Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

The elusive J. Crew School of Fish Dress
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
Olyn
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 18, 2006 1:40 am      Reply with quote
This dress is driving me crazy. I saw it in Shop magagine months ago and have been looking for it ever since! It was sold out online immediately. I have been to at least 10 of the stores (regular and outlet) looking for it. Nothing. I had seen it on ebay a few times but rarely in my size and I kept getting sniped when I did bid on it. I wanted to snatch it up to wear for my birthday (next weekend) but it looks like I'm running out of time. Sad Has anyone seen it? I'm looking for a size 2 but a 4 would work too.

manslayerliz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 18, 2006 6:51 am      Reply with quote
Why do clothing companies DO this to us???? This happened to me once with a gorgeous faux fur coat. My size was sold out right away, I called 10 different stores with no sucess, and couldn't even find it on ebay! What's this world coming to? Cute dress btw, I will keep my eyes peeled for you!

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 18, 2006 7:05 am      Reply with quote
Olyn,

Next time I'm in J Crew I'll look for it. I can easily access about 3 different locations here in Chicago

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 18, 2006 9:33 am      Reply with quote
Thanks guys. I know it's probably too late now, but like I said, it's driving me crazy! I don't know why clothing companies do this either. Someone told me it was shown in another magazine too, which I'm sure makes demand even higher. Brick wall
ariesxtreme
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 18, 2006 9:49 am      Reply with quote
Do you have the model number of the name of the dress? May have to track it down this way.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 18, 2006 11:39 am      Reply with quote
I'll look around too - I'll be out shopping tomorrow.

Can I just say a size 2 or 4? I couldn't get my left thigh into a 2 or 4... Rolling Eyes

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 18, 2006 8:39 pm      Reply with quote
Ariesxtreme,
I don't have the # for the dress, but I do know it is called, "Martine School of Fish Dress". Martine is the style, and School of Fish is the name, I believe. That is all the info I have right now, but I will work on trying to find a # for it.

And Candy8865, thanks for looking! And you are too funny. I only hope I look as good as you do if/when I have kids! I picture myself going quickly insane.
TooInvolved
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 18, 2006 9:37 pm      Reply with quote
This happened to me once too! It was a Ralph Lauren one shoulder cashmere sweater. I finally got it on Ebay for a great deal though.
Agent OO-CAT
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 19, 2006 5:16 am      Reply with quote
Olyn, I'll be in Boston today. I'll look for it. It looks beautiful.
alice~in~wonderland
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 19, 2006 1:18 pm      Reply with quote
ohhh what a cute dress!!!!
Agent OO-CAT
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 19, 2006 3:21 pm      Reply with quote
Olyn, I have a leadd on the dress. I'll PM you.
Olyn
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 20, 2006 5:08 am      Reply with quote
Ok, first of all I wanted to thank everyone so much for looking for the dress on my behalf, and also for the nice comments!!! I was sincerely blown away by everyone's responses and kept bragging to my SO about how nice everyone was to keep an eye out for this dress for me. I had really accepted that I would probably Not be able to acquire the dress, especially in time for my birthday...I figured my post would be more of a rant punctuating the end of my search Crying or Very sad .

But...

Agent 00-Cat Angel came through with some secret agent sleuthing (appropriate, no?) and located the dress for me!!! It is supposed to arrive in 3-5 days. I am of course, beyond thrilled Dancing Dancing Dancing . And my SO is so happy that the search is over (I dragged him into J Crews in 4 states) that he is treating me to the dress, as part of my birthday present Very Happy ! Thank you again, Agent 00-Cat!!!
Agent OO-CAT
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 20, 2006 7:16 am      Reply with quote
You're welcome Olyn. Glad to be of help. And, I'm so pleased your husband got it for you. Good man!!!!

Happy Birthday!!!! Have a great one!!! XOXOXOXOXO
manslayerliz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 20, 2006 7:25 am      Reply with quote
Yay!!! I'm so glad you got the dress!!! EDS ladies rock!

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 24, 2006 1:07 pm      Reply with quote
Update:

The UPS man just delivered my dress! It's here (with 2 days to spare, woo!)!!! I tried it on and it is adorable, as anticipated Laughing . Thanks again to everyone! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
c4ward
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 25, 2006 4:56 pm      Reply with quote
So cute !! I want it too Very Happy !
sharky
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 26, 2006 4:30 pm      Reply with quote
Congrats! It's a great looking dress.
alexz

Thu Mar 26, 2009 11:12 am      Reply with quote
Hello everybody. I am looking for such dress Smile Maybe somebody want to sell it? Any size and condition (I will buy prewoned too). Let me know, please, I will buy it for your price. Thank you in advance!
roboeuni

Sat May 30, 2009 12:20 am      Reply with quote
I know it's been a while since this posting but do you guys know if i could still find this dress and where? Thank you! Smile
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 12:20 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |