Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Review of Two Urban Decay lip products
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
violetanne
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 13, 2006 8:01 pm      Reply with quote
I decided I just needed these two new lip products from Urban Decay-- the Lip Envy lipstain and Ultraglide lipgloss.

First, the lipstain. I bought the "Envy" shade which is described as a medium pink. (Also, some portion of the profits from this particular shade go to breast cancer research; the container comes with its own little pink ribbon-- cute!) I was interested in this product because I had their lip marker lipstain thing and wasn't happy with it. WHile I liked the color and staying power, it seemed to dry up right after I bought it. This product is applied more like a lip gloss. It has a little felt dipper (the container is like a little genie bottle) that allows you to control how much you want to put on. The consistency is just right-- not thick, but not thin either. It also smells like vanilla cake so it's fun to put on! The color I bought can vary from a natural wash of pink, to a bright pink if layered.

I find this product works best if worn without a balm on top. The balm will come off and take the color with it. Gloss is ok, but the color stays better if you leave it alone. It dries with a not-too-matte finish and stays on, like it's supposed to. Yay!

The other product, Ultraglide lipgloss, is just decadent. The shade I have, 'O' is a "deep pink" (I like pink shades Very Happy ) and smells of chocolate. I mean, it really smells like the real deal. It comes is a long, thin tube which is kind of hard to squeeze. I've already flattened it a bit because you have to squeeze it like a tube of toothpaste to get the product to come out. But, boy, when it does are you in for a treat. The color of this is great; mine is sparkle free so it imparts a deep color and a pretty shine to my lips-- this is definitely pigmented and meant for not only shine, but color. The consistency is thick so you have to push it around a bit, but it's not sticky at all. It doesn't rub off and has fairly good staying power. I want more colors now!!

The only thing I'm not keen on is the price of these products-- $17 each. Yeesh. I honestly think the Ultraglide is overpriced considering how much product you get and how fast I can see myself going through it. Would I buy it again..? Well, yeah. Laughing
violetanne
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 22, 2006 6:42 am      Reply with quote
WHile I don't mean to bump up my own thread ( Embarassed ) I was amazed yesterday at the effect I got from layering the Lip Envy with the Ultraglide. The stain stayed on 8 hours, and the gloss stayed on up until I had lunch-- didn't dry out or flake off like glosses seem to do on me. THe gloss didn't take off the stain, either, when it wore off. Great stuff!
manslayerliz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 22, 2006 6:47 am      Reply with quote
Well, all I can say is that you talked me into it, Violetanne!! Ok, ok, maybe I had been eyeing these products anyway and your great review just pushed me over the edge, LOL! Anyway, I just ordered the ultraglide gloss in "video", which is a neutral pink-brown color that supposedly tastes like angel food cake, yay!! I'll definitely report back. I really want to try the lip envy too, but I have no idea what color to go for so I might have to hold off on that one til I can get to a Sephora... Thanks again for your review! let me know if you try any other colors/flavors!^-^

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 22, 2006 10:02 am      Reply with quote
Violetanne - Was interested to hear your comments on the Urban Decay lip marker.

I've tried the Stila equivalent, the Lip Rouge pen, and had exactly the same problem. Works fine and looks great for a couple of uses, then the tip thing dries out. Stupid me bought a second one, thinking the first was faulty, and had exactly the same problem. Spoke to the SA and she said she had the same problem with the testers and to try cutting the end off the tip and pulling it out. That helped a little but not much.

Was thinking of trying the Urban Decay marker, so thanks for the tip. I may now try the Lip Envy instead. Very Happy
Mary H.
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 22, 2006 12:16 pm      Reply with quote
violetanne wrote:
WHile I don't mean to bump up my own thread ( Embarassed ) I was amazed yesterday at the effect I got from layering the Lip Envy with the Ultraglide. The stain stayed on 8 hours, and the gloss stayed on up until I had lunch-- didn't dry out or flake off like glosses seem to do on me. THe gloss didn't take off the stain, either, when it wore off. Great stuff!

EIGHT hours?? Shock Wow! I have never had a stain last that long! I will definitely check out both of these products!

Thanks for the great review!!

Mary Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 22, 2006 1:22 pm      Reply with quote
Did I see the word chocolate....for someone who is lactose intolerant a lipgloss might prove a good compramise Laughing

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 22, 2006 2:39 pm      Reply with quote
I've had the same problem with pen-style lip stains-- they dry up too quickly! So, I think this new inkwell style is a great idea. Can't wait to try it!!!

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 22, 2006 9:35 pm      Reply with quote
manslayerliz wrote:
I've had the same problem with pen-style lip stains-- they dry up too quickly! So, I think this new inkwell style is a great idea. Can't wait to try it!!!

I really think the Lip Envy is revolutionary. It's so painless to put on, and just stays put. Though I'm wishing I'd bought the berry color now, as fall is approaching and I like a berry lip in the winter when I'm the most pale! Oh well. All the more reason to buy more lip stuff! Laughing
manslayerliz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 23, 2006 2:50 pm      Reply with quote
My ultraglide gloss in "video" came today!! I love it!!! The texture is really lovely, not sticky at all. As for the color, it was described online as a pink-brown, but really it's more like a sheer, neutral pink. It's lovely, and I think it would flatter a lot of skin tones. And the angel food cake smell---- addicting!! I love sweet-smelling glosses, but a lot of the Bonne Bell-type glosses really overwhelm me. This one smells light and airy and a little sugary, just like real angel food cake!^-^ I can't wait to try the other colors/flavors! Thanks for the great recommendation, violetanne!

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 23, 2006 9:13 pm      Reply with quote
You're welcome, I'm glad you liked it, Liz! The other color I was thinking about was Lust, a pink with gold shimmer that has a sugar cookie scent. I noticed on the Urban Decay website it's sold out now. I guess we're not the only ones who figured out this stuff was great! Sometimes I'll open the chocolate scented one I have and just smell it to get a little chocolate pick-me-up (is that sad or what?) Laughing
appletini
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 25, 2006 9:49 am      Reply with quote
If anyone has come across a website with international shipping that has the Lip Envy stain, I would love to hear about it. I found one or two with some Urban Decay, but not this product.

I did email UD a couple days back but still no reply.

Alternatively, any Urban Decay counter locations in Hong Kong, Bangkok, Singapore or KL would work. I know there used to be a couple in HK at least, but they've disappeared ??
manslayerliz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 25, 2006 10:06 am      Reply with quote
Hi appletini! Actually I'm headed to Sephora this weekend, so I could pick you up the Lip Envy stain while I'm there, if you like.

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 25, 2006 11:09 am      Reply with quote
Liz, you are too kind! Will PM you, but I'm hoping I can find something local or online so I don’t have to bother you. I'm sure you will already have enough to carry when you leave Sephora Laughing Laughing
manslayerliz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 27, 2006 4:14 pm      Reply with quote
Well, I went to Sephora today to check out the Lip Envy colors and the other Ultraglide colors, and I was very impressed!! The Lip Envy colors were gorgeous-- I esp. want Greedy (a grapey color--- lovely for fall) and Jealous (a reddish-brown). As for the Ultraglide glosses--- I smelled each and every one and each one smelled more delicious than the last!! Violetanne was right about "O"--- it really does smell like chocolate. However, I think the next one I'll get will be "Hustle"--- very sheer brown with a vanilla creme scent--- yum!!! Of course, I didn't actually get any of the glosses at Sephora since I can get them for slightly cheaper from Beaty.com, but at least I know which ones to get next now!^-^

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 11, 2009 11:37 am      Reply with quote
Hey all,

This thread made me want to run out and buy Ultraglide right away, but I had some trouble locating it. Finally, I contacted UD about this product, and it's being discontinued! I thought I'd share their response in case it helps any of you out too. Smile

Quote:
Hello Virginia,

Thank you for your interest in Urban Decay. The Ultraglide Lip Glosses have been discontinued. The only way to buy them now is onwww.urbandecay.com. They will only be available until they are all sold out. Unfortunately we do not send samples but UrbanDecay.com offers a "Satisfaction Guarantee" policy on all purchases. You have up to 45 days (from the date of purchase) to return any merchandise that you’re not satisfied with. If you need further assistance please feel free to write back.

Martha,

Urban Decay

Customer Service

I'm going to purchase the colors Deep, Heavy, and O, and return any that don't float my boat. Hopefully the return process will go smoothly, since I know there's another thread about their shady customer service... wish me luck! (& glossy tasty lips!)

32, fair hair/eyes/skin, always a mix of dry/oily/sensitive/acne/clogged pores. But I keep getting compliments on my skin, so something must be working! Beauty blog at http://heliotro.pe; online dating coaching at http://theheartographer.com
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 1:37 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |