Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)
Burt's Bees Lemon Butter Cuticle Cream
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
Emma2006
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 18, 2006 4:52 am      Reply with quote
This product is excellent.
I use it at night and in the morning my cuticles are definately softened and not raggedy.
It smells yummy too.
Very Happy
rosebud
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 18, 2006 8:29 am      Reply with quote
I have been using this throughout the summer and after a week all the ridges on my toe nails just disapeared, well worth buying, I have not found anything else that matches up to this for conditioning nails.

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 18, 2006 11:33 am      Reply with quote
Good to hear it. I just bought it yesterday!
triry
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 18, 2006 3:02 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for the tip. I'll try and buy myself one and see if gives me the same result that you've all had.
Sel
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 18, 2006 3:34 pm      Reply with quote
I've been using Nailtiques and although it's helped my nails it makes my cuticles so dry and rough. They hurt. May give this product a go. I really like some of the Burts Bees products mentioned on here recently. Thanks for the review
Mabsy

Fri Aug 18, 2006 4:38 pm      Reply with quote
I like this as well. Thank you for reminding me about it, I haven't used it in a while but I really should!
lifeisbeautiful
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 18, 2006 7:32 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks a lot for the reminder. Like Mabsy, I have it put away in some drawer Embarassed . I will dig it out and see how it compares with the one from L'Occitane (which is also a good one in a more handy tube). I bought it on line for US$4.00 - one thing L'Occitane surely cannot beat!

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 18, 2006 9:13 pm      Reply with quote
The only trouble is it smells so yummy that I'm worried it'll start me biting my nails again.
Very Happy
lcd
5% products discount

Sat Aug 19, 2006 12:07 pm      Reply with quote
Another great cuticle cream is the Avon Mira-Cuticle Vanishing Complex Antiseptic/Skin Protectant. Leaves your nails looking like you've just had a manicure every time you apply it.
Rufus
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 21, 2006 5:42 pm      Reply with quote
lcd wrote:
Another great cuticle cream is the Avon Mira-Cuticle Vanishing Complex Antiseptic/Skin Protectant. Leaves your nails looking like you've just had a manicure every time you apply it.

I tried the Burts stuff and hated it, I too use the Avon Mira-C.
triry
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 24, 2006 1:50 am      Reply with quote
I am curious enough about this product that I have decided that I will buy one for myself. I have a busy schedule so I will have to probably buy it online.
Emma2006
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 24, 2006 2:35 am      Reply with quote
Rufus wrote:
lcd wrote:

I tried the Burts stuff and hated it, I too use the Avon Mira-C.

I bought this from ebay yesterday. I love the Burt's Bees but i needed to try the Avon one too.
Laughing
Rufus
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 24, 2006 8:26 pm      Reply with quote
Emma2006 wrote:
I bought this from ebay yesterday. I love the Burt's Bees but i needed to try the Avon one too.
Laughing

I do like some of the other products in the Burt's Bees line like the Evening Primrose cream. I don't like much in the Avon stuff as I've been put off by some of the fragrances they use. The only things Avon I have are the Vit A stick and the Cuticle cream.
itisme
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 27, 2006 2:16 pm      Reply with quote
My favorite also, can't live without it during winter (summer it might be a little sticky). My fingers actually peel a lot (dont know why..). My friend recommended this to me and then the peel won't bother me again! Will buy again and again.

Age 27. Combination. Dry for winter and oil for summer. Acne prone. Uneven tone.Aging, worry about losing firmness.-------------------------I believe in that there is nobody else having worse skin than me. I keep looking for products can give me smooth, acne free yet soothing, firm, and radiant look.
c4ward
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 27, 2006 2:21 pm      Reply with quote
Emma 2006- I'm going to have to try it. Thanks for the review!
rosewater
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 27, 2006 3:10 pm      Reply with quote
A fantastic product and smells absolutely delicious Drool
Goofygal
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 27, 2006 4:49 pm      Reply with quote
Tried this several years ago. It smells great but didn't do much for my cuticles and nails though. Maybe I should give it a shot again.
milodomi
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 27, 2006 10:43 pm      Reply with quote
it's very moisturizing and smells lemony fresh
Laughing
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 28, 2006 7:24 am      Reply with quote
I used the Burt's and it was good, but too lemony. The badger cuticle cream is more soothing to me and seems to soak in better.

Fri Oct 13, 2006 8:48 pm      Reply with quote
My mom and I both have the same problem with hand creams making our cuticles hard. This nail cream is terrific - the best I've used. My nails seems to be healthier and grow more quickly. The fact that it doesn't make our cuticles hard is a definite plus! I like the lemony smell, and it sinks in nicely after a short bit.
sissyp
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 13, 2006 9:43 pm      Reply with quote
will have to give this a try. my hands and nails are horrible after gardening and chasing dogs all summer and now that the cold weather is starting it will only get worse. I've never used cuticle creams before so will get this next time I see it. Yay, another excuse to shop. Very Happy
majorb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 15, 2006 11:09 am      Reply with quote
Burt's Bees Lemon Cuticle Creme was another product I was given to test by beautybible.com, and here's my verdict.

This comes in a cute, round little tin, very handy for popping into your handbag for use on the go, or for leaving by your bedside.

When I was a little girl, I had an embarrassing habit of sitting for ages, sniffing lemon soaps. Well, I could do exactly the same with this stuff - it smells delicious! It reminds me so much of the scent of lemon curd.

Inside the tin is a waxy, balm-like substance, rather than what I would call a creme. You need to rub your finger over it to warm it up slightly to get some of the product out of the tin.

For my test, I used the creme on the nails and cuticles of my right hand only. This was for a period of a month.

When I compared both hands, I noticed that the cuticles on my right hand (to which I'd applied the creme) were very much softer than those on my left, and the nails appeared in good condition. However, I was shocked to see that, even though I had cut the nails on both hands to the same length, those on my right hand were considerably shorter!

So, in my experience, this creme was great for my cuticles and made my nails look healthy - but seemed to stop them growing as long as those on my untreated hand. Very strange!

I'm not terribly bothered about having long nails, so will keep on using this creme until it is finished. But I probably won't be re-purchasing, sadly.
gottaHAVEitALL
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 15, 2006 11:49 am      Reply with quote
Great product & very inexpensive! I have a jar in my night stand at all times.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 15, 2006 12:23 pm      Reply with quote
I'm gonna have to give this a go, I have the worst cuticles known to mankind.

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 15, 2006 12:27 pm      Reply with quote
Must get one, used to use a cuticle cream years ago. But now I just rub in my hand cream to my cuticles, since we have moved house twice in the last 3 years my new years resolution is to try and look after myself a bit more. Everything for the last 3 yeras has been - need this for the house, garden whatever. I said to the hubby, 2007 is me getting back in shape, getting the skin and hair nice again....so will buy this cuticle cream..thanks for the review sounds lovely.

Tue Apr 23, 2024 6:45 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |