Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Glycolic Peel nd Copper Peptides
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
salster68
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 10, 2006 8:50 am      Reply with quote
Hi

After reading about Copper Peptides and Glycolic Peels from Platium skincare. Anyway I contacted them explaing my skin type and what im trying to achieve

Below is an extractionf from my email sent to them and there reply. Does anyone have any comments on this or can give me any advice about peels and copper peptides being good or bad

My email:-
My skintends to get dry patches and can peel quite alot in areas but can then also be oily in others (sometimes the cheek/nose area). I notice some days that it appars quite shiny. There are times i do get an overall tight feeling to my face but this tends to be more after washing.

My concerns are:-

crepiness directly under the eye area - this is very prominent
crows feet - again very noticable
lines from nose to mouth - not too bad but can be seen
Frown lines - one quite deep one and one smaller one seems to be forming next to this

Overall Skin - My skin seems to be losing elasticity and looks quite saggy (especially the eye area)

At the moment I use Renova 0.05% every night now ( I was quite sensitve for some time and had alot of dry peeling with this and could only use it every 3rd day for almost 2 months at first.). I have been using this for approximately 5 months now. for the day I use Vitamin C serum, Elemis Eye Support and an Elemis moistueriser

REPLY FROM PLATINUM SKINCAREI would recommend starting off with a 30% Glycolic Peel kit. It comes with a toner and peel. I suggest the 10% toner for normal to oily skin. The glycolic peels can be used 1 x per week and really help to exfoliate the skin in a mild manor. Exfoliation is extremely important to get the dead skin off your face, so the products you are using can actually penetrate deep into the dermis.

I also would like to suggest our Copper Serum and Emu Oil. This is to be used immediately after your weekly face peel, and then daily thereafter. Use 2 pumps of Copper Serum and 1 pump of Emu Oil, mix them together in the palm of your hand and apply to the face and neck area in one step. Copper helps to rebuild collagen and elastin fibers in the skin and really helps with overall tightening and toning of the skin.

For the eye area, I suggest our Platinum Eyes. It is an all in one eye cream that helps with ifne lines, wrinkles, dark circles and puffiness. It is a wonderful product!!!!

Also, here are a few more suggestions for your skin type and problems:
*Glycolic Cleansing Kit - 10% cleanser and 10% toner
*Super Antioxidant with GABA complex - this is a moisturizer that has botox like effects on the skin. (Instant freezing / tightening)

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 10, 2006 9:06 am      Reply with quote
Wow! That was a through reply. I'm not sure if these products would work for you, but it seems they have good customer service.
katee
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 10, 2006 2:10 pm      Reply with quote
When I was doing weekly glycolic peels (much higher percentage though) I would follow it with Super Cop serum and emu oil. The combination is a good one. The Super Cop/emu oil really does minimize any post peel peeling and visible irritation.

I tried using Copper Peptides at night for quite some time for skin remodelling but never saw any results on that score. Some people really do swear by it though.
Anna_in_Sweden
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 10, 2006 2:40 pm      Reply with quote
Platinum Skincare has excellent customer service and products.

About your question since you mentioned wrinkles around the eyes (under and crows feet) I would think that TCA peels would work better. Platinum sells them and I've bought mine from them. I don't know if you have done or had peels before but if not they might have been hesitant to suggest TCA at first because it is stronger than Glycolic. I wrote about this on a thread here titled "botox under the eyes" or something similar and I responded with TCA peels being a great help for those under eye and crows feet wrinkles and overall skin. I've had Glycolics at a doctor's facility in the past and although I did like them very much I feel that TCA has done much more for my skin. I started using 12% TCA (1-2 layers) and then worked up to 16% (doing 2-3 layers) which I still am using both from PSC. I also use Copper Peptides (I have both the regular Copper Serum and Super Cop cream from PSC.) I alternate between them as well as Retin-A .5%. I bought Emu oil the first time that I did a peel and it is a very nice moisturiser but I have noticed that if I don't apply anything directly after then I peel faster which is what I want. Once you start to peel though (usually day 2 or 3 for me) you need to use a cream or oil to protect the skin underneath. It doesn't have to be Emu oil though; Jojoba oil, vitamin E oil, or sweet almond oil will work fine and for less money. This also depends on how many layers of TCA that you've done as well as the %. I have to say that the biggest difference of reducing eye wrinkling came AFTER I started doing TCA peels, because creams can only do so much.

Again, I highly recommend Platinum Skincare. Theirs are not second rate watered down products like on Ebay. In an effort to save money I bought TCA twice from two different sellers on Ebay. One TCA peel that I bought which claimed to be 20% was weaker than Platinum's 12%. I could feel and see the difference. In the end it's worth paying a bit more and getting a great product. Smile
salster68
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 12, 2006 8:13 am      Reply with quote
Hi Anna

thank you for your reply.

I have never had any sort of peel at all hence the reason im so dubious. Unfortunately im one of those people who if anything is going to go wrong you can guarantee its me. At the moment im using Renova every night. Would i still carry on using this with Glycolic or TCA peels? Also, Platinum skincare mentioned using Emu oil. What is the difference between this and Camelia oil. I use epidermx approx once twice a week and then apply camelia oil afterwards, Is emu oil far better

Thanks

Sally

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 12, 2006 8:58 am      Reply with quote
Anna do you think a 12% tca peel would make any difference to deep lines around the mouth area? (like smoker lines) I have been using one from psc on and off this year but cant really see a difference..Maybe I need to try the Copper Peptides along with it? I was also using Renova on the lip area only ....
skincarefreak
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 12, 2006 10:48 am      Reply with quote
I agree the combination of an acid and copper peptide is very good. I've seen good results since I've used my acid and followed it up with the regular copper serum. I'm not sure about the tca peel. I know it works well for some, but I've also heard that for others it has scarred their skin. If you haven't used an acid before, I've start out with a glycolic.
Anna_in_Sweden
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 13, 2006 4:34 pm      Reply with quote
I disagree about it scarring the skin. Also if you haven't used TCA or had it done then your basis of comparison is not fair. Platinum Skincare suggests starting with their 12% and doing one layer to start with. Very sound advice. I am normally the type that if something will go wrong it will happen to me type and I managed to do it and with success! If you decide that you want a stronger peel you can do 2 layers or 3 layers with the 12% solution. TCA at high percentages such as 30% or higher is what can cause scarring but Platinum Skincare does not sell those. The highest they sell is 20% and they state that it is only for those that have done TCA peels many, many times.

Scottishhjuls: I also used Glycolics in the past and although I liked my skin tone it didn't work on fine wrinkles at all. TCA does in my opinion. Here is a thread that I responded to about it and how I used it: http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=15268

I started with 12% doing 1 layer at first and then working up to 2-3. Then I purchased 16% and did 1 layer and then 2-3. I just did one this past Thursday eve at 16% 3 layers and I am peeling! Not flaking, but peeling. This is what I wanted though. I am off until Wed so I took this chance to really get a great peel going. The key is to not pick, pull or tug on the skin. It can scar if you do. Let it come off on it's own. You can aid it by using a warm wet washcloth and laying it on your face. This seems to loosen the skin. Then apply cream and let it be. This is my 5th peel that I have done every 2 months and I am VERY pleased with the results. My discolourations are almost gone and the light eye wrinkling that I had are almost as well. I love TCA! Smile

About another poster asking about Emu oil. I have it but I think that any pure oil would work which means, Jojoba, Camelia, Vitamin E oil, Emu, Sweet Almond oil etc... Emu oil is nice but can be quite pricey and the others are cheaper for the most part. Any of them will work after a peel. Please read the thread that I mentioned above.

Salster: The fact that you are using Renova is a good thing. If you were to have TCA performed at a doctor's facility (although it would be a much higher % than 12 or 16) they would recommend Retin-A or Renova for at least a month prior to the peel. The reason? It allows for even penetration of the peel. Your skin will have been properly "prepped" for the peel which is important. At a level of 12 or 16% this is not so important as it is pretty hard to cause uneveness at this level but it can still help overall.
When I have done peels I use the Retin-A up to the night before I am doing a peel. Then I cleanse my face thoroughly with a oil cutting cleanser (dishsoap in fact) because the idea is to remove all oil from the face to allow the peel to penetrate fully. In doctor's offices they use alcohol or acetone for this purpose. Flash forward to when I am done peeling then about a week later I start using my Retin-A again. I wrote about the whole process and instructions on the above shown thread. I think TCA combined with Retin-A, Renova and occasional Copper Peptides can do wonders on the face. I use CP sparingly though as it tends to make my face red and burn sometimes. All in all after over a year of using Retin-A I found that once I started with TCA peels that's when I really noticed a difference.
Molly
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 13, 2006 5:38 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Sally

I agree with Skincarefreak. I'd be a bit cautious about using a TCA peel unless I'd had some experience first, maybe in a salon.

If you haven't tried gentler chemical exfoliants yet (such as Lactic or glycolic) then it seems premature to be dabbling with stronger products.

CPs are good but you see better results if you use them alongside AHAs and/or Retin A.

I see Skincarefreak has finally found her combo from another thread using Jan Marini's Bioclear (a leave on exfoliant) layered with CPs. I think Bioclear is for oily skin, but I've used the Bioglycolic Lotion (15% glycolic) and it's a really strong exfoliant.

Why not try something like that first.

Molly
Scottishjuls
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 14, 2006 10:38 am      Reply with quote
Does anyone know :-

As my Renova is running out would the PSF Retinol Nite Repair 1% be just as good or do you think I should purchase Renova again?
mtview
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 14, 2006 10:44 am      Reply with quote
Scottishjuls wrote:
Does anyone know :-

As my Renova is running out would the PSF Retinol Nite Repair 1% be just as good or do you think I should purchase Renova again?

Renova is much stronger than retinol. If you want to downgrade and give your skin a break then you can try PSF.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 14, 2006 12:17 pm      Reply with quote
I've gotten scarred from using a 60% glycolic peel...it was on for 2 minutes!! You're right I haven't had a tca peel before, but I have used other acids and I do know that not everything works for everyone. It's better to start slow...
StellaMarie
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 14, 2006 1:00 pm      Reply with quote
For what it's worth, I agree with skincarefreak as well. I just finished a series of 30% glycolic peels and managed to slightly burn myself more than once (while following the directions correctly) -- it seems that almost every time, there is a part of my face that's just a little more sensitive (and each time it's different!). Fortunately, nothing serious and no scarring, but I would be very hesitant to start with a TCA peel without having relatively extensive experience with other peels (and I'm not sure that I would ever do a TCA myself, but that's just me). I also wouldn't do it while using a prescription retinoid until you've been using it for a while and have tested for sensitivity first. I just burned myself with a 10% (!!) lactic peel because I'd recently switched to Retin A from Differin.
ja2006
5% products discount

Mon Aug 14, 2006 2:23 pm      Reply with quote
TCA peels should only be done under a doctors supervision..that stuff can seriously burn you if you aren't careful!
averygsmom
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 03, 2009 5:53 pm      Reply with quote
I know its been a long time since anyone has posted on this but instead of starting a new thread I thought I would post on this because this is two things I have some questions about.
I have shallow acne scars and some icepick scars on my cheek areas. I have had innumerable microdermabrasions and glycolic peels, as I used to work in a skin care clinic. I had so-so results with glycolics and little to no improvement with microdermabrasion. After years of tears and finally prayers my acne cleared up and left in its wake-the scars. I know from my experience that acne scars are THE hardest things to treat. So I tried erbium laser resurfacing with decent results.
Then I found the Skin Bio website and they made the CPs sound like a miracle cure. So I ordered Super CP serum, a 3% BHA serum and finally a 40% glycolic from makeup artists choice. Now after two weeks and two peels my shallow scars look more like craters and for the first time in ages my face is breaking out. When I was working I saw so many people get great results from glycolics. For me, its hard to gauge how my skin reacted to the professional Glytone peels I used in the office because my acne was so much more severe at the time. Has anyone had any bad experiences with at home glycolics actually making their skin look worse, and the same question about copper peptides too. Any success stories would be great too!
skincarefreak
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 03, 2009 7:09 pm      Reply with quote
averygsmom wrote:
I know its been a long time since anyone has posted on this but instead of starting a new thread I thought I would post on this because this is two things I have some questions about.
I have shallow acne scars and some icepick scars on my cheek areas. I have had innumerable microdermabrasions and glycolic peels, as I used to work in a skin care clinic. I had so-so results with glycolics and little to no improvement with microdermabrasion. After years of tears and finally prayers my acne cleared up and left in its wake-the scars. I know from my experience that acne scars are THE hardest things to treat. So I tried erbium laser resurfacing with decent results.
Then I found the Skin Bio website and they made the CPs sound like a miracle cure. So I ordered Super CP serum, a 3% BHA serum and finally a 40% glycolic from makeup artists choice. Now after two weeks and two peels my shallow scars look more like craters and for the first time in ages my face is breaking out. When I was working I saw so many people get great results from glycolics. For me, its hard to gauge how my skin reacted to the professional Glytone peels I used in the office because my acne was so much more severe at the time. Has anyone had any bad experiences with at home glycolics actually making their skin look worse, and the same question about copper peptides too. Any success stories would be great too!

What cp's are you using and are you diluting them?
averygsmom
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 04, 2009 9:11 am      Reply with quote
I am using the Super CP serum from Skin Bio since that's what the website recommended for acne scars. I'm not diluting, yikes should I be? But I am only using once a week at this time. I know nothing about this stuff, I'll take any advice I can get. Thanks!
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 1:10 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |