Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Freeze 24/7 Ice Shield Facial Cleanser, SPF 15
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
skincareaddicted
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 28, 2006 12:57 am      Reply with quote
i was just messing around on QVC and noticed this cleanser which claims to leave an spf 15 on your face after you wash with it. i looked this up on EDS and sure enough, EDS carries it. Has anyone tried this? sounds crazy!

"The FIRST-EVER Wash-On Sunscreen with SPF 15 and UVA/UVB Protection in a Facial Cleanser. By simply washing your face, Ice Shield™ provides protection against harmful UVA/UVB rays, one of the leading causes of skin aging. This super-charged SPF cleanser protects, hydrate, and clarifies your complexion while infusing skin with essential anti-oxidants."

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/freeze-24-7-freeze-247-skin-care.htm

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 11, 2006 9:43 pm      Reply with quote
ok, i guess no one has tried this, i haven't found reviews anywhere, so i bought it and i will post a review Very Happy

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 11, 2006 9:59 pm      Reply with quote
Way to take one for the team!! LOL!!

Let us know what you think.
Lucinda
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 12, 2006 5:09 am      Reply with quote
How will you be able to tell if you are getting sun protection or not? (unless you go lay in the sun for a few hours..?!)

This product certainly does look interesting! Can't wait for the review!!
TheresaL
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 12, 2006 7:52 am      Reply with quote
Here is a link to a recent thread about this cleanser http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=15863&highlight=freeze+cleanser+sunscreen
ahau
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 12, 2006 11:57 am      Reply with quote
Lucinda wrote:
How will you be able to tell if you are getting sun protection or not? (unless you go lay in the sun for a few hours..?!)

This product certainly does look interesting! Can't wait for the review!!

I feel the same way!
skincareaddicted
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 12, 2006 1:17 pm      Reply with quote
Hi ladies,

I have no idea how this is gonna work, but like someone said in the link posted above (thanks TheresaL, i didn't see that one), it would probably leave a film. i would think it would have to be a cream cleanser of some sort and not a foaming cleanser then.

I got this for my father because he won't apply sunscreen daily (like most people), so i am hoping this will help him at least a little. I normally wouldn't buy any sunscreen product with an spf of less than 30, but this is an exception. i will be testing this product out also Smile.

i have no idea how i would know it's protecting me since i am a sun phobic, but we'll see!

btw, isn't the price just scandalous????

will keep yall updated of course Wink .

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 14, 2006 5:59 pm      Reply with quote
my review: http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=16197&highlight=freeze

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 22, 2008 11:25 pm      Reply with quote
I'm look at their another cleaner: Freeze 24-7 SkinGlace Daily Detoxifying Cleanser & Mask , it sound great. Has anyone tried this? But the price was a little bit expensive.
simran
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 24, 2008 4:53 am      Reply with quote
i dunno how a cleaning product can provide any form of SPF protection after its use. Maybe there are certain chemicals that get absorbed into the skin while cleansing and hence later provide protection. But then if a cleanser instead of removing is adding SPF protection.....how would you take those aditional ingrediants off that provide the protection if not from cleansing Shock

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 10, 2009 3:07 pm      Reply with quote
anymore updates on this?? eager to hear reviews
calorblind
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 10, 2009 3:59 pm      Reply with quote
hopes NOTCH passes by and read this!

btw

WATER (Aqua), Ammonium Lauryl Sulfate, Polyquaternium- Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Dimethicone, Petrolatum Ammonium dimethicone PEG-7 Sulfate, Ammonium Laureth Sulfate Laureth-4, Acrylates Copolymer, Linoleamidopropyl PG-Dimonium Chloride Phosphate Dimethicone, PEG-12 Dimethicone, Ammonium Hydroxide, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Fruit Extract, Salix Alba (Willow) Bark Extract Panthenol, Silk Amino Acids BHT, Caprylyl Glycol, Cetearyl Alcohol, Cetrimonium Methosulfate Disodium EDTA, Fragrance (Parfum), Glycerin, Glycol Stearate PVP, Quaternium-91, Silica, Sodium citrate, Stearamidopropyl Dimethylamine Stearate, Stearic Acid, Titanium Dioxide, Tocopheryl Acetate, Benzoic Acid, Cetrimonium Chloride, Chlorphenesin Phenoxyethanol, Methylisothiazolinone, Butylparaben, Ethylparaben Methylparaben, Isobutylparaben
NOTCH
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 10, 2009 5:04 pm      Reply with quote
calorblind wrote:
hopes NOTCH passes by and read this!

btw

WATER (Aqua), Ammonium Lauryl Sulfate, Polyquaternium- Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Dimethicone, Petrolatum Ammonium dimethicone PEG-7 Sulfate, Ammonium Laureth Sulfate Laureth-4, Acrylates Copolymer, Linoleamidopropyl PG-Dimonium Chloride Phosphate Dimethicone, PEG-12 Dimethicone, Ammonium Hydroxide, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Fruit Extract, Salix Alba (Willow) Bark Extract Panthenol, Silk Amino Acids BHT, Caprylyl Glycol, Cetearyl Alcohol, Cetrimonium Methosulfate Disodium EDTA, Fragrance (Parfum), Glycerin, Glycol Stearate PVP, Quaternium-91, Silica, Sodium citrate, Stearamidopropyl Dimethylamine Stearate, Stearic Acid, Titanium Dioxide, Tocopheryl Acetate, Benzoic Acid, Cetrimonium Chloride, Chlorphenesin Phenoxyethanol, Methylisothiazolinone, Butylparaben, Ethylparaben Methylparaben, Isobutylparaben

Thanks for posting the ingredients, because the ingredients list cannot lie to you. After reading it, I must admit, from a scientific standpoint I am totally skeptical that this would work. The ONLY FDA Monograph approved sunscreen active I see in this product is Titanium Dioxide. I just cannot believe much, if any, TiO2 would be left behind in a wash type product.

Now, with that being said, I also see a LOT of silicone type raw materials. After the typical "wash" type raws such as water, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Ammonium Laureth Sulfate Laureth-4, and Ammonium Lauryl Sulfate, I see:
Dimethicone
Petrolatum
Ammonium dimethicone PEG-7 Sulfate
PG-Dimonium Chloride Phosphate Dimethicone
PEG-12 Dimethicone
Panthenol

All of those are water insoluble, and would be film formers. Actually Panthenol goes into water and "swells". But for those people whose skin do not like silicones or petrolatum, using this would be a disaster! It probably feels like a heavy, goopy, body wash that leaves a strange feeling film behind. There is a possibility that it may trap a "bit" of TiO2 on the skin, but it couldn't be much. BUT!! If it traps just a little, little bit, then the company that produces this product probably has testing to prove that "some" TiO2 was found on the skin after the wash....

....and VIOLA!! Instant label claim! Even though the amount of TiO2 left behind doesn't provide very much in the way of sunscreen protection.

To be honest, I would shy away from this product. I'd be willing to bet that they put it on "straight" without washing with water on the skin and THEN ran the SPF factor testing. This is not illegal to do, after all they just say to "use" the product, but aren't specific in how THEY used it to determine SPF factor. Plus, based on where the TiO2 is in the ingredients list (somewhat near the bottom), I find the SPF 15 claim might be a stretch anyway.

Hope this helps...

John

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 10, 2009 6:34 pm      Reply with quote
wow, 2-in-1 .This must be suitable for everyone who wants to make their routine as simple as it can be.
chenhui
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 19, 2009 5:07 pm      Reply with quote
I have this as a gift from a friend,and I am using it now.But I love it,because it can't make my skin very clear,so I am using it every morning.
Bira
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 19, 2009 7:30 pm      Reply with quote
I can't imagine how you can get sunscreen on your skin after you wash your face. The combo doesn't make much sense to me.
Emma_N
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 19, 2009 11:08 pm      Reply with quote
In my opinion, I don't think a cleanser with SPF can do cleansing job.
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:55 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |