Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)
Took only child - son to college house is way to quiet.
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
red head
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 20, 2006 5:30 pm      Reply with quote
DH and I are sad Crying or Very sad
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 20, 2006 5:49 pm      Reply with quote
Boy, I sure feel for you red head. I only have 1 child too, a son as well and this year he is a senior in HS. I am dreading the day when he leaves! No words of wisdome, just sending hugs your way.
skincareaddicted
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 20, 2006 6:39 pm      Reply with quote
don't worry red head, they always come back! i know, because i did, and so did all my friends Laughing .

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 20, 2006 9:57 pm      Reply with quote
As the mom of a now <gulp> junior in college, it gets easier.

And yes - they do come back with dirty laundry, junk & friends....

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 21, 2006 9:39 am      Reply with quote
My mom suffered from empty-nest syndrome when i left for college too. She told me it was a period where she re-discovered herself, after all those years of immersing herself in raising me. She takes lots of classes, from chinese calligraphy to knitting and massage therapy. She never realised she was so gifted in so many things. Also, she and my dad travel a lot more, and if anything, me leaving has brought them closer. I'm starting to think they're having such a great time they don't want me back. Sad Kidding. There's so many ways to deal with the depression of kids leaving. My friend's mom got a puppy, which helped "fill the void". Wish you all the best!
deanne123
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 24, 2006 4:12 am      Reply with quote
My little one just started kindergarden this month. I was so happy on the outside, but not on the inside. I kept thinking, 'Just twelve more school years until she's gone.' My husband thinks I'm crazy.

I know it is a long way off (and I may want her gone at the point Very Happy ), but I can't imagine my home without her in it. It already seems so odd when she's at school now (nothing getting broken or running in to kill an evil bug that wondered into her world) that I can't imagine what you must be going thru. I believe I will be a mess when I'm in your shoes. I think it shows what a wonderful set of parents you two must be to miss your child so and not rejoice in his leaving....now when he turns 35 and finally moves out you are allowed to be relieved. Laughing

Tue Apr 23, 2024 4:11 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |