Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

What's everyone using for Dental Insurance?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
skincareaddicted
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 10, 2006 6:32 pm      Reply with quote
I am thinking of getting braces because my teeth are overcrowded and my face shape is getting a bit distorted as a result Sad .

i think i am too old for braces but cosmetically, i really need it, and was wondering if there are any health insurance plans that cover dental only?

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 10, 2006 6:57 pm      Reply with quote
Dental insurance usually doesn't pay for adult braces.
Seeking~HG
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 10, 2006 7:19 pm      Reply with quote
I have Delta Dental insurance coverage through my job. When my son needed braces (I think it was around 8 years ago--he was a teenager at the time) the insurance paid half. The cost was $3,000, so I only had to pay $1,500, and the orthodontist let me make payments.
BTW--I live in the U.S.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 10, 2006 7:33 pm      Reply with quote
violetanne--none of them will pay for adult braces? i talked briefly to a rep from national insurance and they said 60% of cosmetics procedures will be covered but then i had to buy the health insurance coverage too, which i don't want at this point. she asked my age and everything and the plan is individual.

seeking HG--thanks for the reply. i am in my last year of law school, so no job yet and i doubt i have time for one until i graduate and take the bar next year, so i won't be able to get one through my employer. sounds like a good plan you have there. i suspect i might need more work done than your son though.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 10, 2006 7:42 pm      Reply with quote
skincareaddicted: Does your school offer medical / dental insurance to students?

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 10, 2006 8:06 pm      Reply with quote
Skincareaddicted:

I think most orthodontist will let you get on a payment plan, with a certian amount down, without insurance. Also look into invisaline(sp?), I hear its a great alternative to metal braces.

I think investing in your teeth is one of the best things you can do. You will love the results. Just be sure your wear your retainer at the end, I didnt and some of my teeth shifted back. Sad Im gonna have to get them redone.

Good Luck! Very Happy

27~Texas~Oily~ fair~ breakout prone~ easily congested~Cysts caused by emotional stress~ Using Ayurvedic skin care and philosophy~ Dry brushing body and face~ On strict less is more routine~ We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars~ Oscar Wilde
skincareaddicted
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 10, 2006 8:32 pm      Reply with quote
MACrisis--my school does, but the plans are really terrible and very pricey.

vonstella--i thought about invisaline but i think my teeth are too messed up for that. thanks for the encouragement though!

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 10, 2006 8:43 pm      Reply with quote
Quote:
vonstella--i thought about invisaline but i think my teeth are too messed up for that. thanks for the encouragement though!

My teeth were really bad when I first got braces too, they actually had me wear retainers(sexy I know! Laughing ) for the first 6 months to make my "transition" into braces more comfortable. I think it was really b/c I was a total snaggle tooth! Rolling Eyes Anyways, its amazing what they can do now, you should get a counsulation. Most dentists will do a discount package for new patients without insurance, you could figure out your options then.

Now that I think about it, My Mom didnt have insurance when she put me in braces either(and we certianly were not rich!)...Ill ask her how she went about it when I talk to her next, if you like.

27~Texas~Oily~ fair~ breakout prone~ easily congested~Cysts caused by emotional stress~ Using Ayurvedic skin care and philosophy~ Dry brushing body and face~ On strict less is more routine~ We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars~ Oscar Wilde
skincareaddicted
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 10, 2006 9:02 pm      Reply with quote
Vonstella--braces before braces? wow, never heard of it.

i think i might have to surgery before braces Sad the dentist mentioned it to me years ago but i ignored her cause i was scared. now, i am scared as an adult because i have heard that if you get braces later in life, you can loosen your roots and lose your teeth earlier. i wonder how true that is for everyone.

how old were you when you got yours? i shoulda just stuck with it then Sad

if you can ask your mom whenever, that would be awesome. Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 10, 2006 9:22 pm      Reply with quote
Skincareaddicted,
I was about 13 when I got mine, I think I wore them for about a year and 1/2. The retainer I was speaking of, wasnt a traditional one, meaning, it didnt cover the front of my teeth, only the back...basically to create room for my teeth to straiten. Hope that makes sense!

Im on a mission now to help you Very Happy , although it sucks to have them anytime in your life, I think it makes all the difference in the world to your self esteem when you get them off.

I will talk to my Mom tomorrow and PM you with the info, Ill ask my dentist too and see if he has any advice.

Yen
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 11, 2006 4:50 pm      Reply with quote
I don't know of any dental plans that cover braces (I'm in Canada). A lot of insurance companies consider braces as cosmetic procedures so they're not covered.
Hope
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 11, 2006 6:17 pm      Reply with quote
Skincareaddicted,

We have MetLife dental insurance, which paid $1500 toward the cost of my braces - and at 53, I definitely qualify as an adult Laughing I just got them off a couple of weeks ago after wearing them for almost exactly a year. Well worth the time and money for me. I had a monthly payment plan with the orthodontist for the balance that the insurance didn't cover.

I would think that you could buy MetLife dental only, since we have a different company for our medical insurance. They're both through my husband's employer, though, so I don't know what it would cost to buy an individual plan.

So, it's not true that no dental plans cover adult braces. The orthodontist's office did tell me that mine was some of the best coverage they'd seen (in terms of how much the insurance paid). So there probably isn't a plan that will cover adult braces completely, or even cover 50% of the cost, but there are plans that will pay for part of it.
skincareaddicted
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 12, 2006 1:34 am      Reply with quote
Hope--thank you, i will definitely look into Metlife then, sounds really good! i hope people won't mind a lawyer with braces Very Happy

Thu Apr 18, 2024 6:06 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |