Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
Scalp care?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Gucci
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 09, 2006 12:54 pm      Reply with quote
Hi all

I've not been here for a long time, to cut a long story short I was diagnosed with breast cancer in April and have had 3 operations and am now half way through a course of chemo.

I totally stepped up my skin care which I must say is the best its ever been, but what on earth can I use on my scalp? I've got total hairloss and normally wear wigs and scarves, but can I put normal moisturiser on it?? Can anyone suggest anything? I want to keep my scalp in perfect condition for when my hair starts to grows back. Any suggestions??

Suzanne

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 09, 2006 10:13 pm      Reply with quote
i would treat my scalp as if it were a continuation of my face in this case.

maybe not so much by way of "actives" or serums, but for cleansing and moisturizing.

keep it exfoliated and, though i'm sure you know this, if you don't have it covered, use sunscreen!

also, the scalp is full of nerves. take advantage of the lack of hair as an impediment to scalp massages and either force others to rub, massage, gently scratch (that's my favorite) or do it yourself.

that's what i miss most about my (near)hairless days, the feel of a good head rub. *sigh*
tiger_tim
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 09, 2006 10:20 pm      Reply with quote
what about a nice oil to massage the scalp with? One that is good for hair, like Camellia oil. I have a thread about using it as a face cleansing oil and somone just replied if it is massaged on it helps exfoliate, so you would get that benefit on your scalp too.

I hope you are back on your feet and with a glossy head of hair real soon!

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 10, 2006 9:12 am      Reply with quote
Thank you both...I'll start a scalp routine now!

Janelle, thank u, I'm doing just great. looking forward to getting my plum hair back!!!

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 11, 2006 10:25 pm      Reply with quote
gucci,

the other tip i have for you is to enjoy this phase of hair(lessness), you likely won't shave your head after the hair grows back from the sounds of it.

i really really enjoyed my hair-free days, although, i chose to shave it all off, and you did not have that option.

this is your chance to really get to know the shape of your head and where it likes to be scritched most Wink

good luck with everything Smile
Emma2006
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 12, 2006 12:16 am      Reply with quote
Joboba Oil might be nice for you.
All the best.
Emma x
Gucci
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 13, 2006 5:57 am      Reply with quote
hi pustekuchen,

To be honest and I didnt think I'd ever say this, I'm loving having no hair, the only 2 people that don't like it is my cats!! I must look freaky to them!

I love my 3 wigs all different colours, styles and lengths and all the funky scarves that I use as well. I,ve saved so much money on shampoo's etc, hairdressers bills and the time I save washing and blowdrying my hair, I can have an extra hour in bed in the mornings! I get ready to go out in about 20 mins!!!

Thank you for your tips, I've been exfoliating and found Liz Earles skin repair moisturiser is nice to put on my scalp..

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 13, 2006 8:08 am      Reply with quote
Gucci wrote:

I,ve saved so much money on shampoo's etc, hairdressers bills

Yes, but have you spent that savings on lots of nice Hermes and Ferragamo scarves??!! Wink

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 13, 2006 2:21 pm      Reply with quote
Gucci, I don't have scalp advice for you I just wanted to say that you are one positive inspiring woman! I had a scare with BC last year and I wish that I had your positive outlook at the time. Mine turned out to be nothing more than an odd fat clump in one of my breasts (don't know the English word for it) but still for that week of waiting I thought it could be something very real. Reading your brief story just made me glad. I don't know why, it just did. You seem like a very nice person, and a positive one at that. Smile
guapagirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 13, 2006 2:27 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Gucci,

Pretty much what Anna said and agre that jojo and camellia may be good as well. If it's itchy or sore emu may be helpful as well.

Maybe wildflower would have some good suggestions too?

Either way, hope you stay well and positive Smile

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 16, 2006 11:49 pm      Reply with quote
gucci,

you have such a wonderful attitude Smile that makes such a difference with recovery!

the lack of maintenance was my favorite bit too Very Happy
Gucci
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 17, 2006 1:35 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you all...You have to stay positive thats the only way to fight it! No way is this going to beat me...

yes spending pure money on nice scarves and also just discovered some fantastic wigs on Ebay Very Happy

Going off topic a little, my next 4 lots of chemo start off on 25th aug, now this one has side effects for my nails, they might go black or even fall off Sad I have to put my hands and feet in iced water whilst having the treatment Shock Does anyone have any suggestions of anything I can put on my nails to keep them in good condition?

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 17, 2006 1:40 pm      Reply with quote
Anna,

I'm glad it was only a scare for you, but honestly you would have dealt with it in a positive way just as I have!...I even managed to get to a Bon Jovi concert 3 days after my first chemo, now nothing was gonna stop me seeing them!!! Very Happy

I just came back from my 3 month check up and everything is fine..yippee

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 17, 2006 7:37 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Gucci! Not sure about nail treatments; maybe neem or carrot oil would help? I'm sure there are some experts here that will know Smile So happy to hear about your recent check-up--that's great news!! and just wanted to wish you well with your upcoming treatments. Your positive attitude and strength are inspirational.
Tosca
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 17, 2006 7:43 pm      Reply with quote
Gucci, I don't have any advice,but I just wanted to join in the admiration club. You have such a strong and positive attitude. Congratulations on the three month check-up!!
syllie
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 18, 2006 5:28 am      Reply with quote
Gucci, you are remarkable, good for you!!!
I have come accross several web sites about what to use for scalp and skin during chemo.
Their suggestions are based on what worked for many people. Another option that comes to mind is the Skin Biology and the use of emu oil and
Copper serum. The web site has quite a bit of info on hair and scalp. Good luck to you!
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:44 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |