Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Amore Pacific looks amazing
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Smoothskin
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 22, 2006 10:38 am      Reply with quote
I came across this range on the Neimann Marcus website and was really intrigued by this cult brand from Asia. Has anyone tried their products? I adore the packaging, very futuristic glamour and the ingredients sound interesting too; they use patented red ginseng and EGCG which is the most potent polyphenols present in green tea. I would love to hear if anyone has heard of this.
ariesxtreme
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 22, 2006 10:56 am      Reply with quote
It's a Korean brand, my mom's been using them since I could remember. I've tried their toners and moisturizers before. One thing that I noticed a long time ago when I was younger was that asian based at least the Korean moisturizers are so light compared to their U.S. counterparts, they actually make makeup based upon seasons. You'll buy one set for winter and fall, and another for spring and summer.

Surprised this is just making it to the dept stores. My mom always gets her from the korean owned beauty shops anyhow.

Just to add, my mother has unbelievable skin, she's in her late 40's now. I checked out the Neiman Marcus sight to see what they offered, not too bad of a selection. Wonder if we can get them cheaper.

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 22, 2006 11:04 am      Reply with quote
It just looks beautiful, and I also checked out their website which iswww.amorepacific.com so now I feel all zen and serene. I think I need to get some of this and I am about to write an e mail to the company to find out more about the ingredients.
ariesxtreme
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 22, 2006 11:19 am      Reply with quote
Let me see if I have any trial vials of toners and moisturizers at the house. Any time my mom and I buy anything from these Korean beauty stores they always grab a handful of samples and put them in the bag.

With the Korean toners you don't use a cotton swab, one just drizzles a few drops into the palm pat so it's on both palms and then lightly pat it on the face and then apply moisturizer

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 22, 2006 11:20 am      Reply with quote
I remember reading about this brand a few years back on MUA. Some like the eye cream and that was about it. A lot of people got free samples by emailing their customer service.

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 22, 2006 11:34 am      Reply with quote
Thanks, I have e mailed them now, hoping to hear that the products don't contain lanolin or beeswax. I also prefer paraben free products, but can always make an exception for a great product.
skincareaddicted
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 22, 2006 12:41 pm      Reply with quote
I think Amore is part of Laneige, or a division of some sort. correct me if i am wrong.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 22, 2006 12:56 pm      Reply with quote
It's the other way around skincareaddicted, Laneige is part of Amore. Here is a link to Neobeauty that lists some of Amore's skincare lines. BTW I have never bought from Neobeauty and cannot say if they are a good merchant or not.

[url] http://www.neobeauty.com/amore1.html [/url]

I have had my eye on the Amore Pacific line for months now. But with so many skincare lines out there I haven't gotten around to trying it yet. Smoothskin please let us know what you find about ingredients. This line is definetly on my "need to try someday" list!
Smoothskin
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 22, 2006 1:32 pm      Reply with quote
I will TheresaL, are you trying to avoid certain ingredients as well, like parabens?
TheresaL
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 22, 2006 1:45 pm      Reply with quote
I don't necessarily try to avoid parabens but I like to minimize their use. I have a whole list of ingredients that I prefer not to use for various reasons and then those that I cannot use because of my sensitive skin. So I will not buy something if I don't know what is in it. I am even reluctant to sample products without seeing the complete ingredients!
Smoothskin
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 22, 2006 1:51 pm      Reply with quote
I'm the same... I like to know exactly what I am putting on my face. I will let you know what I find out when they e mail me back. I can't find any complete ingredient lists online.
abejita
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 22, 2006 2:14 pm      Reply with quote
Their products are wonderful!! I have used quite a few of their products. Currently, I am using the foaming cleanser, cleansing oil, Contour Lift Eye Cream, and Moisture Bound HydraGel. My husband loves their sunscreen (I really like it, but it is a bit too much for my oily skin in the summer).

I also have their treatment enzyme peel. It works the same as dermalogica's daily micropeel, but smells amazing....yes, I am a sucker for the smell!!

Their stabalizing serum is very nice. I have a couple of delux sized samples that I use when my face is a bit irritated. I bought one of their toners, it was nice, but not enough 'WOW' to be worth the price.
Smoothskin
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 22, 2006 2:49 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks Abejita, sounds like you know the brand very well, thanks for your reply. Do you happen to know if these products contain parabens? Your bathroom shelf must look so elegant with these products lined up. The packaging is beautiful. What is the smell like?
Safire
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 22, 2006 3:15 pm      Reply with quote
Their products sure do look/sound great, I'm almost certain it isn't available anywhere in Oz though! Sad But maybe next time I go overseas Very Happy ...I really want to try their eye creams as they get pretty good review.
abejita
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 22, 2006 3:44 pm      Reply with quote
I have long since thrown the boxes away, so I can't tell you if they have parabens are not. Hmm, the smell, let me think...It is a very gender nuetral scent. I have no idea how to explain the scent. It makes me feel so relaxed. I like to cup my hands over my face while I am washing and just breath it in.

The HydraGel is right up there with my cellcosmet preventive cream. I use the AP gel in the summer and the cellcosmet cream in the winter. The HydraGel is one of the few products that I saw a noticable difference.

I use the cleansing oil to remove my (light) makeup and sunscrean at night. Then I use either the AP foam or Cellcosmet Gel (I love them both and can't choose between the two Embarassed )
Smoothskin
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 22, 2006 3:47 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you, these products are just sounding more and more lovely Smile
isachris
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 22, 2006 9:18 pm      Reply with quote
AP is very likely to KANEBO,both from Asia and very expensive Sad
tiger_tim
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 22, 2006 9:57 pm      Reply with quote
Amore Pacific is now in Japan too (Isetan and Hankyu Dept. stores).. I might stop by Isetan this weekend. Interested in the peel!! I am turning into a peel freak. Laughing (to add to the cleanser freak, mask freak... Rolling Eyes )

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 23, 2006 2:37 am      Reply with quote
Let me know what you think of the ingredient lists and textures if you do get a chance to look at them. I am especially interested in the moisturisers.
TheresaL
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 23, 2006 7:12 am      Reply with quote
abejita wrote:

I use the cleansing oil to remove my (light) makeup and sunscrean at night. Then I use either the AP foam or Cellcosmet Gel (I love them both and can't choose between the two Embarassed )

abejita I currently use the Cellcosmet Gel cleanser. Can you compare the AP and Cellcosmet one? Does the AP foam cleanser foam a lot or is it more like the Cellcosmet Gel? Also, would you say one does a better job of cleansing without overdrying? TIA
milodomi
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 28, 2006 4:50 pm      Reply with quote
skincareaddicted wrote:
I think Amore is part of Laneige, or a division of some sort. correct me if i am wrong.

believe is the other way around, amore owns quite a few different lines and laneige is one of them
there's aother korean skincare line called sulwahsoo which is supposed to be really good..it's sort of similar to cle de peau in terms of price point (maybe just a lil bit cheaper than cle de peau)
skincareaddicted
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 28, 2006 9:21 pm      Reply with quote
TheresaL wrote:
It's the other way around skincareaddicted, Laneige is part of Amore. Here is a link to Neobeauty that lists some of Amore's skincare lines. BTW I have never bought from Neobeauty and cannot say if they are a good merchant or not.

I have had my eye on the Amore Pacific line for months now. But with so many skincare lines out there I haven't gotten around to trying it yet. Smoothskin please let us know what you find about ingredients. This line is definetly on my "need to try someday" list!

thanks for the correction TheresaL.

i have ordered from neobeauty.com before, they are pretty quick and give free samples too, though i am located in the same state as they are, so i am not sure how fast shipping is elsewhere.

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 28, 2006 10:18 pm      Reply with quote
abejita I currently use the Cellcosmet Gel cleanser. Can you compare the AP and Cellcosmet one? Does the AP foam cleanser foam a lot or is it more like the Cellcosmet Gel? Also, would you say one does a better job of cleansing without overdrying? TIA

They are really nothing alike. If you have used Shisiedo's cleansing foam, that and the AP cleansing foam are very similar.

I have very oily skin, so very few cleansers dry out my skin. I have noticed that if I use the cleansing oil first and then the AP foam, my face is the tiniest bit tighter than if I use the AP foam after. I have been using the oil and cellcosmet when I have on sunscreen and the AP foam alone when I get up in the morning or if I do not have on sunscreen. When I use it in these situations, I do not feel any tightness and there is no residue. The final results of the two combos are the same (cellcosmet gel & AP oil vs. AP foam)

It does foam a lot, but it is not an airy, bubbly foam (if that makes sense) It is a very dense foam. The Cleansing foam itself if about the consistancy of toothpaste. I put about an eight of an inch on each cheek and on my forehead. I wet my hands and massage my face. As I said, there is not an over abundance of foam, but my entire face is white with a thin layer of dense foam.

HTH,
Liz
phredd4
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 29, 2006 7:34 am      Reply with quote
TheresaL wrote:

I have ordered from NeoBeauty before and they are great merchants. No problems at all.
TheresaL
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 29, 2006 8:18 am      Reply with quote
skincareaddicted,phredd4-Thanks for the input on Neobeauty. I have wanted to order form them but did not know if they were a good merchant or not.

abejita thanks for answering my questions. I actually have tried the foaming cleanser from Shiseido's The Skincare Line but it was too irritating so I didn't get to sample it properly. I am the same way as you when it comes to the Cellcosmet Gel, I always use a cleansing oil first. I may have to get samples of some of this AP stuff! Although I am going to try and finish what I have first. I say that now but the next time I am in Neiman Marcus I will see if I can resist the AP counter! Wink
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:42 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |