Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
Baby Quasar Light Therapy
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
MelissaMarie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 15, 2006 3:28 pm      Reply with quote
bravo Cesce for being brave and I agree with Annie, I'd never guess ur age!!!
Cesce
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 15, 2006 4:45 pm      Reply with quote
AnnieR
Both those pics are before pics. The nasolabial lines that you can see in the first one are because I'm half-smiling. I'll post some after pics in a couple of weeks when, hopefully, some benficial effect will be seen. I only posted the made-up one because I wanted people to see that I could look half reasonable. If I just posted the 'naked' one, they might think I looked like that all the time!
Cesce
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 15, 2006 5:18 pm      Reply with quote
Forgot to say thank you to Annie and Melissa for the compliments regarding my age. Thank you! I have to say that I feel I'm doing quite well for wrinkles - it's the sagging that gets to me...
maria51va
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 15, 2006 6:42 pm      Reply with quote
Cesce,
I thank you for sharing your photos & I think you look amazing for 52-I'd have said maybe 40 yrs old! I'm am in the middle of my Gentle Waves treatments - the "mamma" of the baby Q-the $1000, once a week, mamma. I am very pleased with my results (sorry, didn't think to take photos)-but once this series is over, I will be purchasing the baby-and doing this on my own.
BTW, I am almost 55 & also very fairskinned & freckly-my skintone has evened out greatly since I started Gentle Waves.
Maria
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 15, 2006 8:01 pm      Reply with quote
BTW Cesce-I forgot to say thank you for posting your pics. I meant to do it and never got around to it-went on vaction and forgot. Bless your heart for putting yourself out there and being our experiment. My hubby said to tell you also, he had mentioned that I should have done it but I just kept putting it off. You look great whether it works or not!! Gorgeous coloring and eyes. Hope you enjoy it. Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 15, 2006 8:13 pm      Reply with quote
Oh, and I should also mention Cesce, the sagging along my jaw line is my faux pas also. I've had some minor results on that and I obsess way too much. I do use it on my jaw line and neck and chest. The honest opinion is that I think this little baby is more for maintenance rather than fixing the problem in general. If I had had the Fraxel previously or an s-lift, I think this coud help keep it in line and maintain the results. My opinion in general is that it will not fix sagging muscles or lift back up skin that had already stretched out, but that is just my honest opinion. If anyone has results that contradict that then PLEASE prove me wrong as I am a huge fan of the Baby Q but also a realist and will not mislead anyone as to what this baby will do or shall I say, has done for me. And anyone is always welcome to ask me and I shall answer as honestly as I can. And again I say, everybody's skin is differant. That way people will not be misled or buy for the wrong reasons. But I still have HOPE that the sag will lift!!!! Laughing

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 16, 2006 2:33 am      Reply with quote
Cesce, you look terrific already! I'm 40 and would put you at the same age as me if you didn't tell us differently - actually I think my dark circles make me look older!!
FoxyMama1
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 16, 2006 1:56 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks Cesce for being so brave - you look amazing! I received my BQ on Wednesday and did too sessions - what it has done for me so far is make my skin feel like butter. I can't stop feeling my skin when in the shower...LOL.

Good luck with the BQ and looking forward to seeing after photos.

Sat Sep 16, 2006 7:42 pm      Reply with quote
I received my BQ too. And will post my result 2 weeks later.

BTW, do you wear a google? Their website says no google is needed, but their user manual requires it.

And how do u clean the LED?
MarciaNZ
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 16, 2006 8:31 pm      Reply with quote
Hi
the raves for BQ are amazing. Where can i purchase one???
Smile
misszirz

Mon Sep 18, 2006 8:01 am      Reply with quote
Took me 2 days to figure why I couldn't activate my registration, the email went to bulk mail.

I'm new here, really intrigued with baby quasar. Budget too tight, so I bought other item on ebay, made in China. Called Color Ray
avs 246. Found it under Acne Treatment lamp blue/red wrinkle therapy.
Instructions were unclear, looked like the translation to English a little rough.

Tried to paste picture of my new device, but can't figure out how to include with this post.

Has anyone ever heard of this ?I have it and have used it barely.
I still plan to get bq, but desparate to start something. Have some pigment issues, I'm 42,
Dark circles. Major frown lines.
Appreciate info I've learned just by reading. Love this board!!
[/url]
Jeffer
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 19, 2006 5:05 pm      Reply with quote
im gettin so damn irritated im about to go buy one now without doing any research, i have just been no busy i havent had the time

but i have never had so much frustration with my skin and had it in such poor shape

pray it works and if it doesnt

burn myself to alleviate anymore worries 8--)
m.april
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 19, 2006 7:53 pm      Reply with quote
Funny you say that Jeffer, since I'm leaning the other way at this point! So far except for AnnieR and katee, I don't recall anyone else saying the BQ has worked wonders -- most of the posts have been people remarking that they finally decided to purchase one! I'm still going to wait for more feedback -- with so many purchasers, there's bound to be more comments eventually.

And if people have given up because they haven't noticed much difference for their expense and effort -- after all, one must commit pretty much time to use it as directed, as opposed to slapping on some kind of topical treatment -- I hope they tell us. That's what I value so much about this forum!
Ninetynine
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 19, 2006 8:03 pm      Reply with quote
I agree with m.april. I'm sitting on the fence about buying the BQ until I hear some positive feedback from other users.

I'm afraid that it will be a white elephant for me if it needs daily dedicated use to achieve positive results.

Cesce, you look amazing.

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 19, 2006 9:12 pm      Reply with quote
This is a great thread. Cesce,you look great and you're so brave. I am so anxious to see how this "test" works out for you.

I too am still on the fence, think I'll stay here a while longer though.
Blacklace
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 20, 2006 1:36 am      Reply with quote
Hi everyone,

I followed this thread and was tempted with the BQ but would appreciate some more feedback in some more weeks from the gals who took the plunge and got one.

I will have to ship it in and go through the whole customs hassle so keep us in the loop as to how trials are working out...I think my mom might appreciate it as a xmas present...
MelissaMarie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 20, 2006 12:41 pm      Reply with quote
I havent given further feedback, but have explained, its because life has interferred with having the time to do this consistently. I can say, my earlier results have stayed, my skin is firmer, my brows still higher. I am using this about 2x's a week, rather than every other day (strictly due to time). All that said, I think its a 6 month out thing to see the true, long term benefits. With items like thermage, ect...they continue to work for months after you have the treatment, I def believe this is the same (meaning results continue from ur first use, as the insides repair themselves). I don't have huge issues with any type of lines other than around lips, and those are greatly improved and remain so. My skincare products also seem to be more effective. I hope that helps with some feedback, but true feedback from me will be months away, when I can tell all if this works as its suppose to (it is not ment to be an overnight miracle, it takes time, months in fact for long term results).
Chocolat
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 20, 2006 2:15 pm      Reply with quote
Wow, just joined this forum and here's a topic I actually have experience in.
I got my BQ about 18 months ago, mainly to try and improve the appearance, color and texture of two radiation burns, using the Source Naturals HA Serum that comes with it. I also started using it on my face although, I really can't say I noticed much at the time and I ev eventually became overly sensitived to that particular HA serum. The burns did have some color and texture improvement around the margins, but because I had to ask my husband to hold the light on the one my back I gradually quit using it (tho he was more than willing to do that for me!)

I've just started using it regularly again over the past two weeks or so, on my face, and neck, and knees--for tendinitis. Nightly for knees and every-other-night on face/neck. The BQ can also be used for wound healing, new or old, on the high frequency setting for 20-30 minutes. I think that's in the instruction booklet. I've had tendinitis since May and I can say that the BQ has definitely helped; no more nightly aching and discomfort, and less stiffness in the morning. I'm also taking MSM and glucosamine/chondroitin, so maybe it's a combination of them all that's helped.

I'm planning to resume it on the burned areas and be more diligent.
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 20, 2006 6:03 pm      Reply with quote
Chocolat-Welcome and thanks for joining us. Hope you find some other useful topics and keep us updated on your Baby Q progress. Laughing

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 21, 2006 1:11 pm      Reply with quote
they just raised the price. Crying or Very sad
power1080
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 21, 2006 1:13 pm      Reply with quote
they just raised the price. Crying or Very sad
MelissaMarie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 21, 2006 2:29 pm      Reply with quote
well damn thats kinda horrible, I just checked they went up $50.00. After all the sales, just this site alone has generated, wow, certainly they were already making enough money. Maybe Alex can chime in and explain. I get the make money while you can, but that seems a wee bit greedy.
Jeffer
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 21, 2006 3:07 pm      Reply with quote
yea i saw it for 349 2 days ago, but i am still awaiting a response from Alex. I sent him some questions about 3 days ago and have yet to recieve a response
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 21, 2006 3:44 pm      Reply with quote
It does take dedication. I use it every other 2-3 days. I think it helps maintain my postitive results from my product usage (IS Clinical) and the fact that I have had quite a few IPL's and am just looking to maintain. Somedays I don't see anything at all, some days my face looks plumper. I do have good eye lift and good clarity from it. My fine lines are still the same and my rosacea is tamer. It does help heal spots like bites or a pimple faster. I not sure how/if it has relaxed my botox or restylane yet, but the results that normally last me a while have diminished quicker. I wish Alex would answ. that question. If it does not replace those maintenance luxuries as in terms of results and makes the results not last as long, I won't use it, period. I know it's an expensive item and I would want anyone who buys it to be happy with their own results. Anyone else have botox that uses this?

5% products discount

Thu Sep 21, 2006 5:19 pm      Reply with quote
I've been reading this thread for some time and the interaction between cosmetic injections (such as Botox and Restylene) and the BQ occurred to me as well.

That's something pretty important that should be addressd! Perhaps there's a down time, eg don't use BQ for a week either side of a visit to the cosmetic doctor?
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:32 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |