Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Chocolate
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
appletini
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 26, 2006 5:35 am      Reply with quote
I've been eating half a small bar of dark chocolate every day for the past year or two, for the supposed antioxidant effects (honestly!)
I get the kind that's at least 70 - 80% cocoa.

Wondering does anybody else here do this?

Am thinking of increasing my "dosage" Bad Grin
freefall2
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 26, 2006 6:38 am      Reply with quote
I love dark chocolate but I had to give up all caffiene because it causes my heart to beat irregularly. Image

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 26, 2006 6:50 am      Reply with quote
Freefall2,

I'm with you. I love dark chocolate too! I just love the potency of it...the mixture of bitter and sweet. Yummy. Very Happy
rosebud
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 26, 2006 9:00 am      Reply with quote
I have had to give up all chocolate Sad due to lactose intollerance but when I used to enjoy chocolate I loved Lindt 70% cocoa solids and for you hardcores out there I recomend the Lindt 85% cocoa solids.
Green and Blacks do delicious chocolate.
For anyone who is like me I have just discovered Chocolate flavoured tea: Celestial Seasonings and Yucca do good Chocolate tea Very Happy

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 26, 2006 10:31 am      Reply with quote
rosebud wrote:
when I used to enjoy chocolate I loved Lindt 70% cocoa solids and for you hardcores out there I recomend the Lindt 85% cocoa solids.

The Lindt 70% is my regular that I have every day... just half of one of the small bars. Of course I only do this for the purported skin benefits Laughing

Hey, Rosebud, re your lactose intolerance, I always thought this kind of dark choc contained no milk, so I got a bar of 70% Lindt out of the fridge to check the ingredients. There's no milk products listed as ingredients, as such, but it does state that it may contain "traces" of peanuts, soy, hazelnuts, almonds and MILK. Maybe they make it in the same factories where they make the milk chocs, so there's the risk of cross-contamination? Maybe you can find a brand of dark choc without any traces of milk? But you've probably looked into that already, as you seem to know your chocolate Smile
majorb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 26, 2006 10:52 am      Reply with quote
I usually end up eating chocolate every day - but I'm not going to embarrass myself by pretending that it's for health reasons. Laughing

Happily, I do prefer dark, intensely flavoured chocolate, which is supposed to be better for you. But I have been known to eat cooking chocolate when there was nothing else in the house and I absolutely had to have some.

I'm another Lindt and G&B fan, but would always, always choose La Maison du Chocolat instead, given the option. Personally, I think that's the best chocolate in the world. Belgian chocolate is too sweet and sickly for my taste. (So says the cooking chocolate eating freakoid. Embarassed )
manslayerliz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 26, 2006 11:08 am      Reply with quote
I'm a big coffee drinker, but when I was living in Japan I didn't care for the coffee that was available so I started pouring boiling water over unsweetened cocoa powder and drinking it in the mornings--- it was delicious!!^-^

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 26, 2006 11:12 am      Reply with quote
majorb wrote:
I have been known to eat cooking chocolate when there was nothing else in the house and I absolutely had to have some.

When I was eating it a lot, it usually was chunks from a baking bar. I'd get the Bernard Callebaut bittersweet or semisweet 16oz baking bars and bash them into little chunks with a kitchen mallet. I still have a bit of that in the fridge and when I really have to have a taste that's what I nibble. I only have it in the morning because I can handle the arrhythmia during the day but it keeps me awake at night.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 26, 2006 11:45 am      Reply with quote
I love milk chocolate, hate the dark stuff. My husband eats the dark stuff so you could say we have a partnership based upon the keeping the mitts off each others chocolate Laughing
triry
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 26, 2006 1:38 pm      Reply with quote
I love, love, love chocolate. However, I have been watching how much I eat lately. Also, I am not a big fan of dark chocolate.
Emma2006
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 26, 2006 2:06 pm      Reply with quote
I eat milk chocolate for a calcium benefits.
Cool
Yen
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 26, 2006 2:24 pm      Reply with quote
I have a chocolate allergy which totally sucks. I try my best to avoid it. Sad
KARINA
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 26, 2006 2:56 pm      Reply with quote
I binge on chocolate every day - when i am at work - i go out and buy several bars of chocolate and eat them after lunch........
wildflower
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 26, 2006 3:52 pm      Reply with quote
All I can say is Mmmmmmmmmmmmm Chocolate! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 26, 2006 4:34 pm      Reply with quote
I actually FOUND a bar of Lindt 99% - but yeah, that's not very good for eating Laughing
Rimi
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 26, 2006 6:10 pm      Reply with quote
Yen wrote:
I have a chocolate allergy which totally sucks. I try my best to avoid it. Sad

That's interesting - I thought I was the only one! It's not fair. Why not an allergy to anchovies, liver, or anything else like this Confused - oh it's so sad... Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Sad Sad

OK, enough drama. Seriously, I react only to milk chocolate, but not dark - which is my favorite anyhow.
scalawaggirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 26, 2006 6:25 pm      Reply with quote
Not to start a riot but I don't like chocolate very much and only eat it once or twice a year. Of course, I don't have a big sweet tooth so that's probably why.

I think I am in the minority!
ArtTeacher
5% products discount

Sat Aug 26, 2006 6:39 pm      Reply with quote
I like to eat the chocolate that others, like scalawaggirl leave behhind. I wouldn't want there to be homeless, unloved, unwanted chocolate in the world. I am non-discriminating when it comes to chocolate.

I was especially happy to hear that they say pregnant moms who eat chocolate have happier babies. So now, I do it for next-generation. We don't want a bunch of sulky, ticked-off people running the country when we're old.

Very Happy
Rufus
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 26, 2006 8:53 pm      Reply with quote
scalawaggirl wrote:
Not to start a riot but I don't like chocolate very much and only eat it once or twice a year. Of course, I don't have a big sweet tooth so that's probably why.

I think I am in the minority!

Mmmmmmmmmmm that means more for us Bad Grin

Chocolate, the 5th food group Shhh
triry
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 27, 2006 2:52 am      Reply with quote
I am not a big fan of dark chocolates, however my high school math teacher was so whenever we had exam she would bring these dark chocolate bars and they are by far the best one I've had. I can't remember the brand though.
Poppy
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 27, 2006 5:29 am      Reply with quote
ArtTeacher wrote:

I was especially happy to hear that they say pregnant moms who eat chocolate have happier babies. So now, I do it for next-generation. We don't want a bunch of sulky, ticked-off people running the country when we're old.

Very Happy

I am so happy to hear that Laughing
Now I know why I have to have my chocolate...and though I am not pregnant (yet!)here's to happier future babies Laughing

Love my Lindt Wafers !
Rufus
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 27, 2006 6:13 am      Reply with quote
[quote="Poppy
Love my Lindt Wafers ![/quote]

Drool Drool Mmmmmmmmmmm Lindt Wafers
appletini
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 27, 2006 9:58 am      Reply with quote
sormuimui wrote:
I actually FOUND a bar of Lindt 99% - but yeah, that's not very good for eating Laughing

99%! That must be some serious chocolate. Did you try it? I find even the 85% a little bitter for my taste and stick with the 70% Laughing
angel06
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 27, 2006 10:38 am      Reply with quote
i love chocolate not so crazy about the dark kind but i have been trying to buy it for the benefit of my skin Laughing
c4ward
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 27, 2006 1:28 pm      Reply with quote
You mean eating chocolate will help my skin? Well, that's great news!
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:58 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |