Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

HA serums
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Wein
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 11, 2006 6:47 am      Reply with quote
Wondering are there any differences between the diff brands?
When using HA serums, do i appy them before or after the oils? Do most of you apply only during the nite or both day and nite? TIA! Smile
preenie
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 11, 2006 7:23 am      Reply with quote
uuum I would also like to find out more about this Confused
Are HA serums better than vit c?
I'm sure there are prob hundreds of posts on this kind of thing already, sorry! Very Happy

D

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 11, 2006 8:49 am      Reply with quote
Wein wrote:
Wondering are there any differences between the diff brands?
When using HA serums, do i appy them before or after the oils? Do most of you apply only during the nite or both day and nite? TIA! Smile

I mix HA with the oils, I think it provides better effects: skin absorbs oils more easily, and I don't have this "oily" feeling on the skin as I have when I apply pure oils.

HTH. Wink
TAMgirl99
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 11, 2006 9:14 am      Reply with quote
jumpingball wrote:
I mix HA with the oils, I think it provides better effects: skin absorbs oils more easily, and I don't have this "oily" feeling on the skin as I have when I apply pure oils.

HTH. Wink

What kind of HA product are you using?
jumpingball
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 11, 2006 10:44 am      Reply with quote
I use HA serum from PSF:
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/psf-ha-serum-p_4947.htm
TAMgirl99
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 11, 2006 10:52 am      Reply with quote
Thanks Jumpingball. How do you like this pure solution? It sounds great, but I've never tried an HA only serum.
jumpingball
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 11, 2006 12:06 pm      Reply with quote
I tried to use it on its own, but didn't like a feeling of the film on my skin afterwards. When I combine it with oil or moisturiser, it sinks right in, better retains moisture in the skin, and makes my skin smoother and softer for longer period of time. Smile
guapagirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 11, 2006 12:07 pm      Reply with quote
preenie wrote:
uuum I would also like to find out more about this Confused
Are HA serums better than vit c?
I'm sure there are prob hundreds of posts on this kind of thing already, sorry! Very Happy

D

HA is a humecant. It attracts moisture to the skin and creates a plumping effect. It also acts as a penetrant, so you can't really compare it to to Vit C or anything else except something like glycerine.

Some folk find that it is enough in terms of moisturisation, others apply after oils , others before. I like mixing with oil in my palm and applying.

HTH Cool

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 11, 2006 9:18 pm      Reply with quote
jumpingball wrote:
I tried to use it on its own, but didn't like a feeling of the film on my skin afterwards. When I combine it with oil or moisturiser, it sinks right in, better retains moisture in the skin, and makes my skin smoother and softer for longer period of time. Smile

Good idea jumpingball. Which oil do you use and the proportion ratio between the HA serum and oil?
jumpingball
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 12, 2006 8:47 am      Reply with quote
Wein wrote:

Good idea jumpingball. Which oil do you use and the proportion ratio between the HA serum and oil?

I use camellia oil right now, but I'm planning to try rosehip oil. I cannot tell you the proportion, I just mix them in a palm of my hand: a few (4-5)drops of oil and 1 big drop of HA. This amount is enough for face and decolte area.

HTH. Wink
COMPTON
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 12, 2006 9:02 am      Reply with quote
what is the best HA serum on the market right now?
Candy8865
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 12, 2006 9:12 am      Reply with quote
COMPTON wrote:
what is the best HA serum on the market right now?

Sorry Compton - doesn't quite work that way.

As everyones skin is different and what each is looking for in a product varies tremendously.

It's like asking who makes the best eye cream or shampoo. 20 people may respond & you'll probably get 20 different answers.

I have extremely tolerant skin. So, I can use just about anything (though I make my own HA serum). I know others whos' skin can't tolerate much of it.

Just keep in mind cost does not equate quality. Off hand I know Reviva makes a perfectly good HA at a fraction of the cost of other store brands.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 12, 2006 9:21 am      Reply with quote
The CellexC skin hydrating serum works really well for me but the rate at which its finishing is hard to justify the price!
jumpingball
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 12, 2006 10:29 am      Reply with quote
Did anybody try HA serums from Garden of Wisdom?
Sel
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 12, 2006 5:32 pm      Reply with quote
I've been using Skinceuticals HA Serum, whilst I like it I'd be loathed to buy again since there seem to be so many cheaper alternatives. I prefer using it with a moistrizer too, as it feels a little sticky when used alone.
Rufus
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 12, 2006 7:27 pm      Reply with quote
I just got Pure Skin HA serum and the price is better than the others mentioned.
Candy8865
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 12, 2006 11:28 pm      Reply with quote
jumpingball wrote:
Did anybody try HA serums from Garden of Wisdom?

Markey makes great product. If you've considered her products I highly endorse it. She had sent a sample of her HA serum with a cucumber scent ( I think ) but, didn't use it right away and my sister in law swiped it!!

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 12, 2006 11:51 pm      Reply with quote
Can you only mix HA with oils if it's pure HA (like PSF)? Can you mix serums WITH HA with oils (for example my Phyto Corrective)? It would be great if I could mix my YY oil with it because each extra step is a bit time consuming, esp since I wait a bit to let the oil absorb before doing another step.

Thanks
Scottishjuls
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 13, 2006 5:18 am      Reply with quote
Would you put Vitamin C on before or after HA Serum?
Sel
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 13, 2006 6:01 am      Reply with quote
I've been using HA after my C Serum, may be wrong, but I think you're meant to use your Vit C before anything else.
jumpingball
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 13, 2006 8:45 am      Reply with quote
I use my vit.C before HA, I think after HA it would not penetrate so well.
jumpingball
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 13, 2006 8:54 am      Reply with quote
Candy8865 wrote:

Markey makes great product. If you've considered her products I highly endorse it. She had sent a sample of her HA serum with a cucumber scent ( I think ) but, didn't use it right away and my sister in law swiped it!!

Thank you, Candy. I'll definitely buy a few products from her, and her HA serums twice cheaper than PSF ones. Very Happy

BTW, did you try her cleansers?
poofybabypenguin
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 13, 2006 9:07 am      Reply with quote
I'm confused with the purpose of HA. I'm in my early 20s, do I need it? Is it only for moisturizing purposes and anti-wrinkle? when do you start using it? Thanks!

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 13, 2006 10:48 am      Reply with quote
Scottishjuls wrote:
Would you put Vitamin C on before or after HA Serum?

CellexC range contains both vit c serums and HA serums. They recommend Vit C serum, followed by the HA, then moisturiser is required.
nomoreneckpain
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 13, 2006 10:59 am      Reply with quote
Hi, I've been using HA serum from Perfect Complexion, Inc. I really like it. I also like emu oil so sometimes I mix the two,sometimes I use the HA last. I understand that you should always use vitc first. I also only use my HA at night. HA can also be used after you do stronger peels when you can't put other moisturizes on. HTH.
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:22 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |