Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Baby Quasar Light Therapy
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
salster68
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 02, 2006 12:55 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you ladies for your support. Everyone here is just so brilliant. Its like having a whole new set of friends Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 02, 2006 2:10 pm      Reply with quote
Wow! I'm astounded! I can't believe that they had the nerve to do that! I think they're messing with the wrong person!! Katee's the last person on the forum I'd make false allegations about!!

You're right, though, fifi, it does just prove that they have an inferior product. If their product could compete with the BQ, they could come on and offer some type of trial deal.

I can't wait till I can get one!
fifi
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 02, 2006 2:40 pm      Reply with quote
If I lived in the States, I'd have ordered one already!
fenn
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 03, 2006 7:52 am      Reply with quote
fifi, I live in singapore and actually ordered two units, one for my aunt and one for myself without hesitation.
And although there were some shipping issues, they have been settled (still awaiting the arrival of the 2nd unit) and am pleased with the speedy shipping. I don't think you'll have a problem with the baby quasar arriving safe and sound.

I'm now just waiting for the internation power supply so that I can start having beautiful skin. Wink

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 03, 2006 9:18 am      Reply with quote
Well Katee, what a snappy and well-worded response you wrote. Succinct and to the point. I bet you're a great attorney! Very Happy
fenn
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 04, 2006 9:01 am      Reply with quote
Finally! I've just received the right adaptor for my unit and finally have the chance to try it out despite being to touch it and look at it for the past 3 days. Smile I was wondering though, only 10 of the bulbs on my unit are lighted up and they get really warm after only a few minutes. Please tell me thats normal. I read that most of you feel nothing while using it even for a whole 30 minutes but mine actually very warm on the skin. And I haven't even gone to the red light yet! Everything's fine right? Confused

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 04, 2006 11:53 am      Reply with quote
I've been out of town and get back and all I can say is WOW!! Unbelievable. Like we could not figure out what company legaladv works for. I wouldn't order from them for all the money in the world. Katee, you give 'em hell!

5% products discount

Mon Sep 04, 2006 1:56 pm      Reply with quote
fenn, my unit also gets warm during the course of a treatment. I think that is normal. Also, about the bulbs that aren't lit, I read somewhere that the naked eye can not see infrared light which is what some of the bulbs emit. I am still trying to figure out how you found out some of your bulbs were not lit. It is so bright, how could you stand to look at it straight on ?!? Shock
skin adict2
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 04, 2006 9:45 pm      Reply with quote
How insecure must a company be to post something threatening like that to katee on a message board? Can you imagine if every skincare company that we give a bad review to did the same? Total insanity. Tell me which 7-11 and I'll meet you there and the slurpees are on me!
lonevoice
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 05, 2006 1:18 am      Reply with quote
Daaayum. That post from legaladv is hysterical. I hope the admins don't delete it, because the name of the company responsible for it is painfully obvious and they deserve the exposure.

katee, that was a very cool smackdown.
montrealgal
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 05, 2006 11:59 am      Reply with quote
I had never heard of that company before but now I won't forget it. What a stupid thing for them to try to intimidate Katee, Sally, or anyone else who has an opinion to share about their products or customer service.

Whoever said there's no such thing as bad publicity got it wrong!

On to more important matters...

Is anyone using the BQ on hyperpigmentation? What kind of results are you getting?

Thanks,
Montrealgal
lonevoice
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 05, 2006 1:08 pm      Reply with quote
montrealgal wrote:
Is anyone using the BQ on hyperpigmentation? What kind of results are you getting?

Hi, montrealgal. Hyperpigmentation is one of my issues I'm hoping the BQ will improve. As of tomorrow, I will have done 8 BQ treatments over a 2 week period using the protocol in the manual.

I can't say definitively that there's any fading of hyperpigmentation for me. It's possible there's a minimal bit of fading on a couple of spots, but I'm not positive at this point if it's my imagination or not.
katee
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 05, 2006 4:51 pm      Reply with quote
OOOOOOooooooo slurpees !!! Laughing...

I knew from the start that the members of this board were way too smart NOT to know where legaladv was from. Nevertheless, I appreciate all the support. You gals rock !!!
MelissaMarie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 05, 2006 9:16 pm      Reply with quote
Well Katee,

now that we know ur the "mole" for numerous skincare lines.....whats the next big thing we'll need Laughing !!! I want to be able to order in advance, before the mad rush!!! Ok I know I said I'd get back on using this thing, but really life has been truely insane, I do so vow to get back to this by end of week. I have not been lazy due to lack of this thing working, it does!!!! In fact so well, I can justify waiting till end of week Wink .....
Jeffer
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 05, 2006 11:28 pm      Reply with quote
Its hard fishing through so many pages of comments, questions, and results to find what i was looking for, but from the few pages i saw there was mainly a consensus on short term restults? Is this true or did i happen to come across the few that hadnt seen any lasting restults yet.

Work for a male?
Ninetynine
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 06, 2006 12:06 am      Reply with quote
Jeffer

I think Katee mentioned that she had long term results after using the BQ for a period of time.

May be Katee can confirm this.
montrealgal
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 06, 2006 2:08 am      Reply with quote
lonevoice wrote:
Hi, montrealgal. Hyperpigmentation is one of my issues I'm hoping the BQ will improve. As of tomorrow, I will have done 8 BQ treatments over a 2 week period using the protocol in the manual.

I can't say definitively that there's any fading of hyperpigmentation for me. It's possible there's a minimal bit of fading on a couple of spots, but I'm not positive at this point if it's my imagination or not.

Hi, Lonevoice. Thanks for your feedback. I know what you mean about it being hard to know for sure Smile If you (or anyone else) have more to report on BQ's effect on hyperpigmentation, I would appreciate hearing it. It's my main skin problem Sad

I'll keep my fingers crossed for you (uh, for us!)!
salster68
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 06, 2006 5:55 am      Reply with quote
Hi everyone

Just thought id let you know Ive ordered my Baby Quaser today from Alex. Not sure how long it will take to be delivered to the Uk but hopes its quick Very Happy I know im going to be so impatient to start using this.

What creams or serums should I be using whilst doing this treatment? Are there anyones that will help more?

Many thanks

Sally

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 06, 2006 7:03 am      Reply with quote
Hi lonevoice and montrealgal - I'm also concerned about freckles, as well as any lifting effect (jawline could use a bit of tightening), so like Jeffer, I'm trying to wade through all of these pages for posts about actual results! I hope now that many of the BQ users have had theirs for a few weeks, we'll start hearing more feedback about what exactly it's doing or not doing.

katee has said she uses hers regularly to maintain results and get even more improvement. I'm inclined to think that if someone doesn't use it all that often, any change in their skin condition may likely be the result of something else.
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 06, 2006 7:17 am      Reply with quote
I follow the every other day protocol now. The results do last longer the more you use it. The baby Q has done remarkably well on fading red spots and lifting. But you have to use it a lot at first to start seeing lasting and more telltale results. My hubby uses it every once in a while for undereye bags/circles and such and it works, but only for a day or so on the circles. He does not use it religously. Patience is definately a virtue on this. I do not use any serums, tried the aloe but really didn't see any differance for the extra work, maybe less drying. I haven't changed my products at all, been on IS Clinical for over a year and a half, so it is not the product chaning my skin. But it will make them penetrate better and your skin smoother. I have had many professional IPL's so I know the differance.

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 06, 2006 12:36 pm      Reply with quote
Interesting, how long have you been using it now AnnieR?

My concern is permanent effects i guess. I dont really want to buy something that I must use every day or every other day forever. Perhaps a breif beggining treatment for a few mos of vigorous use then upkeep treatments every few weeks thereafter?
MACrisis
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 06, 2006 1:47 pm      Reply with quote
I’ve been thinking of What’s Temporary and What’s Permanent for sometime now. Surgical face lift, Permanent Eyeliner, Liposuction……. These are permanent because the results last years. Makeup and some temporary lifting products are temporary because the effect is gone after you wash them off.

How about Vit-C, Vit-A, ……., and Facial Exercise? The result is accumulative BUT if you stop using them for a while the result is GONE. Do we consider these Temporary or Permanent? Quasar or any other non-surgical, treatment is the same. To me, this is good enough. Taking care of your body and FACE is a life long journey. There’s no quick fix. You need to put in your time and effort to maintenance what you have. Just like you built a successful business but you still need to work hard to keep it up. You can not say “I don’t want to work hard for the rest of my life to maintenance my business.” You can take few weeks off BUT you need to work hard most of the time.

One of my friends told me, “MAC, if you exercise regularly then once you stopped you’ll gain so much weight. That’s why I don’t do any exercise.” The first part was true but the 2nd part was the most ridiculous thing I’ve ever heard. Exercise regularly and watch your diet make you healthy. Stopping exercise and eat junky food make you unhealthy. As simple as that.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 06, 2006 2:42 pm      Reply with quote
Excellant take on the temp or perm thing, Macrisis. Even if I do botox, resty, Ipl's they are a temp fix at best. I had Ipl's every 6 mos. and I get very similar results w/ the baby, but I have to do several treatments to their one. On the plus side of the Baby Q, I don't get the swelling and downtime, extreme bruising and blood vessel bursting, etc and can't leave the house for 7-8 days. On the downside of the baby Q, the redness reduction isn't as extreme or immediately noticable, but that's it. On the even points, both have given me smoother skin, better clarity, less redness and spot fading. Neither have down much for pore reduction, but an IPL doesn't either. For me it's a clear choice.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 06, 2006 4:05 pm      Reply with quote
MACrisis - by your definition, I don't think anything short of amputation is PERMANENT!!! Liposuction is certainly NOT permanent. If you get it done, and then proceed to pig out, your body will definitely find a way to store fat. In fact, any honest lipo practitioner will tell you that.

Even something as extreme as a surgical facelift isn't permanent. It doesn't stop your skin from aging, and if you don't take care of your skin, with or without a facelift, you'll suffer the consequences.

I think it's better to look at things from the standpoint of long term vs. short term effect. And, beyond that, there are things like cosmetics that have no actual effect but simply camoflage or accentuate some existing physical attribute.

There are products and treatments that provide temporary firming, plumping, moisturizing, mattefying, etc. And, I'm in no way dissing them. But, there are other products and treatments that actually alter the composition and/or structure of your skin, your muscles, etc. If something builds collagen, or rebuilds the skin barrier, it isn't going to wash off. I think its analagous to eating a nutritious diet. If you provide a child with a healthy, adequate diet, the child will thrive (unless there is some intervening disorder). Put the same kid on a concentration camp diet, and he or she will suffer wasting. Sure, the healthier kid will last longer, but ultimately, the deprivation will have the same effect.

I've always been a complete exercise freak. I've never done it to lose weight. I enjoy physical activity and I always seem to have excess energy that just needs to be burned off (alot of sex helps Wink ). I also eat like a family of four. Waiters are always telling me that I "may have misunderstood" the menu when I order...laughing. My bf just shakes his head and says, "ohhhhh she understands it perfectly!"
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 06, 2006 4:15 pm      Reply with quote
Well Katee, face amputation would solve my obsession with antiaging products (and maybe save my hubby some money) Nah, I would just project it on some other body part! Laughing
I am an excercise nut, too. I do a body sculpt class I can't live w/o and if I miss it, I don't feel like myself. People may think I do it for the great results, but the real secret is so that I can drink an occasional margarita w/o guilt! Laughing

Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:46 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |