Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Retin A: 8 month report card
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Janis
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 09, 2006 11:35 am      Reply with quote
I've been using Retin A for eight months now. I thought I would comment on my results so far for the benefit of others considering using it. I'd also love other Retin A users to join in and compare notes.

POSITIVE:
-My skin feels a lot smoother in general. On the best days it is very soft to the touch.
-My acne scars (shallow pits/red marks) have diminished somewhat. They're still there but not as noticeable. And softer feeling, rather than hard craters.
-Best result = effective control of acne. My acne has definitely improved a lot since using Retin A, to the point where I don't really get pimples anymore except when I'm not using it. I had to take a week-long break from it and my face exploded in zits...which showed me that Retin-A works.

NEGATIVE:
- Have not been impressed with Retin A's purported anti-aging effect. I've seen very little, if any, improvement on my crow's feet area. Meanwhile, in the past year, some faint lines have popped up between my eyebrows and around my mouth. I'm still in denial, thinking I can find something to control this, but Retin A doesn't seem to be the product for that.
- Soo expensive!

Overall, though, I would recommend Retin-A for those who suffer from adult acne or have mild scars or uneven skin. It really does have a nice smoothing and softening effect.

Apologize for the monologue! Hope we can start a conversation here...
vonstella
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 09, 2006 12:00 pm      Reply with quote
I have been using Retin-A for 5 months and I am very pleased with the results. I have noticed a reduction in scars and pore size, along with fewer breakouts. My face didnt totally clear up untill I started using ACV toner.
Although I dont have fine lines yet, I do somke, so hopefully this will help in the long run with the damage I am doing *keeping fingers crossed* Angel I have also noticed a lighting of some sundamage around my eyes, along with my skin being very soft. I think Im going to look into peels or something for the deeper scars/darker spots, but we'll see.

I have to admit though that I am very courious about Rosehip Oil, if I can get the same benefits from a natural product Im inclined to try it.

I only pay a 5$ co-pay so the price really isnt a issue for me, and I never had a big problem with flaking or redness.

What % are you using? You might have to work youself up to a stronger % to see better line reduction. Also I read somewhere that it takes 18 to 24 months to see the "full results" and then you should reduce usage to 3 or 4 times a week. Hmmm, I could results in about 2 weeks but maybe that is less for acne and more for scars, lines, and sun damage, if I can find it again I'll post it here.
All in all my skin does look 100 times better now that Im using it. Smile

27~Texas~Oily~ fair~ breakout prone~ easily congested~Cysts caused by emotional stress~ Using Ayurvedic skin care and philosophy~ Dry brushing body and face~ On strict less is more routine~ We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars~ Oscar Wilde
    daniel7654
    Preferred Member
    15% products discount
    free skin care

Wed Aug 09, 2006 12:16 pm      Reply with quote
    OK well, I use retin A creme 0.025% to control my acne, I also rotate clindoxl gel and that keeps things pretty clear. In terms of antiaging, it has not cleared up much sundamage, IPL seems to work for that much better.
    my sushi secret
    Preferred Member
    15% products discount
    free skin care

Wed Aug 09, 2006 5:33 pm      Reply with quote
    I must have rhino hide skin compared to you Daniel; I use the .1%! I mix it with Obagi Blender, so I think that might make it less strong.

For those of you who use it for acne, did you find it took longer for your existing acne to heal because the Retin-A is so drying? I'm sure it's mostly because I don't stop touching my face...but it's been driving me nuts. Other than that I love it and definitely notice it's working.
    teatea
    10% products discount
    free skin care

Wed Aug 09, 2006 6:25 pm      Reply with quote
    Do you find you have to use a stonger sunscreen with the retin-a?
    Grace_K
    10% products discount
    free skin care

Wed Aug 09, 2006 11:56 pm      Reply with quote
    Thank you so much for your reports. I use Retin A for a while now but can't notice big improvements... Rolling Eyes I have to be patient. Embarassed
    Janis
    Preferred Member
    15% products discount
    free skin care

Thu Aug 10, 2006 6:57 am      Reply with quote
    vonstella wrote:
    What % are you using? You might have to work youself up to a stronger % to see better line reduction. Also I read somewhere that it takes 18 to 24 months to see the "full results" and then you should reduce usage to 3 or 4 times a week.

I started Retin A using .025 % for about 4 months. I wasn't experiencing any negative side effects, so I felt my skin could handle the stronger percentage and I went up to .1%. I can say that I notice more results with the .1%. My skin is pretty hardy, though, so I haven't really dealt with a lot of the redness and peeling issues that other people tend to report.

If there has been any effect on my lines so far, though, it's been super subtle -- not really enough to notice. I'm a bit surprised/disappointed with that, because after doing my research Retin A seemed to be the one product that had scientifically verified results on fine lines, as opposed to useless eye creams or whatever.

teatea wrote:
    Do you find you have to use a stonger sunscreen with the retin-a?

You're advised to be very careful about sun protection. I've been using sunblock every day despite rarely being outdoors, and recently I upped it to SPF 55. I can't say I like it but you have to be cautious.
    Scottishjuls
    10% products discount
    free skin care

Thu Aug 10, 2006 12:16 pm      Reply with quote
    I have deep lines around my mouth and have been using Renova but to be honest cant see any difference.. Do you think using a stronger Retin A would make any difference or am I wasting my time and money? Also any other treatments to remove lines around lips (smokers lines) would be appreciated....
    System
    Automatic Message
    Tue Apr 16, 2024 2:23 pm
    If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |