Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Baby Quasar Light Therapy
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
hanzawasama
5% products discount

Mon Dec 04, 2006 7:16 pm      Reply with quote
as for acne: my daughter's is mild, i guess, in that she doesn't have any cysts or many whiteheads, just red bumps. However, she does have quite a few red bumps on her forhead, increasing with her monthly cycle. She has thick, oily skin,that is much more pigmented than mine. I find that two weekly session on the Green setting, about 30 seconds on each problem area, greatly reduses the number of bumps, and the redness. Results were good with out any other acne treatment, but I have since started to put an asprin mask on her once a week, and the combo works fantasticly.

As for sunscreen: EVERYDAY OBSESSIVELY! plus sun avoidance as possible ( I did live in hawaii for 18 years) ans still my face is sun-damage city! Sad

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 04, 2006 7:23 pm      Reply with quote
***BUYER BEWARE***

It was brought to my attention this evening that there are possible "spoof" emails being sent to those who have bid on AdvanThera products on eBay.

Call us if an email or person other than the below contacts you:
info@AdvanThera.com
alex@AdvanThera.com
neurowebby@gmail.com
jamesbressi@AdvanThera.com

We do not believe we or our customers are being targeted, and this is most-likely an isolated incident.

Remember, please contact us ANYTIME.

BTW, thanks to all of you who have contacted me (some new & some familiar). It is so fun speaking and writing with you!

Cheers!
James Bressi
loopylori
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 04, 2006 10:56 pm      Reply with quote
James,
Thanks for the warning. I am extra cautious anyway, since my friend had her account hijacked.Luckily we discovered it before any damage was done.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 05, 2006 2:34 am      Reply with quote
Advanced Therapeutics wrote:
On the note of sun, sun damage, and being careful, I have a questions for YOU - ladies of EDS & the Baby Quasar Froum Smile

How many of the Baby Q users out there are using a good sunscreen on a daily basis?

oops! i forgot to answer this before.... i believe most of us are pretty obsessive about using sunscreen here. we may not have been good in our youth (raising my hand here), but most of us put it on now, rain or shine. it seems pretty silly to spend so much $$$ on devices and skincare products to reverse the damage and then not put on products to protect it and the headway we're making on fixing it....
Nzgrrl
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 05, 2006 4:36 am      Reply with quote
RE: Sunscreen use. See my post above about the UV camera experience. Shock Pretty much right after that (about 14 years ago), I got a LOT more diligent about skincare...
Nzgrrl
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 05, 2006 4:38 am      Reply with quote
Oops, typo. Meant "more diligent about sunscreen".
Winnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 05, 2006 7:27 am      Reply with quote
I am thrilled with my Baby Q.

My daughter has been using it daily for two weeks for her adult acne. Her acne is 50% cleared up. Very Happy

My special needs Scottie, Maggie over did it a few weeks ago. She was holding up her paw for two days. I gave her a 10 minute treatment on the continuous setting and she started putting weight on her paw. She is fine.

The Baby has totally taken away my Carpal Tunnel pain. Having this condition and then using crutches was a nighmare. I use the BQ on my hands daily.

I just had my cast removed from my foot. Now I am in a walking cast but still on crutches. My foot is very swollen and looks like a road map with 100 stitches. I talked with James in length yesterday before starting BQ on my foot. I gave myself my first treatment last night. The swelling seems down some today. I will update you as the weeks go by.

As far as my face. The BQ plumps it up nicely. The most noticeable results on me are: the lip area and eyes (my brows look higher). I attribute this to tightening on the forehead giving a slight brow lift.

The Q is for far more then the face. If I knew how great it was I would have tried to save up for the larger unit.
Nzgrrl
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 05, 2006 11:21 am      Reply with quote
Wow, Winnie, that is fantastic! When I started reading this forum, I was selfishly only thinking of my own needs, but now I have learned that it might do so much more than that, and help the rest of my family too. That's a double bonus.

It sounds like the it's already paid for itself for your family. Here's hoping it helps speed your recovery from the surgery as quickly as it helped your pup and daughter..

(Now I wish we had an over-energetic pet to strengthen my "case" to DH even more Smile )
But you know what, I am going to order it anyway! The Baby Q sounds so great. Would only be better if it did the housework Laughing
Nzgrrl
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 05, 2006 11:23 am      Reply with quote
PS Winnie: Maybe the bigger one actually does!! Very Happy
4thin02
5% products discount

Tue Dec 05, 2006 1:32 pm      Reply with quote
I've been using it for my tennis elbow about every four days or so. I have seen a slow but sure difference. Winnie, did James tell you to use it daily? How long do you keep in on each spot for your carple tunnel syndrome?
I set it on continuous mode and hold it on each area for four minutes.
Blessings!
Mary
Advanced Therapeutics
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 05, 2006 3:02 pm      Reply with quote
4thin02 wrote:
I've been using it for my tennis elbow about every four days or so. I have seen a slow but sure difference. Winnie, did James tell you to use it daily? How long do you keep in on each spot for your carple tunnel syndrome?
Blessings!
Mary

For pain, you may want to step up your usage from every four days to every other day, or possibly every day.

The best thing about this light is you can find what works best for you.

My mother who has been in agony with her knee uses a Quasar SP (daily at first), and it has successfully stopped her from taking up to 6 pain killers a day! Now, it can only do so much. She is still having other issues with her knee, but no longer having to take those "liver killing" pills makes her feel a great deal better.

As always, call me if you need anything, have questions, etc. 24/7

James Bressi
AdvanThera
P: 800.944.1523
C: 610.999.2668
E: jamesbressi@AdvanThera.com
On The Web:www.AdvanThera.com
Winnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 05, 2006 3:40 pm      Reply with quote
4thin02 wrote:
Blessings!
Mary

Mary,

I had been using it everyday for my Carpal Tunnel. Also I use the continuous mode for 4 mins. on each spot. Now that my hand is not bothering me I use it every three days. I plan to use it daily on my screaming foot. Bad Grin Hope I have been of some help.
la vie en rose
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 05, 2006 4:02 pm      Reply with quote
Mary -- i agree. try using it nightly. i have been and plan to continue until i am pain free.... also, i've found i get better results sometimes using the red light (the third click). i'm not sure why, but it sometimes seems to penetrate better -- so i alternate nights.

Winnie -- keep it up! it is especially helpful (if *very* sensitive) on the surgical site. i still jump every now and again as i'm going over mine, but i can't complain. it's just bringing back nerves i thought may have been damaged from the surgery. sick, isn't it? i can do a happy dance about something that causes me pain?!? Bad Grin it means i'm healing! love my baby Q
kyplantjunkie
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 06, 2006 10:15 am      Reply with quote
Hi everyone- since I spend part of each day reading posts from all of you; which have been so helpful giving me direction on my 49.999 yr old skin care, I thought I'd give some feedback. I started on a regime of Obagi in August in preperation for a series of Fotofacials- 1 plain, then 3 with Levulan. Researching obagi, and skin care in general, I fortunately stumbled upon EDS- good thing, since I had no clue on how to start turning around many, many years of sun damage and minimal care. As many of you know, this site can be addictive, AND expensive ( for those of us with less than stellar self-control). So far I've bought a baby Q (love it), tca cross materials ( for after the levulan treatments), and now the NuFace. I seem to be late on the bandwagon though-EDS just sent me an email, and they are temporarily out- although they expect more in the next few days. By the time I had talked myself into JM eyelash, it was no where to be found; so, I'm waiting for my order of Ardell to come in-I'll post on that after a few weeks.
Rolling Eyes So, what was my input? Tend to ramble, I know. My first levulan was a joke- no burn, no peel, nothing. The second, they left the levulan on for 60 minutes, followed by 2 "passes" with the FotoFcial. I was pretty red and tingling the first night. By the next day, just a bit red. I used the Baby Q to speed healing ( I had emailed back and forth with James at Adv. Ther. first), and my skin was back to normal within 24 hrs. Not only that, but the zits that were trying to pop up, went right back down. It seems any of these procedures, Fotofacials, microderm. all trigger a few nasty zits--now I know how to handle them.
Baby Q is also fading the remnants of an ugly age spot on my hand- I got most of it off with wart remover. Oh yeah, in between all this, I'm starting, SLOWLY, to introduce CP's and emu into the show. Thank you to all for the fantastic information, which I read each morning while using the baby q!
Robin
ljung
5% products discount

Fri Dec 08, 2006 2:58 pm      Reply with quote
Nzgrrl, you could always ship it to yourself from the US. You could probably still save a lot on shipping and avoid the whole security line thing. I don't think checking it would be a bad idea except that if it were lost, I doubt it would be covered.

Oh, and funny some of you talk about needing to hide the BQ... My husband made so much fun of me for using this weird thing on my face, and then the other night I was working on my computer, and I heard a beep. I thought to myself, "That's funny. That sounds like the BQ." I kept working, and I heard it again. I walked out of the bedroom and downstairs was my husband in front of the TV using my BQ. I nearly fell down the stairs laughing!! Then just two days ago I was sound asleep and was awakened at 6:30am to the sound of the Clarisonic!! I think I'm warping my family!
ejthomas
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 08, 2006 10:26 pm      Reply with quote
Hi all,
I'm in Australia and have a few questions:
* can the Baby Quasar be used with Australian electrical outlets, or does it need some sort of converter?
* from the photo, seems there are some associated gels or something that need to be used with it - can these products be purchased locally / generically?
Hoping someone can help, please?
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 09, 2006 12:44 am      Reply with quote
I'm in Australia and have a few questions:
* can the Baby Quasar be used with Australian electrical outlets, or does it need some sort of converter?
* from the photo, seems there are some associated gels or something that need to be used with it - can these products be purchased locally / generically?[/quote]
[/quote]

I've ordered the Baby Quasar and just asked them to supply it with an Australian adaptor/plug. They said it was no problem. Not so sure about getting the face products in Oz but I ordered some Hyaluronic Acid fromwww.dianayvonne.com - It worked out to be AUD$36 inluding potage.
loopylori
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 09, 2006 1:22 am      Reply with quote
hi Keliu,
The power supply that comes with it converts the power to 12v. The lovely Guys sent me a UK power supply. I would email the company direct & ask them. They really are helpful.

I am no expert but I am using my own HA & I think Katee & probably others are using their own versions, so I don't think you need the exact gel. It might be worth asking Alex at the same time you ask about the plug.

Lori

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 10, 2006 1:46 pm      Reply with quote
Keliu wrote:
* from the photo, seems there are some associated gels or something that need to be used with it - can these products be purchased locally / generically?

I use the BQ on a bare face and then follow it with my normal skincare serums etc, and am loving the results. I don't think you really need to go out of your way to get additional products if you're already happy with the ones you use anyway.
katee
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 10, 2006 3:16 pm      Reply with quote
I agree completely! I get my best results when I use the BQ on clean skin.

And, Winnie, I'm so happy to hear your cast is off ! Way to go! I knew you'd be good as new in no time Wink
Winnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 11, 2006 8:40 am      Reply with quote
I last reported on my daughters adult acne on Dec. 5. She has been using my BQ since I received it (4 weeks Think ). On 12/5 I said her acne was 50% better. I am happy to report that she went to a Christmas party last night and looked gorgeous. Her acne is barely visible. It is safe to say that we see an 80% improvement. She is now using it every three days. Will keep you updated. No product has been used during treatment. Prior to using the BQ she washes her face and wipes with Witch Hazle.

FYI my daughters acne is cystic. She has had problems with many undergrounders. The white bumps under her skin are barely visible Smile It took a few weeks to start seeing improvement. The BQ surfaced several blemishes before they dried up. Beware that blemishes probably will get worse before improvement is seen.

I am hoping that the BQ will keep my daughters blemishes under control. Pray

Quote:
And, Winnie, I'm so happy to hear your cast is off ! Way to go! I knew you'd be good as new in no time

Thanks Katee. I have a long way to go but getting there. Very Happy
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 12, 2006 5:32 am      Reply with quote
I'm a little confused about how long and how often to use the Baby Quasar. According to the instructions that come with the device you treat each area of the face for two minutes at intervals of 8 seconds - a total of two passes. Then retreat any areas of concern for a further 4 mins. The manual states that the total treatment time should take 28 mins and be done every other day.

However, according to the instructions posted by Maria51va each area should be treated for 4 mins using 20 second intervals which means that two full passes plus "extras" would take around 50 mins. These instructions also suggest to only use it between 4-5 days.

So what routine is the most popular with all of you? I find all the counting and timing a bit tedious and not very relaxing especially when you're sitting there for nearly an hour!
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 12, 2006 7:15 am      Reply with quote
I do it between 2-5 days, depending how much time I have. I use it while watching TV and I count to myself, it's really just second nature. I do a faster 10 second count for 2 passes, then a 30 second on needy places and 15 on the rest with the 3rd pass. Although not exact without clock watching, it's just easier for me to not think about. I don't put anything on my skin, other than a freshly washed face and clean swipe with witch hazel and a cotton ball. I also avoid any areas with botox or restylane.

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 12, 2006 1:40 pm      Reply with quote
Wow! I've really been in the dark, because I'd never heard of this Baby Quasar! Lord, I might have to look into it and pray that Santa feels like being generous next year! Wink

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 12, 2006 3:32 pm      Reply with quote
Oh, my. You girls are going to do the freakity-freak but I was able to take James at Advanced Therapeutics up on a very generous offer. The details follow. Basically, it's a trade-in of your Baby Q, to the pro model Quasar SP. They are giving almost full credit on the BQ (WOW, I say) but naturally it must be in viable shape with storage housing, etc. After that, it's 12 months at $99 and they ship you the SP with a return label for the BQ. Payments are billed monthly to your credit card, which I thought was mighty convenient. Retail for the SP is $1800 so payments are only $1200 stretched out over a year and include the discount credit from the BQ (not sure on the exact $ amount). Anyway, it's fantastic that they're giving credit on a used device and payment terms because I would never chuck that $ all at once. Oh yeah, they give a lifetime warranty, too!!!

I know it's a big outlay but I've been lemming the big dog to cut my time down and use on my body where the territory's larger! Bad Grin Here's the info from James at AT:

Having access to the following page and then calling and referencing it will give you the ability to receive the promotion.

Simply put, I was able to do TWO things. One, apply full credit back for Baby Quasars towards the purchase of the Professional Quasar SP. Second, get $$$ off the Quasar SP. I was able to get monthly payments with no finance charges approved for the upgrade at $99 a month for 12 months. No shipping on the return of the Baby and no shipping on the delivery of the Professional Quasar SP. Plus, those who take advantage of this still get the LifeTime Warranty.

Here is the link to upgrade and Go Pro:
http://www.advanthera.com/gopro.html

I snuck one more promotion. I feel bad for those who bought other devices and may not be able to return.
http://www.advanthera.com/getbaby.html

Don't throw rocks at me. Laughing

Wed Apr 17, 2024 9:19 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |