Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Lip Stain or Tint
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
littlebo
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 22, 2006 7:24 am      Reply with quote
Does anyone know of a lip stain or tint that will hold colour for a day or two? I have heard Benetint is nice but how long does the colour hold? I have a tint from the Body Shop but this only lasts half a day.

Thanks!!

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 22, 2006 8:08 am      Reply with quote
Well I too would like one that lasts but I have not found it yet. I tried Bene-Tint and it comes off in less than 1/2 a day. It did stay on my cheeks all day but not my lips. Currently I use Outlast. It stays on all day but it is thick and drying. If I use the gloss they give us for over the top, even the lipstain comes right off. I use it without and it stays all day, esp. the darker colors.
tisa
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 22, 2006 9:06 am      Reply with quote
try julie hewett lipsticks at http://www.juliehewett.net/index.htm

the noir lipsticks are intensely pigmented and last a long time. apply + blot and you get the lipstain effect without the dry sensation.

the cheekies can also be used as a lipstain hth Very Happy
violetanne
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 23, 2006 7:39 am      Reply with quote
I'm currently nuts about the new Urban Decay Lip Envy lipstain. It doesn't stay on for a full day, but it will stay on for a work day. I also love the application method-- it's in a little inkwell-type bottle, and comes with a little felt tipped dipper. Sort of like a lipgloss. I wrote a review of it, it's floating arounf somewhere!
RubyWong
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 19, 2007 7:19 pm      Reply with quote
Does anyone know how to remove benetint off your fingers after you use it to blend it on top your cheecks and lips? I don't want to have a red finger all day. Crying or Very sad

TIA

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 19, 2007 7:34 pm      Reply with quote
Vincent longo has a lip stain that is supposed to be very good. I tried it at sephora and the color is very vivid. Not sure about the lasting power but it doesn feel hard to wipe off Very Happy
SusieQ
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 19, 2007 8:28 pm      Reply with quote
Littlebo, I just wondered why you would want your lip stain to stay on for more than 1 day?? Shouldn't we be taking our makeup off at the end of the day? Or better yet, put fresh lip stain on the next day?
leidon
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 19, 2007 10:15 pm      Reply with quote
Vincent Longo's stains are great. For a drugstore alternative Maybelline Superstay has insane lasting power. I think it lasts even longer than lip stains. It's also not as drying as other long lasting lip formulas.
samantha185
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 20, 2007 8:49 am      Reply with quote
I heard MAC's lipstains last and last? Perhaps you can try that Smile

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 20, 2007 8:26 pm      Reply with quote
i love the color of vincent longo's liquid kiss, and it lasts the whole day. one caveat though, lip stains in general can be drying, or at least, not moisturizing, so i always wear a clear balm (not just gloss) on top - doesn't affect the color but helps my lips stay hydrated.
sark
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 20, 2007 8:28 pm      Reply with quote
oh, and definitely exfoliate your lips before using a stain - will help you get a much smoother application/color.
Frodo
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 20, 2007 8:37 pm      Reply with quote
I may be going to Portland this weekend and they have a Sephora and an Ulta so I will be looking at some stains and hopefully those that you all have mentioned. I am going to be like a kid in a candy store as we don't have anything close to those stores here.

Thanks Sark for the tip on exfoliating.

Wed Apr 24, 2024 6:37 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |