Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

The best hair straightener
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
COMPTON
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 10, 2006 7:01 pm      Reply with quote
I've been researching everywhere, and was wondering what is the best hair straightner out in the market right now. I'm looking for something that won't die out on me. My previous hair straightener, solia kind of died out on me, It isn't as effective as it was when i first bought it. Really appreciate helpful insight on what is the best out there or what others in salons use.
nikkilici0us
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 10, 2006 8:33 pm      Reply with quote
With my hairdressing license in handy, i have tried and brought back many many professional straighteners from supply stores. I just purchased a tourmaline plated one that I didnt like- instead, i returned it for a CHI turbo 2 inch straightener that I absolutely adore- both the original one [ that i had for a good three years before i ventured for a new one ] and this new turbo design:) good luck!
Emma2006
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 10, 2006 11:03 pm      Reply with quote
I love my GHD.
Sel
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 11, 2006 12:49 am      Reply with quote
I've had my GHD for a couple of years and am really pleased with them. They heat up in a manner of seconds and even though my hair is quite curly, they do a great job of straightening my hair.
Emma2006
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 11, 2006 2:35 am      Reply with quote
My hair isn't curly but I use my GHD's to smooth out my hair.
Yen
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 11, 2006 4:48 pm      Reply with quote
I love my Babyliss Ceramic Hair Straightener. It comes with a 10 feet cord and temperature control.
KARINA
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 15, 2006 2:55 pm      Reply with quote
I love my GHD - got the wide ones - planning to get the narrow ones soon

Karina
teatea
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 16, 2006 7:39 am      Reply with quote
i've got the baybliss ceramic one too and i love the temp control!
ariesxtreme
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 16, 2006 8:09 am      Reply with quote
I have wavy to curly hair and just joined a form with women with strictly that. They swear by a straightner called Sedu. The polls are split between this and CHI

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 16, 2006 9:05 am      Reply with quote
I have a hair straightener called Wigo Jade and I love it.
Natz87
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 16, 2006 1:52 pm      Reply with quote
I love my GHDs i have the wide plate ones because my hair is thick and long and they do an amazing job , ive had them a few years now and they work just as well as the first time i used them Very Happy
KARINA
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 16, 2006 2:52 pm      Reply with quote
I also have the wide plate GHD's - but plan to buy the thin ones to do the front part of my hair which is short...........

Wink
ariesxtreme
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 17, 2006 11:02 am      Reply with quote
Good Lord, the GHD straightners are $200 Shock

Do the plates last and not wear off?

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 17, 2006 11:33 am      Reply with quote
I have had mine for about 2 years and they are still going strong Laughing
KARINA
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 17, 2006 11:35 am      Reply with quote
Before i bought my GHD's - i thought - who in there right mind would pay that amount for hair straighteners - but after trying my cousins' i was converted Angel Angel
ariesxtreme
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 17, 2006 11:58 am      Reply with quote
For those that have theirs how long have you had yours and how often do you use it on a weekly basis.

I bought a medium type ceramic hot tools one and within a few months the ceramic peels, so I'm pretty much dropping about $50 every two months or so. Perhaps this would be a better investment.

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 17, 2006 12:09 pm      Reply with quote
well i have had my GHDs about 2 years i think Confused and the ceramic hasnt peeled or anything. Im bad and generally use them every day and sometimes tiwce a day when im goin out in the evening , although in the summer i cut back and leave it natural some days to give my hair a break in the hotter months.

HTH
Natz87
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 17, 2006 12:12 pm      Reply with quote
oh and i know they are a bit expensive but the money i was paying replacing so-so straightners and not getting good results was worse so IMO its def worth the investment , and cant see me having to buy new ones for a very long time Very Happy
FrevaKZ
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 17, 2006 2:03 pm      Reply with quote
The investment is a good one- I know that straightener prices can be quite daunting, but after a trip to my hairstylist a couple weeks ago, I know better now. The high price is for a reason- usually less breakage, higher heat temperatures and a more compact straightener.

With higher temps comes a lot of cautiousness though...to those who use them, please PLEASE be careful,because those 100-200 dollar straighteners are very dangerous. They are FABULOUS but...a bit intimidating Wink

I plan to replace my bulky thingy soon with a 60 dollar or so straightener. I need something smaller, quicker and hotter.
chevycamarolvr
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 17, 2006 2:05 pm      Reply with quote
I've been using the same ol' Conair flat iron for years... I've decided I don't like it though. I never get consistant results from it. One day it works perfectly, the next day it won't straighten my hair for anything (that could just be my hair's fault though!)

I really want to get one of those CHIs, but I can't get over the price tag. I'll probably check out eBay and see what they have there. To those of you that have one, is it worth it?
Jala
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 17, 2006 6:26 pm      Reply with quote
I had a Chi Turbo and it was great until it suddenly just stopped working one day. I had it for only 7-8 months and didn't use it that often...maybe less than once a week. I've since heard that this is a common problem with the Chi Turbo. I wouldn't buy another for that price...there are better ones out there for the money, although I think the original Chi (NOT Turbo) is still considered a good flatiron. hth Smile
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 1:56 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |