Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)
johnson baby shampoo
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
daniel7654
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 09, 2006 4:06 pm      Reply with quote
No matter what shampoo I use, I always come back to this one. Leaves hair clean without being too clean and manageable. It's also very cheap to buy. Cool
Tosca
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 09, 2006 8:29 pm      Reply with quote
Perfect for pets too because it's gentle and doesn't sting eyes. Also, no heavy perfumes to bother their little noses.
violetanne
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 09, 2006 8:33 pm      Reply with quote
My boyfriend uses this. I've tried it, I just need moisture. I think it's probably only good for short boy hair. (or baby hair, for that matter Smile )
Tosca
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 09, 2006 8:39 pm      Reply with quote
Yeah, I can't use it on myself either. I have long dry hair too.
vonstella
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 09, 2006 8:40 pm      Reply with quote
Love the sweet scent, especially after having my own child...Sometimes when I miss him I have too go in the bathroom and smell it! Embarassed

Ill use it on my hair when its short, but when Im growing it and using more product and creating more damage, I need something richer...and Ive found my HG, Cream of Nature (yellow top, red lettering), but sometimes I still use it as a body wash.

27~Texas~Oily~ fair~ breakout prone~ easily congested~Cysts caused by emotional stress~ Using Ayurvedic skin care and philosophy~ Dry brushing body and face~ On strict less is more routine~ We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars~ Oscar Wilde
teatea
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 09, 2006 9:57 pm      Reply with quote
I use it for all of my hand washing clothes, lingerie and cashmere sweaters. It's perfect!
Molly
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 11, 2006 1:08 am      Reply with quote
Hi Daniel
I reckon I must have used this shampoo 90% of the time on my hair for the past 15 years and 100% of the time on my body. Love it for my body. Don't like it so much on my hair, but so far (sob) it seems like the only thing I can buy in the shops that doesn't damage my extremely annoying baby fine, wavy hair with regular use.
Mind you. there's a list of other things I'm keen to try, but I can also bet I'll be back on this at some point in the future.
skincareaddicted
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 12, 2006 5:46 pm      Reply with quote
i would love to use johnson's but my hair is too oily and the formula is too gentle and won't clean my hair. however, i agree with Tosca--it's great for my dog's head hair, i use it on his head because i am afraid of shampoo getting into his eyes. the rest of his body, i use a handmade doggy shampoo bar that keeps the smell away for a very long time!

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 12, 2006 6:41 pm      Reply with quote
Where do you get the doggy shampoo bar, skincareaddicted? Do you make it yourself?
Caspers Mum

Sat Aug 12, 2006 7:24 pm      Reply with quote
Works well as an eye make-up remover.
Tosca
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 12, 2006 7:30 pm      Reply with quote
Does it take off waterproof mascara, Caspers Mum?
skincareaddicted
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 12, 2006 9:10 pm      Reply with quote
Tosca wrote:
Where do you get the doggy shampoo bar, skincareaddicted? Do you make it yourself?

Hi Tosca--i don't make the doggy shampoo myself, though i was interested in soap making for awhile. I get it off this lady on ebay, she makes everything all natural since she is highly allergic to everything herself. she used to sell through her internet site too, and i would buy it off there to save her some money from ebay getting a cut. but now she sells exclusively on ebay. here's a link to the doggy shampoo bar:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Homemade-100-Natural-Pet-Shampoo-Bar-Soap_W0QQitemZ7774806199QQihZ018QQcategoryZ46306QQtcZphotoQQcmdZViewItem

now that i look at the link, it's labeled a pet shampoo bar, so i guess it's ok for cats too.

she also makes human shampoo bars (i don't know the difference between the human and the pet one though), but in my experience shampoo bars for people just suck in general. i like her body soap bars though Smile. when i order the doggy shampoo bars, i try to order a few to save on shipping (soap is kinda heavy and the shipping cost almost equals the cost of the bar itself!). i gave one of my friends who has a doberman with skin allergies a bar, and she tells me she is getting great results and asked me to place an order.

there are some other sellers who sell home made dog shampoo bars too, but i am afraid i won't like it as much as this one. i will probably push myself to be adventurous soon though since my dog is on his last bar Surprised or i might just place an order for a loaf. Laughing [/url]

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 12, 2006 9:51 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks, skincareaddicted! I'll try it out!
sparkle
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 12, 2006 11:39 pm      Reply with quote
I bought the shampoo after reading raves on MUA, then it was way too drying for my eczema prone skin, and not cleansing enough for my makeup brushes, so i ended up using it as handwash.. Neutral
Chrissie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 13, 2006 6:06 am      Reply with quote
this is what I use to clean my makeup brushes. Its cheap,& you can get it anywhere!~
daniel7654
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 15, 2006 7:56 am      Reply with quote
Quote:
I thought I would post this, I have switched my shampoo from J&J regular baby to J&J softwash baby and noticed a big diffrence. I think it is the conditioners in the new one, mabey the silk protein but my hair is shiny without looking greasy and very soft haha. The reason for switching was I discovered the regular baby shampoo had citrus acid and could (over time) remove my nice highlights...
maggieq
5% products discount

Tue Aug 15, 2006 1:48 pm      Reply with quote
I prefer Aussie, because my hair is kind of too strong.
maggieq
5% products discount

Tue Aug 15, 2006 6:28 pm      Reply with quote
does johnson body lotion work well?
Molly
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 15, 2006 9:26 pm      Reply with quote
Quote:
J&J softwash baby
I tried this on my hair but it frizzed me out. I'm using it on my body though.
Ziggy
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 14, 2011 11:30 am      Reply with quote
Hi all! Smile I know this thread is old, but it's adressing some of my concerns (see daniel's quote below).

Will Johnson's baby shampoo as a cleanser make my skin more sensitive towards retin-a? I have been using retin-a on and off sloooowly and gradually for about a year, never noticed much redness, peeling or rawness, with exception of mild peeling the first days. Then again, I took it slow, and was used to PSF retinol. Recently I decided to step it up a notch. So I put a pea sized thin layer on my face, evenly spread, which is a tiny bit more than usual. No ill effects, but def. more sensitive and a bit of peeling. Sunscreen stung for the first time. I am not worried, I took it as a good sign. Until I saw the ingredient of the baby shampoo, citric acid. I thought the shampoo was the closest thing to cetaphil, (which I can't get a hold of here), i.e mild and ph-stable? I am happy with retin-a and all, but I am now wondering if it was the shampoo that made me more sensitive or the tiny increase in amount retin-a. I was happy with ocm, but I prefer something mild and lathering after oils. I wait until face is dry before I apply retin-a, but not the full recommended 30mins.

Is the baby shampoo safe? Should I ditch it as a cleanser, and instead order rose hip cleanser, wheat germ cleanser or something else? Appreciate all replies, I have learnt so much here, although I'm not that active as a poster Smile Thanks, Ziggy.

daniel7654 wrote:
Quote:
I thought I would post this, I have switched my shampoo from J&J regular baby to J&J softwash baby and noticed a big diffrence. I think it is the conditioners in the new one, mabey the silk protein but my hair is shiny without looking greasy and very soft haha. The reason for switching was I discovered the regular baby shampoo had citrus acid and could (over time) remove my nice highlights...

Norwegian, 28, brunette, medium/pale skintone, green eyes. Not sensitive skin, bit dry in winter, trying to figure out preventative skincare. Happy with: retin-a cream, emu, LRP Anthelios ss, Careprost. Stopped with CPs. Curious about: Bioderma ss, Renova, gadgets.
jadkin
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 14, 2011 5:08 pm      Reply with quote
Its so strange...I used their detangler and it actually stung my eyes! I was so disappointed.
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 16, 2024 9:00 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |