Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Botox prevention
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
daniel7654
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 12, 2006 5:58 pm      Reply with quote
I'm thinking about going to Bangkok to get some IPL and a little bit of dermadeep in my cheeks. The price of botox is very affordable, I was thinking mabey I should get some shots as prevention Laughing, tell me, do I just get this in my forhead? I don't want to be expressionless!
Mabsy

Sat Aug 12, 2006 6:05 pm      Reply with quote
I don't know if I remember this correctly but I thought you were around 17 years old? I would not be mucking around with dermadeep at 17. You're still growing, your hormones are still doing their restructuring work, I think the implants are best left for late on if you even need them.

Stay out of the sun, use sunblock, use a good vitamin C serum and don't frown Smile I am almost 30 and don't have a single wrinkle yet...
Tosca
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 12, 2006 6:50 pm      Reply with quote
They do say that botox shots are great for preventing wrinkles, but, honestly, I don't know if it'd be worth your money at this point unless you are really seeing some premature aging. I'd be more inclined to at least wait until mid to late twenties, but I'm not an expert by any means. I'm thirty-four, and I feel like I'm just getting to the point where I would consider preventative botox. I thing Mabsy is right about the sunscreen, and add a good pair of sunglasses to that to prevent squint lines.
daniel7654
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 12, 2006 7:09 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks mabey I will wait, I was just so tempted by the price Laughing! So far here is my routine:

AM

Vivier hexim with mild water
Neutrogena SPF 50 dry touch
Carmex SPF 30 (lip balm)
Sunglass

PM

Vivier hexim with mild water
Retin-A creme 0.025%
Pevonia lip retinal serum

When I'm going on a date or to some important event I put on some Loreal sublime bronze gelly then (over my sunscreen) Almay clearing liquid foundation and liquid concealer. I also line about a third of the way under my eye with a white liner to make my eyes nicer Laughing!

I would really like to find a good eye creme, something that actually works! I heard teamine was good? Very Happy
Tosca
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 12, 2006 7:16 pm      Reply with quote
Your routine sounds good to me. I think it'll prevent a lot of problems later. I'm searching for that magic eye cream too, but I don't know anything about teamine. If you try it, post a review!
appletini
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 13, 2006 7:54 am      Reply with quote
I travel to Bangkok frequently so I’ve been getting most of my medical and dental done there for some years.

In terms of “cosmetic” procedures, cost-wise I would especially recommend schlerotherapy, any kind of dental work, especially whitening and veneers, and general dermatology.

Some laser work (hair removal and other) can also be a bargain but, unless you have south Asian skin, you need to be careful to find a doc with lots of experience on your particular skin type/race.

I’ve also had microdermabrasion done a few times, although it’s not much so cheaper - have actually done the entire upper part of my body, arms, back chest.

Actually some of those injectables like Botox, Restylane aren’t *that* much cheaper than elsewhere (I don’t personally do those anyway). According to my thai friend some of these kind of imported *luxury* medical items are heavily taxed, hence the higher prices. (that’s what I was told anyway) Generally though procedures that are high on manpower are the best bargains as wages are so low in Thailand.

BKK is also home to probably the world’s most handsome orthodontist. I’m still trying to figure out an excuse to make another appointment with him.
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:15 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |