Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
Correctly applying eye cream??
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
aristau

Tue Aug 15, 2006 3:00 pm      Reply with quote
I have heard many different stories on this topic...
Consistently have heard the recommendation to use the ring finger (as it is the weakest and won't strectch the delicate skin) and to pat.

However, with regards to where eye cream should be applied, the stories diverge...

Some say to only apply underneath the eye (inside the orbital area); others advise to put on entire orbital area, including eyelids.

With regards to proximity to the eye, have heard both to go right up near the lashes, and on the other hand, have heard to only apply one fingertip inside the orbital bone and that it will absorb into the skin closer to the eye to provide the benefits (reducing fine lines, puffiness, promote moisture retention, etc) without the risk of irriating the eye.

Anyone have a strong opinion on which is the correct way to apply eye cream??
chevycamarolvr
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 15, 2006 4:37 pm      Reply with quote
I always use my ring finger and put it on the whole orbital area including eyelids. I actually just do a quick swipe right over my lashes too...
Whether it's the correct way do it or not, I don't know, but it's what I do! The stuff I use doesn't irritate my eyes at all, but if it did I would surely try not to get it near my lashes.
Moonstarr
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 15, 2006 5:57 pm      Reply with quote
I read that you should only apply it to the bone area around your eye because it is supposed to migrate inwards itself. However, I never trust that! Smile So I use it all under the eyes and above the eye lids as well.
Emma2006
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 15, 2006 11:54 pm      Reply with quote
It very much depends on the type of eye cream you use - if it a heavy one then I'd suggest only doing on the orbital bones (or you eyes might go puffy). However, a lighter one do all over.
teatea
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 16, 2006 8:01 am      Reply with quote
thanks for the great info!
that explains why sometimes my eyes burn after applying eyecream!
particle
5% products discount

Wed Aug 16, 2006 10:57 am      Reply with quote
I always apply the eyecream on entire orbital area, including eyelids on matter whether it is cream or gel, heavy or light.

I do not think only applying underneath the eye is right since the eyelid is delicate and is needed protection from dehydration.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 16, 2006 11:10 pm      Reply with quote
I have heard that the best finger to apply eyecream with is the ring or pink (i forget which one) cause it's the weakest. but i can't control eye cream application as well with those fingers so i always use my middle fingers and do a full circle starting from the eye area near my temple. and i apply it on the whole orbital, eyelids and everything.

i did notice that for my skinceutical aox eye gel, the directions say only to apply it on the bottom of the eye. kinda sucks because then my eyelids don't get the protection from the vitamin c.

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 17, 2006 1:56 am      Reply with quote
After working for a couple of cosmetic companies and using a plethora of eye creams I would read the directions that the cosmetic company specifies. Some eye creams are made gentle enough to use on the lid but they will definitely say so... the majority of eyecreams are only to applied around the orbital bone. The reason is that they are just too strong and too concentrated for the skin around the eye. I have noticed also that it is better to apply a little less eye cream at night as if you apply too much and put a lot on the lid I always wake up with puffy eyes. I can apply more in the day. Using the ring finger and patting the cream in is always a good idea.
nomoreneckpain
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 17, 2006 6:56 am      Reply with quote
Thanks Misskatblack, That post was just what I was going to say. Therefore I have different eye products for under and on top, some just for bedtime and some for daytime, I know it sounds like alot but some can do double duty. I really wish there was one product for the eye area that did everything. I also think was we get older our products' requirements can change, HTH.
System
Automatic Message
Sat Apr 20, 2024 7:43 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |