Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)
Get eyes whiter
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
SusieQ
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 17, 2007 9:33 am      Reply with quote
daniel7654 wrote:
Does anyone know how to whiten eyes or how to prevent them from darkening? I wear sunglass all the time so I think that helps, but is there any other remedies? Sometimes I use an off white eyeliner under my eye about 1/3 of the way and that seems to help too. Thanks!
This post was a long time coming. Well! I purchased the Collyre Bleu after some searching and phoning around. I first phoned the Jean Coutou Pharmacie in Ottawa Ontario and they stocked it but wouldn't mail it out to me. They suggested I talk to my own local pharmacist and get them to order it in for me. So I did, but the CB wasn't even listed in their data base out here in BC! They suggested I buy it on line and bring the box in for them to order in the future. Forget that.

I found it on line at verseo dot com. This is day 4 using it once per day and THIS IS definitely the one to get the whites of your eyes whiter. There is no irritation, no stinging, no tearing of the eyes like I normally experienced with the Visine eye drops. These are very soothing, like putting nothing at all in your eyes. My eyes are chronically red from wearing soft contact lenses for over 20 years ( I now wear glasses!)and this product just wipes the irritation right out of my eyes and does appear to make the whites of my eyes clearer. I'm hoping that over time that they will only get better.
cathy_jean
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 14, 2008 5:43 am      Reply with quote
I used Similasan in the past and it seemed to help without causing the "rebound problems" that happen with products such as Visine. Like many of you, I prefer to use natural or homeopathic treatments, but I was recently prescribed something that has really helped my eyes and I wanted to share.

A few months ago, it seemed my eyes were getting worse and sometimes they were so red it honestly looked like I was stoned or had pink eye, Shock which was embarrassing.

I mentioned how the redness was bothering me to my opthamalogist when I saw him four months ago. I've been previously diagnosed with dry eye, although my eyes didn't feel all that uncomfortable, they just looked bad.

My doctor prescribed Restasis drops I've had very encouraging results with them so far. My eyes are much less red, and often, they look almost shockingly white to me. Now, I've been pleasantly surprised by my reflection in the mirror; I look so much more well rested and perkier without those red eyes! I had a follow up appointment last week where he did a tear test and confirmed that the dry patches on my eyes are much better and on one eye, almost completely gone.

By the way, if you Google Restasis there are many comments by people who can't tolerate the drops and say that they sting -- it's interesting in that I can't tolerate most eye drops, including those with "disappearing preservatives" but I have no problem with Restasis. (Other than Similasan, the only eye drops I've ever been able to use are Refresh in the individual vials.)

According to my doctor and what I've read, Restasis can actually treat the underlying problems (not just the symptoms) although it's not clear to him yet whether I will need to stay on these drops forever or whether I can discontinue them once my eyes are completely healed.

I wrote all this because I thought that if there's someone else out there who has been unhappy with red eyes -- and if the cause is dryness -- you might consider asking your eye doctor at your next appointment if there's something like Restasis that might help you, too.

-Cathy

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 12, 2009 8:58 am      Reply with quote
bombshellbella wrote:
I have heard that cayenne pepper in the eye will whiten them as well as a drop of lemon juice, but not sure and I havent tried.

I don't think anyone should try cayenne pepper in their eyes! Shock

I expect that would not only make them very red, but also possibly require a trip to the emergency room!

(I'm sure squirting lemon juice in one's eyes isn't good for them either.)

OUCH.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 08, 2009 7:11 pm      Reply with quote
This thread is referring to the whites of your eyes Vs the area around the eye.

Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:40 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |