Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml)
Plane Travel - Packing or other tips?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
appletini
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 17, 2006 9:41 am      Reply with quote
I travel quite often, mostly short trips of 3 to 4 days, and would like to imagine I’ve got it down to a fine art but would love to hear some ideas from others here, whether tips for packing light or things that make the flight more bearable?

I’m assuming “normal” circumstances, without the current hand carry restrictions which hopefully will end soon.

Here’s one of my current favs - always take a few herbal teabags in your handbag and ask for a cup of hot water and DIY. This one has made a HUGE difference to me as I feel much better after some peppermint tea than the vile sludge that passes for coffee/tea on most flights.
manslayerliz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 17, 2006 11:46 am      Reply with quote
Here are my tips:

Bring a face mister so your face won't get too dry---this is a trick Japanese stewardesses taught me. (I used to bring an Evian mister but these days I bring Caudalie Grape Water.)

Bring some kind of wrap or pashmina--- the place can get chilly, and using your own wrap is nicer than using the ones on the plane.

Hand sanitizer or antibacterial wipes--- planes are a hotbed of germs and we all know that it's next to impossible to get thoroughly clean at those sinks.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 17, 2006 3:22 pm      Reply with quote
For the flight, I always carry a small tin of shea butter (L'Occitane) to use as lip balm and handcream and general moisturising.I get the lavender one so I can rub it on my wrists and behind my ears and I am in my little scented bubble though it is delicate enough not to be intrusive to anyone else.
I second the antiseptic hand wipes.

I pack very light in general. I take a cabin bag (though normally check it in) which can last me up to two weeks. Makeup wise if it doesn't fit in my Trish McEvoy petite planner, it doesn't come. Skincare wise, I have a small washbag with travel sizes (I've decanted).
alice~in~wonderland
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 17, 2006 4:39 pm      Reply with quote
[quote="manslayerliz"]Here are my tips:

Bring a face mister so your face won't get too dry---this is a trick Japanese stewardesses taught me. (I used to bring an Evian mister but these days I bring Caudalie Grape Water.)
quote]

That comes in a bottle though, does it not?
appletini
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 18, 2006 9:41 am      Reply with quote
I must start carrying the antiseptic wipes again, good idea. Haven't carried them since the SARS problem a couple years back.

Also, if I'm flying economy, which unfortunately most times I do, I always request an aisle seat as close to the front as possible. That way you're off the plane first on landing and hopefully can make it to immigration before there's a long queue.
manslayerliz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 18, 2006 10:53 am      Reply with quote
Yup Ulana, you're right, it comes in a bottle. I guess it's a no-no during heightened security, but when things go back to normal I'm sure it will be fine to carry one. The Caudalie bottle I carry is the travel-size, so it fits nicely in my purse.^-^

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 19, 2006 8:53 pm      Reply with quote
is there much difference between evian spritz and Caudalie's grape water??
appletini
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 20, 2006 12:44 am      Reply with quote
I used to use Evian, but now use Kosmea or Renew rosewater mist.
Belle
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 20, 2006 6:23 am      Reply with quote
I travel pretty much every week and try to keep everything in my handluggage, unless I am going away for more than a week. I cannot stand waiting for my luggage to come off a plane etc.

packing tips:
- Three tops for every one bottom. People remember tops vs bottoms.
- decant all big bottles into small bottles. Pack everything in ziplock bags and then inside one big ziplock bags
- if you travel alot invest in great luggage, go with black as it hides the marks. My preference is Travelpro.
- if you are checking in luggage, have a spare outfit in your handluggage.

flying;
- make sure you enroll in a frequent flyer programme - ie, aircanada's aeroplan
go to seatguru.com to check out which are the best seats on the plane. Try and book your seat on-line.
- check in online and print your boarding pass. it is super easy and saves lots of time.
- create an on-line flight notification to your cell/blackberry for both flights -- that way you get a "heads up" if you are delayed. For my last 8 flights I have been delayed! or call/check on-line to see if there are delays
- try and get on the plane asap, that way there is room for your handluggage in the overhead storage
- with the current situation have all your toiletries ready to go in your luggage if you can;t take them on the plane. Dont make a big drama of this.
- long haul = window seat [easier to sleep]
- short haul = aisle seat [can walk around, go to the washroom etc]
- wear layers. pack socks. planes are unpredictable with their temperatures. Don't dress up thinking you are going to get an upgrade as that rarely happens and most carriers use this as a perk for their top flyers. Dress comfortably.
- pack snacks
- carry purell
- DO NOT TOUCH the bathroom door handle! if you do, use the purell heavily!
- I drink a bottle of Evian with an Emergen-C/Berocca in it on each flight .. just a ritual!
- be friendly, relaxed and nice to the staff working on the plane.

I am sure I have a lot more, but just can't think without more coffee!
manslayerliz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 20, 2006 7:30 am      Reply with quote
Great tips, Belle!! I always use antibacterial handwipes to open the bathroom door, haha! That way my hands stay clean and the door handle gets a little cleaner for the next person.

To answer your question, gosa, I think the Evian spritz and Caudalie Grape Water are about the same--- they both contain minerals, but the Caudalie also contains grape antioxidants so I think it kind of edges out Evian there. Plus I like the smell...^-^

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 20, 2006 8:51 am      Reply with quote
I second the hand sanitizer and take both the liquid and mini-cloths. Will use either depending on situation.

I could not, however, travel without earplugs. Keeps the roar of the plane and crying children far, far away when I'm reading or sleeping.
appletini
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 22, 2006 9:37 am      Reply with quote
Some great ideas there, belle and all.
Seems I'm not the only one with "door handle phobia" Laughing Actually mine extends way behind door handles - ATM machines, lift buttons, phones, you name it.

Oh, I thought of something else. When packing creams/liquids packaged in tubes or plastic bottles, squeeze the excess air out of the container and screw the lid back on tight. Not sure exactly how this works, but it seems to prevent the leakages/explosions caused by the changes in air pressure. I've never had a product leak since doing this.
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:25 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |