Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)
Is Australia the new Canada?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
Skincare
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 08, 2006 3:05 pm      Reply with quote
Over this summer, I had a few backyard bbq's with friends and family. One topic that always seem to come up was the problems Canada seems to be having at least the last ten years. I've heard that Australia is like what Canada used to be about 30 years ago.

What do you think?
FrevaKZ
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 08, 2006 4:39 pm      Reply with quote
What problems is Canada notorious for having, these past ten years?
Rufus
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 08, 2006 4:56 pm      Reply with quote
Skincare wrote:
Over this summer, I had a few backyard bbq's with friends and family. One topic that always seem to come up was the problems Canada seems to be having at least the last ten years. I've heard that Australia is like what Canada used to be about 30 years ago.

What do you think?

Problems? Canada? Could you give more details.
Mabsy

Wed Aug 09, 2006 2:32 am      Reply with quote
Well, you're doing BBQs so that's one thing in common already Smile

Having never been to Canada I can't comment but I'd like to think we're more advanced than any country was 30 years ago Razz Couldn't resist Smile I know you're talking about problems though, not general state.

What problems is Canada having?
tiger_tim
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 09, 2006 4:44 am      Reply with quote
Mabsy wrote:

What problems is Canada having?

Well, I guess it is not rabid koalas. Laughing

And I am also guessing that since their coat of arms contains a lion and a unicorn (?!) that they have never eaten them. Though perhaps 30 years ago they ate their national animal (beaver)... mmm.. feel like a nice plate of marinated skippy sticks right now (where is the drooling emoticon?)

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 09, 2006 5:07 am      Reply with quote
You can eat kangaroo meat ? I knew the ostrich is edible ... but skippy ? although, never trust people they make oil of poor emu ! (no, i'm just kidding...)
I only hope nobody eats the wombat, it's my absolute favourite (and the kookaburra - but you have lots of lovely animals down there : sea snake, red back spider, jelly fish...) !

I'm still thinking about the question "Australia the new Canada" - i visited both as tourist and didn't find anything similar (but i wasn't there 30 years ago...).
Mabsy

Wed Aug 09, 2006 5:57 am      Reply with quote
I don't think kangaroo meat is very popular here (or not as popular as beef etc) but you can get it and some restaurants serve it. Among other items you can get on the menu are crocodile and (in rare places) possum and emu. Wombats and koalas are safe from Aussies Smile
tiger_tim
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 09, 2006 5:59 am      Reply with quote
lin23 wrote:
You can eat kangaroo meat ? I knew the ostrich is edible ... but skippy ? although, never trust people they make oil of poor emu ! (no, i'm just kidding...)
I only hope nobody eats the wombat, it's my absolute favourite (and the kookaburra - but you have lots of lovely animals down there : sea snake, red back spider, jelly fish...) !

OMG Skippy is YUMMY!!! Lurve roo meat!! Emu (um, no Ostrich in Oz) is disgusting. Tough. Blah. Not much of a fan of croc meat either. But Australians will eat anything meat-related.. water buffalo, camel, snake, grubs. blah to them all.

We should do a poll: How many Disney creatures have you eaten? Laughing let me see, I have chomped down on Bambi, Thumper, Roo, Clarabelle, Chicken Little... rofl When I was a teenager working in a fancy schmancy restaurant, I chided my customers for ordering the rabbit on Easter. I was like, "how can you eat the Easter Bunny?" The guy replied "with a good glass of red" rofl

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 09, 2006 6:26 am      Reply with quote
I was cuddling possums - no way i could eat them ! (they were very cat-like to me, i fed them with catfood on the Magnetic Island).
I eat very little meat only, i couldn't win Tiger's Disney-eating competition...
majorb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 09, 2006 7:35 am      Reply with quote
A Disney Eating Competition! Seriously, I'm cracking up here! Laughing
leeleedeedee
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 09, 2006 8:22 am      Reply with quote
Please don't eat the Koalas!!! A Koala just begs you to cuddle it. Besides, if you got rid of the Koalas wouldn't you have an over abundance of Eucalyptus trees!!??

Well, I'm from Canada and I really thought we were much better off than we were 30 years ago. Obviously, someone thinks we have problems but I can't think of what they might be hmm
tiger_tim
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 09, 2006 9:03 am      Reply with quote
leeleedeedee wrote:
Please don't eat the Koalas!!! A Koala just begs you to cuddle it. Besides, if you got rid of the Koalas wouldn't you have an over abundance of Eucalyptus trees!!??

Have you ever met a "real" koala? (as opposed to the ones to cuddle at the zoo?) they are viscious little buggers and when they aint drunk or catching STDs from each other they are grumpy. Laughing

I have seen a female koala start attacking another koala because it was trying to sit in her tree ( Laughing man, it sounded like a grizzly bear) and had the pleasure of observing one at the vets once. ouch. dey got da big claws! Laughing

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 09, 2006 9:15 am      Reply with quote
Back on topic - what problems in particular are you referring to!? I don't see Canada as having any more problems than any other country, unless I've been living under a rock and have completely missed the boat here!

And someone eats camel!!? UGH! Laughing

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 09, 2006 2:19 pm      Reply with quote
I have once heard the saying: Most countries have problems and look for solutions, but Canada has all the solutions and looks for problems.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 09, 2006 2:24 pm      Reply with quote
tiger_tim you are just too funny Laughing Well, obviously, I have only met the cuddly ones, but it's interesting to note that anytime Koalas are on the news or on some animal program they too are showing the cute (love me....please!!!) type of Koalas. So, I didn't know there were other kinds. Grumpy?? Angry?? Drunk?? Man, have I been misinformed by nature programs. Thank God for this forum to set me straight Laughing

Sportygirl, I don't know what problems we're having either. I thought everything was just fine here in Canada, but then I loved Koala Bears too!!
Skincare
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 09, 2006 4:13 pm      Reply with quote
lol You are all funny!

Things that were said were mostly complaints of new comers causing problems at work by telling senior staff how to do their jobs and being taught how to break the system or abuse the system so that it would work for them.

Using religion as an excuse to carry a weapon as their religious belief and allowed to take several breaks to say a prayer throughout the day. Don't dare to complain or it is called racism.

Crime increase went up from thirty years ago (so I am told) and majority are done by new comers then there was a huge investigation in regards to that accusation. (remember? it was big on CNN)

Canada is too materialistic.

I just couldn't believe that this was a common conversation this summer and they were not the same guests!
poofybabypenguin
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 18, 2006 6:24 am      Reply with quote
aww Skincare, I'm from Ottawa, and I agree Canada has its problems. But after traveling in Asia, the States and um reading up on Europe :P, I have to say I LOVE traveling around the world, but I gotta LIVE in Canada Smile People here are so simple (not in the dumb sense!), innocent, kind, generally of course. You can still find a lot of undeveloped nature in this country.

One thing that sucks is that we're always behind the STates in getting products, who is always behind Asian and Europe. So we always miss out on the best (skin)products lol But other than that, all countries have their problems. But I feel safe and peaceful and happy here Smile

ok that came off way too sentimental! but I guess I am proud to live here Very Happy

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 18, 2006 8:02 am      Reply with quote
I too love Canada and am proud to belong to this country. Canada is peaceful, safe, tolerant, welcoming and offers a great quality of life.

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 18, 2006 2:31 pm      Reply with quote
"aww Skincare, I'm from Ottawa, and I agree Canada has its problems. But after traveling in Asia, the States and um reading up on Europe :P, I have to say I LOVE traveling around the world, but I gotta LIVE in Canada People here are so simple (not in the dumb sense!), innocent, kind, generally of course. You can still find a lot of undeveloped nature in this country."

All European countries are very different. Though we are on the same continent, Sweden is very different than Greece just like the UK is different from Poland. One cannot say that Europe is all one way or the other. Problems exist in all countries the world over though some have more than others.

I've been to both Australia and Canada and my opinion is that Australia wins the friendly contest. Those Aussies sure are a fun bunch! Smile
leeleedeedee
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 18, 2006 2:54 pm      Reply with quote
Well, Anna, you unfortunately met a bad bunch of Canadians. Really, Canadians live too close to America to go around criticizing and bashing and finding fault with them. Most of us, no matter what the province, live in very close proximity to a U.S. state and travel over the boarder hundreds of times throughout the year. The U.S. is our second home. In my corner of the world we welcome and love the Americans and want nothing more than to be peaceful neighbours who coexist on the same continent. We need each other too. The trade we do with the U.S. amounts to billions of dollars annually. The University I went to here in Montreal had more Americans, I think, than Canadians, and I and fellow students became very close to many Americans and developed great friendships with them. Just blame it on drinking or plain ignorance, but I tell you they are in the minority. Come back and visit us again. Maybe you'll meet the Canadians I'm talking about.
Anna_in_Sweden
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 18, 2006 2:57 pm      Reply with quote
I edited my post as you probably were writing yours. Sorry about that. It's true I do need to go back to Canada and get a better impression. I was quite disappointed with those people that I became acquaintances with (that is now deleted). I thought that since so many Canadians post here it might be ill advised to post so I edited it. Like I wrote my close friend here is Canadian and so is my stepmother and they are lovely people! I just had my bad experience while being IN Canada and it was these 7 people that I was stuck with that gave me a less than favourable impression and not so much Canadians that I've met in the rest of the world.

To add, I wanted Canada to win gold in hockey in the Olympics. I was cheering for Canada over Sweden. Why you might ask? Because I didn't want to listen to and witness thousands of drunk Swedes running around screaming how we are so great at hockey and so on. It didn't work out that way though. Mad and Wink
Anna_in_Sweden
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 18, 2006 3:28 pm      Reply with quote
I'll be visiting America soon (CA) but it's not near the border with Canada. I think in the future I should come back to Canada for something really great, like the Stampede. Just the name alone sounds like fun! My Canadian friend here has been telling me about this so maybe someday I'll go there with her. I'm not a big fan of country and western but I'll dress up and be cowboy-like and probably have a great time. Just about the only country music that I like is Shania Twain and well, she's Canadian. Wink
Skincare
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 18, 2006 3:52 pm      Reply with quote
I have not realized that I did not follow up on this post.

Thank you for sharing kind words about Canada and my neighbour (USA)

I think we do get some new skincare products 1st but only in Quebec.

The issues that was discussed was racial stuff. How minority get jobs so it helps the company image; more gangs and violence (was proven that minorities increased that problem...read Toronto Star & the Sun) etc....

I want to type more but I have to get back to work & it's Friday!!!

I will be back later....

Oh! It would have been nice if Sweeden did win the hockey game! Why not! It would shock Canada & USA sport fans! And that is good Very Happy
FrevaKZ
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 18, 2006 4:43 pm      Reply with quote
Skincare wrote:
lol You are all funny!

Things that were said were mostly complaints of new comers causing problems at work by telling senior staff how to do their jobs and being taught how to break the system or abuse the system so that it would work for them.

Using religion as an excuse to carry a weapon as their religious belief and allowed to take several breaks to say a prayer throughout the day. Don't dare to complain or it is called racism.

Crime increase went up from thirty years ago (so I am told) and majority are done by new comers then there was a huge investigation in regards to that accusation. (remember? it was big on CNN)

Canada is too materialistic.

I just couldn't believe that this was a common conversation this summer and they were not the same guests!

Those things don't seem as if they apply solely to Canada...
Skincare
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 18, 2006 5:59 pm      Reply with quote
I'm back!

Anyway, I don't know what else to say....it's good to hear that Canada is not the only one with this problem.
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 16, 2024 2:52 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |