Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Anyone tried Vivant's Spin Trap C&E serum?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Molly
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 27, 2006 5:28 pm      Reply with quote
Hi
Did anyone try Vivant's Spin Trap 15%C plus E serum?

I thought I'd pick up a half ounce along with some more Mandelic, but I'm using that Triple C from Dianayvonne at the moment and it's not very nice on my skin. Makes it look like leather instantly so I can't use it most days. Now I'm worried this might come out the same. Never had a problem like that with the Cellularskin C nor the JB C&C so it's a bit weird.

TIA Anyone?
skincarefreak
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 27, 2006 6:48 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Molly,

I've used it and like it very much. I'm thinking of buying it. My skin had a glow to it and it looked fuller also. It has the alcohol smell to it but that fades quickly. HTH
Molly
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 27, 2006 6:54 pm      Reply with quote
Skincarefreak
Sounds great, but what skin type are you? Have you tried other C's to compare?
Thanks a lot, M Cool
PocoLoco
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 27, 2006 7:00 pm      Reply with quote
Molly, I'm worried that if Triple C makes your skin dry, that SpinTrap would be worse for you. It is acidic and the TripleC is not. See if you can try a sample size first before investing in a half ounce.
Molly
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 27, 2006 7:47 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks Pocoloco

But I've used acidic products before to good effect so I'm thinking there's just something in this particular formulation that doesn't suit my skin because as you say it's more neutral so it shouldn't be doing this.

My skin's not dried out. It just looks leathery immediately after applying even on my arms despite topping with emu.
skincarefreak
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 27, 2006 7:58 pm      Reply with quote
I bought a sample from Diana Yvonne. As far as my skin type, I'm combination. Yes, I've used Skinceuticals and that was very irritating and drying for my skin. This is better but I did put the red tea serum over it.
PocoLoco
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 27, 2006 7:59 pm      Reply with quote
Molly, can you give more information about what you mean by "looks leathery?" If it's not dried out, I can't visualize what you mean...is it red, mottled, or irritated?
guapagirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 28, 2006 4:30 pm      Reply with quote
I am totally unimpressed with the C serums from DY. I know the PG based 12% is ok (cos they all come from professional solutions who do cellularskin's stuff), but the other serums have been oxidised and frankly rubbish.

Sorry pished ranting...should go to bed! Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 28, 2006 4:54 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Guapagirl
I'd noticed your problems with the DY L-Ascorbic serums on the other forum and steered clear of them - thanks! I thought the ester one would be a safer choice and I fancied something neutral for the summer.

but did you try the Vivant C&E only your skin's v. similar to mine whenever I read your responses to products?
TIA Molly Cool
Molly
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 28, 2006 5:45 pm      Reply with quote
Quote:
Molly, can you give more information about what you mean by "looks leathery?" If it's not dried out, I can't visualize what you mean...is it red, mottled, or irritated?

Pocoloco, I forgot to answer you.
I'm just mincing my terms. It's not red or irritated and it is 'dried out', but only on the surface for several hours not a long-term dehydration thing.
It just seems to seriously dry out the upper surface of my skin temporarily and it still looks that way with HA and emu on top so it's a bit ugly for day use though I splash it on my chest and arms at night.
Amyalex
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 27, 2007 10:51 pm      Reply with quote
Sorry for resurrecting a year old post here!!
With the never-ending Vitamin C search (at least for me), I am curious about peoples' thoughts now on this Vivant's Spin Trap serum.

Molly - I think you ended up trying this didn't you? Did you end up liking/staying with it? Has anyone else tried it?

I was going to try one of the triple C's, but then I read about the whole ph thing which made it sound like maybe that's not the route to go.. and so now I'm searching again... I have been using SC CEFerulic. I like that I can get in the small vials to keep fresh and never have a huge quantity at once. Grrr, It shouldn't be this difficult to pick a new one! Rolling Eyes
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:38 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |