Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Get eyes whiter
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Septembergirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 14, 2008 2:08 pm      Reply with quote
ellie213 wrote:
no, you actually drink it, 1 teaspoon twice a day, it doesnt taste too bad!

and that way at least you dont have to worry about damaging or irritating your eyes, you are improving them from the inside out, they do say that the eyes are a reflection of your internal health, so if you are cleansed and detoxified internally, your eyes will look whiter and brighter, it does make sense

Interesting. I learn something new every day. I totally agree with you about inner health being reflected on the outside.

Do you take clay as a detoxifying course of treatment, or is it safe to use on a regular basis?

Curious to know if others are taking clay and notice their eyes are getting whiter.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 15, 2008 4:49 am      Reply with quote
its totally safe as it works not through a chemical process but a physical one, the clay absorbs harmful substances in the body and draws them out of the body,so you can safely take it regularly or as a treatment course

it has really made a difference to my eyes and its an easy way to detoxify compared to a lot of the other things you could do
Septembergirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 15, 2008 4:53 am      Reply with quote
Great, ellie213. Thank you.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 15, 2008 9:20 pm      Reply with quote
ellie213, so what kinda green clay do u use? Where do u get them? Thanks!
Septembergirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 16, 2008 7:26 am      Reply with quote
I found an enlightening article on Curezone.com about the benefits of drinking clay.

In recent years, especially bentonite clay has been used as an internal cleansing and detoxifying agent in alternative medicine. Bentonite is a medicinal powdered clay which is derived from deposits of weathered volcanic ash.

Drinking clay is supposed to have numerous health benefits as it contains a lot of different trace and ultra-trace minerals. A brighter complexion and whiter, brighter eyes are mentioned as cosmetic benefits.

The best way to drink clay, is on an empty stomach, one hour before breakfast, and immediately before sleeping at night. 1 - 3 tablespoons daily seems to be the recommended dosage.

As bentonite clay is rich in minerals, the ones who take diet supplements should ensure their mineral intake doesn't exceed the recommended dosage.

Here's the complete article from Curezone.com, where different studies and books on clay are being referred to.

http://www.curezone.com/cleanse/bowel/bentonite.html

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 16, 2008 8:25 am      Reply with quote
thats where i first read about it too! you can order it from wholisticresearch.com, its quite cheap and good quality
DStats19
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 16, 2008 4:44 pm      Reply with quote
splash cold water into eyes. this gives them a nice glow and moisture they need.

I then finish it off with COLLYRE BLEU LAITER EYEDROPS. they whiten the eye and lighten your iris color.
luvyourskin
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 16, 2008 10:31 pm      Reply with quote
Besides navy liner, white liner on the inside rims of your eyes really helps them pop
Stardustdy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 17, 2008 8:28 pm      Reply with quote
I feel that whenever I wear contacts for a long while, my eyes will become blood shoted. But I don't want to wear glasses cuz I look stupid in them Sad
bombshellbella
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 08, 2009 2:34 pm      Reply with quote
I have heard that cayenne pepper in the eye will whiten them as well as a drop of lemon juice, but not sure and I havent tried.

33 yrs old - female - light brown hair with high lights - green eyes - medium/light skin tone yellow undertones : ROUTINE : (AM) Cold Water (PM) Facial Massage , OCM (1-2x Weekly) Home Facial (Monthly) Pro Facial ---- Things I am thinking about: Dermaroller, Facial Exercises, DIY Creams...JUST BOUGHT BABY Q POWER PACK -- Can't wait!
jade-1234
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 11, 2009 9:33 am      Reply with quote
I use Visine for red eyes especially after a swim. But it all depends on what you eat. Those vegies especially carrots are very good for your eyes....

vonstella wrote:
MelissaMarie, very cool, Im going to have to try that.

Daniel, I have heard about those eye drops too and they are really bad for your eyes. You should try Visene,(unfortunately I have lost the ability to spell that).Embarassed
But I think that really yellow eyes are the indication of illness, if they are bad Id maybe see a doctor.
minze
5% products discount

Thu Jun 11, 2009 11:53 pm      Reply with quote
DStats19 said:
Quote:
I then finish it off with COLLYRE BLEU LAITER EYEDROPS. they whiten the eye and lighten your iris color.

Do those drops really work? Does it have FDA approval now? I heard the only ingredient that has a whitening effect is the blue dye which is also used in surgical procedures. It also contains boric acid that with long term use could be toxic.

Have you heard of IRO color eye drops? They change the color of your iris. I don't think it's available yet...anyway, i feel like i've gone off topic.
Amy Lu
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 12, 2009 4:10 am      Reply with quote
I have these problem too,but i try many eye cream,but it doesn't use...
bombshellbella
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 12, 2009 7:38 am      Reply with quote
The iro color eye drops are cool... but I would be afraid to try!

33 yrs old - female - light brown hair with high lights - green eyes - medium/light skin tone yellow undertones : ROUTINE : (AM) Cold Water (PM) Facial Massage , OCM (1-2x Weekly) Home Facial (Monthly) Pro Facial ---- Things I am thinking about: Dermaroller, Facial Exercises, DIY Creams...JUST BOUGHT BABY Q POWER PACK -- Can't wait!
Metaphora
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 12, 2009 8:58 am      Reply with quote
bombshellbella wrote:
I have heard that cayenne pepper in the eye will whiten them as well as a drop of lemon juice, but not sure and I havent tried.

I don't think anyone should try cayenne pepper in their eyes! Shock

I expect that would not only make them very red, but also possibly require a trip to the emergency room!

(I'm sure squirting lemon juice in one's eyes isn't good for them either.)

OUCH.

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 12, 2009 2:08 pm      Reply with quote
Here is an herbal eyebright recipe:

http://www.herballegacy.com/Herbal_Eyebright.html

"One part each"
bayberry bark
eyebright herb
golden seal root
red raspberry leaves
1/8 part cayenne

Read testimonial #8

and some info about the lemon juice:
I just had a friend who used to do this, strange...

Anyway, never tried either of these, just thought I would share what I have heard and seen. Thanks.

kracker
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 05, 2009 8:40 am      Reply with quote
what does the shop on college street offer??
i would like to brighten mine, but not if it is going to damage my eyes using drops

wear sunglasses now, but didn't always

please tell me more about the shop you went to?
lucyluc
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 05, 2009 4:13 pm      Reply with quote
I am not so sure putting pepper in your eye is a good idea! Shock I would say that the eyes are a window to your liver; you need to detox the liver...take liverite and or take a body cleanse....cleanse the liver should brighten the eyes. I dont think eye drops are a good long term solution and may not be so healthy....
mcesanek

Tue Sep 22, 2009 2:52 pm      Reply with quote
The Boxer Wachler Vision Institute has created the only permanent procedure for eye whitening known as I-Brite. The delicate procedure involves removing the thin membrane that holds the unsightly red veins and yellow or brown material. A crystal clear membrane (without red blood vessels, yellow or brown spots) grows back in its place. The procedure is outpatient, painless and performed in about 15 minutes.
Coconut
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 22, 2009 3:40 pm      Reply with quote
mcesanek wrote:
The Boxer Wachler Vision Institute has created the only permanent procedure for eye whitening known as I-Brite. The delicate procedure involves removing the thin membrane that holds the unsightly red veins and yellow or brown material. A crystal clear membrane (without red blood vessels, yellow or brown spots) grows back in its place. The procedure is outpatient, painless and performed in about 15 minutes.

Wow, that sounds scary. Though I have heard of procedures pioneered in South Korea using lasers to diminish cosmetic discoloration of the sclera. I've also heard of mitomycin C drops used to rid discoloration, and I just noticed now that he uses these drops as well. I'm looking at the website right now, I don't know, but it seems a bit sketchy to me in corny desperate way...they need a new web designer.

Wow, and it costs over $6,000 to have this procedure done! There is an opportunist if I've ever seen one! I did a lot of research on eye whitening a few years ago and the price is completely inflated and absurd for a 15 minute procedure.
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 22, 2009 4:48 pm      Reply with quote
http://www.camerareadycosmetics.com/proddetail.php?prod=CollyreBleu

http://www.blueeyedrops.com/buy.htm?gclid=CMy8urCxhp0CFc9h2godwk98aw

http://www.folica.com/spa-and-body/skin-care/mavala-eye-lite-double-lash

http://www.lilysapothecary.com/mall/mavaladis.asp

some web sites that carry one or the other, USA

I have used both for years with same positive results, I can still see. I really do love them my eyes are sensitive so tend to get red these really do the trick for me.

HTH
DM

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 22, 2009 6:48 pm      Reply with quote
I, too, have heard about the possible danger of the Collyre Bleu drops. Apparently, one of the ingredients used as a pH buffer and preservative (Boric Acid) can potentially be toxic with long term use. Maybe you'd be ok if you use on occasion though....idk. They remind me of laundry bluing, you know, the cap of blue dye you toss in with your whites to take the dingy yellow tones out.

I also heard using Visine all the time makes it not work as well....like your eyes are supposed to get used to it. Makes sense I guess, a lot of this act in this way, but my bf uses them daily and they still seem to work fine for him, so maybe the diminishing results also taper off and stabilize at a point.

Also, if anyone's eyes are really really red, you might have ocular rosacea...and if so, reading up on it and taking necessary measures could help better than trying to cover the redness up from the outside.

I want to whiten my whites a bit too, I think I'm gonna read up on herbs that support capillary health like bilberry as this can also help with under eye circles. I think trying to fix this issue is probably better approached from the inside (well, yknow, unless you have a hot date) or at least used as a supplement to quick fixes. Either way, I'm definitely keeping an eye on this post. Very Happy hehe. heh. Rolling Eyes
health2u
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 22, 2009 6:57 pm      Reply with quote
LIne the inside of you lower lid with a soft, midnight blue or dark blue kohl eye pencil.

And Visine. (I've been using that for at least 20 years)
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 22, 2009 7:17 pm      Reply with quote
Fresh cold cucumbers or tea bags whiten and reduce puffiness plus it give you the perfect excuse to lay down and rest for 20-30 minutes.

Lutein (spelling) is a good supplement along with Bilberry.

I only use the blue eye drops for special occasions not everyday. Neither have changed my iris color! Not sure what eye drop does that.

DM

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 06, 2009 8:22 pm      Reply with quote
I wear contacts so I'm sure the eyedrop solution if out for me - but I'm cool about trying the cucumbers Wink

Thu Apr 25, 2024 5:04 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |