Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

::Review:: La Prairie De-sensitizing Serum *RAVE*
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
sormuimui
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 17, 2006 4:08 pm      Reply with quote
I've used up 2 samples of this and on my third. Received these in a swap and it's time for a full-fledged RAVE!!!

This is a VERY light gel textured serum - I've also been using my sample of Dermalogica's Medicated Gel and I'd have to say it's along the same lines in terms of thinness but LP is more watery.

This is supposed to calm red/irritated skin, destresses the skin to not overreact and balance the skin bringing it back to the way it was before the irritation. It supposedly contains 15 Antioxidants but my sample does not have the ingredient list and I have had trouble finding it, but it hasn't done any harm to my skin so it's not a big problem to me.

My skin has been a bit inflamed from overactive acne and most parts of my cheeks has been red, so much that it looks like rosacea. I've been using Phyto Corrective Gel which is supposed to help calm my skin down, which it does but not HALF as well as the LP. Prior to using it I did some research of what it was for (since I got my samples as extras from a swap) and read all the RAVES on MUA. Now I've used it *ALMOST* consistently for a few weeks and have GOT to say I AM GOING TO PURCHASE THE FULL SIZE!!! It has a huge pricetag of 160USD but now I feel like I can no longer do without it. After a week of usage almost ALL my redness is GONE!!! I had some flakes on my overactive acne as well which my AHAs and Peels were helping to get rid of but the LP really hydrated my skin and I generally don't have the flakes anymore and any dryness I get from healing acne just peels off really quickly with no problems and no residual flakeys in the surrounding area. I find this product also HEALS very well and I think that's why it's so soothing. I actually prefer this over both my O2 and Phyto Corrective and any other healing products I've tried. In terms of similar lines I completely like this about 100x more than Valmont's Dermatosic Serum which I had LIKED. I think they're supposed to do the same thing but Valmont is much thicker and more of a cream texture while this one is SUPER LIGHT gel texture which is a perfect match for my combination skin. With this I feel like I don't even need my O2 (but I like using it anyways so I'm still repurchasing my O2 Laughing ).

I don't think I can rave anymore about this product. It's my first LP product and even though it's a success from the experiences of other members and LP's huge pricetags I'm not too keen on trying its other products. But this one is a mustbuy, I don't even think I'll find something better than this, I definitely doubt I'm going to even LOOK for anything else for this purpose. I think this is definitely going to become a staple that I'll stick with for years to come just like my Valmont Nature Moiturizing with a Mask. I HIGHLY recommend this for all sensitive skinned people or those with problem skin - I THIS PRODUCT!!!
Sel
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 17, 2006 6:52 pm      Reply with quote
This sounds great. I asked for a sample of the Valmont product you mentioned with my last order, but now I really want to try this.

When have you been applying it?
Tosca
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 17, 2006 7:47 pm      Reply with quote
Wow!! This has to go on my list! Was your redness broken capillaries or irritation?
sormuimui
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 17, 2006 8:04 pm      Reply with quote
Sel wrote:
This sounds great. I asked for a sample of the Valmont product you mentioned with my last order, but now I really want to try this.

When have you been applying it?

I've applied it only in the AM, only in the PM and both. I like to use it in the AM the most but I find when I use it in the PM I wake up with NO REDNESS at all even after I've washed my face which was AMAZING. I still have to use up all of my Phyto Corrective though so I have to decide either AM/PM use but if I didn't have the other product I would definitely use this for BOTH. I think it works well after my ISC Active Serum too as a moisturizer and a soother.

Tosca: Mainly my redness was irritation. I have only a few broken capillaries (from pickin at my acne) near my jawline on one side of my face. It's not noticeable at all but I know it's there, that doesn't really give me much redness though so I can't say how this works on broken capillaries.
Tosca
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 17, 2006 8:07 pm      Reply with quote
Okay. Thanks! I still put it on my list.
TheresaL
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 18, 2006 7:20 am      Reply with quote
sormuimui before I read your review I was thinking that I really didn't need any more skincare products right now. But this product sounds ideal for my skin and I really want to try it!! I have general irritation and irritation from acne and it sounds like this product helps with both. How long do you think that the full size product would last if used twice a day? Also, is this supposed to be used everyday or just as needed? Do you need to use a moisturizer over this or is it moisturizing enough by itself? TIA
la vie en rose
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 18, 2006 8:04 am      Reply with quote
TheresaL -- i was going to comment that this seems to work very much like Remergent DNA Repair, but remembered that *that* didn't work for you. i think this could be ideal for you! since you have such sensitive skin, though, definitely get samples! as for the other questions, you really don't need much of the product at all so it should last a few months unless you slather it on (which i did in a sunburn emergency). it can be used on an as needed basis but with your skin, you might be better off using it daily. i didn't find it that moisturising (but it wasn't drying either), however, it did seem to prime my skin to receive moisturiser better so i needed less of that (if that makes any sense).

i really loved this stuff for when my skin was confused and/or burnt and irritated, but have since fallen in love with the DNA Repair Serum for doing the same thing. everybody is different, though, and this is a lovely product. it definitely works on getting rid of the redness better as well. (hmmmmmm, now tempted to try this again for my ever-blushing chest area.)
sormuimui
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 18, 2006 10:06 am      Reply with quote
For me this is moisturizing enough on its own (my skin can't take moisturizers anyways) but it depends on your skintype. I have combination skin that used to be oily so if you have dry skin you might want to add a moisturizer on top. I know LP has a Nurturing Cream in the same line which I have samples for but just haven't tried yet, maybe I'll give it a try later on and report back. The serum comes in a 1oz tube which for ME will last a very long time, at least 6 months because I find you need very little and the spread is great. I'm pretty sure you can use it both as an emergency product or daily. But I'm not sure the shelf-life of this when opened and I like this too much I'd probably use this everyday.
TheresaL
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 18, 2006 11:07 am      Reply with quote
sormuimui, la vie en rose thanks for your replies. I am definetly going to get a sample of this!

sormuimui please do report back on the Nurturing Cream. I would like to know if you are as impressed with that as you are with the serum.

la vie en rose I am glad to hear that the DNA Repair is working so well for you! Smile
TheresaL
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 22, 2006 1:19 pm      Reply with quote
For those who are interested here is a complete list of ingredients for the serum:

Ingredients: Water (Aqua), Glycerin, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Cyclomethicone, Avena Sativa (Oat) Kernel Extract, Bisabolol, Betaglucan, Algae Extract, Artemisia Vulgaris (Mugwort) Extract, Lactitol, Xylitol, Perilla Ocymoides Leaf Extract, Camellia Sinensis (Green Tea) Leaf Extract, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Extract, Tocopheryl Acetate, Tocopherol, Aminopropyl Ascorbyl Phosphate, Trehalose, Arginine, Lysine, Glycyrrhiza Glabra (Licorice) Root Extract, Glycoproteins*, Panax Ginseng Root Extract*, Equisetum Arvense (Horsetail) Extract*, Retinyl Palmitate, Ubiquinone, Beta-Carotene, Macadamia Ternifolia Seed Oil, Mannitol, Glutamine, Acetyl Cysteine, Ascorbic Acid, Propyl Gallate, Dimethyl Sulfone, Pyridoxine HCl, Niacinamide, Cyanocobalamin, Spirulina Platensis Extract, Sambucus Nigra (Elderflower) Flower Extract, Melissa Officinalis (Balm Mint) Leaf Extract, Calendula Officinalis Flower Extract, Rosa Canina (Dog Rose) Fruit Extract, Echinacea Purpurea (Coneflower) Extract, Scutellaria Galericulata (Skullcap) Extract, Morus Nigra (Mulberry) Root Extract, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Fruit Extract, Xanthan Gum, Propylene Glycol, Butylene Glycol, Anthemis Nobilis (Chamomile) Flower Oil, Disodium EDTA, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Palmitic Acid, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Thioctic Acid, Triethanolamine, Alcohol, Phenoxyethanol, Chlorphenesin, Methylparaben, Benzoic Acid

* La Prairie’s exclusive Cellular Complex

BTW I got this by emailing La Prairie and have to say I was impressed with their quick replies to my emails! I requested a sample of this from Neiman Marcus and should be getting it any day now. I plan on buying the full size if the sample works for me.
ahau
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 22, 2006 1:56 pm      Reply with quote
Isn't it super pricy?
sormuimui
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 22, 2006 3:09 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for the ingredients! I still have one sample left - I go through the samples so quickly, they're SO tiny. Anyways I'm definitely purchasing for sure, just not sure when since I feel bad purchasing before my Phyto Corrective is used up.

ahau: As written in my review it costs $160USD for the 1oz (30mL) bottle
TheresaL
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 02, 2006 11:42 am      Reply with quote
Well I got my samples and finally tried this serum. All I can say is that this is not going to work for me. Sad I used this two days both morning and night and it does irritate my skin. I experienced a mild stinging sensation when I put this on, it made my Proheal serum sting when I put it on (it does not normally do this), my face felt a little itchy and "picky" for hours after I applied this and my cheeks are feeling quite irritated from this. *sigh* I will say that this is not the first time that my skin has reacted to a product specifically designed for sensitive skin and unfortunatly it probably will not be the last time either! I did like the texture though. Very light and easy to apply yet still somewhat moisturizing. However, I did need to apply another moisturizer over this.
la vie en rose
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 02, 2006 11:49 am      Reply with quote
so sorry, Theresa. i was really hoping it would work for you!!! Sad i'm going to check out an Avene product that is supposed to be miraculous for red, stressed skin (my scar is going a bit mad right now). will let you know if it works.
sormuimui
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 02, 2006 1:37 pm      Reply with quote
I'm sorry it didn't work for you too. And I never had that problem with Proheal either (but I use Proheal before it). But I guess I don't have particularly sensitive skin and I'm more oily and moisturizers have never worked for me. I really hope you find something that works well for you.
TheresaL
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 03, 2006 4:04 pm      Reply with quote
la vie en rose, sormuimui; One of these days I will find something that works. The Sanoflore Night Cream works very well for me and I can put it on my skin when it is extremely red and irritated with no problem but the cream is greasy and cannot be used during the day or during the summer rainy season. Perhaps if I can just find a product like this to use during the day. Maybe I will check out their day cream. There is a Kanebo Soothing Cream that I also want to check out. I have been using the Kanbeo Emulsions and these are well tolerated by my skin and can actually be used day and night, so maybe the Soothing Cream would be a good option for times when my skin really needs help. I will report back on any amazing discoveries for my sensitive skin. la vie, let me know how the Avene goes.
miranets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 10, 2006 2:41 pm      Reply with quote
Well here is an experience of trying to approach La Prairie here in New Zealand. We have in all, I think about 5 LP counters in the whole of the country, and the 'flagship' of these are like the size of a small perpendicular corner, usually manned by some stern cut throat SA.

Most pharmacies/dep. stores here are very begrudging on samples, even with purchases. I went in and looked at the serum range, and I couldn't believe the price!!! $330 NZD ($210USD).

They refused to give out samples without a purchase... so I turned to ebay and bought some which ended up cheaper per ml than on Strawberrynet.

I have been using this for the past 4 days, and at first it didn't seem to do anything for the redness in my cheeks. But now I'm really starting to notice something. I normally have irritated skin right after I apply and layer skin products, but now I actually look rather pale without the flushing I'm used to seeing.

So I will persevere with the remaining samples (1 sachet lasts 3 uses for me and I don't use sparingly).

I think this is a treatment which will give long term results rather than instant calming effects.
miranets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 17, 2006 4:51 pm      Reply with quote
Ok, I have been using this for about 11 days morning and night.

I am really pleased with the results, there has been a dramatic improvement in redness.. not one of those 'hmm I think I see something' changes.

I'm not sure if I will purchase full size, as I have a lot of DIY ingredients to make a similar serum without the fillers.

I will try my home-made version after samples are finished, and if successful I will post the recipe.
Tosca
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 18, 2006 4:51 pm      Reply with quote
Miranets, what type of redness do you have, and what was the cheaper product taht you bought?
miranets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 19, 2006 12:44 pm      Reply with quote
I have redness that seems to be brought on by heat/excessive touching, and I do have a few broken caps around my cheeks, it is caused by years of over-zealous scrubbing and harsh skincare.

The 'cheaper product' was going to be a DIY version of LP's serum.
Tosca
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 19, 2006 2:33 pm      Reply with quote
Okay, thanks! I think we have different redness, but I may try the DIY anyway.
miranets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 20, 2006 12:36 pm      Reply with quote
One of the reasons I didn't want to buy the LP full size was because of the dimethicone.. which is pretty high up in the list. I think it may be product buildup that's clogging my pores, because once I did a mask a few days ago I got blocked pores a day later in places I would normally ever get them (the cheek area close to the nose).

Hey Tosca, have you tried Skin Active's Rosacea serum? It has epidermal growth factors in it, and all the regular good stuff like licorice, green tea etc. It's only $9.95 for the small size. I have seen quite good feedback on the site's forum, and they are working to patent the product.
Tosca
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 20, 2006 2:07 pm      Reply with quote
No miranets, I haven't tried the Skin Active. For that price, I'll definitely give it a try! Thanks for the tip!
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 18, 2024 12:16 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |