Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml)
How exactly does Cellcosmet work??
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
TheresaL
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 18, 2006 10:17 am      Reply with quote
As most of you know I am a big Cellcosmet fan but I really don't understand how and why the products work so well. I know that they use bio-integral stabilized cells in their creams but exactly how do these cells benefit the skin. Take the eye cream for instance, this really seems to reduce fine lines and I know part of this is due to it's excellent hydrating abilities but there seems to be something else at work as I have used other eyecreams that are good at hydrating. I am thinking that the products might work in a way similar to growth factors but am not sure if this is right.

Anyone have any thoughts on this?
Janis
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 18, 2006 10:51 am      Reply with quote
Good question.

I'd like to see a full ingredients list -- does that exist anywhere on the Web?

Can't comment on results...yet. I'm picking up my first Cellcosmet cream tomorrow from the post office. I'm hoping I see results, and will keep everyone updated on that.
TheresaL
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 18, 2006 11:10 am      Reply with quote
Janis as far as I know you cannot find complete ingredient lists online for any Cellcosmet products. Are you getting the Eye Cream? I don't think you will be disappointed.
Janis
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 18, 2006 1:00 pm      Reply with quote
TheresaL wrote:
Janis as far as I know you cannot find complete ingredient lists online for any Cellcosmet products. Are you getting the Eye Cream? I don't think you will be disappointed.

Is it even legal for them not to release an ingredients list? What about peoples' allergies and stuff?

I'm actually getting the gel but got a free sample of the eye cream as well... so if I like it, I can reorder. Really curious to see if it can live up to the rave reviews...
TheresaL
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 18, 2006 1:38 pm      Reply with quote
Janis I don't know if it is a matter of them not releasing ingredient lists so much as the lists just not being available online anywhere. However, I must admit that my quest to find complete ingredient lists for the Cellcosmet products has been annoying. I requested them from EDS and they do not have them but said they would get them and get back to me but they never did. I even emailed Cellcosmet directly and they never got back to me. I honestly don't know why there is a seeming reluctance to have this stuff listed online. IMO there are no really bad ingredients in the Cellcosmet products. Fortunatly, almost all of the samples have complete ingredient lists so I was able to see ingredients for most of the prodcuts that I wanted. I know that the Eye Cream has a complete ingredient list on the sample. Some of the Cellcosmet reviews on the forum also have ingredinet lists.
skincareaddicted
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 18, 2006 3:50 pm      Reply with quote
Hi TheresaL--i am looking forward to hearing more about this, i ordered the cellcosmet trial set and it just arrived today, so i am excited for nighttime to fall so i can start applying Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 18, 2006 4:33 pm      Reply with quote
I have a theory about the eye cream based on nothing scientific at all Laughing if you're interested.

I find it plumps up the inner eye area beautifully, but doesn't work anywhere else. Plus it has zero effect on my tiny puffy fat bag in one corner of my left eye, in fact it seems to make it worse not better so I avoid it.

I think it contains some muscle plumping ingredient because there's no place on the face where the muscle and skin are so closely intertwined as the delicate eye area and the reason it doesn't do anything for my fatty pad is the muscle has completely broken down there - you can feel that if you try and exercise the area. The benefits I see are just like doing some of my eye exercises with extreme hydration added. Also the effects are immediate so I don't think it's growth factors.

This only accounts for the eye cream - the rest of it I don't know.

I like my theory, but you might not. Wink

Molly
Ninetynine
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 18, 2006 5:43 pm      Reply with quote
TheresaL

How long did it take before you noticed a reduction of your fine lines around your eyes? I am still waiting to see results - have been using it for 2 weeks.
TheresaL
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 18, 2006 5:43 pm      Reply with quote
Molly-any thoughts on what ingredient(s) might be causing the muscle plumping that you describe? Interesting point about the effects being immediate and growth factors. Honestly, I know very little about growth factors!

BTW the reduction in fine lines that I have experienced with the eye cream is pretty much wherever I apply it and even applies to my "baby" crows feet.
Ninetynine
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 18, 2006 5:45 pm      Reply with quote
That's really great result. I will scrutinise my eyes this tonight when I apply the cream and ultra complex Exclamation
TheresaL
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 18, 2006 5:46 pm      Reply with quote
Ninetynine wrote:
TheresaL

How long did it take before you noticed a reduction of your fine lines around your eyes? I am still waiting to see results - have been using it for 2 weeks.

We posted at the same time. I noticed the reduction in the fine lines right away. I think that this is mostly due to the fact that my skin was really dehydrated when I started using the eye cream. In all honesty most of the lines around my eyes are really fine lines that disappear when my skin is properly hydrated. The reason I love the Cellcosmet is that it hydrates my skin and makes those lines disappear even in the dry desert climate where I live. Other eye creams have not done this for me.
Ninetynine
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 18, 2006 5:50 pm      Reply with quote
I think it might a longer time for the cream for work for me as the lines under my eyes have been with me for quite a while. I blame them on contact lens.
tiger_tim
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 18, 2006 5:58 pm      Reply with quote
Re ingredients... of course they are all on the boxes. Laughing

If you look up the reviews you should find some ingredients lists... I know that mine for cleanser, toner, activator have them. Bushy may have listed in hers too. I have the ingredients for the Ultra gel here somewhere but have never purchased the full size eye cream so cannot help with that one, sorry.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 18, 2006 6:09 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Theresa

I don't have 'crows feet' as such more long-term crumples where my cheeks fold in on my face when I'm asleep at my lower eye corners.

Cellcosmet's never done anything for that. It literally only works for me on the very soft, true eye area. Tried it everywhere else and nothing.

I think maybe they've just cleverly combined DMAE with some super humectant/emolliant. Usually DMAE has negative effects on me especially my eye area. It dries my skin out and kind of bunches up any lines. I think this might be down to the muscles being rather dense from exercising. I had the same problem many years ago when I once had restylene (sp?) around my eyes - It was quite uneven and never spread out.

or it could just be fairy dust Laughing

Let's look at the ingredients
Skincare
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 18, 2006 6:23 pm      Reply with quote
Just trying to find the ingrediant list reminded me of Paula Begoun. She made comments frequently about how the companies and manufacturers would give her a hard time or not bother to reply at all. Confused
Ninetynine
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 18, 2006 6:50 pm      Reply with quote
I just checked on the boxes and the instructions/description leaflet inside the boxes of both the eye contour cream and the ultra complex but no ingredients are listed.
TheresaL
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 18, 2006 7:41 pm      Reply with quote
The ingredients for the eye cream are on the bottom of the box whether it is the full size or the sample they both have they ingredients on the bottom of the box. I only have a sample of the ultra complex which does not have the ingredients listed but I am sure that the full size would have them listed somewhere.

If I have the time I will type the ingredients for the Eye Cream.

Molly-I don't see DMAE listed as an ingredient for the eye cream. Is there another name for DMAE that I might be missing? (Other than dimethylaminoethanol that is? Wink )
Molly
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 18, 2006 7:55 pm      Reply with quote
Theresa
I know no other name for it.
Maybe they've discovered the new DMAE. We need to search their patents too Laughing
Can you share the ingredients?
Molly
Ninetynine
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 18, 2006 10:52 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for the tip. I have looked at the bottom of the boxes. Here's the ingredients for the ultra complex and the eye contour cream. I also have the boxes for the sensitive day cfeam, the exfoliant and the ultra vital. If you are interested, I can type them in too.

Ultra Complex Gel

water
hydrolyzed fibronectin
hydrolyzed glycosaminoglycans
glyceryl polymethacrylate
propylene glycol
guanosine
glycerin
cysteine
wheat (triticum vulgare)germ extract
PEG-40 hydrogenated castor oil
imidazolidinyl urea
matricaria (chamomilla recutita)extract
phenoxyethanol
hydroxyethycellulose
propylparaben
methylparaben
ethylparaben
fragance
disodium EDTA

eye contour cream

water
hydrogenated vegetable oil
glycerin
hydrolyzed fibronectin
hydrolyzed glycosaminoglycans
cetearyl ethylhexanoate
hydrolzed keratin
cetearyl alcohol
PEG-5 pentaerythrityl ether
PEG-8 C12-18 alkyl ester
PPG-25-Laureth-25
cetyl alcohol
fragrance
hydroxyethycellulose
glyceryl stearate
cetyl palmitate
sodium chloride
glucose
methylparaben
simethicone
tocopheryl acetate
ascorbyl palmitate
proplyparaben
potassium hydroxide
imidazolidinyl urea
magnesium chloride
ricinoleth-40

Hope I got the spelling right Exclamation
Molly
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 19, 2006 1:27 am      Reply with quote
You see! Didn't I say all along it must be the hydrolyzed glycosaminoglycans.

No, seriously thanks for typing that up Ninetynine Smile What can it all mean?!
Ninetynine
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 19, 2006 2:11 am      Reply with quote
Molly

I haven't got a clue Rolling Eyes
Molly
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 19, 2006 2:21 am      Reply with quote
Actually, I did already know what glycosaminoglycans were, but I didn't know you could introduce them to the skin topically and they'd do something. I find that quite surprising Shock

Here there's a lot of info in Paula Begoun's dictionary of ingredients
http://www.cosmeticscop.com/learn/dictionary.asp?TYPE=SEARCH&ID=G

For example

"glycoproteins. Cell-to-cell communicating ingredients created when a protein links with a carbohydrate. Glycoproteins play a critical role in the body with how various systems recover from internal and external stresses. They are also fundamentally involved in cellular repair, among other functions. But evidence that they can affect wrinkles in any way when applied topically just isn’t anywhere to be found in science. (Sources:www.glycoscience.com;www.anatomyatlases.org; The Journal of Immunology, November 1, 2000, pages 5295-5303 and September 1991, pages 1614-1620). Additionally, when glycoproteins are combined with saccharides they form substances that comprise the skin's intercellular matrix. This matrix keeps skin cells and the skin's structure intact, with glycoprotein derivatives such as polysaccharides and glycosaminoglycans such as hyaluronic acid. See mucopolysaccharide, natural moisturizing factors, and protein. "

have a hunt if you like, but I've got to go out.......
TheresaL
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 19, 2006 10:07 am      Reply with quote
I may be wrong here but I don't think it is possible for things like fibronectin, glycosaminoglycans, keratin or actin (found in Cellcosmet face creams) to be absorbed and integrated into the skin. I believe that they are larger molecules. The Cellcosmet website mentions that these substances stimulate and establish exchanges with skin cells. It sounds to me like they supposedly work by being cell-communicating ingredients. They tell the skin cells how to behave. This is just a guess on my part but it seems reasonable that this may be how they are supposed to work. Other examples of cell-communicating ingredients are niacinamide, adenosine triphosphate, and retinol, as well as tretinoin (I got this list from Paula Begoun's website). Cellcosmet says that their prodcuts are based on cellulotheraphy but I have no idea exactly what that is. Interestingly there is no information on the Cellcosmet website that points to any science to back up their claims. I don't even have any proof that they would be effective cell-communicating ingredients!

To be perfectly honest, I do not use the Cellcosmet products because they have any scientific backing. I use them because I like them. The eye cream does a great job of hydrating, the sensitive face cream is very comforting and does not irritate my skin. I like the Purifying Gel Cleanser because it cleanses without overdrying. I have several other Cellcosmet products that I haven't even tried yet (Active Tonic, Anti-Stress Mask) and one (Cream Cleanser) that I am trying to decide if my skin can tolerate. I guess the price point is not high enough for me to say "prove it" and the benefits I get from the prodcuts justify the cost. Now if I were to condider the vials I probalby would need to see proof because IMO they are very costly.

I would still like to know exactly how they are supposed to work though!!
Barbara Portno
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 19, 2006 5:13 pm      Reply with quote
Hi,
I have used the cellcosmet ultra vital, cream cleanser, (also the day and night sensitive creams) as well as eye cream for 4 years. If you have an immediate response, wonderful, but you really won't see any significant results for at least 6 months. I am the type that a plants grass seed and wants to know why it isn't green so I can mow~ it but the wait has been worth it for me. People always say, "You have beautiful skin". It definitely is an investment and I don't dare share my expenditures with my husband-he just would not understand Laughing !
Email if you have any questions.

Babs

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 19, 2006 5:49 pm      Reply with quote
Theresa
I was looking at this page
http://web.indstate.edu/thcme/mwking/glycans.html
and my reading of it (though I could be jumping to conclusions) is that Hyaluronic acid is included as an example of Glycosaminoglycans.
And the synthetic and animal (cocks' combs) versions of HA can penetrate the skin.
Are we just talking a fancy name for HA?
Where do they get these cells from? Are they biological or in vitro? If they're in vitro maybe they're just like synthetic HA.

I have to say I *used* to be a big fan of both the eye cream and the sensitive day (the others don't do much for me though I've only had samples but X 5 now, I think), but strange thing is it doesn't work in my present climate which averages 90% humidity. It doesn't absorb and so doesn't smooth nor plump. So, it's hydrating ingredients must be the key to this somehow.

As much as I like the immediate effects of cellcosmet I have a strange quirk where if no-one can explain how something might work or benefit my skin I can't bring myself to use it long-term especially when I find so many other things are beneficial for me (I can't fit them all in right now actually) and I feel they are proven in the long run.

But it's interesting to hear of it's long term benefits Barbera because I never really got to that stage.
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 18, 2024 8:48 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |