Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Amazing results...JB Green Apple peel!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Twinmommy
5% products discount

Thu Aug 17, 2006 12:51 am      Reply with quote
After reading so many great reviews on this board, I decided to order the JB Green Apple peal-Sensitive and just received it 2 weeks ago. I have only applied it twice to date and cannot believe how much smoother and shinier my face looks/feels.

Not sure if you remember, I had posted that I used a paste of salt and vinegar on my acne and it dried everything up.

Well the peel has smoothed out the dryness and even cleared some of the scarring. At first I didn't think it would work since I felt no burning/redness as other ppl had reported. But then I thought that it might be because I bought the sensitive one, but whatever the case may be, I am just happy I found something that actually does what it promises.

Highly recommend!
jlrobatzek
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 17, 2006 5:15 am      Reply with quote
That's great. I love this stuff too. I still haven't tryed the vinegar and salt yet. I keep forgetting about it. I'm going to have to write myself a note to remind myself. Did you find the peel was too drying after the salt & vinegar? Did you wait awhile in between?
Twinmommy
5% products discount

Thu Aug 17, 2006 9:48 am      Reply with quote
jlrobatzek wrote:
Did you find the peel was too drying after the salt & vinegar? Did you wait awhile in between?

The peel is not drying at all...I am not sure if you use the sensisitve or regular one but I was prepared for it to burn and for my face to turn red and that was not the case at all. As far as the salt and vinegar paste...I haven't done that in a while. I did it for about a week and a half and it got rid of all the acne, but left the area dry.

So I was hoping that the green apple peel would smooth that out which is exactly what it did. Good luck! I hope u see/feel a difference.
KARINA
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 17, 2006 11:36 am      Reply with quote
This is still on my shopping list Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
ariesxtreme
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 17, 2006 12:29 pm      Reply with quote
Okay, I have this and do it about 1-2 times a week and like it. Maybe I have a little but more stubborn skin, but the first time, my face got a little pink like everyone else and now it's lessened. Think my skins used to it. Think I may need to go stronger and actually purchase like a 30-40% glycolic peel.

But for those that are thinking about it, I'd recommend it. My skin was glowing after even the first time I used it.

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 17, 2006 1:02 pm      Reply with quote
can someone tell me the steps of how to apply this (like how long you leave it on your face and how does it look like is it like a gel type cream)
ariesxtreme
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 17, 2006 1:07 pm      Reply with quote
You just basically apply a decent layer, not too thin, but not too much all over your face. I usually leave it on for about 15 min. You'll feel a tingling and or stinging sensation at first, that'll go away.

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 17, 2006 3:39 pm      Reply with quote
Thank aries, I have another question for anyone who has used this product. Has anyone used this on anywhere else besides their face?

Also anyone experienced brightening from this product?
jlrobatzek
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 18, 2006 8:29 am      Reply with quote
Twinmommy

Thanks for the salt/vinegar idea. I had a painful cystic hormonal pimple on the end of my chin. Last night I did ACV and salt for 30 minutes, then put a little Murad clay mask on it over night. This morning it is about 75% gone.

ariesxtreme

I don't feel that tingle the everyone else does either, but I've noticed that the peel does work. I'm almost through my first jar. (It lasted forever, and I do 2 peels a week.)
I just ordered a 30% glycolic peel sample size, just to see if it is that great of a difference. I'll let you know.
ariesxtreme
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 18, 2006 9:15 am      Reply with quote
COMPTON wrote:
Thank aries, I have another question for anyone who has used this product. Has anyone used this on anywhere else besides their face?

No I have yet to, for some reason I don't feel like spending a small jar that cost $40 which isn't all that on anywhere but my face Laughing

It's more of a glowing effect rather than a brightening if that makes any sense.

jlrobatzek, may I ask where you purchased your peel? I think I was looking on the platnium skincare site since everyone's been talking about it and may purchase it from there, seems fairly reasonable for the kit they supply.

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 18, 2006 9:23 am      Reply with quote
ariesxtreme,

I ordered it from Makeup Artist's choice. I bought the 30% trial size kit (1/2oz) which is the prep and the peel for $17.75. I also bought the 1/2 oz Copper Peptide serum for $10. I don't want to invest in full sizes until I know if my skin likes this stuff.
ariesxtreme
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 18, 2006 9:34 am      Reply with quote
jlrobatzek wrote:
ariesxtreme,

I ordered it from Makeup Artist's choice. I bought the 30% trial size kit (1/2oz) which is the prep and the peel for $17.75. I also bought the 1/2 oz Copper Peptide serum for $10. I don't want to invest in full sizes until I know if my skin likes this stuff.

Oooh thank you! I've been looking for some CP. I bought the Neutrogena one, which is first generation, but will give it a try for only $10.

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 18, 2006 10:23 am      Reply with quote
I've heard quite alot about this JB apple peel, where can I purchase it from? My skins quite oily at mo, and I'm suffering from the odd breakout, I also have a couple of dark pigmentation marks. would the mask be good for me?

I'm also waiting for my coppper peptide from platinum sKincare. I've only heard of all these products because of the forums and it sooooo exciting. Although I am a little worried i'll end up putting a million products on my poor face and end up looking worst!! Embarassed

Oh we'll all be looking sooooo fabulous!!

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 18, 2006 3:32 pm      Reply with quote
Hi preenie,

EDS carries the Juice Beauty Green Apple Peel. Smile
preenie
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 19, 2006 8:40 am      Reply with quote
aaaaH it's called Juice, I was looking for JB Rolling Eyes
Cheers

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 19, 2006 9:39 am      Reply with quote
COMPTON wrote:
I have another question for anyone who has used this product. Has anyone used this on anywhere else besides their face?

I experienced brightening, even more so than glow.

Also just yesterday I've been thinking to apply it all over my body (I mean shoulders & chest Confused ) because for me its a pretty big jar - I used it 3 times but it still look pretty full. Also the best thing with this mask (IMHO) - is how smooth my skin feels after. I can't stop toching myself Embarassed

Also I was wondering if it is safe/smart/recomended to use this mask on a neck. I think I have very thin & sensitive skin on my neck, so I am not sure if the peel will be too much.
cherbearvx
5% products discount

Sat Aug 19, 2006 11:17 am      Reply with quote
great! i am lemming the sensitive version as well but was not sure if it'll keeps up to the full srength version. now i can start saving to buy it ;P

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 19, 2006 11:33 am      Reply with quote
cherbearvx wrote:
great! i am lemming the sensitive version as well but was not sure if it'll keeps up to the full srength version. now i can start saving to buy it ;P

I have somewhat sensitive skin and I am using JB peel in full strength & it tingles a bit but doesn't make my skin red at all.

Could someone who used both versions (sensitive & full strength) compare those two please!?
isachris
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 19, 2006 8:25 pm      Reply with quote
what is the best product of JB?i am dry skin
manslayerliz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 20, 2006 7:22 am      Reply with quote
Shantel- if you're using the full strength without any problems I would recommend to keep using it, since you'll see benefits more quickly that way.

isachris- That's a hard question to answer without knowing more about your skin. However, if dry skin is your only problem you might think about trying the Nutrient Moisturizer. HTH!

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 20, 2006 7:37 am      Reply with quote
manslayerliz wrote:
Shantel- if you're using the full strength without any problems I would recommend to keep using it, since you'll see benefits more quickly that way.

Manslayerliz, do you know if it is safe/smart/beneficial to apply JB peel to a neck? I am not really sure if a sensitive neck skin does need a peel at all Think . I am just loving this peel & want apply it over Rolling Eyes
manslayerliz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 20, 2006 7:48 am      Reply with quote
hmmm...sorry, I have no idea about that one, shantel! Still, if fines lines etc are a concern for you on the neck, you could try just applying it for a few min and see see what happens--- I don't see too much of a problem with it. HTH!

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 20, 2006 8:36 am      Reply with quote
I've used the peel on my neck before. Only a thin layer, and it was fine. Though i'm not sure that I would do so continually, but as long as you don't over do it, i'm sure it's fine to use it on your neck.
freefall2
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 20, 2006 9:32 am      Reply with quote
I just ordered this. I was feeling vulnerable because I just saw my face in that perfectly brutal light that shows every mark and scar. Ugghhh!

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 20, 2006 1:45 pm      Reply with quote
i've got to get me some of this!!!!
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:10 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |