Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
Baby Quasar Light Therapy
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
katee
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 24, 2006 2:09 pm      Reply with quote
Hi there "I'm Kiki"

You're quite right - the highest setting is divided into 4 minute cycles. I do 4 minutes per section, but I've divided my face a bit differently than the product manual defines. In the end, it probably ends up being the same.

Occasionally, when I have extra time, I also treat certain area with the pulsing light - I do it because I recall reading that some things respond better to a pulsing light wave than they do to a continuous one.

I know that Alex, and the manual, have advised people to use it every other day. But, when I spoke to my dermatologist, she said that she thought it was perfectly fine to use it daily. She said she might feel differently if I were using the professional Quasar, which is twice as powerful....

Whatever you ultimately decide, keep in mind that I have thick, resilient, oily skin. Someone with skin that is thin and/or dry, might find that they really do do better with treatment on alternate days.

Hope that helps!
scalawaggirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 24, 2006 2:17 pm      Reply with quote
Katee, my skin is like yours so I'm going to try out a 2 day on/1 day off routine to move things along more.

So far, I haven't noticed any ill effects at all. Quick question for you, I noticed you mentioned you were going to use it for spider veins. Are you using the green light for this or one of the others? Also, which conditions were you referring to that respond better to the flashing light?

Thanks! Off to do a treatment.
I'm Kiki
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 24, 2006 2:24 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you Katee.. I appreciiate your time to answer my questions..

My husband does have oily skin, but who knows if it's thick.. I kinda think it has to be thickish... It doesn't look at all, in any way, 'see thru' to me, like some peoples, soooo...

I have oilyish skinn too, so I may try doing it daily for a little bit, to see if I can jump start more, then go to the every other day.. I just did my 2nd treatment today.. Not being the most patient person in the world, more is better, right...LOL I'm not in bad shape at all, IMO, but I need some help in places... I'm especially anxious to see if it helps a 'spot' I have on my hand..

Thanks again!

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 25, 2006 6:55 am      Reply with quote
When I tried it every day on the green setting, it seemed make my skin drier. To be honest, the most NOTICABLE difference is around the eyes and also skin smoothness. It de-puffs the eyes and makes them more open. Same for hubby, although he claims a slight redness reduction or calming of the rosacea. He also thinks it made a vein more slightly reduced, but I can't really tell (if he's happy, then so am I) As far as red spots, caps,pore/wrinkle reduction and firming, I have not seen anything like that just YET. Just smoother skin overall. I am only on my 7th treatment with the Baby Q, with a week off in Vegas (which killed my skin), but I've done 5-6 professional IPL's and spot laser treatments. I'm still hopeful that after all my gallons of water a day to catch up for last week and a slower approach this time, the results will pick up. When I started it the first time, it was after my mechanical exfoliation facial and hydrating masks on really clean skin, so that could have also made a difference. I need to learn PATIENCE. Laughing

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 25, 2006 2:30 pm      Reply with quote
I will say I did notice a bigger difference on todays pass. After my last post this morning, I did the full treatment on all 3 settings and I did notice more plumping and redness reduction than at my last treatment 2 days ago. I think getting my skin rehydrated is really helping the overall result. I will keep updating as I progress. How's everyone else doing?

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 25, 2006 5:09 pm      Reply with quote
Katee, thanks so much for clueing us all in. I know what I want for my birthday or Christmas!!
skin adict2
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 25, 2006 10:15 pm      Reply with quote
Question for any of the others that use the BQ: do all the lights ever come on? I just noticed that on all the settings (red, green, orange) that only the oval of center lights come on (2nd and 4th row and 2 on top and bottom). Seems odd to have all the other lights and they don't come on. I'm wondering if mine's defective because it also intermittently shuts off for no reason at different times. I've emailed Peter, but just wanted everyone's opinion.

Thanks!
fenn
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 26, 2006 4:59 am      Reply with quote
Keep up with the updates everyone! Smile I've just ordered one and should be receiving it middle of next week. The reviews seem just a little mixed right now but I couldn't help myself and when it comes to anything that claims to rejuvenate the skin, resistance is futile! Thanks for all the detailed reviews so far. Smile

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 26, 2006 5:21 am      Reply with quote
skin adict2, I haven't looked to see what lights come on, BUT, I did notice, on 2 different occasions, that mine shut off on it's own as well.. I forgot to PM Alex and ask about that.. Please post what you hear about that..

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 26, 2006 7:50 am      Reply with quote
I haven't noticed the shutoff yet. You are right though about not all of the lights are lit. I put this thing on a cyst I had forming (have not had one in years) last night and it went back down by morning. Probably wouln't have been there at all today if I hadn't tried to squeeze it. Decided after that dumb move to try the light therapy and it helped.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 26, 2006 8:03 am      Reply with quote
You're right Annie - using the continuous wave green light does result in some drying. However, I found that if I rewet my face afterwards and then proceeded with my normal skincare routine, my skin plumped right up.

I'm not certain, but I think my skin may also be a bit less oily since I've been using the device... For me, that's good news, especially during the summer months!
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 26, 2006 8:11 am      Reply with quote
It does make all the products sink in better too.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 26, 2006 8:23 am      Reply with quote
My lights are not all visible either, although it is my understanding that they are on, you just can't see that wavelength of light with the naked eye. I haven't had mine shut off on it's own, and have used it for an average of 30 minutes at a time. When you notice it shutting off, how long usually have you been using it for? I'm wondering if it just gets to a certain point where it heats up too much and shuts itself off to keep it from over heating. Mine is always very cold when I first start and then very warm when I finish, so I figure that might be the reason.

I'm doing my 7th, 8th? treatment today. Good grief I've lost count. I'm going to try a red light sweep first then followed by a green light sweep and see how that goes. I think the orange is the mildest setting so I'm going to probably skip that one from now on. Unless there's a reason I should be using it???
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 26, 2006 10:18 am      Reply with quote
I think I understood that different people's skin respond better or worse to some wavelengths. I have found for me the best results are following the protocol because just the green is too drying for my dehydrated skin right now. It just takes a lot of time to do all three light settings. After my use this morning I can definately see some plumping and firming. I just wish my red spots would fade faster. Crying or Very sad

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 26, 2006 10:31 am      Reply with quote
I can't remember if mine shut off twice the same treatment, or if it was 2 different treatments.. I 'think' both the same one.. Anyway, it shut off during or right after the 2nd area, when dividing the face into 3 sections.. It hasn't done it since, but I also haven't used it that way since the first time. Guess maybe I better try it that way to see if it's something with that light setting...

I did my 3rd, CW green this morning {3rd day in a row of that} I don't feel my face being any drier so far... But I do notice that my products sink in WAY faster!

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 26, 2006 7:19 pm      Reply with quote
Hello all

I did my first treatment last night, following the prescribed protocol. My skin looked nice this morning, smooth, plump, firm and "glowy."

Now for the bad news: I think that the flashing red light triggered one heck of migraine. I've had it all day and it just keeps getting worse. I've had problems in the past with flickering/flashing lights causing migraines.

How do the rest of you deal with getting the light shined in your eyes? I tried wearing the little goggles, but I still felt like the light was getting in my eyes.
cc428
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 26, 2006 8:11 pm      Reply with quote
Hi guys and girls,
My main issue is enalrged pores and i just want firmer skin, would this baby Q be better for me or something like NuFace?? Rolling Eyes
scalawaggirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 26, 2006 8:20 pm      Reply with quote
Poco, just make sure to close the eye it's near as you're using it. That's what I do. Also, once you get accustomed to using the device, you'll be able to move it around while keeping your eyes closed (both). I do this when working in the area between my brows.

I understand the flashing lights triggering migraines for you. The first time I used it, I wasn't as careful and the next morning when I woke up, my eye was swollen and totally bloodshot!
I'm Kiki
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 26, 2006 10:25 pm      Reply with quote
Whoaaaaa, reading your post Poco, I made a connection.. The day I got mine, I did my 1st treatment at 10:00 PM.. The next day I had a headache from you know where.. It took all day, 2 doses of aspirin and a nap to finally feel better by mid to late night.. Now I wonder if it was the flashing red light that caused it.. I haven't had any kind of a headache since starting to use just the CW green... I wanna know, but I don't think I want to test the theory, right now anyway...LOL But strobe lights used to do that to me, sooooo....

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 27, 2006 7:39 am      Reply with quote
Please, I cannot stress enough, do not shine the light into your eyes. This will not damage your eyes, as the light is non-intrusive, yet flashing light has been known to cause headaches if applied directly into the eye. While applying a treatment around the eye region you may see a faint glow through the skin. That is OK. If anybody has any specific questions please PM me.

Thank you,

Alex
Advanced Therapeutics

I'm Kiki wrote:
Whoaaaaa, reading your post Poco, I made a connection.. The day I got mine, I did my 1st treatment at 10:00 PM.. The next day I had a headache from you know where.. It took all day, 2 doses of aspirin and a nap to finally feel better by mid to late night.. Now I wonder if it was the flashing red light that caused it.. I haven't had any kind of a headache since starting to use just the CW green... I wanna know, but I don't think I want to test the theory, right now anyway...LOL But strobe lights used to do that to me, sooooo....
I'm Kiki
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 27, 2006 8:12 am      Reply with quote
I don't and never have shined the light, in or over my eyes... In fact I was very careful NOT to get it to close to my eye bulb... I don't do that with any light, and even give Drs a go around when they try to.. {I like shiney/sparkly things, NOT bright lights...LOL} That's why I couldn't say if all my lights lit up, no way was I looking at it, even thru the goggles...

But your post is another good reinforcement of the warning Alex...

It sure hasn't stopped me from using it.. In fact I'm getting ready to do another treatment right now... Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 27, 2006 9:01 am      Reply with quote
I only apply the light around the orbitol bone area with the eye being tightly shut. I haven't had the migraine experiences, sorry Poco. After my 9th treatment I def. notice a bigger difference in my product absorbtion, firmness, clarity and tone. I am also seeing some fine line reduction, but plumbing the skin helps reduce lines as well. Getting my skin rehydrated after Vegas was a big key to seeing better results. I think drinking lots of water would be a positive addition to anyone's routine. My overall experience has been very happy so far. Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 27, 2006 9:04 am      Reply with quote
Just wanted to add that I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this little device. In conjunction with my new skin care regime, I'm looking fabulous!

My new test is to also use this on my few, scattered spider veins on my legs/ankles. I have taken before pictures (today) but am already noticing improvement. Smile
PocoLoco
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 27, 2006 11:38 am      Reply with quote
Well, it's interesting to see that a couple of other folks have had issues with the light. When I used it, I did try to keep my eyes closed and I never placed the unit directly over my eye. But I wasn't careful enough...especially while moving the device around the curves of the face...cheekbones, nose, etc. When it's not flush to the face, the light shines outward (obviously).

The next time I use it I'm going to put one of those bean bag thingys over my eyes--the kind they give you at the estheticians' or massage therapists' office.
MelissaMarie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 27, 2006 1:14 pm      Reply with quote
I am a huge migraine suffer, and have had zip zero nada headaches from using this, I do this around my orbital bone and never has the light shone in my eyes, I do keep it turned a bit and let it hug my skin as I move it from spot to spot. I also suffer from optical migraines (lucky me huh) and this machine has not produced those either.
System
Automatic Message
Sat Apr 20, 2024 1:13 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |