Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

new cleanser advice - decleor, Psf, Dr. H, etc
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
elizasue
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 11, 2006 4:19 am      Reply with quote
Ok, I am gradually figuring out a new skin routine, but I am having trouble with finding a good cleanser. Crying or Very sad
I have rosacea, largish pores,slightly oily occaisional breakouts, but super sensitive skin. I suspect that my skin is truly on the dry side, if I ever get it sorted out.
I tried OCM for a few days, but I don't like the idea of using hot water consitently - bad, bad for rosacea. Dermalogica ultra calming cleanser seemed to be a hit, but after about a week my skin decided it didn't like it anymore(finicky!) Sad
I just got a trial size of Dr. H cleansing cream - thanks EDS, but I need a cleanser to go with it.
I am eyeing Decleor cleansing oil, PSF green tea cleanser, Dr. H cleansing milk, yonka gel cleanser, or possibly kosmea cream cleanser. I want something that is soothing and not drying but doesn't leave a residue, and removes sunscreen - I don't wear makeup, so no worries there. any opinions?
Thanks for your help
majorb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 11, 2006 4:52 am      Reply with quote
Would a balm cleanser work for you? I have found that Burt's Bees Orange Essence Cleanser, Liz Earle's Cleanse & Polish and Molton Brown's Rosewax Cleanser are very soothing and leave skin soft and moisturised. The only thing is that you're supposed to use a muslin cloth to remove them. However, I have found (when a certain husband of mine has used up all the hot water Mad ) that they do come off fine with warm-ish rather than hot water. Because you have rosacea you could use a fine, soft cloth rather than a muslin one if necessary. This way, you wouldn't get the exfoliation benefit, but it would be gentle on your skin.
sormuimui
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 11, 2006 11:15 am      Reply with quote
I'm getting the PSF one for the same purpose. I would also suggest Decleor's Cleansing Milk. I have also been eyeing Sothys - they have a variety of cleansing milks suited for different skintypes and was highly recommended to me by an SA. If you have sensitive skin you may wanna look at Yonka's Cleansing Milk rather than the gel. Primavera's Cleansing Fluid is also a good candidate.
Bosoxy
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 11, 2006 12:37 pm      Reply with quote
Hi!

I would recommend Ice Elements normal to dry cream cleanser.

It has a pharmacuetical grade aloe vera as a base and also contains squalane.

From your description it sounds like this cleanser would work wonders for you.

I had dry flakey, ashy, red skin and this cleanser has totally transformed that. No flakes, no ask and generally no red... sometimes a bit from time to time, but nothing like before.

You can find information on this cleanser at http://iceelements.com

Shelly, the president of Ice Elements, is also working on a line specifically for rosacea. You may want to sign up on their mailing list so that when it comes out you will receive a notification.

Good luck!
Bosoxy.

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 11, 2006 4:54 pm      Reply with quote
I really like the Yonka Gel, but it doesn't remove waterproof sunscreen, but I find it great for sensitive skin. Also the Cellcosmet Purifying Cleanser is a good choice. I've found neither of them drying.
Bosoxy
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 11, 2006 4:57 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Sel,

If your Yonka Gel does not have surfactants and you use it on wet skin, you may want to try using it on dry skin. Sometimes the water will create a barrier on the skin so that the cleansers are not as effective.

Take care.
Bosoxy.

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 11, 2006 5:02 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks Bosoxy, i'm going to try that. I do find that they seem to be more effective the drier my skin is. I usually use a cleansing oil first to remove my sunscreen and then use another cleanser after.
phdfordlg
5% products discount

Fri Aug 11, 2006 8:34 pm      Reply with quote
I just reviewed the Decleor Cleansing Milk. I wasn't very satisfied with the way it cleaned my skin.

I too have very sensitive skin - and mine is definately on the dry side.

For the last couple of years I have been very frustrated with my face. It seemed to react to everything causing redness, irritation, red bumps, and even had breakouts. I went to several cosmetic stores for help, and the sales people thought, because I had redness and breakouts that my face was oily. They would point me to products that were too drying and caused worse breakouts. Actually my face was reacting to the drying ingredients by producing more oil and sebum causing breakouts.

Someone then pointed me to a calming gentle moisturizer - Decleor Gentle Soothing Cream. That helped immensely. So I have been treating my skin with care and sensitivity every since - carefully and gently cleansing, moisturizing often and staying out of the sun! My skin has responded wonderfully.

I recently read a good book by Dr. Leslie Baumann called Skin Type Solution (copyright 2006). Her little questionaire showed me that I have sensitive, reactive skin that needs very gentle care. Her book suggested cleansing with purified water instead of tap water. The chlorination and minerals in the water can irritate sensitve skin. It has worked for me. She also give a lot of suggestions for products to use on sensitive skin - many of which EDS sells.

I wish you good luck!
gosa
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 19, 2006 3:25 am      Reply with quote
from what i've gathered from this forum Dermatologica's daily microfoliant is really a must try. so many of you guys have been having such good comments about it. no wonder it's in my shopping cart now.
Safire
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 19, 2006 5:44 am      Reply with quote
I really like the Dr H cleansers so they definitely get my vote, at the moment I have also just started using Decleor's Cleansing Oil which I also like, as it leaves my skin soooo soft. But in terms of foaming cleansers my fav ones are from Jurlique & Aesop.
shanno
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 19, 2006 12:37 pm      Reply with quote
Hi, Elizasue, I know you're asking specifically about a cleanser, but I just wanted to mention that you also might want to consider Dr. Hauschka's Rhythmic Night Conditioner (Sensitive). It's formulated to reduce the appearance of rosacea. I don't have rosacea, but I do have incredibly irritable skin, and this product really does seem to be helping my skin calm down overall.
kez
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 19, 2006 7:00 pm      Reply with quote
Hi, just to confuse you some more. Have you looked at Pevonia they do a line of skincare for rosasea. I have used there sensitive skincare cleanser which was very gentle and there moisturiser. It might be worth a look.
rie
5% products discount

Sun Aug 20, 2006 3:55 pm      Reply with quote
I have tried many and found Bioelements Sensitive Cleanser to be the best so far. Calming, but cleans really well... I have very sensitive skin as well... good luck!!
mtview
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 20, 2006 5:15 pm      Reply with quote
I have dry, sensitive skin that is prone to dermatitis and whiteheads. I also cannot use any sls and sles.

Dr H CC gave me dermatitis. PSF green tea cleanser gave me whiteheads. I have also tried babor cleansing oil and vernacular skin works cleansing. Both gave me whiteheads. I have yet to find a gentle cleanser that is truly non-drying.

Right now I am using camellia oil as a facial cleanser...still searching...

Good luck in finding something that works for you.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 20, 2006 7:20 pm      Reply with quote
Mtview,

Have you tried Rosehip Cleanser from DianaYvonne.com or Azulene Gentle Cleanser from Geografx.com? I like them both and find them non-stripping and non-irritating. Both are ph balanced. the Azulene cleanser has a gentle detergent in it but it doesn't bother me.
mtview
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 20, 2006 8:28 pm      Reply with quote
Hi PocoLoco,

Rosehip cleanser gave me bad dermatitis Shock I had the same reaction when I used another castille based cleanser. I have not tried the azulene cleanser though...

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 21, 2006 12:57 pm      Reply with quote
Hi! Smile

I really like the Azulene Gentle Cleanser. No castile in that one. I think the ingredients are posted on thewww.geografx.com (or is it geographx.com?) website....
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 1:10 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |