Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Recommendation for eye cream/gel?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
quacko
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 18, 2006 10:11 pm      Reply with quote
Hi,

I am not currently using any eye cream. I usually apply some moisturizer and sunblock in the morning under my eyes.

I'd like some recommendations for eye creams, I am quite oily, have olive skin, in my late thirties. I don't have puffy eyes at all, but dark circles. Some laughter lines, but no visible wrinkles.

Thanks a bunch!
jkresk
5% products discount

Sun Aug 20, 2006 5:40 am      Reply with quote
I have always found that some very light, only occasional exfoliation (a mild pH lactic acid, eg) around the eyes really helps with dark circles. I don't know how effective PSF's Cranberry Eye Gel is, but it sure feels good!

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 20, 2006 4:42 pm      Reply with quote
Peter Thomas Roth is good
Lucinda
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 20, 2006 5:02 pm      Reply with quote
jkresk wrote:
I don't know how effective PSF's Cranberry Eye Gel is, but it sure feels good!

I agree! I love this stuff! But it is not very moisturizing if that is a problem for you.
skincarefreak
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 20, 2006 9:12 pm      Reply with quote
I've used the Cranberry Eye-Lift. It's great but not very moisturizing. I use an eye cream on top of it.
quacko
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 20, 2006 9:16 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you for your recommendations! I am very interested in PSF Cranpberry eye gel. What is the difference between that and PSF Hydrating Treatment? If I have to pick one, which would it be.

Thanks,
Diane
hendricks
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 21, 2006 5:26 am      Reply with quote
i love DermaDoctor's wrinkle revenge eye balm ... it helps both dark circles and fine lines.
Rimi
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 21, 2006 7:57 am      Reply with quote
I have had super results (great moisturization, line reduction, and a healthy glow) from - interestingly - Burt's Bees Carrot Day Cream.
isachris
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 21, 2006 7:50 pm      Reply with quote
I dont know do u have some problem with your eyes.

If u dont have any problem, I will recommand u to try the Moisture eye gel or All About Eyes of Clinique .

If u have some Dry lines, I think La Mer eye balm will be good for u.
Moonstarr
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 21, 2006 7:54 pm      Reply with quote
Right now I'm really liking Dermalogica Multivitamin Powerfirm for Eyes/Lips. I had some dehydration lines around my eyes and this really helped smooth them out.
rosielynt
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 21, 2006 8:48 pm      Reply with quote
jan marini bioglycolic eye cream-It improves my droopy eyelids
marnie
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 23, 2006 11:49 am      Reply with quote
Avon Anew Clinical Eye Lift - a gel and a cream packaged together. I really like the feel of both, and have noticed improvement in my eye area.
Olivia
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 23, 2006 12:26 pm      Reply with quote
I have been using Dermalogica's intensive eye repair for years and love it. I have tried other products but I always come back to this stuff. It also does great things for your lashes.
glee
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 24, 2006 8:24 am      Reply with quote
I'd vote for Hylexin for your dark circles. Or Stri Vectin for lines.
Janis
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 24, 2006 8:49 am      Reply with quote
You know, this is probably not a popular opinion here at this board, but I think there's little reason to have faith in ANY eye cream.

I think eye creams are basically clever marketing campaigns and not a lot else. They can be good for moisturizing the eye area, which can't hurt, but I have YET to encounter one that actually shows any improvement on either dark circles OR fine lines. Any positive results I've seen are the temporary results of increased moisture to the area, or, for dark circles, light-reflecting qualities of the cream/gel.

I'm not trying to be gloom and doom, because I'd love to find something that works myself, and I'm a total hypocrite -- I keep trying new products. But frankly, I'm just not convinced that anything works there, particularly for the lines. I don't see how a topical cream could do any good there.

Hey, but someone prove me wrong!

Razz
Rimi
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 24, 2006 12:14 pm      Reply with quote
Janis wrote:
You know, this is probably not a popular opinion here at this board, but I think there's little reason to have faith in ANY eye cream.

I think eye creams are basically clever marketing campaigns and not a lot else. They can be good for moisturizing the eye area, which can't hurt, but I have YET to encounter one that actually shows any improvement on either dark circles OR fine lines. Any positive results I've seen are the temporary results of increased moisture to the area, or, for dark circles, light-reflecting qualities of the cream/gel.

I'm not trying to be gloom and doom, because I'd love to find something that works myself, and I'm a total hypocrite -- I keep trying new products. But frankly, I'm just not convinced that anything works there, particularly for the lines. I don't see how a topical cream could do any good there.

Hey, but someone prove me wrong!

Razz

Janis - hey I agree with you!

I've tried a bunch of different "eye creams" with varying results, from nothing to providing good moisturization - but no miracles.

I would like to find my miracle eye cream, but for now I will just stick to health treatment with the products that I have found to work best for me so far (pure aloe gel, and Burt's Bees Carrot Day Cream - not even specifically for the eye area! - but works well).
Rufus
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 24, 2006 8:01 pm      Reply with quote
Rimi wrote:
I have had super results (great moisturization, line reduction, and a healthy glow) from - interestingly - Burt's Bees Carrot Day Cream.

I just found Burt's Bees Royal Jelly eye cream and love it. I need something very ointment like under the eyes as I dry out so bad there I'll scratch myself raw. I like this product and the evening primrose oil cream for under the eyes.
Molly
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 24, 2006 8:30 pm      Reply with quote
I 98% agree with you Janis.

I went through a big eye cream hunting crisis in my mid thirties and much like you decided they were all cheats and liars. I didn't touch another eye product for years.

but I really did find Cellcosmet and Janson Beckets Okusil did it for me in combo. I've given them up now though having decided that I'll only use actives with proven long-term benefits. After using Okusil well past it's sell by date I really feel it's no different to watered down HA, which is what I now use plus emu.

I guess you're saying the Cellcosmet didn't do it for you. I'm sorry to hear it.

If all else has failed did you try eye exercises yet. Could be slack eye muscles. I suffered from that because of extreme bags throughout my twenties followed by constant eye infections in my early thirties. I find the exercises have made a big difference over time.
Mabsy

Thu Aug 24, 2006 9:18 pm      Reply with quote
quacko - given your skin type I think the PSF hydrating treatment would be too rich for you. I would recommend a cream like Neostrata - it has some slight exfoliating properties and is nice and light while still being moisturising enough. In terms of dark circles, the one cream that worked wonders for me was PTR Power K Eye Rescue (this doesn't have reflecting particles, but has vit K in it). It seems to be hit&miss with people though and this is because dark circles can be caused by many things so what works for some may not work for others.
maggieq
5% products discount

Fri Aug 25, 2006 7:44 am      Reply with quote
if you are not use to using any eye cream, I think ey serum will be a good choice. 24-7 eye serum might work
Janis
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 25, 2006 12:12 pm      Reply with quote
Molly wrote:

I guess you're saying the Cellcosmet didn't do it for you. I'm sorry to hear it.

I like the Cellcosmet products I now have more than any eye products I've tried. The cream especially (I have just a sample) is a lovely weight and texture and I like how it feels on my eyes. It moisturizes the area well.

But do I believe it will have any effect on my fine lines? No, I do not, sadly.

I don't know if I can justify the price given that it's really just a classy, expensive moisturizer. We'll see how dependent on it I become.
Molly
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 25, 2006 6:13 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Janis
I don't want to encourage you to buy more stuff because I'm sure you'll sigh.
But while the Cellcosmet was 'nice' on it's own for me it didn't eliminate the fine lines except in tandem with a humectant kind of product underneath which kind of sucks in my eye area and pulls in the cream.
I was using Janson Becket's Okusil underneath for some time (bit pricey, but you can buy a sample set containing it for about 20 dollars I think), but lately I just use plain old HA.
Give it a try if you have some to hand.
Molly Smile
quacko
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 26, 2006 8:17 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you all for your input. I have a lot to work with now. Smile
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 12:15 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |