Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)
whats good for blemishes/spots?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
mixCD
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 26, 2006 7:56 pm      Reply with quote
Im a 26 y/o Male. I use Cetaphil cleanser and sometimes I use the Neutragena on the spot BP when I get pimples and last I apply cetaphil moisturizer. It keeps my from breaking out and my skin is looking good. But I have blemishes/spots from pimples I had before that take a long time to fade away. Is there something thats good for the spots? Any suggestions? Maybe a mask or peel or whatever..

Let me know

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 26, 2006 9:03 pm      Reply with quote
I've been using the Emu-Neem Soap from Earth to Body (www.earthtobody.ca ) to cleanse my face morning and evening and spot treat with tea tree oil. I use the Clay-Neem Treatment (also from Earth to Body) as a mask to deep cleanse my face every other day (I have oily skin so I don't find it drying at all). I alternate between the Juice Beauty Green Apple Peel and the Neutrogena Acne Mark Fading Peel to fade my acne scars. So far, this regime has been working for me.
skincareaddicted
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 26, 2006 10:29 pm      Reply with quote
Yonka Juvenil is excellent for spots. you can use it as a spot treatment, serum for all over the face or mixed with your moisturizer. I just purchased Juice Beauty Blemish Clearing Serum. I will keep everyone updated.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 26, 2006 10:30 pm      Reply with quote
oops, sorry i thought you meant current pimples. well, to fad spots, try vitamin 3 capsules, just crack them open and apply.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 27, 2006 12:11 am      Reply with quote
Yen, you've stopped your Serious Skincare regime?
mixCD
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 27, 2006 10:17 am      Reply with quote
skincareaddicted

thata a good idea about the vitamins. Now does it matter which kind of vitamins. I take multi-vitamins (www.ouramazingvitamins.com). Do i just apply on at night as a spot?

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 27, 2006 2:00 pm      Reply with quote
You could try using an AHA cream at night thats what ive been using and find it fades marks pretty well , its not instant but overtime it works. just now im using Skin Doctors Gamma hydroxy cream HTH
Yen
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 27, 2006 2:05 pm      Reply with quote
dollbird wrote:
Yen, you've stopped your Serious Skincare regime?

Yeah, I have. They weren't working fast enough for me. I got kind of impatient. I still have the SSC products on hand in case the Earth to Body products fail, but so far so good. Very Happy
smqueen
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 02, 2006 7:19 am      Reply with quote
polysporin! best acne spot treatment i have tried
MTRLB
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 02, 2006 7:51 am      Reply with quote
stop using BP on ur skin!

Yes its good on blemishes and pimples.
but it's light sensitive and it'll burn ur skin.
Therefore your spots will get progressively darker as it heals ur pimples.
u want to get rid of those spot. so you dun want that to happen.
Just a mere second of sunlight, it'll burn.
Avoid using BP.
u can try salicylic acid or tea tree oil.
teatea
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 03, 2006 2:05 pm      Reply with quote
zinc and polysporin help heal and get rid of the redness.
Crystalline Green

Sun Sep 03, 2006 2:21 pm      Reply with quote
I found that a Vitamin C Cream/Serum along with MSM cream is really, really, really, really extraordinary at evening out skin tone, healing red marks, and preventing bumps from reappearing. I love this stuff! My face has improved atleast 75% in the past 3 days.. I honestly can't get over it. Thank you God!!
amnis
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 03, 2006 11:01 pm      Reply with quote
You might want to try an aspirin mask or try using an Apple Cider Vinegar toner (see the DIY thread for recipes: http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=11902 ).

OR... I have heard that an enzyme peel works well for fading red spots (like a pumpkin peel mask such as from PSF). I myself just ordered the PSF pumpkin peel mask and am going to give it a try.

For the last year or so I have been using an aspirin mask with success. It has really helped the overall clarity of my skin (well, I am also using Rx Tazorac too). The combination must be doing well in helping my to even out my skin and to help lessen the time that those pesky red spots last after a zit heals.

I still want to try giving the ACV toner a try but the first time I tried it I think I irritated my skin too much with it so I have been afraid to try it for fear it will make my skin worse again. It could have been a coincidence too though. Right now I'm trying out Dr. Hauschka's products (I have always use the homemade version of the cleansing cream) but recently have added the Dr. H clarifying toner and normalizing oil to my regime. So far, so good. Perhaps I will just spot treat JUST my red spots with the ACV toner and see how that goes...

Anyway, good luck!

early-mid 30s || oily-combination, sensitive & acne-prone skin || mild breakouts (Aczone helps a lot) || occasional eczema rashes || fine lines around eyes || very dark under eye cirlces- concealer a must || very fair neutral-warm complexion, blue eyes, blonde hair
skincareaddicted
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 03, 2006 11:49 pm      Reply with quote
mixCD wrote:
skincareaddicted

thata a good idea about the vitamins. Now does it matter which kind of vitamins. I take multi-vitamins (www.ouramazingvitamins.com). Do i just apply on at night as a spot?

hi mixCD--i had a type up there. "vitamin 3" was supposed to be "vitamin e." sorry about the confusion. the vitamins i am talking about specifically to crack open and apply are vitamin e capsules. you can find them pretty much anywhere--target, walmart, walgreens, etc.

per the other ladies' suggestions, if you decide to use any type of acid like AHA, remember to wear sunscreen everyday and try to stay out of the sun, as marks and scars can actually darken with AHA. HTH

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 07, 2006 8:38 am      Reply with quote
^^^ok great. Do I apply at night for a few minutes on the spots or leave on overnight?

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 12, 2006 10:54 pm      Reply with quote
ok well i have stopped using BP and just stick with washing my face with cetaphile and ocassionaly use a buff puff facial sponge. I also use the toner i mention above in my previous post. I have had new pimples and my blemishes are getting more red and i have more i mean more blemishes..what is going on here..??? Sad

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 12, 2006 10:55 pm      Reply with quote
it seems like that once i got off of using the BP my skin just looks nasty...

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 13, 2006 5:43 pm      Reply with quote
mixCD, try Earth to Body products. I've been using them for a little over a month and they're the best stuff I've ever used.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 14, 2006 8:22 am      Reply with quote
mixCD wrote:
ok well i have stopped using BP and just stick with washing my face with cetaphile and ocassionaly use a buff puff facial sponge. I also use the toner i mention above in my previous post. I have had new pimples and my blemishes are getting more red and i have more i mean more blemishes..what is going on here..??? Sad

mixCD benzoyl peroxide may be irritating and some, myself included, have concerns about it causing damage to the skin since it is an oxidizer. But benzoyl peroxide is usually very effective at treating acne! You are probably getting more pimples and worse ones because you stopped using the BP. Why did you decide to stop using the BP? I stopped using it several months ago for the reasons I stated above irritation and concern about long-term skin damage.
Agent OO-CAT
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 14, 2006 10:26 am      Reply with quote
MTRLB wrote:
stop using BP on ur skin!

Yes its good on blemishes and pimples.
but it's light sensitive and it'll burn ur skin.
Therefore your spots will get progressively darker as it heals ur pimples.
u want to get rid of those spot. so you dun want that to happen.
Just a mere second of sunlight, it'll burn.
Avoid using BP.
u can try salicylic acid or tea tree oil.

OMG! That's so true. I didn't know that BP causes skin to burn but this makes sense. It's happened to me.
TheresaL
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 14, 2006 2:02 pm      Reply with quote
MTRLB, AgentOO-CAT; could you both go into a little more detail here. Are you talking about sunburn or something else? Will this happen if you wear sunscreen or only if you don't wear sunscreen? TIA
mixCD
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 14, 2006 3:21 pm      Reply with quote
TheresaL wrote:
mixCD wrote:

mixCD benzoyl peroxide may be irritating and some, myself included, have concerns about it causing damage to the skin since it is an oxidizer. But benzoyl peroxide is usually very effective at treating acne! You are probably getting more pimples and worse ones because you stopped using the BP. Why did you decide to stop using the BP? I stopped using it several months ago for the reasons I stated above irritation and concern about long-term skin damage.

the reason i stopped using it was because i didnt want my skin to depend on it. It didnt irritate my skin. But for the same reason you did was my concern about the long term use and how it can damage the skin or promote premature aging. But now my skin is getting better...

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 14, 2006 8:55 pm      Reply with quote
Hi!

If you want to speed up the disappearance of spots you may want to consider spa or at home microdermabrasion. If you decide to get an at home kit, follow the directions so that you are not too aggressive with your skin.

Glycolic products will also help to stimulate skin cell turnover...

Also use an exfoliant as well as a good sunscreen at all times.

Take care.
Bosoxy.

Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:20 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |