Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz)
Best At-Home Peel for Acne-Prone Skin?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
ArtTeacher
5% products discount

Mon Aug 21, 2006 12:57 pm      Reply with quote
I have tried an at-home peel - L'Oreal, I think. I liked how it made my skin feel, but it didn't seem to do much for my acne. Does anyone have any good recommendations for peels to also help with acne? I read the thread about the JB Apple. Is that worht trying, or would something else be better suited? My skin is otherwise a nice combo of everything - a little dry, a little oily, etc.

Thanks in advance.

oh, anything about this salt/cider combo can be thrown in too. i couldn't find much about it, but i'm intrigued. no idea how to use it or how to make it.
ariesxtreme
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 21, 2006 12:58 pm      Reply with quote
I like my Juice Beauty Apple peel, I may get a a pimple here and there, not sure if that's really considered acne prone though. I've also read a few members on here who have tried the Neutrogena acne mask if I remember correctly and have seen some good results.

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 21, 2006 1:30 pm      Reply with quote
I tried the salt/vinegar mixture the other night on a painful cystic pimple. I mixed a 1/4 teaspoon of salt with enough ACV to make a paste. (It was probably 2 or 3 drops). I put it on the blemish only for 20-30 minutes. Rinsed and applied Murad clarifying mask to the blemish. I left that on overnight. in the morning the pimple was about 25% it's previous size. I haven't tryed it all over my face yet. I'm afraid that the salt might be too drying.
I have also used the Neutrogena mask & the JB Green Apple Peel. The combination of the 2 has helped clear up some of my old acne scars.
dollbird
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 21, 2006 2:25 pm      Reply with quote
JB Green Apple Peel is great for acne scars. It doesn't help in preventing new ones though. I don't know about masks preventing acne. I know they're good for fading marks, taking away redness, soaking up oil (clay masks) and refining texture, but as far as a preventative treatment, i doubt their efficacy, since u're only leaving it on for a short period of time. If you really want to prevent acne maybe you should look into prescription topicals like retinoids and antibiotics.
ArtTeacher
5% products discount

Mon Aug 21, 2006 2:47 pm      Reply with quote
If I can get rid of red marks - that alone would be fabulous. I should go back to the ACV toner and oils I was using. I had good results with those. Maybe that, in combination with the Juicy peel would be a winner.

I guess I was really wondering if there was a peel that would help with some of the blackheads/milia type stuff (I guess I associate those with "texture", maybe that's incorrect of me) - helping them to not come back or to keep those in control a bit. I wouldn't really expect any to "get rid" of the full-on pimples.

I have gone the full run with acne products - all the way to Accutane. My skin is not nearly that bad now. I'm pregnant now, so that's always a fabulous help for great skin. Rolling Eyes Laughing
I appreciate your responses! Very Happy
manslayerliz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 21, 2006 3:09 pm      Reply with quote
Absolutely try the Juice Beauty Green Apple Peel. I've tried the L'Oreal Peel and it is worthless compared to the GAP. Not to mention that the GAP is a much better deal since you get a lot more applications for your money. It has definitely helped with my scars and my overall texture.

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 21, 2006 3:27 pm      Reply with quote
PSF Pumpkin Peel is excellent.
Yen
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 21, 2006 6:31 pm      Reply with quote
I love the Juice Beauty Green Apple Peel and Neutrogena Acne Mark Fading Peel. Very Happy
violetanne
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 22, 2006 6:47 am      Reply with quote
Look for a mask with sulfur in it-- it's supposed to prevent acne. Proactiv makes one; my sister uses it, but she has oily skin. If you have combo skin, it might not be suitable.
ahau
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 22, 2006 1:55 pm      Reply with quote
Glytone
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 18, 2024 9:17 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |