Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
Baby Quasar Light Therapy
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
fawnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 16, 2007 7:19 pm      Reply with quote
Lily: you can make that a resounding "YES" from me. I bought mine 6 mo ago, in Feb 07. Very happy with it. Would def buy again.
Somewhere in all the material about it, prob on the AdvThera website, I read that the LED bulbs should last about 11 years. You can check with the reps at ADVThera, but that's a pretty good long time IMO.

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 16, 2007 7:55 pm      Reply with quote
Bazaar about stimulating hair growth/rejuvenating hair with LED.[quote]

Ohhhh is that why I am growing a moustache Laughing
Lily38
5% products discount

Fri Aug 17, 2007 1:52 pm      Reply with quote
Did the bq help tighten your skin in the sense that it looked lifted like around sides of mouth? what about for neck have you tried it there for the annoying bands?

thanks Smile

5% products discount

Fri Aug 17, 2007 3:06 pm      Reply with quote
Any before and after pics after using the bq device? Razz

5% products discount

Fri Aug 17, 2007 4:03 pm      Reply with quote
I was so happy after reading all the good reviews on bq and now come to find out sp quasar is ever better.

Ladies please enlighten me is the sp quasar really better then the bq?

and how much taken out of credit card every month?

Confused

Fri Aug 17, 2007 5:39 pm      Reply with quote
I'm new to owning the Q-SP and using it both. Just got it for three things. My face of course that's the smiley part. The scalp where I've had psorasis since age 10.....and itty small no seeum tags on my tummy and lower neck. Has anyone used it for any of these things? Has anyone used it to boost their immune system and lymph system? Cellulite falls into that category! Any insight & help would be most welcome.
Thanx, thanx and more thanx.... Laughing

5% products discount

Fri Aug 17, 2007 6:01 pm      Reply with quote
19. Can the bq be used on scalp?

5% products discount

Fri Aug 17, 2007 9:08 pm      Reply with quote
getting with the bq and his 11s?

thanks

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 20, 2007 3:02 pm      Reply with quote
Lily38 wrote:
19. Can the bq be used on scalp?

I read in this thread that the Q is known to stimulate hair growth. I can't confirm this as I have never used the Q for this reason. Perhaps I will have DH try it on his hairline. Rolling Eyes

As I am getting older I realize my biggest beauty secret is smile more and frown less. Be aware that wrinkles do not make a person unattractive. Cynicism, unforgiveness, anger and jealousy are the real culprits. Sixty something Smile
Andee

Fri Aug 24, 2007 1:08 pm      Reply with quote
*post removed/promoting own product*
Diana P
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 24, 2007 1:42 pm      Reply with quote
That's great info Andee, thanks. Of all these products you have tested, would you recommend any of them for hyperpigmantation on the face?
Andee

Fri Aug 24, 2007 1:59 pm      Reply with quote
*post removed/self promoting Tanda*
Diana P
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 24, 2007 2:30 pm      Reply with quote
Andee wrote:
Hyperpigmentation is a hard one...
as the units use non-UV light they traditionally do not have any effect on pigmentation of the skin. They will deminish redness and even out skin tone... personally I know the Tanda does this.
You may need to ask your Derm what to do here as I think the only option is Laser treatments that actually remove that layer of skin and your body rebuilts the skin layer.
J

Thanks Andee, you saved me alot of research time. Smile

I don't have a derm, nor do I have access to one. I'm just starting to notice some darker areas on my cheeks, possibly caused by my latest pregnancy Confused . They aren't that bad and are easily covered with foundation, so maybe I will just start by trying a lightening serum with hydroquinone.
mariepop
5% products discount

Wed Aug 29, 2007 9:00 am      Reply with quote
I've just looked at thread 27 and see Cesce's pictures (she looks great) but this is 10 months ago! I'm gessing how much improvement now! I hope Cesce will see my post, it will be so kind of you Cesce to post your "new" face!

Just got my quasar last Thursday and did 3 times, it seems my pores are getting tighter.
I'm not using anything else with it. When I will see a good difference, I will certainly post my face before & after.
stovetop
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 29, 2007 5:21 pm      Reply with quote
Andee - I am considering purchasing the Tanda - was your redness rosacea? I understand the Tanda must be used daily - how long did it take before you saw any results?
Andee

Thu Aug 30, 2007 7:53 am      Reply with quote
*post deleted/self promotion*
havana8

Thu Aug 30, 2007 9:18 am      Reply with quote
Leslie Sinning wrote:
I'm new to owning the Q-SP and using it both. Just got it for three things. My face of course that's the smiley part. The scalp where I've had psorasis since age 10.....and itty small no seeum tags on my tummy and lower neck. Has anyone used it for any of these things? Has anyone used it to boost their immune system and lymph system? Cellulite falls into that category! Any insight & help would be most welcome.

Leslie, I remember reading somewhere in one of the huge long BQ/SP threads that it can be used for psoriasis/excema on the scalp. I've personally used it for excema although not on the scalp and found it really did/does seem to help. I'm not sure about the other stuff you mentioned, though.
havana8

Thu Aug 30, 2007 9:19 am      Reply with quote
Leslie Sinning wrote:

No wonder I remembered the reference as I asked about it! Laughing Oakview posted about it on page 8 of the SP thread:

Here is the info I got from James when I asked about hair. I ended up not purchasing the SP and I haven't tried it with the Baby.

For a "hair routine", you should use the Continuous Wave mode - 1st setting - Green Indicator
Identify how much area you want to cover. Break it out into sections.
Use a comb to part & move hair.
Treat each section for approximately 2-4 minutes.

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=18685&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=scalp+quasar&start=175

Coincidentally, there's also a small comment from Advan at the top of the same page about the quasar + cellulite...
Winnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 31, 2007 8:30 am      Reply with quote
Nice article regarding Baby Q and Quasar SP:

http://www.advanthera.com/SciFiSkinCare.pdf

As I am getting older I realize my biggest beauty secret is smile more and frown less. Be aware that wrinkles do not make a person unattractive. Cynicism, unforgiveness, anger and jealousy are the real culprits. Sixty something Smile
Racecargirl
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 31, 2007 10:16 am      Reply with quote
That was a good article. Thank you for posting it. Very Happy I got my Quasar SP yesterday so I can't wait to try it this weekend. I noticed that it mentioned that the Q-SP can be drying. Since I have dry skin, I'm going to try the Q-SP before I send the Baby Q back. I just need to make sure I don't have any problems.

Early 50s, blonde hair (natural) with red streaks (mid-life crisis), blue eyes, fair skin, small pores, very dry skin, some pigmentation (thanks to growing up in Miami), starting to see fine lines. Love my NuFace and Quasar SP and the CPs and Retin A are working as well.
Winnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 02, 2007 10:11 am      Reply with quote
Racecargirl wrote:
That was a good article. Thank you for posting it. Very Happy I got my Quasar SP yesterday so I can't wait to try it this weekend. I noticed that it mentioned that the Q-SP can be drying. Since I have dry skin, I'm going to try the Q-SP before I send the Baby Q back. I just need to make sure I don't have any problems.

You must remember the SP is larger and more powerful. It will take much less time to do your treatments. If you follow the directions you should be fine. I am considering upgrading to the SP. Think

Winnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 07, 2007 8:30 am      Reply with quote
Well ladies I now have the Quasar SP. Shock I know, I said I would stick the the BQ. I have been wanting to compare the two units for a long time. To date I have used the SP twice. This is what I have found:

*Treatment time is less then half

*The glass over the bulbs makes it glide better

*Much easier to do neck, declotte and other
parts of body.

*After treatment I see more results then with the BQ (plumper and firmer).

I loved the way my face looked after using the BQ and even more after using the SP. After reading the directions I have decided to do the aggressive treatment:

Quote:
Aggressive Treatment: Perform the treatments on the high or continuous wave settings. Begin with daily treatments for three or four days and then treat every third day for the first two weeks. Then move to weekly treatments as you see the results you seek. You may treat the shoulders, chest, arms, and back as well.

Will keep you informed with my opinion and results from the Quasar SP.

mariepop
5% products discount

Fri Sep 07, 2007 10:29 am      Reply with quote
WOW Winnie! You can already see results only after 2 treatments with your SP! I'm at my 6 treatments with my SP, I don't see anything yet. I did my neck twice by avoiding my thyroid as it is not recommended to do but my throat got very dry after and my tonsils were a bit swelled for few days. So I stopped doing my neck for the next 2 treatments and did once again and my throat felt the same. Am I the only one who have those reactions?
Winnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 07, 2007 12:35 pm      Reply with quote
mariepop wrote:
WOW Winnie! You can already see results only after 2 treatments with your SP! I'm at my 6 treatments with my SP, I don't see anything yet. I did my neck twice by avoiding my thyroid as it is not recommended to do but my throat got very dry after and my tonsils were a bit swelled for few days. So I stopped doing my neck for the next 2 treatments and did once again and my throat felt the same. Am I the only one who have those reactions?

I have had the Baby Quasar for close to one year. My skin is very use to this type treatment. Do you mind telling me how you use the SP, you skin type and if you are using product while doing treatments.

You should call Advanced Thereputics so they can set up a treatment plan designed just for you. James was always so helpful. Now I find Alex to be the same. Good luck.

mariepop
5% products discount

Fri Sep 07, 2007 3:41 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks Winnie for your advice. I'm sure I'm using my SP as mentioned but if in few more treatments I don't see any differences I will certainly get in touch with Alex. I did not want to use the hyarluronic acid product that comes with because it contains paraben but the last 2 treatments I have started to use it to see if I will get some results. I've read about Paraben was found at very high percentage in women's breast with cancer. Is this one of the cause of cancer among many other things, perhaps...who knows...?
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:44 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |