Jan 2005
Posts: 2093
Fri Mar 23, 2007 5:56 pm      Reply with quote
No NuFace for me. Nope. Nein. Nada. Just my Quasar...

(However, if someone has a NuFace laying around that they'd like me to try, I could be persuaded Razz )
charis
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 21 Mar 2007
Posts: 426
Fri Mar 23, 2007 6:17 pm      Reply with quote
Katee, what makes you not as interested/skeptical about it?
sigma
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 26 Jan 2006
Posts: 1505
Fri Mar 23, 2007 6:22 pm      Reply with quote
Nuface did absolutely nothing for me, so I am returning it.

_________________
Early 50s, Skin: combin.,semi-sensitive, fair with occasional breakouts, some old acne scars, freckles, under-eye wrinkles; Redhead with hazel eyes
fawnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 09 Feb 2007
Posts: 2284
Fri Mar 23, 2007 6:27 pm      Reply with quote
I've only tried the BabyQ, not the Nuface. My new rule is: Only one expensive face toy per year! fawnie

_________________
✪ My go-to products: MyFawnie.BigCartel.com ✪
charis
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 21 Mar 2007
Posts: 426
Fri Mar 23, 2007 7:48 pm      Reply with quote
I agree, I can only buy one expensive one also! That's why I'm trying to choose carefully! The baby q sounded perfect but then I was getting worried that some of the results people were getting may have been from people using both baby q and Nuface and then it may be difficult to know which product gives the results you are getting.

Also from reading other threads it seems some of the people who were getting results are using a lot of different products.

I just want to spend $ wisely!
katee
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 09 Jan 2005
Posts: 2093
Fri Mar 23, 2007 8:12 pm      Reply with quote
charis wrote:
Katee, what makes you not as interested/skeptical about it?


Actually, I'm not skeptical about it at all. I think it's a pretty interesting device. But, I'm happy enough with the results from the combined effect of my overall skincare regimen and the Quasar to be able to resist buying one.

Before the BQ/Q I had a Dermal Tone. I got results from it, but I really didn't enjoy using it. Out it went.
canadagal
Senior Member
10% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 19 Jan 2006
Posts: 157
Fri Mar 30, 2007 9:56 pm      Reply with quote
cedar wrote:
This is an UPDATE from my original posts in this thread dated 1/25/07 and 1/26/07. I had returned my BQ at the end of the trial period, not having seen results, plus, I had eye pain.

First of all, let me say, DUH! DUH, cedar was not the brightest crayon in the box this time. The day after I returned my BQ, my husband mentioned that when he used to swim competitively, his eyes would often hurt after wearing the goggles. He thought the source of my eye pain was the goggles that were provided with the BQ. Being a good little girl, I wore them religiously. Laughing

Well, I thought about what hubby said, and contacted James. He found the theory really interesting. It is important to note here that I had never contacted James before, which was also a mistake. At the time, though, I reasoned, "No need to call because I can tell if it's doing anything for me, and[b] I know my eyes are hurting. That's all I need to know." Well, it does make sense.

James was entirely and genuinely accommodating and helpful from the first moment we spoke. You know, I had read the ENTIRE thread, and I knew all about Wonderful James and "just call him, he is so wonderful, etc." Honestly, I have been astounded by his warmth, genuine belief in his product, and exemplary customer service. I NEVER say this, but he feels as much like a genuine friend as a true professional. What an art! It is truly a rare occasion when a person is able to combine both qualities, and instill confidence and trust in the lucky receiver of his attention, knowledge, expertise, and warmth.

So, I trial-ed the BQ a second time, under James' close guidance. As I stated, he was more helpful, making various suggestions to my routine, asking detailed questions, than I ever would've hoped. All the time, I was honest, and this was clearly another trial period. I should mention that my second BQ arrived sans goggles. Embarassed

Bottom line: I am seeing results now and I love the BQ. And I'm keeping the Baby. Very Happy

Now, I would have to say the results are somewhat cumulative, plus, we did have to find the routine that is right and best for me. To start, perhaps our biggest challenge was the fact that I really don't have any skin issues! My complexion is nice. But, I wanted to see if we could notch up the natural inner glow. (which is not to be mistaken for shine)
Sounds like a huge order, when I stop to think about it.

Let me tell you about the nice improvements to my skin, first. It isn't an in-your-face kind of change (no pun intended). I mean, I can't say, "oh, I can't believe how much this one line that always bothered me has diminshed." Or, "my 11's are gone!" But here is something telling: Most days, I have stopped wearing foundation. And, I've reduced my products by about 66%. I just look fine going much more natural. Now, I'm 51, and I'm not gonna tell you that people are telling me I look 39. Or even 44, I suppose. Because, let's face it, we ARE a package deal. However, my skin looks bright and clear. I feel confident going out with little makeup, and that has to even improve the inner glow that much more.

I use the BQ every third night, on the red setting and then the green. I wash my face with a mild cleanser appropriate for my skin type (normal/dry/mature)(I use NaturDerm Lavender Foaming Calming Cleanser followed by Epidermx2). I make sure my face is rinsed of any residual product, and recently started applying an HA CP blend serum before the light therapy. That's my routine; the treatment takes 36 minutes. Which leads me to my favorite part of all:

My BQ time is a therapeutic ritual! I have a large master suite. I dim the lights. I turn on the relaxation music. I bring in my fitness ball and place in front of my large vanity mirror. I sit there and with the lights dimmed, I can watch where I'm placing the red light on my face. It is truly and completely a meditative experience for me. It's the pause that refreshes! This is a huge added benefit I never anticipated. I guess I kind of thought it would be a task that must be completed, and I'd just be patient and make my way through it. BUT it is so much more. It's 2 therapies in One! Ommm. Smile

I can not stress how important it is to stay in touch with James, at least until you have found the best treatment routine with his help.

I will also add that he has taken a personal interest in my eyebrows since they are so sparse since chemo. I use the BQ on red and green settings, only one cycle, each day, to my brows. That is 6 minutes total. Some days, I do forget this routine. But, I am seeing better brows, even in addition to using CareKate's Lush Lash Growth Serum a few times a week. I am thrilled! Yay brows!

Well, this is, #1, a heartfelt sincere thank you to James for sticking with me. I am not a "yes gal." I even told James from the start, "I don't play The Emperor's New Clothes." I expect a lot, and rarely does anyone exceed my desires or expectations. James did. James does. Cool

Happy ending. NO goggles for cedar!



You use it on red and green settings? I thought you were suppose to use it on orange first where the LED light flashes, then on red where the LED is a solid light? Have I been using my BQ wrong?
rubby
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 20 Jun 2006
Posts: 656
Sat Mar 31, 2007 10:01 pm      Reply with quote
canadagal wrote:

You use it on red and green settings? I thought you were suppose to use it on orange first where the LED light flashes, then on red where the LED is a solid light? Have I been using my BQ wrong?


You use it as you describe only for the first week or so. Later, you move onto more serious stuff (red + green light).

I used the orange (2 min per section) and red (2 min per section) only for the first week. After that James suggested I move onto the stronger stuff - red (4 min's/section) and green (4 min's/section).
If I were you - I would talk to James. (Although I think he's been away over the last week or so, as he hasn't responded to any of my e-mails in over a week.)
Talk to James CG. He'll know best what regimen would be best for your needs.
Rubby Smile

_________________
44, oily T-zone, acne prone (PCOS) ~ Baby Q & Tanda (blue light) ~ Karin Herzog (Oxy Face, Vita-A-Kombi 2, Vitamin H, Eye cream) ~ PSF (Cramberry Eye Gel) ~ Pearl/Silk powder primer and mist ~ L2K ~ MMU
System
Automatic Message
Thu Oct 19, 2017 4:57 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic



DeVita Under Eye Repair Serum (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Tanda ZAP - White B Kamins Nia-Stem Kx Starter Kit (4 items)