Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
Baby Quasar Light Therapy
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
Winnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 07, 2007 5:34 pm      Reply with quote
mariepop wrote:
Thanks Winnie for your advice. I'm sure I'm using my SP as mentioned but if in few more treatments I don't see any differences I will certainly get in touch with Alex. I did not want to use the hyarluronic acid product that comes with because it contains paraben but the last 2 treatments I have started to use it to see if I will get some results. I've read about Paraben was found at very high percentage in women's breast with cancer. Is this one of the cause of cancer among many other things, perhaps...who knows...?

I used the HA/Copper Serum that came with the unit last night prior to treatment. Parabens don't concern me. If using such products worry you there are several companies that sell Paraben free skin care.

I do hope that you work things out with the SP. If you still are having problems AT is a great company to deal with.

As I am getting older I realize my biggest beauty secret is smile more and frown less. Be aware that wrinkles do not make a person unattractive. Cynicism, unforgiveness, anger and jealousy are the real culprits. Sixty something Smile
mariepop
5% products discount

Fri Sep 07, 2007 8:49 pm      Reply with quote
I know, I spoke with Alex when I ordered my unit and he is very accommodating and nice too!
I forgot to tell you Winnie my face will be oily especially if I eat cheese, dry in Winter, and today with the humidity level so high that we are having here in the Province of Quebec, (yes I'm French, forgive my spelling or the way I express myself Laughing ) my face is very oily. Last Winter I got Emu oil for my dry spots but made me some white pimples so I'm sticking with Jamieson vitamin E Hydrating day cream 2000 IU which is rich but I only use it at night and at least I don't get pimples and it seems to be chemical free. All this to tell you my skin is mixed!

I can't see the HA/copper in AT webpages, but when my bottle will be empty I will get in touch with AT and ask for the list of the ingredients in HA/copper. Maybe you can tell me? I only saw on AT webpages: Aloe Vera Gel, Hyperpigmentation cream and Hyaluronic Acid serum.
canadagal
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 08, 2007 10:23 am      Reply with quote
I have a few questions, is the BQ similar to DPL and IPL?

also what are the emails or web site for James and Alex?

I bought my BQ a while back and but havent touched it all summer. Now I want to get back into a routine with it but do not know where to begin.
Winnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 08, 2007 10:41 am      Reply with quote
canadagal wrote:
I have a few questions, is the BQ similar to DPL and IPL?

also what are the emails or web site for James and Alex?

I bought my BQ a while back and but havent touched it all summer. Now I want to get back into a routine with it but do not know where to begin.

Here is the website. You should be able to get the information you looking for there:

http://www.advanthera.com/Light-Therapy-Photo-Rejuvenation-Home-Consumer-Professional-Devices-Solutions.html

As I am getting older I realize my biggest beauty secret is smile more and frown less. Be aware that wrinkles do not make a person unattractive. Cynicism, unforgiveness, anger and jealousy are the real culprits. Sixty something Smile
mariepop
5% products discount

Sat Sep 08, 2007 12:54 pm      Reply with quote
canadaga I found 2 websites, maybe this will help. The I in IPL stands for intense, and probably more expensive! My sister went to see her derm and it was $200 for 10 minutes. She had rosecia and it took 5 or 6 treatments before she saw improvement but she is very pleased of the result and no wrinkles (a bonus!)

http://www.best-antiaging-solution.com/anti-aging-red-light-therapy.html

http://www.smartskincare.com/treatments/noninvasive/nonablativelaserlight_intense_pulsed_light.html

Winnie I looked at my invoice and it's written Copper Peptide CO-Q10 Gel with 10 % Hualuronic Acid 30ml so we have the same product Laughing
Winnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 08, 2007 3:55 pm      Reply with quote
mariepop wrote:
canadaga I found 2 websites, maybe this will help. The I in IPL stands for intense, and probably more expensive! My sister went to see her derm and it was $200 for 10 minutes. She had rosecia and it took 5 or 6 treatments before she saw improvement but she is very pleased of the result and no wrinkles (a bonus!)

http://www.best-antiaging-solution.com/anti-aging-red-light-therapy.html

http://www.smartskincare.com/treatments/noninvasive/nonablativelaserlight_intense_pulsed_light.html

Winnie I looked at my invoice and it's written Copper Peptide CO-Q10 Gel with 10 % Hualuronic Acid 30ml so we have the same product Laughing

Yes, that is the same serum I have. It is quite nice.

Your are absolutely right about IPL. Several years ago I had IPL on my face for broken capillaries. I had several treatments. IPL can be somewhat painful. It feels like someone is snapping a rubber band on your face. After treatment I was happy as the capillaries were gone. The past year they are showing up again. The BQ helped diminish the appearance. Hoping the SP will do an even better job.

fawnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 09, 2007 5:48 pm      Reply with quote
Diana P wrote:
Andee wrote:
Hyperpigmentation is a hard one...
as the units use non-UV light they traditionally do not have any effect on pigmentation of the skin. They will deminish redness and even out skin tone... personally I know the Tanda does this.
You may need to ask your Derm what to do here as I think the only option is Laser treatments that actually remove that layer of skin and your body rebuilts the skin layer.
J

Thanks Andee, you saved me alot of research time. Smile

I don't have a derm, nor do I have access to one. I'm just starting to notice some darker areas on my cheeks, possibly caused by my latest pregnancy Confused . They aren't that bad and are easily covered with foundation, so maybe I will just start by trying a lightening serum with hydroquinone.

Uh, DianaP, you might want to check with your primary doctor then, if you don't have a derm, about the hydroquinone. There is some discussion about carcinogenesis with it. Tri-luma is something that is safer and is available by prescription.
HTH
fawnie.

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 10, 2007 8:59 am      Reply with quote
Winnie wrote:
Racecargirl wrote:
That was a good article. Thank you for posting it. Very Happy I got my Quasar SP yesterday so I can't wait to try it this weekend. I noticed that it mentioned that the Q-SP can be drying. Since I have dry skin, I'm going to try the Q-SP before I send the Baby Q back. I just need to make sure I don't have any problems.

You must remember the SP is larger and more powerful. It will take much less time to do your treatments. If you follow the directions you should be fine. I am considering upgrading to the SP. Think

This was the main reason for upgrading...the less time it takes to do a treatment as I don't have that much time on my hands. I have used the SP over the weekend and love it. I'm glad I made the jump to the SP.

Early 50s, blonde hair (natural) with red streaks (mid-life crisis), blue eyes, fair skin, small pores, very dry skin, some pigmentation (thanks to growing up in Miami), starting to see fine lines. Love my NuFace and Quasar SP and the CPs and Retin A are working as well.
Winnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 10, 2007 9:36 am      Reply with quote
I found it hard to do the neck and declotte with the Baby Q so gave up the attempt. It is so easy to treat these two important areas with the SP. If AdvanThera did not have a 60 day money back guarantee I doubt I would have considered trying it.

Just in case you did not see this:

Quote:
Unheard of Warranty & Satisfaction Policy
AdvanThera offers a 60 Day Money Back Guarantee, because we don’t just claim results, integrity, reliability, and simplicity, we commit to it.

gailbaby
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 15, 2007 4:24 pm      Reply with quote
Hi everybody! I've been following your forum for a few months now and thought I would jump in and ask a question. I read all the reviews on the Baby Q and the SP. It sounds to good to be true. Has anyone tried the Quasar Max? It is supposed to be great for cellulite and for pain. I have a hip joint that keeps acting up and it would be awesome to be able to do all the treatments with one tool. Thanks. Smile
diaan46
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 17, 2007 7:39 am      Reply with quote
Hello all,

Is infrared the same as the leds of the device here(Quasar)..........because infrared device,s ar in the netherlands cheap.Only the sold them for pain and muscles ??

http://www.consumer.philips.com/consumer/nl/nl/consumer/cc/_productid_HP3621_01_NL_CONSUMER/Verzachting-van-spierpijn-met-infrarood+HP3621?proxybuster=FQ2ZTTZUY0PNZJ0RMRCSHQNHKFSESI5P

Diaan
Yubs
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 18, 2007 8:07 am      Reply with quote
Well I finally have time to post after spending an exhausting weekend integrating a new dog into my pack (or pride, depends on who you ask because I’m sure the cats think it’s a pride since they outnumber the dogs 2-1).

All I could say after taking my SP out of the box was "Oh HELL YEAH!!!" Very Happy My skin care diva heart was set all a-flutter in the way I’m sure the guy from Tool Time’s heart would skip a few beats when he got a bigger jigsaw. Or something like that. Wink

Anyways, after actually using the SP my enthusiasm is increased, if possible. Like many others here I’m lucky enough to have seen instantaneous results when I used the Baby with hyaluronic acid, and these results are even better with the SP. And the greatest thing about it is that it does take less time to use...or you can divide your face (and neck and décolletage) into the same sections as you would with the Baby and give yourself a more intense treatment.

Incidentally, I stepped on a dog toy and twisted my ankle on Saturday, and while it turned out to be not all that bad I went “down” for a good 10 minutes when I did it, and it was quite sore for the rest of the day. I didn’t have time to stop and do the Quasar right then but I did that night. I did 4 minutes of CW. While that helped some, the next night I did 10 minutes of intensive therapy (holding the Quasar in one spot for a couple minutes at a time instead of moving it slowly around), and that helped A LOT. It was pretty amazing. I didn’t have any more pain after that. The ankle’s still a little sensitive when I move it this way or that, but unless I torque it it doesn’t hurt. The thing is that I’ve twisted my ankle similarly in the past, and it always took me at least a week after the twist to get to this point.

So that’s my rave for the SP. It’s pricey but I don’t think I’ll ever regret buying it, and if you can spare the bucks I HIGHLY recommend it. IMO it’s a great investment your looks and your health. As is the Baby...but isn't bigger always better? Wink

I will also be trying it out for hair loss and will report on that intermittently, as things happen (or not).
Winnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 18, 2007 9:19 am      Reply with quote
Excellent review Yubs. After my ankle surgery I had the Baby Q. I can't begin to tell you how much it help me with pain management. The BQ is awesome but the SP is a powerhouse. IMO anyone who is considering the Q should start with the BQ. Advanced Thera, to date, has allowed people to upgrade without spending extra money. Excellent company to deal with.

mountaingirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 22, 2007 6:27 pm      Reply with quote
Winnie...why do you think one should start on the BQ first rather than go for the SP? I wasn't going to waste time or $ doing that, I was just going to go all the way off the bat. Also....I do have a concern about the impact on "fillers." I have silicone 1000 in my lips but no other fillers. The reason I have it is not to enhance my lip size, but rather to minimize the appearance of my (old) smokers lines. I am hoping the SP will help with this but don't necessarily want to lose the lip volume either.
Winnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 22, 2007 7:19 pm      Reply with quote
mountaingirl wrote:
Winnie...why do you think one should start on the BQ first rather than go for the SP? I wasn't going to waste time or $ doing that, I was just going to go all the way off the bat. Also....I do have a concern about the impact on "fillers." I have silicone 1000 in my lips but no other fillers. The reason I have it is not to enhance my lip size, but rather to minimize the appearance of my (old) smokers lines. I am hoping the SP will help with this but don't necessarily want to lose the lip volume either.

I say to start off using the BQ as the price is so much lower than the SP. For some it could be best to see if light therapy is for them. Being familiar with Advanced Therapeutics for close to a year I am pretty confident you could trade in the BQ and upgrade to the SP. Best you discuss trade in with them first. Things can change and I don't want to speak for AT. If you want to go right for the "Big Boy" you really have nothing to lose as the company has a generous trial period.

Sorry, I can't help you with the use of these devices if you have fillers. I suggest that you call the company and discuss with them first.

AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 23, 2007 8:27 am      Reply with quote
I echo Winnie on the fillers dilemma. My own personal advice/experience is not directly on the are with the fillers, at least in the very beginning. Once I have had the filler in for several months and it has "taken" so to speak, I have not had a problem.

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 25, 2007 2:47 pm      Reply with quote
Can anyone tell me how LightStim compares to the Tanda and Baby Quasar. They claim it has more LEDs than BQ. 72 LEDs while BQ has 24. I can't decide which one to buy.
Thanks a lot
Bellezza
diaan46
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 26, 2007 2:21 am      Reply with quote
The DPL have:

154 infrared LEDs,(880nm)
20 red LEDs(660nm)

engineered to produce 4 joules of energy per cm2.
Winnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 26, 2007 6:49 am      Reply with quote
Bellezza wrote:
Can anyone tell me how LightStim compares to the Tanda and Baby Quasar. They claim it has more LEDs than BQ. 72 LEDs while BQ has 24. I can't decide which one to buy.
Thanks a lot
Bellezza

I know nothing about the LightStim or Tanda. As far as LED's /Jouls I get totally confused. All I know is I have been happy with the BQ and SP. I am going to try to get Advanced Thera to gives us the specs of the BQ and SP in laymans terms. All this LED and Jouls makes my head spin, Laughing

Advanced Therapeutics
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 26, 2007 9:04 am      Reply with quote
Hello ladies,

I would like to clarify a few questions from recent posts:

Winnie wrote:
Being familiar with Advanced Therapeutics for close to a year I am pretty confident you could trade in the BQ and upgrade to the SP. Best you discuss trade in with them first. Things can change and I don't want to speak for AT. If you want to go right for the "Big Boy" you really have nothing to lose as the company has a generous trial period.

Winnie, you’re correct. We will allow anyone to upgrade, within a reasonable time, at full credit.

mountaingirl wrote:
Also....I do have a concern about the impact on "fillers." I have silicone 1000 in my lips but no other fillers. The reason I have it is not to enhance my lip size, but rather to minimize the appearance of my (old) smokers lines. I am hoping the SP will help with this but don't necessarily want to lose the lip volume either.

Mountiangirl, there have only been a handful of reports to this effect. Avoid areas which you’ve recently had fillers. It is my understanding that you will be fine once they have set. This usually takes around 10 or so days. Please consult your dermatologist/physician to determine how long you should wait.

Make it a Great Day!
Alex Webster
Quasar Light Therapy
t: (800)944-1523
e: alex@advanthera.com
w:www.AdvanThera.com
Bellezza
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 27, 2007 6:48 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you Winnie, for your reply. It's too bad EDS no longer sells Tanda. What I really want is the BQ. Right now I can't spend that kind of money. I'll wait till I can get a deal on ebay...
LizaA
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 02, 2007 8:09 pm      Reply with quote
I know this has been done to death but I received my Baby Quasar today but it seems that not al the bulbs light up. The brightest light is in the second row from right but my far left and far right row of light bulbs don't seem to light up. IS this normal or is it faulty?
Winnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 03, 2007 6:45 am      Reply with quote
LizaA wrote:
I know this has been done to death but I received my Baby Quasar today but it seems that not al the bulbs light up. The brightest light is in the second row from right but my far left and far right row of light bulbs don't seem to light up. IS this normal or is it faulty?

I was concerned when I first got my BQ also. You can't see illumination from all the lights but they are silently working. HTH's

LizaA
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 04, 2007 6:20 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks Winnie! Phew! So glad that it's not faulty, you've saved me a whole lot of hassles on exchange! Smile
alyssia95

Sat Oct 20, 2007 10:47 pm      Reply with quote
I am confused?? which is better for photorejuvenation machine...

Wed Apr 24, 2024 12:52 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |