Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)
::REVIEW:: ORBIS DEODORANT GEL
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
tiger_tim
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 24, 2006 2:06 am      Reply with quote
You have been warned. This is an out and out RAVE.

A deodorant review is an odd thing to appear here (though they would be helpful to have for lines like Dr. H., Decleor etc.).. but this stuff is MAGIC, so I really wanted to post about it. I have been using this all week and given it is the peak of summer that is more than long enough to make this review!!

Here has been my deodorant problem till now: I want something that is not sticky, does not leave white marks, that preferably does not contain aluminium, is not fragranced, and will stand up to the Tokyo heat and humidity. Think I can find something? Nope, never found anything that matches all (or even all but one) of the above.

In Japan I just have to say that deodorants (stick/roll-on/spray) are not that "big" - off the top of my head I only can think of 2 brands. I have often seen liquid or cream type deodorants, but somehow thought "ick". But the other day I caved. I ordered a couple of things from Orbis for the first time and one was their Deodorant Gel (840 yen - about $7.40 for a 35g tube). This stuff comes out looking like a milky sunscreen or cleanser (very similar in look and texture to Sunkiller Daily UV gel - ie. not a "gel" at all). It is applied using the fingers to dry skin (that is what was always "ick" to me).

This stuff:
- applies like a dream - no tackiness - skin feels completely dry in an instant
- has NO fragrance (and no added colors)
- keeps me DRY all day (even when wandering around in the most humid weather)
- not a HINT of smell (not even after trudging home after a long, hot day walking around).
- NO white marks on clothing or on the skin.
- is POWDER-IN and OIL-FREE

I have done my best to translate the ingredients (man, I need a chemical dictionary!)

Active Ingredient:
Chlorhydroxy A1 (ok, sadly this is a type of aluminium, but the stuff is so good I dont care anymore Laughing)

Other Ingredients:
Water, Cyclopentasiloxane (a silicone), Ethanol, POE Dimethicon Co-polymer, Cctenyl Succinate Zea Mays (corn) Starch A1, Distearyl Dimethyl Ammonium Hectolight, Rosemary Extract, Arabian Jasmine Extract, β-Cyclodextrin, BG, Vitamin E

And now to say "I'm sorry". Why? Because Orbis is only sold in Japan Laughing (well, Orbis will ship international, but the catch is you have to read Japanese as they dont offer an English website.. and I think they are in Korea too). Who are Orbis? In a previous post I referred to them as the "Avon of Japan" - they do have catalogs and web sales and leaflets in newspapers and magazines - but no direct sales people.

The official spiel on the company webiste is "ORBIS Inc. is a leading company in mail-order cosmetics and is also involved markets such as health food and women's lingerie. ORBIS Inc. is well known for its 100% oil-free skin care and has seen its customer's numbers increase dramatically beyond 6 million since the introduction of its popular 100% oil-free skin care." They offer mail order, telephone order, web shop, and have about 6 bricks 'n' mortar stores around Japan.

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 24, 2006 3:33 am      Reply with quote
Wow!
It sounds fabulous!
CK
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 24, 2006 7:08 am      Reply with quote
Hi Tiger_tim, I think this is the one you're talking about, right?

https://www.orbis.co.jp/Shop/small.asp?id=1651010

I believe I've seen this brand over here and will try searching for it over the weekend. I was planning to get Decleor's one but let me just see if I like the texture before making any decision. Razz

Thanks for your review!! Very Happy
tiger_tim
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 24, 2006 7:54 am      Reply with quote
Yes! that is the one!

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 24, 2006 8:07 am      Reply with quote
Tiger, this is not fair !
And it's definitely not odd to review a deo - i found it very important and would like to read more of it (odd is something else - odd is when i'd order deo stick from Japan..., and also odd are the white marks deosticks leave on my mostly black clothing, ...).
lin
Olyn
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 24, 2006 12:51 pm      Reply with quote
Aaagh, I need this!
Mabsy

Thu Aug 24, 2006 6:49 pm      Reply with quote
Great, this sounds exactly like what I need (still haven't found *the* deodorant) and I have to go all the way to Japan to get it??!! D'oh!
roadbee
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 24, 2006 7:48 pm      Reply with quote
First I stop using deodorants/antiperspirants b/c I 'tried' to rid parabens from my product lines. Then I started to use it again after finding not many brands actually had parabens in them. But I'm still in search of that 'do it all' deordorant. I want this! Too many partially used but rejected sticks hanging around my dresser.
tiger_tim
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 24, 2006 8:27 pm      Reply with quote
..oh, and dont you just hate the dry flakiness of some deodorants and the "film" and itch they give? yuk.

I thought I was on a good thing with the speedstick for ladies till i discovered what it did to black camis! grrrr That is what convinced me to try this when i saw it.

Give me a week to get things in order and I can likely run an order for everyone here.

Fri Aug 25, 2006 5:29 am      Reply with quote
Give me a week to get things in order and I can likely run an order for everyone here

I'll be watching too !

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 25, 2006 7:03 am      Reply with quote
Last one I found was the speedstick 24/7 Cool Fusion (my housekeeper actually recommended it). Good, but still has a ting of odor by late in the day. Still, it's better than everything else we have gone thru, this Texas humidity is a tough cookie. This sounds really great though. Tiger Tim, is there a website we can order from?

5% products discount

Fri Aug 25, 2006 9:24 am      Reply with quote
I would LOVE to get one of these. If you could order one for me and I could pay you via Paypal or some other way, that would be fantastic... None of the regular deodorants work for me Sad
roadbee
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 25, 2006 12:07 pm      Reply with quote
Laughing Maybe the company can supply a group rate!!
triry
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 26, 2006 1:48 pm      Reply with quote
I'm gonna try this product. It's sounds great and the price is reasonable.
la vie en rose
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 27, 2006 5:59 pm      Reply with quote
count me in too!
Tosca
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 27, 2006 7:34 pm      Reply with quote
Me too, please!! I have serious deodorant issues. (Mine sometimes stop working when I get cold. Go figure.)
tiger_tim
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 27, 2006 8:14 pm      Reply with quote
OK, I am going to put a post on the Lounge board about doing a group order for next weekend. I want to get anohter tube for myself too so I dont have to face a day where I run out!

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 18, 2006 3:13 pm      Reply with quote
Got my order in today and can't wait to try it tommorrow. Thank you so much for taking the time (especially since you were under the weather) to order this for us. My husband wants to know if we order it in industrial-sized 50 gallon drums. Laughing
Seriously, if we love this stuff do you know if there is a toll free number that we could call Orbis customer service in English? I would not presume upon you to keep me instock! Also, how much do you use per side? I tried it on my hand (just a dollop as to not waste any) and it just melted right in, no odor, no color or residue at all.
Thanks again. Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 18, 2006 4:09 pm      Reply with quote
AnnieR wrote:
Got my order in today and can't wait to try it tommorrow. Thank you so much for taking the time (especially since you were under the weather) to order this for us. My husband wants to know if we order it in industrial-sized 50 gallon drums. Laughing
Seriously, if we love this stuff do you know if there is a toll free number that we could call Orbis customer service in English? I would not presume upon you to keep me instock! Also, how much do you use per side? I tried it on my hand (just a dollop as to not waste any) and it just melted right in, no odor, no color or residue at all.
Thanks again. Smile

Hi Annie,

I just use a drop (smaller than a pea) on each side. Mine has been going strong for a good month now,so it seems to be lasting well.

They have a call center, but there is no English service connected to it. However if you did decide you needed a vat of the stuff it would be no trouble to get it foryou.

Tue Sep 19, 2006 4:03 am      Reply with quote
Oh I so can't wait for this to arrive! Thank you Tiger_tim for arranging this CP
amnis
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 20, 2006 7:04 pm      Reply with quote
How did I miss this thread?! Brick wall I would have been one of those to order one from you, tiger tim!! This stuff sounds amazing! I am a total sweat hog and pit out so fast Mad . I use a Rx deo every now and then but it's so strong and makes me itch. I can only use it at night then have to take a shower in the morning b/c of the smell. (The directions say to apply at night once or twice a week). For the most part, it works. But like I said, I'm not crazy about the smell, itchiness and ESPECIALLY when it bleaches out my dark PJs (so I have to make sure I wear a white t-shirt when I use it). I then wear Clarins Dynamisante Deo (LOVE the smell) or Jason Tea Tree body powder (on non-tank top days) for added protection. I'm not big on using products with chemicals (like Aluminum or Triclosan); however, if it means I can stay dry and smelly-free then I use it (oh, the compromise!)

Anyway, I'll try to keep my eye out for the next time you announce another order! Wink

early-mid 30s || oily-combination, sensitive & acne-prone skin || mild breakouts (Aczone helps a lot) || occasional eczema rashes || fine lines around eyes || very dark under eye cirlces- concealer a must || very fair neutral-warm complexion, blue eyes, blonde hair
Olyn
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 27, 2006 8:46 pm      Reply with quote
Ok Tiger_tim...

From now on, anything that you recommend, I will probably buy. I have been using this deodorant for several days now and it truly is magic. Another bonus is that I notice I don't get those ingrown hairs anymore from shaving. I just can't believe how it lasts and lasts, doesn't get on my clothing, and doesn't make my armpits feel weird. Thank you, thank you, thank you!

Has anyone tried the pore refiner yet? I have not tried my sample yet.
ParisTroika
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 27, 2006 10:23 pm      Reply with quote
I want I want I want!!!

I have hyperhydrosis...excessive sweating...and I have to use that Certain Dri stuff that irritates and destroys my underarms.

I wish I could order this in the States!!!

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 27, 2006 11:22 pm      Reply with quote
ParisTroika wrote:
I want I want I want!!!

Me too!!!! Laughing

Have you ever tried the prescription "Drysol"? Certain Dri wasn't strong enough for me.

I even tried to get my insurance to cover botox injections for hyperhydrosis... I had my derm back me on it but my insurance company didn't budge. (BIG surprise! Rolling Eyes)

early-mid 30s || oily-combination, sensitive & acne-prone skin || mild breakouts (Aczone helps a lot) || occasional eczema rashes || fine lines around eyes || very dark under eye cirlces- concealer a must || very fair neutral-warm complexion, blue eyes, blonde hair
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 28, 2006 5:37 am      Reply with quote
Does Drysol work?

Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:20 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |