Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

E45 Dry Scalp Shampoo/ACV rinse- review
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
littlebo
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 16, 2006 7:10 am      Reply with quote
Just to give you a bit of history. I have a very dry scalp which flakes in patches and itches. I have been using Kerastase shampoo and conditioner for about 2 years, which is great for my hair. In a quest to sort out my scalp I tried a pre wash treatment of Apple Cider Vinegar and green tea. I did this a few times and my scalp turned into a horrible mess. Itching so much it was actually painful. I think my scalp must have got inflamed. I stopped the rinse and continued with the Kerastase as normal. No joy. It continued to hurt and flake like mad. In the end I considered if it was my shampoo. I have just switched to E45 Dry Scalp Shampoo and what a relief!!! The itching and hurting has stopped. The flaking is still there at the moment but not as bad as scratching from itching makes it worse in my opinion. I have only been using it for a couple of weeks so far.

Now I am left thinking it may have been the Kerastase that was causing my scalp to itch. Has anyone else had that experience?

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 17, 2006 3:03 am      Reply with quote
I have never heard of E45 Dry Scalp Shampoo. Where did you purchase it?

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 18, 2006 12:51 am      Reply with quote
To me it sounds like you may be reacting to the detergent in the shampoo - SLS - sodium lauryl sulfate hmm -

I had this problem and thought it was dandruff - but it turns out that I react to most of the SLS's out there.

The ACV + Green tea rinse should be helping - my hair and scalp love this - make sure the ingredients are organic.

You may want to try sulfate free shampoos - HTH Smile
littlebo
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 18, 2006 2:38 am      Reply with quote
Tisa,

Thanks for the tip. I will see if that ingredient is present in the shampoo. I am a bit disapointed cos I love that shampoo, but my scalp does feel so much better! I think I might go back to the AVC and green tea after a while. I think my scalp was really inflamed so the vinegar was stinging.

Mammamia,

I am in the UK and I am not sure if this is a UK only brand. They do creams and lotions for very dry skin and skin conditions.

Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:59 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |