Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

::Review:: make that warning Decleor Phytopeel-face peel
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
Rufus
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 27, 2006 9:41 pm      Reply with quote
This isn't a review as much as it is a warning for those with sensitive (especially rosacea) skin. The Decleor "Phytopeel-face peel" was a bit too much for my sensitive skin. Following the instructions I found the mask difficult to remove and because my skin is sensitive I won't try it again. I got it as a sample so I'm glad I didn't put out much for it. Anyone out there have good results, please tell me about them. I don't feel that any product is either best or worst as much as a product is either good or bad for an individuals skin. Razz

Quote:
Description:
Phytopeel - Face Peel. Here is one in the form of a pretty, pearly cream, containing clay, which deep cleanses and smooths your skin. Freed from is impurities, your skin regains its radiance and its texture is refined.
Key ingredients: Essential oils of majoram, lavender, lemon, thyme, extracts of burdock, elder and mallow.
No particles: the exfoliating effect comes from ingenious formulation. Use circular movements to sweep away the dead cells, remove the excess with tonic. Results: gentle treatment for your skin.

Skin Types:
all

Useage:
Use once or twice a week.
Apply a generous layer to face and neck. Allow to dry.
Gently massage, using upward circular movements.
Remove excess with a cotton pad soaked in LOTION TONIQUE DERMO-FLORALE.

Ingredients:
Essential oils of majoram, lavender, lemon, thyme, extracts of burdock, elder and mallow.
gosa
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 28, 2006 4:16 am      Reply with quote
i too received a sample of it in the last EDS order. i also have problems removing it. though after washing the residue off with water it does make my skin feel a little smoother. (though i used Decleor's cleansing oil prior to using it for the first time, so i don't know which effect it is by)

perhaps someone could enlighten me on how to remove the mask? i just scrubbed it all off basically (feeling as if my skin was about to be rubbed out, yikes Confused )
Rufus
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 28, 2006 9:07 am      Reply with quote
gosa wrote:
i too received a sample of it in the last EDS order. i also have problems removing it. though after washing the residue off with water it does make my skin feel a little smoother. (though i used Decleor's cleansing oil prior to using it for the first time, so i don't know which effect it is by)

perhaps someone could enlighten me on how to remove the mask? i just scrubbed it all off basically (feeling as if my skin was about to be rubbed out, yikes Confused )

Yeah, I'd like to know where I went wrong hmm

I still won't use the stuff as with my sensitive skin I don't want to chance a reaction.
milodomi
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 31, 2006 1:42 pm      Reply with quote
i had the same experience and my skin isn't too sensitive..actually same with most of the peel type of products, i haven't had any luck with it
Rufus
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 01, 2006 2:34 pm      Reply with quote
milodomi wrote:
i had the same experience and my skin isn't too sensitive..actually same with most of the peel type of products, i haven't had any luck with it

It was the first mask I had to pick off and couldn't wait to get off my skin. I'm sure there are people out there who love the stuff but all that rubbing is too much for me, I prefer a rinse off mask.
gosa
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 01, 2006 6:47 pm      Reply with quote
i couldn't handle all that rubbing either.
i bought it in a coffret so thankfully didn't spent 'too' much on it

then again i still love Decleor though esp cleansing oil and the fresh flower range. smells really really good Cool
VL
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 03, 2006 2:34 pm      Reply with quote
phytopeel is not a mask but an exfoliator. The way I have learnt to use it from the decleor therapist is to take a little bit and smooth it over neck and face. Once applied, pat over the portions you think is still bit too damp. Do not allow it to dry completely as it won't be as effective as when you start taking it off while it's still bit damp on the skin. Hold your skin with one finger (left hand) while you use your right hand finger to rub it off (in little circular motions) gently. Once the whole neck and face is done, then, rinse off with water. I pat dry and then apply a moisturising mask eg. hydra floral.

If your skin is sensitive, I would recommend the decleor 'radiating peel off mask' instead of phytopeel as it is less messy while still being an exfoliator as well as a mask.It is a gentle mask as well. I still use a moisturising mask after using the peel. For whatever reason, EDS does not stock decleor's peel off mask.

If I had to buy one exfoliating mask, I would buy phytopeel, however, for sensitive skins, the peel off mask might be better.

Hope this helps.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 04, 2006 5:03 pm      Reply with quote
Vidisha Lala wrote:
phytopeel is not a mask but an exfoliator. The way I have learnt to use it from the decleor therapist is to take a little bit and smooth it over neck and face. Once applied, pat over the portions you think is still bit too damp. Do not allow it to dry completely as it won't be as effective as when you start taking it off while it's still bit damp on the skin. Hold your skin with one finger (left hand) while you use your right hand finger to rub it off (in little circular motions) gently. Once the whole neck and face is done, then, rinse off with water. I pat dry and then apply a moisturising mask eg. hydra floral.

If your skin is sensitive, I would recommend the decleor 'radiating peel off mask' instead of phytopeel as it is less messy while still being an exfoliator as well as a mask.It is a gentle mask as well. I still use a moisturising mask after using the peel. For whatever reason, EDS does not stock decleor's peel off mask.

If I had to buy one exfoliating mask, I would buy phytopeel, however, for sensitive skins, the peel off mask might be better.

Hope this helps.

Thanks that's a great description on how to use the product. I experimented on the back of my hand. I'd still not use it on my face because of all the rubbing Razz
VL
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 06, 2006 1:33 pm      Reply with quote
fair enough,Rufus. I would like to mention (before this topic is closed) that, if you rub off the phytopeel while it's still bit moist, it comes off very easily and doesn't hurt at all. It's like when you knead dough, what sticks to your hand.. rubbing it off while it's damp as opposed to rubbing it off when dry.

Why I like this phytopeel is because my skin is silky smooth after I have gone through the routine of applying the moisturising mask afterwards.

The radiant peel off mask is good too but I don't think it takes out the dirt as much as the phytopeel does.

Sat Apr 20, 2024 2:15 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |