Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)
Everyday Minerals blush & concealer colours?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Anna_in_Sweden
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 23, 2006 3:32 pm      Reply with quote
I am about to order again from EM and wondered if any of you have suggestions for blush colours? Currently I have the "Light pink" blush from them but it is too shiney for me. I'll use it as a spring eyeshadow instead.
So are there any colours that you love? I've read that "Apple" is popular but can someone recommend any others? I am pale with green eyes so the blush cannot be too dark.

Also, has anyone tried the corrective concealers like the mint, purple etc.. they are for red tones, blue circles and so on. If anyone has bought these from EM I'd love to hear about the product.
anya
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 23, 2006 3:45 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Anna:
I have both 'apple' and 'siesta' blushes. I find a little 'apple' goes a long way, and of the two, I really prefer 'siesta'. Its very sheer and natural looking with peach tones. I have'nt tried their concealers so sorry, I can't help you out there.
Goofygal
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 23, 2006 4:17 pm      Reply with quote
I have both the Apple and Chit Chat blushes. I am medium fair and I have to be really light-handed with the Apple blush. A little goes a LONG way and if I do it right, it gives me a nice rosy glow. As for Chit Chat, it is lighter and has a nice shimmer (just a little) to it. When I am out of time, I'll use Chit Chat as the blending is easier (since lighter in shade). If I have enough time on hand, I layer both blushes to give me the right look. HTH.
sormuimui
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 23, 2006 4:23 pm      Reply with quote
For concealer I found the multi-tasking too orange for my "golden light" skin. So far with my samples I've used the fair intensive as my concealer and my golden light as my all over and that is fine (although I've mixed my golden light with a little bit of other things). I'm also going to try the sunlight corrector next time to see if that works as a concealer. Perhaps those choices would be good for you too since you have pale skin. I plan to getting the chit chat and siesta blushes as well because I don't like very obvious blush tones on my cheeks. We seem to have similar skintones because light pink didn't work for me either.
jumpingball
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 23, 2006 4:35 pm      Reply with quote
I have "bouquet" and "daydream" blushes. Both are dark and very pigmented. I'd say 'bouquet' is dark mauve and 'daydream' is red-brown. I use fair-light foundation, and 'bouquet' in tiny amount works for me. But It's my first experience with blushes, and I haven't tried lighter ones. (I think they would be easier to blend in) Very Happy
autumn
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 23, 2006 5:14 pm      Reply with quote
I am quite fair. I use fair foundation.

I have the apple blush and it is very pigmented. It looks nice and rosy but you must use a light touch. IF you do apply too much take your kabuki that still has a trace of foundation on it and go over your blush to tone it down.

It does work if you are too heavy handed (like me.)

I have the multi-tasking concealer. I use it on a red mole (works great) and around my nose area. It lasts all day.

I have more EDM on order including the premium brushes. I will review once it arrives.
Moonstarr
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 23, 2006 6:09 pm      Reply with quote
I'm very fair and ordered the following blushes:

Anytime Blush - wasn't 100% happy with this. It nearly looks like a pale lilac and just seems to look "fake" on my skin.

Chit Chat - I do like this ... it's a really pretty rosey colour. It IS really pigmented though so you only need a small amount. It looks really nice on though.

Natural Blush - this is more of a shimmery highlighter I would say. I don't think I'd use it as a blush on it's own, but I do brush a little bit over other matte blushes to add some sparkle.

If I order blushes again, I think I'd really like to try the "Apple" that everyone is raving about.

Now, one of my favourite items from EM was their Sunlight Colour Corrector. I have very dark circles and this really seems to help cover them! And it doesn't seem to crease up as much throughout the day as a cream concealer would. I do have to be careful to not put on too much (I'm trying to perfect layering it in thinner layers) as then it doesn't look as smooth.
lulabelle
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 23, 2006 6:40 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Anna!

I just received my first full sized package from EDM and it's so exciting!

I got the apple blush in my trial pack, and I really like it! but like everyone else said, use a light touch! but it gives a really nice "flushed" look that lasts all day (w/ no shimmer)!

I also got the light pink, but find it might work better as a highlighter, althought I do use it as a blush at work since it gives a hint of really light shimmer!

I have heard good things about "girls night out"... it is supposed to be a nice light pink with goldish shimmery-bits! I bet that would look awesome with your green eyes!

I am also golden-fair and I find that the multi-tasking concealer turns orangey over the course of the day, so I usually mix it with my golden-fair as a concealer (the multi-tasking helps cancel out the sheen in my golden-fair).

I think next time i'll try for the sunlight concealer and maybe mix it with my golden-fair to see how that works!

I can't say much about the colour correctors, but I do use a yellow cream one under my eyes and I love it! I have a friend who is a make up artist and she swears by her colour wheel! so I bet mixing a bit of the coloured powder would work wonders in disguising skin issues!

HTH
Lau
Mabsy

Wed Aug 23, 2006 6:43 pm      Reply with quote
I'm using Golden Light and the Apple bluch with it (though at the moment I'm using a different blush alltogether). Apple is a lovely shade that suits my pale complexion and dark hair/eyes but, as others have said, it is very pigmented so you need a light hand to apply this. I still haven't got the application of it 100%.
kayanl
5% products discount

Wed Aug 23, 2006 10:40 pm      Reply with quote
I'm paler than Golden Light and a tiny bit of Apple or Chit Chat blush gives me a very natural (but much better than) blush.
lin23
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 24, 2006 1:06 am      Reply with quote
Hi Anna,
I think i have a pale complexion (not VERY pale - but pale) and i'm not entirely happy with the colour of "apple". it's too "pinkish" for me - I'd rather need something like "terracotta" (probably somebody more experienced with their colours could help me out there ...).
But i definitely like EDM very much, a lovely texture and i prefer MMU without bismuth !
lin
jlrobatzek
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 24, 2006 5:45 am      Reply with quote
I recieved the Natural blush with my order, and it didn't show up on my skin at all. I'm between the Light and Medium Beige during the summer. It does make a great highlighter. It has a bit of a shimmer. I use it over my daytime blush when I go out at night.
Mariav
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 24, 2006 7:48 pm      Reply with quote
EDM also has some new blushes that they've recently come out with, but Apple is still my favorite from them. I def. have to apply with a skunk brush though and that really helps with a lighter application. If you don't have one, but wear mineral blushes, you really should get one. It helps quite a bit. It's the brush with the white tips at the end and the bristles are staggered (but so soft) so you don't get that major application. I also sometimes will softly buff the color off on a kleenex, then apply what's still on the brush to my cheekbones. I get a really soft application that way.

I am in love with Alima MMU blushes right now. They are some of the most beautiful colors I have seen. Guava, Tea Rose, Aurora (to name just a couple)- just gorgeous and go on beautifully. They have the tiniest bit of luminosity that just makes your face look flushed and transulentw with the softest glow....sigh... I am using them with either Alima's foundation or EDM's AWESOME Intensive MMU. My perfect match is a little Golden Glow mixed with Fairly Light. My skin loves this stuff.

Maria Laughing

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 25, 2006 4:25 am      Reply with quote
A few people have mentioned Golden Light do you mean Golden Fair the foundation sold on EM's website?

I am thinking of trying a sample of that. I currently use Fair, but sometimes it looks a bit too pink on me.

Also, how long do the foundation samples last for those that have ordered them?
Mariav
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 25, 2006 7:24 am      Reply with quote
Anna_in_Sweden wrote:
A few people have mentioned Golden Light do you mean Golden Fair the foundation sold on EM's website?

I am thinking of trying a sample of that. I currently use Fair, but sometimes it looks a bit too pink on me.

Also, how long do the foundation samples last for those that have ordered them?

Yup, Anna, that's what I meant "golden fair". Sorry to confuse. I mix a little "fairly light" with "golden fair" and come up with a not too pink not to yellow shade that's really lovely.

The foundation samples last quite a long time. Mine lasted at least two weeks. They are also in the process of coming up with more varied foundation color, so we'll see.

Maria Laughing

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 25, 2006 7:28 am      Reply with quote
How do you ladies find the lasting quality of these blushes? My blush always seems to fade so quickly on me.
PocoLoco
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 25, 2006 3:50 pm      Reply with quote
Hi

I love the Siesta...it's like Nars Orgasm only without the glitter. A natural, peachy color.
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 4:45 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |