Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Body makeover
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
willowsnow
5% products discount

Sun Aug 20, 2006 11:39 am      Reply with quote
Hello all,

I have just made my 1st post on the skin care forum regarding my intended skincare makeover and am now here to get your advice on my body make over. I am hurtling towards 29 and am around 30 lbs overwieght and would like tips on losing as much wieght as I can with in the next two months with toning up and getting fit.

my real problem areas are:

1.My legs and bottom, although I do need to tone up all over my legs and bottom are where I carry the most wieght and I also have appalling saddle bags. My thighs and calves are out of proportion with the rest of my figure so I would love some tips on trimming them down. Also my bottom is rather square shaped and no very feminine I would like to make it curvier in a nice way. Currently I look awful in trousers cause of my square bum and awful in skirts due to my fat calves Sad

2. I have lost some wieght already and my breasts are looking a little droopy too. I read some wear that eating soy can increase your breast size a little but really i would be happy if I could just firm them up a bit with exercise or products.

3. I also have concerns about my skin if I lose wieght quickly as I would hate to be left with sagging hanging skin.
Would this be prevented my moisturing your body everyday?
I also already have some stretch marks and would like to prevent new ones forming and to reduce those I have.

4.My arms are covered with that bumpy skin which seems to effect a lot of women, I have tried exfloitating and moisturing them but I just can't get rid of them any ideas?

Thank you all for taking the time to read my post/question.

Willow x
FrevaKZ
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 20, 2006 12:17 pm      Reply with quote
Quote:
1.My legs and bottom, although I do need to tone up all over my legs and bottom are where I carry the most wieght and I also have appalling saddle bags. My thighs and calves are out of proportion with the rest of my figure so I would love some tips on trimming them down. Also my bottom is rather square shaped and no very feminine I would like to make it curvier in a nice way. Currently I look awful in trousers cause of my square bum and awful in skirts due to my fat calves

have you a treadmill? It's a girl best friend- running is one of the most workouts you can do. Depending on your speed and frequency, you can burn more than 300 calories in an hour. All in the comfort of your own home! Running is very good exercise and you're working all the areas in the body that you say you are not comfortable with.

Also for "shapening" up, I recommend doing sit ups for definition and...sideways sit ups are very good for working those muscles around your waist. Perhaps that may help the curve situation.

Quote:
2. I have lost some wieght already and my breasts are looking a little droopy too. I read some wear that eating soy can increase your breast size a little but really i would be happy if I could just firm them up a bit with exercise or products.

Make sure you wear the right bra. This is essential to having that perky "rack" that is so sought after nowadays, haha ;P I haven't heard the soy thing..but it can't hurt since soy is good for you anyway.

That's all I really have to offer...good luck with your goals, and I'm sure plenty other ladies can help you more than I can. Perserverance is the key.
Olyn
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 20, 2006 12:23 pm      Reply with quote
Hi willowsnow,

Congratulations on deciding to get your body into shape! You will feel so much better just by incorporating exercise into your daily routine, in addition to the obvious positive side effects!

In response to your questions,

1. For your legs and bottom and the concerns you have I would strongly suggest looking into Callanetics (there is a thread in this forum discussing it) or Pilates. You will also definitely want to incorporate some cardio if you want to 'slim down' while toning. I have ALWAYS found that I get much quicker results by incorporating strength training and cardio together ( I also like to add a bit of something like yoga as well). I have tried just doing one or the other (probably out of laziness) but using them together is key. When I would just focus on cardio I would plateau quickly, and when I removed the cardio and focused on strength training I felt like I was bulking up. That is just my personal experience.

2. Abdominal/Core muscle exercises should really help to firm up the area under your breasts, and give them a physical lift. I would also strongly suggest pectoral muscle exercises with light weights. (3-5 lbs).

3. I have heard/read that the key to prevent sagging, loose skin is to not lose too much weight too quickly and incorporating exercise into your routine, so your skin has time to adjust. So, take it slowly at first...you don't want to have dramatic weight loss and then saggy skin!

4. I had very good luck getting rid of those stubborn arm bumps by using an AHA lotion (I used the Alpha Hydrox brand) and supplementing my diet with EFAs (Essential Fatty Acids). In the spring/summer when I didn't want to apply lotion I used an Ahava soap bar on the area with good results also.

5. Random tips:If you don't already do so, please invest in a high quality multivitamin for women! In the past year, I have not had a gym near where I live so I started doing exercise dvds for the first time. I really like the kind targeted at women. My favorites are Denise Austin and one of those 5X10 minute dvds that is kickboxing for women. Kickboxing is a great workout! I like it because it's pretty fun, and the dvd incorporates both strength training and cardio.

Hope that helps!
Skincare
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 20, 2006 4:39 pm      Reply with quote
In response for your arms...the bumpy stuff...buy Lac-Hydrin 12% lotion. It worked for me. And to excersize that part of your arm...squat down with a chair behind you. As if you were to sit down but you missed the chair and your hands is on the sitting part of the chair and you use your arms to raise and lower yourself.

Also, without the chaiar at all.....do squats and squeeze your butt. I rode horses for years and found it to firm and made my butt smaller but it did nothing for my hips.
Also, I found that riding firmed my outside part of my leg. (becuase you have to squeeze the horses belly to pick him up when you jump.)
Anna_in_Sweden
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 21, 2006 6:20 am      Reply with quote
I second the Pilates suggestion for toning up legs, hips and bottom. If you do it at least 3 times a week you will see results pretty quickly. 2 months is enough time to get those areas looking nice and toned. I would suggest doing it 5 days a week though if you really want to see a change.
Rimi
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 21, 2006 7:40 am      Reply with quote
Hi there

New member here too Very Happy

About diet - it's worth a try to eat most calories for breakfast and lunch, and lightly later in the day and for dinner.

I've had luck with grapeseed oil for those pesky arm bumps. I used it for moisturizing and found the bumps reduced.

Congratulations on your plan and good luck on your makeover Wink
Natz87
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 21, 2006 10:04 am      Reply with quote
Just want to welcome you, and think its a great move to get into shape.

for tonning up in a short space of time i also reccommend pilates at least 3 times a week , does wonders for your stomach and also at home work out dvds are good.

good luck Very Happy
skincareaddicted
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 21, 2006 10:15 am      Reply with quote
Hi willow--i just want to emphasize the need for a really supportive sports bra. I don't know what size you are, but if you tend to be on the larger size, this becomes even more important. without a proper sports bra, permanent tissue damage can result during exercise. when i first started exercising, i invested quite a bit of money for sports bras that offered the most "bounce" protection.

check this site out to see what happens when you don't wear a proper bra during exercise:

http://www.shockabsorber.co.uk/bounceometer/shock.html

(i myself, have not tried shock absorber bras as i haven't found any supportive enough)

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 21, 2006 10:23 am      Reply with quote
Natz87 wrote:
Just want to welcome you, and think its a great move to get into shape.

for tonning up in a short space of time i also reccommend pilates at least 3 times a week , does wonders for your stomach and also at home work out dvds are good.

good luck Very Happy

I agree with Natz,

I bought the whole kit from Windor Pilates that come with the cirle band and do that when I can't make it to the gym, it's a great starter kit and shows various levels with different people on the DVD, I do recommend getting a pilates or yoga mat though, I didn't and it's a little difficult to do some of the moves, maybe because my tail bone seems to pertrude more than normal.

In any case, with pilates, look for toning, rather than to lose weight. I do suggest other cardio such as walking or machines to aid the total body workout.

5% products discount

Tue Aug 22, 2006 3:42 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks so much to everyone who took the time to reply!
Many excellent suggestions, I will look into the pilates and Callanetics I actually have an old callanetics video which I must dig out and use.
I am unsure if I should try to lose some more excess wieght 1st or if I should incorporate something like callanetics from now onwards?
I have access to a guy which has a treadmill but my legs are so heavy that I often can't run for long but I guess I could start with intervals.
Thanks also to those who mad suggestions for the bumpy skin on my arms I will be sure to try those out. I also have found some other threads relating to the same issue so I should find something that works!
Thanks again and thank goodness for this forum!

Willow x
willowsnow
5% products discount

Tue Aug 22, 2006 3:43 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks so much to everyone who took the time to reply!
Many excellent suggestions, I will look into the pilates and Callanetics I actually have an old callanetics video which I must dig out and use.
I am unsure if I should try to lose some more excess wieght 1st or if I should incorporate something like callanetics from now onwards?
I have access to a guy which has a treadmill but my legs are so heavy that I often can't run for long but I guess I could start with intervals.
Thanks also to those who made suggestions for the bumpy skin on my arms I will be sure to try those out. I also have found some other threads relating to the same issue so I should find something that works!
Thanks again and thank goodness for this forum!

Willow x
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 16, 2024 2:21 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |