Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
I want to transform myself pls help!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
willowsnow
5% products discount

Sun Aug 20, 2006 11:10 am      Reply with quote
Hello,
I my name is Willow and I am 7 weeks away from my 29th birthday.
I have for various personal reasons which I won't bore anyone with, been neglecting myself physically for quite a number of years and now I find myself approching 30 and I have really wasted all of my 20's and never been attractive being over wieght and suffering from acne. I have had successful acne treatment from my doctor and I have decided to to set my self the challenge of giving myself a complete makeover in the run up to my 29th birthday.

I have been lurking here for a time and have already stocked up on the Dr Hauschka range but I was wondering if anyone could advise me on something to help my particular problem areas.

1. Very poor skin texture on my nose due to years of blackheads (and squeezing them!)including bumps, open pores and small scars which look awful.
I generally have quite poor skin quality all over my face and would love to get the soft peachy look some women have or as near to it as possible.
2. Dark circles and fine lines around the eyes
3. pigmentation scars from old acne
Would some kind of TCA peel help with the above 3 problems?

4. A chubby droopy lower jaw area, and an asymetrical look. I have recently purchased an electric facial exerciser which I am hoping will help with this do you think other facial exercises (Eva Fraser) would help?

I do understand that without surgery a total transformation isn't possible but I want to effect as big a change in my looks as possible in the next 2 months. I really want to make up for lost time and be and feel attractive for the 1st time in my life. Everything from advice on diet and supplements to treatments etc would be greatfully accepted.
Thank you for reading,
Willow x

P.S. I may post a question in the lounge forum about my body related issues hope thats cool !
skincarefreak
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 20, 2006 11:19 am      Reply with quote
Hi Willowsnow,

Welcome....as far as the droopy jaw and the bad texture on your nose I would suggest copper peptides. The copper does lift the skin and it does give you a glow. If you'd like to start using an acid, I would suggest you start out with a mild one and slowly work up. For example, a 10% lactic. You can get those from Dianne Yvonne, Platinum Skincare. HTH
Yen
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 20, 2006 12:14 pm      Reply with quote
Try Juice Beauty Green Apple Peel for the fading of the acne scars. It will also help improve your skin texture and give it a glow. Smile
Lucinda
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 20, 2006 3:32 pm      Reply with quote
I love-

PSF- pumpkin mask for fading scars and improving skin texture.

IS Clinical- active serum, hydracool and super serum for all of your skin care needs!! This line is expensive, but totally worth it IMO.

I also recommend a raw food diet! Here are some people who have been transformed by this diet...
http://shazzie.com/raw/transformation/

Hope this helps!! Smile
skincareaddicted
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 20, 2006 6:31 pm      Reply with quote
willowsnow--

have you started any kind of exercising routine? i have been taking care my skin for a long time but just started taking care of my body too very recently. i started exercising a few months ago on a regular basis and i find that it has made me take better care of myself overall.

with your skin, i would start by clearing your pores and i suggest biore strips-i use them all over my face and they are excellent on unclogging. use them on a very clean face after a warm shower. then to get to all the other spots where the strips can't get to, i would invest in some sort of peel off mask. i don't know any local brands, but i use DHC's peel off mask and laneige's.

to lighten i would go with some sort of serum, i have heard that skinceuticals phyto + is excellent.

also, in the meanwhile, make sure to use vitamin C and sunscreen everyday.

more suggestions will be on its way and your skin should improve soon. HTH!

also, you might want to consider getting a facial, the esthetician there should be able to help you further. just make sure it is a reputable place and not just one out to sell you products.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 20, 2006 7:14 pm      Reply with quote
willowsnow wrote:
Hello,
I my name is Willow and I am 7 weeks away from my 29th birthday.
I have for various personal reasons which I won't bore anyone with, been neglecting myself physically for quite a number of years and now I find myself approching 30 and I have really wasted all of my 20's and never been attractive being over wieght and suffering from acne. I have had successful acne treatment from my doctor and I have decided to to set my self the challenge of giving myself a complete makeover in the run up to my 29th birthday.

I have been lurking here for a time and have already stocked up on the Dr Hauschka range but I was wondering if anyone could advise me on something to help my particular problem areas.

1. Very poor skin texture on my nose due to years of blackheads (and squeezing them!)including bumps, open pores and small scars which look awful.
I generally have quite poor skin quality all over my face and would love to get the soft peachy look some women have or as near to it as possible.
2. Dark circles and fine lines around the eyes
3. pigmentation scars from old acne
Would some kind of TCA peel help with the above 3 problems?

4. A chubby droopy lower jaw area, and an asymetrical look. I have recently purchased an electric facial exerciser which I am hoping will help with this do you think other facial exercises (Eva Fraser) would help?

I do understand that without surgery a total transformation isn't possible but I want to effect as big a change in my looks as possible in the next 2 months. I really want to make up for lost time and be and feel attractive for the 1st time in my life. Everything from advice on diet and supplements to treatments etc would be greatfully accepted.
Thank you for reading,
Willow x

P.S. I may post a question in the lounge forum about my body related issues hope thats cool !

Well, congratulations for taking the steps you needed to start taking care of yourself. As "skincareaddicted" suggested, I too would suggest going for a facial asap to help start things off. You don't need to buy their products though - you know your own skin, and people can suggest everything in the world, but as I have unfortunatley found out this weekend, what works for one person might not work for you. I used some suggested jojoba oil for about 3-4 days just testing on my cheeks and starting breaking out (like i suspected I would).

I don't have much to recommended as I'm in the search process myself, but if you have the $$ maybe even going to a laser surgery clinic where they do glycolic peels, IPL, etc., to get some suggestions might help. Just do your research and be careful.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 20, 2006 9:35 pm      Reply with quote
Hello,
You have had lots og great advice about skincare.
I would suggest going to a very good hairdresser and having a complete change - a fabulous cut and a new colour. That will give you a real boost.
Good luck.
rosebud
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 21, 2006 3:57 am      Reply with quote
Some great suggestions, I especially agree with a fabulous new hair style, there is nothing better than an afternoon of pampering at the salon.
Also look at diet, eat lots of fresh foods, drink lots of water and taking supplements will boost your system. Exercise is good as well.
Smile lots too, if other people see you smiling it really does prove infectous, it is also highly attractive Very Happy

5% products discount

Tue Aug 22, 2006 3:10 pm      Reply with quote
Hello,

I just wanted to say thanks to everyone who suggested things for me to try the hairstyle idea is great and so I have decided that I will book my self into a posh salon for a new hair do for my 29th birthday! It will also be a good incentive to keep up the rest of me regime! I was thinking of a nice stylish bob!
Anyway so many sugestions peels and copper peptides to a raw food diet I have read up on that and it is appealing as I don't eat meat so I start to include more raw foods in my diet!

Thanks again everyone,
Willow x
sweetp
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 22, 2006 7:25 pm      Reply with quote
if you haven't done it already or are not completely satisfied - get your eyebrows done!!! Try to get them to be the perfect shape and color for your face (i.e. you may need to darken or lighten them a bit). Eyebrows are the frame to your face and make a world of a difference in your appearance!

Good luck hun!
TooInvolved
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 22, 2006 7:37 pm      Reply with quote
Yeah, tidy eyebrows help a lot.

I'm getting microdermbrasion. It's s'posed to help clear pigmentation and texture issues. 100 bucks a pop though. Maybe there are cheaper almost as effective alternatives.
Bosoxy
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 22, 2006 8:56 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Willow!

I just LOVE Ice Elements and would suggest that you consider wandering over to http://iceelements.com and speak directly with the esthetician on the message board to see if you like what she has to say. Her name is Brenda and she is very nice.

You can even ask her about your face excercize machine to see what she has to say about that.[url]

Whatever you do decided to try, you will definitely need to start with a good exfoliation product so that the items that you do use are able to penetrate into the skin. My favorite is the 2 minute miracle by Ice Elements (surprised, right? lol!). I love it as it is a gentle exfoliation and it leaves an immediate radiant glow after each use. I use mine 2 - 3 times a week, as that is what my skin seems to need, but some use it on a daily basis.

You also might want to consider an at home microdermabrasion machine to help with your nose area. There are several on the market, and most are pretty comparable so do not worry that you might get the wrong one. I am sure that some on here can tell you their favorite.

The 2 minute miracle also works great along with the microdermabrasion kit to help with any peeling skin that may occur.

If you are not doing so already, ensure that you are using a sunscreen on a daily basis! The sun can make us age much more rapidly than we would like... bringing us early wrinkles, age spots and saggy skin...

Good luck!
Bosoxy.[/url]

5% products discount

Sun Sep 10, 2006 11:25 pm      Reply with quote
I would recommend whitening your teeth. Whiter teeth really brighten up a face. I think it makes a big difference.
Emma2006
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 11, 2006 12:09 am      Reply with quote
I definately second the eyebreows idea.
After I had mine done my face seemed fresher somehow. It opened up my eyes no end.
I'm glad these ideas have helped you.
Very Happy
dealated
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 11, 2006 2:01 am      Reply with quote
Hi willowsnow!
TCA peels will help very much with most of the things you've mentioned, in particular the skin on your nose, the fine lines around your eyes and the pigmentation scars from acne. Don't be too afraid of doing them at home either, at 12.5 percent (one layer) you're giving a peel that is only equal to a 70% glycolic peel. As long as you research what you are doing and only do as advised, I recommend ordering the 12.5 percent peel from platinumskincare.com, it would be extremely unlikely to cause permanant damage to your skin. If you've never done a peel in your life and she have even somewhat sensitive skin, you should probably dilute the 12.5% peel to about an 8% peel (with distilled water) for your first time. After this, wait about two weeks and do a regular 12.5% peel (one layer). Wait another 2-3 weeks and work up to 2-3 layers. Continue, and eventually you may want to order a higher percentage of TCA. For the dark circles around your eyes, you need to make sure you are getting enough sleep and drinking enough water. DMEA has been shown to be promosing when it comes to loose skin, search the forum for DMEA cream recommendations, I'm sure it has been asked before. When it comes to diet, I recommend a low glycemic diet rich in greens, berries, (please try green smoothies!!!!) beans (red beans are the richest in ant-oxidants), almonds, walnuts, and if your aren't a vegetarian salmon and cod. All of these foods are amazing for weightloss and skin improvement. Bread, even whole grains, aren't so good for weightloss. I'm not saying you should start a low carb diet (beans are not low carb;)) But it has been proven, over and over again that diets focused on vegetables, healthy fats, protien, and fruit are more conducive to weightloss than high carb diets. I also recommend engaging in 30-45 minutes of cardovascular activity daily. I think the best thing I even did for my body was join a gym, I feel more confident and strong than ever before. 7 weeks of cardio, weight training and a healthy diet will really transform your body. By sticking only to the foods listed above and following my workout plan, I've healthily lost about 15 pounds in the past 8 weeks. Good luck with your transformation!
System
Automatic Message
Sat Apr 20, 2024 4:03 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |