Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

My husband did something AMAZING!!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
tiger_tim
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 13, 2006 10:00 pm      Reply with quote
I am sorry, but I am SUCH a proud (and shocked) wife, I just HAVE to brag to the entire world.

My husband took the TOEIC test a couple weeks ago and just got his results.. he scored 975 out of a possible 990. I am floored. I was literally speechless when he told me (trust me, that is rare.. I just kept saying "no way, no WAY, NO WAY" Laughing )

He scored 100% in his reading and got 480/495 for his listening. The top score of 990 is basically native speaker level. OMG I am married to a genius. Laughing

For those who are wondering what on earth TOEIC is, it is a Test of English for International Communication. It is used mostly by companies for recruiting, placements, promotions, training selections, etc. The other big test that is conducted for English is TOEFL, but this is more for judging English levels for academic purposes.

Ah, I feel better after that rave... Laughing

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 13, 2006 10:31 pm      Reply with quote
Outstanding!! LOL - I am a native in English and probably wouldn't do as well...

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 13, 2006 11:56 pm      Reply with quote
That's really excellent! He deserves some really special goodies from EDS now Laughing .
tiger_tim
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 14, 2006 12:09 am      Reply with quote
Laughing well, my cart is already filled with stuff for him.. spoiled brat!

I asked him what he wanted to do for dinner to celebrate...he wanted a Brooklyn Lager (the best beer in the world according to him) and a Ku Aina burger (hawaiian chain). Doable in Tokyo, but just not today.. though since there is a Dean and DeLuca near his office, he can get the Brooklyn Lager there and bring home some deli goods for din din!

And Candy, I hear ya girl! You know what he told me? "You should take the test now and see if you can beat me!" Laughing

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 14, 2006 12:25 am      Reply with quote
tiger_tim wrote:

I asked him what he wanted to do for dinner to celebrate...he wanted a Brooklyn Lager (the best beer in the world according to him) and a Ku Aina burger (hawaiian chain). Doable in Tokyo, but just not today.. though since there is a Dean and DeLuca near his office, he can get the Brooklyn Lager there and bring home some deli goods for din din!

And Candy, I hear ya girl! You know what he told me? "You should take the test now and see if you can beat me!" Laughing

Ok - well until he improves his taste in beer I don't think I'll be as terribly impressed as I was before Laughing

Well - you gonna take him up on his challenge?

"got 480/495 for his listening" ?? You can use this against him for future 'discussions' Bad Grin

Mon Aug 14, 2006 2:04 am      Reply with quote
Wow, that is really something! I'm an ESL person and have lived in Aus for ages but I *very* much doubt that I would be able to get anything near that...
manslayerliz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 14, 2006 5:58 am      Reply with quote
Wow, that's great!! So, pardon me for asking, but then I assume your husband is Japanese? Do you guys speak Japanese or English at home?

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 14, 2006 6:09 am      Reply with quote
Ya, DH is Japanese... but he lived in Nu Yawk for almost 8 years, so when I first met him he had this real Brooklyn drawl... nuttin like someone offering you some cawfee... Laughing

We use English at home. That's probably the secret. I remember a military bloke (married to a Japanese woman) I knew here once who told me that when they were based in Japan, their home language was English, but when they were based back in the US, they used only Japanese in the home. I thought that was very smart.

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 14, 2006 8:08 am      Reply with quote
Wow!
Thats great!
MACrisis
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 14, 2006 11:00 am      Reply with quote
tiger_tim wrote:

Tiger, Did you finish your paragraph? I thought you missed your ending statement. LOL!!! Still can not get over with your elephant story!! Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

Congratulations!!! I have been living in the States for 25 years but still speak /write lousy English!!

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 14, 2006 3:21 pm      Reply with quote
That's seriously impressive! Very Happy
Jala
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 14, 2006 5:24 pm      Reply with quote
Good for him I'm sure he would put me to shame Embarassed
Chrissie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 14, 2006 5:35 pm      Reply with quote
Candy8865 is right, next time he pretends/ignores you, offer to retest his listening~~~ Laughing
tiger_tim
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 14, 2006 5:48 pm      Reply with quote
rofl yea, I am SO going to use the listening score for the future - because it is true! He does not listen!! On the other side, at least now I know that when he has not listened it is that he REALLY has not listened (I was always soft because I thought, oh well, maybe he did not quite understand what I meant.. Laughing ) Not anymore, ladies, not any more.

Oh and he is like, "Damn, I could have gotten the perfect score. As soon as it was finished I knew which two listening questions I got wrong." Laughing Rolling Eyes

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 14, 2006 7:56 pm      Reply with quote
Dear Tiger_tim, I am so happy for you .... Smile

Totally understand what it means to be proud and happy for the one you love - more than achievement by yourself ... put me to tears every time it happens (my sister becoming a pastor ... my daughter getting the first place in her form ... husband getting promotion ... not much achievement by myself though Confused )... Congratulations !!!!

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 15, 2006 5:06 pm      Reply with quote
tiger_tim wrote:
rofl yea, I am SO going to use the listening score for the future - because it is true! He does not listen!! Laughing Rolling Eyes

Now now, your husband listens he just sub-consciously edits before it hits the long term memory Angel Silenced
Moonstarr
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 15, 2006 8:08 pm      Reply with quote
That's so cool!! You must be so proud of him ...that's really impressive. Smile
Olyn
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 15, 2006 8:26 pm      Reply with quote
Tiger_tim,
Congratulations to you for choosing such a smart man to be with...and congrats to him for being one !
tiger_tim
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 15, 2006 8:58 pm      Reply with quote
OK, allow me to share another story, which will truly demonstrate his "genius" (oh, how he would kill me for sharing this... Anxious )

So, yesterday he had been asked to do an overnight shift (5pm - 10am). I go off to work thinking in the back of my mind that the work trousers hanging on the closet door are the last clean pair and I will need to do some handwashing the next day... I come home from work and notice the trousers still on the closet. I figured he must have worn jeans (which I thought odd, as I understood that was not allowed).

When he got home this morning I was in the shower and by the time I got out he had changed, so I asked him what he wore. He told me "my green chinos" (very faded, scruffy looking things) "well, I couldn't wear short pants or jeans, and I was lucky to find them." he continued. I must have had a VERY puzzled look as he then said "why, what was I supposed to wear?" and I said "the brown trousers on the closet door". The eyes popped open and he bolts to the bedroom and said "hey, they weren't here yesterday!!" rofl He had spent 20 min in a mad panic searching the house for something to wear (any other time he would be on the phone to me asking for help).. and they were RIGHT in front of his eyes.

He might speaka-de-English good, but he has a very bad case of "domestic blindness"* Laughing Husbands, gotta love them!

*Domestic blindness: an insidious disease affecting a large percentage of the male population. It affects ones ability to see things that are right in front of ones eyes.

Sat Apr 20, 2024 8:09 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |