Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Body Scrubs
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Wein
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 08, 2006 1:37 am      Reply with quote
Finishing my 2nd tube of the body shop's strawberry and walnut body scrub here and would like to try out something new. I managed to try the ole henriksen's loofah scrub in the gift pack which was really good and could feel the difference compared to the other brands ive used b4. What's everyone using?
Mabsy

Tue Aug 08, 2006 3:23 am      Reply with quote
At the moment I'm still finishing off Totally Juicy Green Apple Sugar Scrub (or something along those lines). It's very nice and also cheap Smile Right after that I have a bottle of the Ole scrub you just mentioned so I'm looking forward to trying that. One of the most effective scrubs I have tried so far was the MDF one with AHAs.
Sel
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 08, 2006 4:11 am      Reply with quote
I've been using exfoliating gloves, which are effective and cheap! Other times I use either Loreal Exfotonic or Neutrogena Clear Body scrub. I've just seen the Sohum range of body scrubs and they sound lovely. Looks like they're double the price in the UK than they charge in Australia!
Wein
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 08, 2006 4:45 am      Reply with quote
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/md-formulations-face-and-p_1914.htm
This one Mabsy?

Good suggestions Sel. May i ask where u got the Sohum?Smile
Sel
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 08, 2006 5:05 am      Reply with quote
I haven't bought anything from the range, yet Very Happy Think it looks lovely though, and the body butter sound great!

www.greigandmurphy.com.au/shop/search.asp?s=sohum&spl=&spu=&m=&sc=0&p=1
tiger_tim
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 08, 2006 5:10 am      Reply with quote
I have used Loreal Exfotonic (repeat purchases) though I am not a huge fan of body scrubs. I prefer skin brushing and the nylon/microfiber towels. I wouldn't mind trying an AHA one for my arms though...Mabsy, have you tried the PTR one? http://www.essentialdayspa.com/peter-thomas-roth-aha---b-p_989.htm I wonder how it compares to the MD Formulations..

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 08, 2006 5:33 am      Reply with quote
You can make your own body scrub with sugar and oil. Just mix the two to make a thick paste. I use olive oil and brown sugar. You can add essential oils you like. I've also heard of people adding coffee grounds. Caffeine is supposed to help with cellulite.
Mabsy

Tue Aug 08, 2006 6:13 am      Reply with quote
tiger_tim wrote:
Mabsy, have you tried the PTR one? http://www.essentialdayspa.com/peter-thomas-roth-aha---b-p_989.htm I wonder how it compares to the MD Formulations..

Haven't tried that one. The only PTR scrub I have used is the Botanical Buffing Beads. Lovely stuff for the face, too gentle on the body.
Sleeklady

Tue Aug 08, 2006 6:20 am      Reply with quote
Hey jlrobatzek, does it really work? The sugar granules are not too rough on your skin since the granules have such jagged edges?
jlrobatzek
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 08, 2006 8:01 am      Reply with quote
A lot of body scrubs are made with sugar. It was the newest thing a couple of years ago. I wouldn't use a microderm applicator or the sonic brush with it, but massaging it in with your hands as never been a problem for me. I personally think that the walnut and almond pieces in a lot of scrubs are harsher than sugar.
majorb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 08, 2006 8:55 am      Reply with quote
I'd never use a body scrub again after converting to my Dermalogica Ultimate Buffing Cloth. I find it so much more effective.

Sel - I recently bought a couple of Sohum's perfumettes. The Buttercup one is absolutely gorgeous! And yes, they are way more expensive over here.
sportygirl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 08, 2006 9:01 am      Reply with quote
I 2nd the Dermalogica UBC. With a really nice body wash it's the best!

Wed Aug 09, 2006 2:17 am      Reply with quote
Wein wrote:
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/md-formulations-face-and-p_1914.htm
This one Mabsy?

Ooops, sorry, missed your post earlier. Yes, that is the one that I am talking about. I wouldn't use it on the face but for the body it's great!
manslayerliz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 09, 2006 5:30 am      Reply with quote
These days I always use Candessence Body Polish in chocolate--- yumm!!!

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 09, 2006 5:44 am      Reply with quote
Chocolate! I'd be afraid I'd eat it.
glee
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 09, 2006 9:02 am      Reply with quote
I use the body scrub from Marc Jacobs. It's in a tub size container and lasts and lasts. It has this wonderful fragrance to it that reminds me of the ocean.
Olivia
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 09, 2006 1:19 pm      Reply with quote
I just bought Sumbody salt scrub in Blossom and I really like it. It really exfoliates and the "moisture" left behind is not too much but enough so I dont need to use a moisturizer.
mommytoemma
5% products discount

Wed Aug 09, 2006 2:44 pm      Reply with quote
I love aloette's organic sugar scrub (spa line). I was also looking at the new organic scrubs at Crabtree and Evelyn - they smelled great and had some nice ingredients.
dede
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 09, 2006 5:17 pm      Reply with quote
I adore Philosophy's hot salt scrub especially in the amazing grace scent. I'm not sure what is in it, but it doesn't have the oil that leaves a residue in the tub or shower. It completely dissolves, and lasts for a long time.
teatea
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 09, 2006 6:22 pm      Reply with quote
I like to use salt or sugar mixed with almond oil.
It's inexpensive and feels great!
violetanne
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 09, 2006 8:44 pm      Reply with quote
dede wrote:
I adore Philosophy's hot salt scrub especially in the amazing grace scent. I'm not sure what is in it, but it doesn't have the oil that leaves a residue in the tub or shower. It completely dissolves, and lasts for a long time.

I second this. I've used the magarita scent, and the Gingerbread Man. I love the latter, just thinking about it makes me think of fall. The scent lasts on your skin for a long while after too. It contains mostly sea botanicals-- kelp, algae...
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 4:07 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |