Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
Need Acne Solutions!!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Kel
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 21, 2006 9:18 am      Reply with quote
Hi everyone,

I've lurked for quite a while now but, my loverly acne problem is pulling me out into the open.
I was wondering if anyone has any solutions to their acne problem. I don't care if the solution is a cream/lotion, herbal, or device (anyone try the Zeno yet?)
My skin seems to vary-it can get dried out very quickly so I try to moisturize regularly to prevent more acne breakouts but, there's such a fine line. I use Yonka right now (Lait Nettoyant, Creme 93, Gommage 303, Masque 103, and occassionally Phyto 54). I'm also using an acne creme found at any drugstore.

Advice would be great-I'm so tired of having nice skin for a week followed by 3 or more weeks of breakouts.

Kel
ahau
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 21, 2006 9:30 am      Reply with quote
Try Rodan+Fields
Kel
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 21, 2006 9:35 am      Reply with quote
ahau-anything particular in that line that I should try? Have you used it? How long before you saw results?

Thanks for the suggestion-I'm willing to try anything and everything at this point! Smile
ahau
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 21, 2006 9:37 am      Reply with quote
They have a line for acne called Unblemish
TheresaL
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 21, 2006 9:50 am      Reply with quote
Kel,
What acne cream are you using? Also, you may want to consider switching from the Yonka Cleansing Milk to the Yonka Cream Cleasner. I have tried the Cleansing Milk and it seems to leave a slight film on my skin. Perhaps this cleanser residue is not good for acne prone skin. The Cleansing Cream is my morning cleanser and I love it. It does not leave a film like the Cleansing Milk and it does not leave my skin feeling dry. BTW I am acne prone too and can say that the Cleansing Cream does not make my acne worse. HTH
bergquis
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 21, 2006 9:54 am      Reply with quote
PRESCRIPTIONS Tazorac and Benzeclin have saved me and my mental state. Sure I get dry, nothing exfoliation and lotion can not cure. My skin is smoothier, non blemished. Sure and occasional one. But it has only been sunce 8/1 and everyone is making comments on my skin. It changed almost overnight. I tried Retin A and others with no success!!!
Kel
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 21, 2006 10:06 am      Reply with quote
TheresaL: I use Garnier PureA Night formula as my acne creme: http://skinnaturals.garnier.ca/en/product_pure.asp?pid=7
I hadn't even heard of the cleansing creme-just the milk and the gel so I'll definitely try that out next time. Is the container smaller?

Bergquis: I'm not sure if I've tried those prescriptions or not. When I was a teen I saw a dermatologist once. He put me on Erythromycin. It didn't do anything for me. Are those prescriptions harsh like accutane? I'm so hesitant to take anything harsh like that because I don't think my acne is quite that severe. I am going to write down your suggestions though, maybe it's time I see another dermatologist.
manslayerliz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 21, 2006 10:07 am      Reply with quote
I agree with berquis--- if it's affecting your quality of life, it may be time to see a dermatologist. When I went off birth control I got hit with a storm of hormonal acne that I just couldn't get under control. I saw a dermatologist and now I'm using Differin/Tazorac, oral antibiotics, Juice Beauty Green Apple Cleansing Gel, and some good, mild, alcohol-based toners: Burt's Bees Rosewater and Glycerin, Peter Thomas Roth Gentle Correction Pads, and Dr. Hauschka. I've been on this new routine for a month or so and my skin is so clear, I don't even need make up anymore! It's such a relief!

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 21, 2006 10:15 am      Reply with quote
manslayerliz-ahh, I'd love that(to be make-up free)-even if I still needed a bit of concealer. I am on birth control (and have been for quite some time) and have never noticed a major change. I did find my acne cleared up great on Diane but, it messed my cycles up so bad I had to get off it.
The only disadvantage to the dermatologist is that I have to get a recommendation from my doctor. And my doctor just quit her practise (we're waiting for a replacement). It can also be quite a long waiting period too.
It probably is the best solution though.
bergquis
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 21, 2006 10:41 am      Reply with quote
Hi
Defin. not as harsh as accutane. A little drying, moreso the tazorac. I just make sure I apply a VERY thin layer of it at night. Really I can tell you I have been on other RX's and have probably tried everything over the counter. I have spent countless hours researching OTC topicals, etc that would help me get back my life. Not to mention countless hours HIDING in my house. It was a miracle for me. I know everyone is different, but I am keeping my fingers crossed. I no longer have to worry about ol god I am sure I will be all broke out by that date, or looking in the mirror all the time hoping I don't have any new sprouts of blemishes. I had 1-5 daily. Now 1-2 weekly and they are small and go away in a day or so.
Kel
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 21, 2006 10:49 am      Reply with quote
Bergquis-You've given me hope! Smile
I'm tired of doing the ol' "eye dart" in public to keep from looking someone in the eye. And I have about the same amount of new blemishes per day as you did, (if I don't get new ones, the pre-existing ones get much worse).
Ok, it's final. I'll be inquiring about a dermatologist as soon as I can! Smile
sormuimui
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 21, 2006 11:29 am      Reply with quote
If you're in the Yonka line I'm surprised you don't use Juvenil. I'm also surprised you don't use PG as your moisturizer - I find that really helps with my blemishes too and it's a good moisturizer. Creme 15 is good too but it might not be enough moisture for you. But perhaps you should give Juvenil a try, and if that doesn't work out with your blemishes you can always mix it with your Creme 93 so that it will have purifying properties while still being just as moisturizing.
TheresaL
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 21, 2006 11:37 am      Reply with quote
Kel wrote:
TheresaL: I use Garnier PureA Night formula as my acne creme: http://skinnaturals.garnier.ca/en/product_pure.asp?pid=7
I hadn't even heard of the cleansing creme-just the milk and the gel so I'll definitely try that out next time. Is the container smaller?

I don't know anything about the Garnier skincare line so I can't comment on that. The Cleansing Cream is half the size of the milk! It actually is pretty pricy as far as cleansers go.

BTW I am glad to hear that you are going to go to a derm. I go to one myself for my acne and it has really helped me.
Kel
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 21, 2006 12:16 pm      Reply with quote
sormuimui: I used juvenil as a teenager and it worked well with great results. Now that I'm older I tried it again and found that it didn't work! I was quite disappointed.
I wasn't greatly impressed with the Creme PG. I found it was either too much moisturizer or too little (depending on my 'skin cycle'). I think my skin is a little overly sensitive, hence it's irratic actions!

TheresaL: Awww, man! My starving student income isn't always understanding of my need for good skin-care products. Does the cleansing creme last the same amount of time as the milk or gel?

Thanks again everyone for your suggestions and advice. I'm glad to hear so many other people say that they visit a dermatologist. I always felt as though I was being judged when I went-and I'm very self-conscious about going. Now I feel better about making the appointment. Probably best to get the expert opinion in the long run!
TheresaL
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 21, 2006 12:22 pm      Reply with quote
Kel wrote:

TheresaL: Awww, man! My starving student income isn't always understanding of my need for good skin-care products. Does the cleansing creme last the same amount of time as the milk or gel?

Kel-I have never tried the gel and have only used the milk a few times (it seems to irritate my skin) so I can't compare. The cleansing cream lasts me about 5 weeks using once a day. However, I have reached the conclusion that I am using way too much and have cut back on the amount I use. I think that I can probably get 10 weeks out of the cleanser using it once a day but that is just a guess!
sormuimui
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 21, 2006 1:12 pm      Reply with quote
You know Juvenil works so-so on me too, so I just mix with my Creme 15 to use it. I'm finding I get some results from Dermalogica's Medicated Clearing Gel so you may want to get a sample and give that a try. It also comes in a 2oz bottle so it will last you a really long time.
root1979
5% products discount

Mon Aug 21, 2006 2:56 pm      Reply with quote
You should also consider eating less sugar related food and process foods. Also eat more food that's high on vit. A, & C and drinks lot of water. It helps clear my face.
Kel
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 22, 2006 11:46 am      Reply with quote
sormuimui: Do you really find that juvenil is working for you then? Is the Dermalogica very drying? I have problems clearing up acne because the potent cleansers are too harsh (dry my face up horribly and make the situation worse) but, then if I use something to rich-it also causes breakouts.
I certainly should give it a try though, a sample can't hurt! Thanks for the tip!

Root1979-I don't find that my diet really helps my skin much. Vitamins might, I'm actually researching which ones to take by looking through old posts. I drink water like it's going out of style with no change.
Do you take Vitamins A and C regularly?
Yen
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 26, 2006 3:43 pm      Reply with quote
I've been using the Clay-Neem Treatment and the Emu-Neem Soap from Earth to Body (www.earthtobody.ca ) and spot treating with tea tree oil. My skin has healed so much.
sormuimui
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 26, 2006 4:25 pm      Reply with quote
I didn't find the Dermalogica one drying at all, which is surprising because I always flake when using SA products. I haven't used anything with SA in a while but I had a sample of Dermalogical so I gave it a try. I think it helps control my acne better than Juvenil as I always think Juvenil sometimes help to give me acne, maybe the drawing effect is too much for me. But then again sometimes I think Juvenil DOES help. I'm a bit more than half through my Juvenil and I don't think I'm going to repurchase just because I want to try something else. But I find it's a great product to mix with my other Yonka Cremes especially since the other Creams are so thick.

There are other products like Juice Beauty Blemish Serum that seemed to work for other members, I am looking into that as well but can't comment because I haven't tried it. JB has 1% SA and AHAs. I'm also curious about Bioelements Poreplex because it has both SA AND sulfur, I really like sulfur and find that it helps a lot with calming my acne down. These three products (incl. Dermalogica) caught my eye so maybe you can look into them too.

BTW, I really relate to your "week of nice skin then 3+ weeks of breakouts, I've been going through this for years. But I still haven't found a "solution", all of this has always been trial and error. However I'm exfoliating a lot and I find that helps speed up the healing and hopefully I might have some hope if I find the right spot treatment for my skin. I also think the whole "system" of skincare is very impt for us acneic skintypes.
MTRLB
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 26, 2006 6:23 pm      Reply with quote
u may want to see a dermatologist.

Cuz ur skin may dry out very fast but still experiencing acne.
Normally, acne occurs in oily skin, where pores are clogged and aggrevated.

In ur case, i suspect is ur hormonal fluctuation that might have cause ur acne?

How old r u?

u may want to try taking something internal instead of external skincare.
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 6:19 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |